I do not trust our legal system.

I trust click bait journalism less.
View Quote

Touché!

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
We do not have a justice system. We have a legal system.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I completely understand that and I don't trust the government one bit.
The problem is life in prison for an innocent man isn't really any better, and while I understand in theory the conviction can be reversed I suspect in reality that barely ever happens.

For every high profile innocent man getting a conviction reversed I suspect there is many many that did not and never will.

So what's the solution there? It's almost more cruel to put a man in prison for life for something he didn't do then put him to death.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
This is why my support for the death penalty is wavering. I have 0 trust in any of our government, so it makes no sense to to let them make those sorts of decisions. If I guy kills people on camera and admits it, and there are witnesses to back it up, then I guess I’m ok with it. Other than that, I think I’m out of support for the death penalty

I completely understand that and I don't trust the government one bit.
The problem is life in prison for an innocent man isn't really any better, and while I understand in theory the conviction can be reversed I suspect in reality that barely ever happens.

For every high profile innocent man getting a conviction reversed I suspect there is many many that did not and never will.

So what's the solution there? It's almost more cruel to put a man in prison for life for something he didn't do then put him to death.

Bingo!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#5]
FPNI

I have sat on several juries.  The judge wouldn't answer our questions and fucked us on one.  The real story that was inadmissible was clearly evident on another.

There should be some way to hold prosecutors responsible when they knowingly prosecute someone they know is innocent.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TarzanT:

Are you an absolutist?

How about for somebody who shoots up a school and kills a bunch of kids?  Along with dozens of eye witnesses and physical evidence of their guilt?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TarzanT:
Originally Posted By Antero:
This is why I no longer support the death penalty. The government has lost my trust. How would you live with yourself?

Are you an absolutist?

How about for somebody who shoots up a school and kills a bunch of kids?  Along with dozens of eye witnesses and physical evidence of their guilt?

If we can send hundreds of billions of dollars to Ukraine we can afford to keep freaks in little cages until they die. Government shouldn't have the power to kill it's citizens.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
DAs have litterally no concern for justice.  The fact that a case that soft was even brought to trial proves that fact.  Throw on a jury of morons who should have never convicted the dude and what do you get.....

The American justice system....yay.

Edit.  I'll add I believe in the death penalty in theory but I have zero trust in the government and even less in a jury.
View Quote

Yep. Mrs. DC2 was a violent crimes investigator and then death investigator for a local county, as she progressed higher in rank and worked more closely with DA’s she became more and more disillusioned with the whole process. Too many incompetent or corrupt prosecutors choosing not to prosecute crimes that might hurt their “score”.

She still firmly believes in the death penalty, but I’m a few years further descended down the path of the cynical. In theory I support it, in practice absolutely not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:06:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: phungus] [#8]
Originally Posted By Dragracer:
FPNI

I have sat on several juries.  The judge wouldn't answer our questions and fucked us on one.  The real story that was inadmissible was clearly evident on another.

There should be some way to hold prosecutors responsible when they knowingly prosecute someone they know is innocent.
View Quote

Sure, id of loved to see a check box on the jury ballot saying jail the prosecutor, but it wasn’t there so the next best thing we could do was not guilty.

Which we all voted for unanimously on the first vote. Took us all of 15 minutes. My jury case was a DUI that was disturbingly bad and never ever should have happened. It really shook my faith in the police and the courts just how two incompetent cops on a roadside can truly fuck someone’s life up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

That's the mindset cops have when framing people... disgusting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
Originally Posted By Makarov:
That’s a Hell of a post and something to live with.

Two observations;

1) This is why Government can never be trusted with a man’s life. I believe in an eye for an eye but the “Justice” System simply cannot be trusted to not be corrupt. The kangaroo trial of Trump is proof of that!

2) Toforest Johnson may or may not truly be guilty for the crime he was convicted of BUT I am betting he is no angel and is probably guilty of something he deserves to serve time for. Making bad choices in life has a way of catching up tp you in one way or the other. IDK, maybe I’m wrong

If this is really eating at you, maybe start writing letters to…well everyone, explaining how much faith you had placed in this now discredited witness.

That's the mindset cops have when framing people... disgusting.

Yep. That’s part of the problem, not a solution.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Convicted without any physical evidence!  Nobody in the jury had a problem with that!!  Sounds like a jury made up of folks who were easily manipulated, and no one would speak up because they were afraid of what others would think.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I can’t get a DA to prosecute shoplifting with three witnesses, video, a confession and DNA but this dude can get the death penalty with one witness testifying to hearsay? There’s gotta be a middle ground.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
The vast majority of people who are wrongly convicted are still very very guilty of lots of other stuff.

I guess let’s hope this is the case.

Either way, you worked with the information you had at the time, and it’s hard to fault you for that.
View Quote

The testimony that juror had was some person who claims to have overheard him confess in a conversation that she wasn't even a part of.

Kind of scary but not surprising that she just went along with the state and the other jurors to condemn someone to death.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you even quotation, bro?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:
I love the Reddit post titles “I did this and “

No you didn’t, you clickbait piece…
View Quote

Just as bad as the ARFCOM click bait titles where they leave off 2 or 3 words that completely changes it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#15]
They don't want crimes solved.
They want cases resolved. As long as someone pays the price, it doesn't really matter if it's the RIGHT person.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#16]
The juror is just as guilty.
No one but them came up with the verdict.
They should have said, get the fuck out of here with this bullshit evidence.
They sent him to prison.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#17]
the legal system is just as corrupt as the rest of the govt.

MA had a single state crime lab employee  fraudulently produce DNA evidence and gave fraudulent testimony to convict thousands of people over decades until she was caught.

trust the science simply means trust the person doing the science.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#18]
The jury believed the eyewitness, and a woman that heard him confess.  

Johnson's conviction hinged on the shifting testimony of 15-year-old Yolanda Chambers, an alleged eyewitness whom police had repeatedly threatened with imprisonment if she did not cooperate, and alleged "earwitness," Violet Ellison.  
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/jurors-who-voted-to-convict-toforest-johnson-now-support-new-trial

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
This is why my support for the death penalty is wavering. I have 0 trust in any of our government, so it makes no sense to to let them make those sorts of decisions. If I guy kills people on camera and admits it, and there are witnesses to back it up, then I guess I'm ok with it. Other than that, I think I'm out of support for the death penalty
View Quote
In m sort of at this point too. I have always thought there should be a level of certainty above "beyond a reasonable doubt" that is required to apply the death penalty. Call it "absolute certainty." These cases do exist, but this isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Phungus:

Cool Story Bro.................  great piece of fiction.  
You sir...........are a twit.................. what a waste of posting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I just listened to "The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row" by Anthony Ray Hinton.

I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the subject. It's despicable what the state of Alabama did to that man.

That story should make anyone with a brain seriously contemplate how the death penalty is administered.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By L_JE:

Shut up.  OP is a woman, and it's still real to me, damn it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:
Originally Posted By ACDer:
OP is quoting an article, it's not his own story

Shut up.  OP is a woman, and it's still real to me, damn it.

Someone will be a long shortly to by OP a membership.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
DAs have litterally no concern for justice.  The fact that a case that soft was even brought to trial proves that fact.  Throw on a jury of morons who should have never convicted the dude and what do you get.....

The American justice system....yay.

Edit.  I'll add I believe in the death penalty in theory but I have zero trust in the government and even less in a jury.
View Quote

I think they are concerned for justice, they just become convinced of things that aren't so. Once any human becomes emotionally involved in the outcome, they become blind to other possibilities.

I believe in the death sentence, but the conviction should be "without any doubt". School shooters, people caught immediately after the crime with the weapon, blood, DNA, video that all prove their guilt ought to hang.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By black1970:
No murder weapon.
No eye witness.
Only circumstantial evidence.
I will not send a man to prison.
Better a guilty man go free than an innocent man go to prison.
View Quote

I wouldn’t even trust eyewitnesses anymore as easy manipulated people are. I’d have to see it on video at this point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:

Johnson's conviction hinged on the shifting testimony of 15-year-old Yolanda Chambers, an alleged eyewitness whom police had repeatedly threatened with imprisonment if she did not cooperate, and alleged "earwitness," Violet Ellison.  
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/jurors-who-voted-to-convict-toforest-johnson-now-support-new-trial

View Quote

Getting case information and story lines from an anti site is about as reliable as going to Brady for firearms information.

Those articles are tailored towards THEIR agenda. Not a single one has included any witness interviews, suspect interviews, court records, etc. Now ask yourself why these "reputable" organizations would leave this information out?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
I can’t get a DA to prosecute shoplifting with three witnesses, video, a confession and DNA but this dude can get the death penalty with one witness testifying to hearsay? There’s gotta be a middle ground.
View Quote

It’s the same here, shitheads that need to be in jail are out on bond, walking around committing more crimes while people who don’t are being shipped off to Auschwitz’s.

I lose more and more faith and respect for it all each and every day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:
I love the Reddit post titles “I did this and “

No you didn’t, you clickbait piece…
View Quote

There’s a lot of people here who need far too much handholding.

Humanity is truly fucked… we desperately need someone upstairs to hit the ole galactic reset button on this shithole.

Maybe next go around the cockroaches will do it better…
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By phungus:
I voted to send a man to death row. It turns out he is innocent.

By Monique Hicks

This is a guest opinion column

Twenty-five years ago, I sat in the jury box in a courtroom in Birmingham and voted for a man to die. The prosecutor, Jeff Wallace, asked me and my fellow jurors to convict the defendant, Toforest Johnson, of murder. Then he asked us to sentence Mr. Johnson to death. We did both.

After the trial, I went home and returned to my daily life. I did not hear about Toforest Johnson again for more than two decades. But then I started seeing his case on the news. The Republican former Chief Justice and the former state Attorney General are calling for a new trial. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian are calling for a new trial. Even the District Attorney in Birmingham has called for a new trial.

But one name jumped out at me from the chorus of people asking the court to give this case another look: Jeff Wallace. Yes - the very same prosecutor who stood in front of the jury, looked us in the eyes, and told us Toforest Johnson was guilty and deserved to die. He has publicly called for a new trial. He has said that if he had the power to order a new trial, he would do it today.

I have always thought, and still believe, that our justice system is supposed to bring closure, but here it seems as though the tragedy only continues to grow. My heart aches thinking of the things I did not know when I was a juror. There was no physical evidence against Mr. Johnson and no eyewitnesses claimed to see him at the scene of the crime. I joined the other jury members in voting to convict based on the testimony of one witness, a woman who claimed that she overheard him confess to the crime during a three-way-call that she eavesdropped on. Our decision relied so heavily on this witness’s credibility, but now I know something critical was hidden from Mr. Johnson’s legal team for nearly 20 years: this witness was paid $5,000 for her testimony. It turns out that she was the state’s witness in many other cases as well, and we never knew about it.

Damn…

Ok.. for those of you confused, I didn’t write the article.
View Quote

The injustice system in action, and why there should be no death penalty.  How many people have been wrongfully executed?  I heard of such a case where they actually hanged a guy in Britain back in the 1950s or 1960s, only to find out he was innocent later, and I would think that’s one reason why the abolished it there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TGH456E:
Phungus:

Cool Story Bro.................  great piece of fiction.  
You sir...........are a twit.................. what a waste of posting.
View Quote

You’re welcome…
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fssf158:

Require physical evidence and reserve the death penalty for repeat offenders.  Some people really do need killing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fssf158:
Originally Posted By cavedog:
This is why I no longer support the death penalty.  

No because I don't think a murderer should live, but because our system is run by people.  Even honest people are fallible from time to time.  And some people just don't give a damn as long as their numbers look good.

Require physical evidence and reserve the death penalty for repeat offenders.  Some people really do need killing.

This.  If forensic evidence is overwhelming, cool.  If its based on testimony, especially from one witness, no way to the death penalty.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#31]
A better thread title was needed but  .anyway

I guess public pressure to get convictions is pretty strong but that was some weak defense advocacy .no evidence.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Makarov:
That's a Hell of a post and something to live with.

Two observations;

1) This is why Government can never be trusted with a man's life. I believe in an eye for an eye but the "Justice" System simply cannot be trusted to not be corrupt. The kangaroo trial of Trump is proof of that!

2) Toforest Johnson may or may not truly be guilty for the crime he was convicted of BUT I am betting he is no angel and is probably guilty of something he deserves to serve time for. Making bad choices in life has a way of catching up tp you in one way or the other. IDK, maybe I'm wrong

If this is really eating at you, maybe start writing letters to well everyone, explaining how much faith you had placed in this now discredited witness.

View Quote

Maybe we should just flip a coin .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:48:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: XNARC] [#33]
Every witness the state put on, as well as by the defense was cross  examined by attorneys…Cross-examination is the greatest legal engine ever invented for the discovery of truth."

Anyone bitching about  this case,  know how many appeals have been filed thru not only state courts, but scotus as well? And yet this guy is still in jail…wonder why, so as I said before, these project innocent groups pepper these media outlets with their  version of events.

One of the defense claims… the incriminating call from jail, was done by a notorious inmate who would ‘impersonate’ other inmates on telephone calls. Ok, they found that inmate and he denied it. And, the correctional facility was able to show that the call in question was made from a phone only available to inmates housed in the same block as toforest, and not the other inmate.

Also… toforest claimed that  his defense attorneys should have gained his social workers file on him and presented that in court to show how he had a shitty life, was beaten by his father and even shot at  by his father.

He also had two alibi witnesses testify on his behalf… but prosecutors showed inconsistencies in their accounts and the jury didn’t believe their testimony.

Toforest also claimed that his defense attorneys investigator didn’t work hard enough on his case and said he was suicidal homeless alcoholic and a racist!

Every single issue that he, through a team of attorneys brings up is investigated and addressed by varying levels of courts,,yet conviction still upheld. That’s a pretty wide cast of corruption to keep this dude jailed.?

Cool story brah… I was sitting in court awaiting a preliminary and an attorney was pitching his client’s innocence… your honor, my client wasn’t even there that night, doesn’t own a gun, had never even shot a gun in his life, but if the court finds different, than I’m prepared to show that my client shot him in self defense.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#35]
For those like like reading this kind of stuff Google Michael Morton act and why we have it. Will make your head spin.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:56:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#36]
I sat in a jury for armed home invasion/attempted murder

The states expert firearms witness, a LEO and detective, testified the 9mm pistol the defendant had could have been the gun responsible for the 40 cal brass found on scene.  Thats not to mention the case otherwise hinged on the testimony of a hairdresser who heard gossip from a girlfriend.  The public defender let all that slide.

my faith in many wavered profoundly after that experience.

He didn't spend an extra day in jail on account of us.  Thankfully two jurors knew the "expert" was FOS.

I no longer support the death penalty.  I'd say "only when there is indisputable evidence" but I no longer trust the government to even define that line.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:

The states expert firearms witness, a LEO and detective, testified the 9mm pistol the defendant had could have been the gun responsible for the 40 cal brass found on scene.  Thats not to mention the case otherwise hinged on the testimony of a hairdresser who heard gossip from a girlfriend.  The public defender let all that slide.

He didn't spend an extra day in jail on account of us.  Thankfully two jurors knew the "expert" was FOS.

I no longer support the death penalty.  I'd say "only when there is indisputable evidence" but I no longer trust the government to even define that line.
View Quote

Google search…

Can a Glock 19 shoot 40?

Only if you replace the barrel, magazine and ejector ! A glock 19 comes in 9mm from the factory ! The same basic gun in 40 S&W, would be the Glock 23 !Mar 24, 2020
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:14:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#38]
Originally Posted By XNARC:

Google search

Can a Glock 19 shoot 40?

Only if you replace the barrel, magazine and ejector ! A glock 19 comes in 9mm from the factory ! The same basic gun in 40 S&W, would be the Glock 23 !Mar 24, 2020
View All Quotes

Google search

Can a Glock 19 shoot 40?

it wasn't a converted gun

But stretching reason to put a man in prison is a good call
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By justsayin:
I'm unsure how uncorroberated hearsay testimony met the bar for a capital murder case.

Capital punishment should exist, but it needs to be slam dunk.
View Quote

This is what people say 5 or 10 years before realizing the system is incapable of being reformed in that way and changing their stance to being against capital punishment.  

Not trying to be snarky.  It seems to be the path people take tho, including myself.   I was once pro death penalty.   Long observation has shown me that human nature will not allow for a system perfect enough to justify capital punishment.

Some people deserve death.  But unaccountable men cannot be trusted to mete out such punishments precisely because they are unaccountable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
The juror is just as guilty.
No one but them came up with the verdict.
They should have said, get the fuck out of here with this bullshit evidence.
They sent him to prison.
View Quote

You have no idea what was presented to the jury, but the jury is guilty?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Getting case information and story lines from an anti site is about as reliable as going to Brady for firearms information.

Those articles are tailored towards THEIR agenda. Not a single one has included any witness interviews, suspect interviews, court records, etc. Now ask yourself why these "reputable" organizations would leave this information out?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:

There were no witnesses, no physical evidence. There were multiple alibi witnesses. The only thing that got him convicted was the testimony of this teenager who claimed to overhear him confess during a conversation she was not part of. Turns out this was not the first, or last, time she had played that role.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

You actually only need to change the barrel and magazine.

Not that many of those inclined to home invade would think to do that, but that snippet alone really isn't all that far fetched.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:33:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#43]
Originally Posted By Echd:

Not that many of those inclined to home invade would think to do that, but that snippet alone really isn't all that far fetched.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Echd:

I know how guns work.  

It wasn't a converted gun, or a gun that can be converted with off the shelf parts.  This wasn't a Glock 19/23 situation

the defendant had a 9mm pistol (that could be converted to 380 with some effort) loaded with 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Some people deserve death.  But unaccountable men cannot be trusted to mete out such punishments precisely because they are unaccountable.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CMB69:There were no witnesses, no physical evidence. There were multiple alibi witnesses. The only thing that got him convicted was the testimony of this teenager who claimed to overhear him confess during a conversation she was not part of. Turns out this was not the first, or last, time she had played that role.
View Quote
Which should not be enough to convict, much less execute on the basis of.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Google search

Can a Glock 19 shoot 40?

Look, I’m not trying to stretch anything… Do you have the case name, court jurisdiction and date, and maybe I could look up the actual transcript to see what the context was …as in was he asked the question like.., ‘detective, can a Glock 9 mm pistol be converted to fire a .40 caliber round’?

The issue by the op  may very well be true, but the fact that there has been a dozen plus appeals all the way to the  US Supreme Court  and this guy’s conviction stands should be considered and that these project innocent groups are corrupted, and follow the ‘ends justify the means’ mantra.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#47]

Look, I'm not trying to stretch anything  Do you have the case name, court jurisdiction and date, and maybe I could look up the actual transcript to see what the context was  as in was he asked the question like.., 'detective, can a Glock 9 mm pistol be converted to fire a .40 caliber round'?

The issue by the op  may very well be true, but the fact that there has been a dozen plus appeals all the way to the  US Supreme Court  and this guy's conviction stands should be considered and that these project innocent groups are corrupted, and follow the 'ends justify the means' mantra.
View All Quotes

Google search

Can a Glock 19 shoot 40?

Look, I'm not trying to stretch anything  Do you have the case name, court jurisdiction and date, and maybe I could look up the actual transcript to see what the context was  as in was he asked the question like.., 'detective, can a Glock 9 mm pistol be converted to fire a .40 caliber round'?

The issue by the op  may very well be true, but the fact that there has been a dozen plus appeals all the way to the  US Supreme Court  and this guy's conviction stands should be considered and that these project innocent groups are corrupted, and follow the 'ends justify the means' mantra.

holy crap

no

to quote myself

"It wasn't a converted gun, or a gun that can be converted with off the shelf parts. This wasn't a Glock 19/23 situation

the defendant had a 9mm pistol (that could be converted to 380 with some effort) loaded with 9mm."

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Juror admits failing to do due diligence.

Blames someone else.

News at 11.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CMB69:

There were no witnesses, no physical evidence. There were multiple alibi witnesses. The only thing that got him convicted was the testimony of this teenager who claimed to overhear him confess during a conversation she was not part of. Turns out this was not the first, or last, time she had played that role.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity… where did you get that no witness put him at the scene?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I don’t trust prosecutors, but I also don’t trust anti death penalty activists or journalists. Though I agree it’s better to let a guilty man free than to punish an innocent one, there’s a limit to the ratio of free guilty men to unjustly punished innocent ones that we can tolerate and still have some semblance of justice and order and even a very high proportion is going to put lots of innocent people in prison. So I don’t know if this man is innocent and certainly don’t trust activist-seeded stories about a 25 year old case to represent it fairly. Journos can’t even report accurately on current, televised trials.

Mostly I just hope never to get sucked into the legal system.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top