Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I could use some myself, I hate to ask, seeing as how there's people with huge issues.

But man my life is in the crapper! And I'm just tired of feeling like its the universe vs me.

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Freelance_Bum:
I could use some myself, I hate to ask, seeing as how there's people with huge issues.

But man my life is in the crapper! And I'm just tired of feeling like its the universe vs me.

You got it.

Don't hate to ask, that's just what this thread is for. We will pray for issues big and small. "Life in the crapper" can be pretty big when your the one going through it.

May God bless you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 6:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Laughingststock] [#3]

Don't hesitate to ask!  Having those periods of life where it feels like it's the universe vs. you and that everything is in the crapper is a huge issue for you!  Even if you think it's petty (whatever you are facing), it is heavy and burdensome enough to compel you to reach for a life preserver of sorts.  That's what we're here for, big or small we are glad to be here.

You are not alone brother!  I've prayed for you and I will pray some more.  Prayer really does help, not only the one being prayed for, but the one praying for another!  Sometimes for me it is a good exercise in taking the focus off of my own rubbish and headaches and pains in the keister!  

Psalm 18:4-6,16-19  The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.  The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me.  In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help.  From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

The Psalms do a great deal for me.  They are poetic and prophetic and so many things in between.  They can be plugged into almost any situation whether heavy and devastating, or light and celebratory in nature.  The above is one of many, the enemy can be anything or anyone in life that is somehow kicking your butt mentally, physically, or spiritually.  Sometimes at certain turns in life, at crossroads we face, it can seem that we are literally drowning in a sea of bile.  

Sometimes the tough times are a reminder for us that try as we might, we can't carry it all on our own shoulders forever.  You know the "My burden or yoke is light . . . ." scripture.  Well, I'm glad you posted here, we will be in your corner as much as we can through prayer!  - Stock

E.T.A. (spelling)

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got back from work not too long ago so, sorry I'm replying so late.

As for the Psalms, I don't know, they aren't really doing anything for me. I downloaded that E-Sword I saw mentioned here, maybe I'm just looking at the wrong ones, or don't know how to work it...

Anyhow, if there's any kind of changes I'll let you guys know.
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]

I just got back from work not too long ago so, sorry I'm replying so late.

As for the Psalms, I don't know, they aren't really doing anything for me. I downloaded that E-Sword I saw mentioned here, maybe I'm just looking at the wrong ones, or don't know how to work it...

Anyhow, if there's any kind of changes I'll let you guys know.

Well, nothing seems to work 100% of the time with these sorts of situations.  From Miyamoto Musashi's "Book of Five Rings". . . . . .

When fighting with enemies, if you get to feeling snarled up and are making no progress, you toss your mood away and think in your heart that you are starting everything anew.  As you get the rhythm, you discern how to win.  This is "becoming new".

Anytime you feel tension and friction building up between yourself and others, if you change your mind that very moment, you can prevail by the advantage of radical difference.  This is "becoming new".

When you are fighting adversaries and get to feeling snarled up in petty maneuvers, remember this rule of military science: while in the midst of minutiae, suddenly you shift to a large perspective.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Got an email, and I have to give them a call after work.

I *MAY* get an interview for another job. More later.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Good to hear!  Prayers out for you and your job situation.  If this *possible* or 'potential' other job is a better situation for you in all the right ways, then I pray it will be offered to you.  If it's out of the frying pan and into the fire, then I pray that a better job offer comes along for you.  

Psalm 143:7-12

Answer me quickly, O LORD;

my spirit fails.

Do not hide your face from me

or I will be like those who go down to

the pit.

Let the morning bring me a word of your

unfailing love.

for I have put my trust in you.

Show me the way I should go,

for to you I lift up my soul.

Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,

for I hide myself in you.

Teach me to do your will,

for you are my God;

may your good Spirit

lead me on level ground.

For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve

my life;

in your righteousness, bring me out of

trouble.

In your unfailing love, silence my

enemies;

destroy all my foes,

for I am your servant.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Laughingststock:

Good to hear!  Prayers out for you and your job situation.  If this *possible* or 'potential' other job is a better situation for you in all the right ways, then I pray it will be offered to you.  If it's out of the frying pan and into the fire, then I pray that a better job offer comes along for you.  

No go. I didn't get it, they had to know yesterday. And thats when I found out. (This is my own fault for not always listening to voicemail)
I'm sure it would have been better. They're going to see if they can get me one anyways.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Laughingststock:

No go. I didn't get it, they had to know yesterday. And thats when I found out. (This is my own fault for not always listening to voicemail)

I'm sure it would have been better. They're going to see if they can get me one anyways.

Well, then it wasn't meant to be.  Trust me, I've had several similar situations over the years where I virtually willed myself into a job that I thought was going to be a much better situation, and sometimes I prayed for it and had my prayers answered, only to find out that I eventually wished I hadn't.  We never know for sure, and that's why I put my trust in God to lead me, and if something doesn't work out, I figure that He had my back and saved me potential grief.

Something will come along for you, but beware that the greener looking grass on the other side of the fence doesn't always deliver, and it sometimes tastes bitter and leaves you with a sour stomach.  Stay strong and temper yourself with patience, and take comfort knowing that others are keeping you in their prayers.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Been a while.  Hope all are doing well, you're all in my prayers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
So I got an email from some chicky in texas, who's a recruiter. For the same job I didn't get an interview for...

It's this constant dangling hope, then kicking me in the teeth, while yanking it away that really gets me.  

Anyhow, I guess we'll have to see what happens this time.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers needed for myself to find gainful employment and get caughtt up on the things that I have fallen behind on....

Lord, I need your help and stregth right now and forever....Amen

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#13]
You got it brother!

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By exwildlandfire:

Prayers needed for myself to find gainful employment and get caughtt up on the things that I have fallen behind on....

And for my son having tonsil/adenoids removed tomorrow....

Thanks!!!

Link Posted: 7/25/2010 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#15]

And for my son having tonsil/adenoids removed tomorrow....

Thanks!!!

Prayers out.

Link Posted: 7/30/2010 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey everyone, YoungFrank has finally made it to the transplant list!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=1072135

Prayers do get answered!

I could use a few for another one of my Dad's sisters. She fell yesterday while her husband was gone, and laid in the floor with her head
cut up for nearly six hours until he found her. Ambulance took her to the ER, then she was transported to another hospital late last night.
Word for now is that blood is gathering on her brain, and we're waiting for results from another scan to see if it's operable.

All of her vitals are strong, which is amazing considering her age and what happened. I'm pretty sure that she'll make it through, but it
sucks anyway you look at it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#17]
My sister just gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.  She was born with blue spots all over, which is bleeding under her skin, enlarged liver and spleen, and needs a blood transfusion.  She is in critical condition and was life flighted to another hospital an hour away from my sister.  Please pray for my sister and the baby.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]
For peace of mind...

I worry too much rather than praying about things and trusting in God.  Give me faith.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lion:
Been a while.  Hope all are doing well, you're all in my prayers.

Well look what them yellow-bellied dirty ole hienas just drug up!

How are you doing these days brother Lion?

Fine and dandy I hope?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ihatespngbob:
My sister just gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.  She was born with blue spots all over, which is bleeding under her skin, enlarged liver and spleen, and needs a blood transfusion.  She is in critical condition and was life flighted to another hospital an hour away from my sister.  Please pray for my sister and the baby.

We certainly will sister!

What is it that the doctors are saying that is causing this type of condition in your precious niece right now?

Is this condition hereditary or something else?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 2:55:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#21]
Originally Posted By bjwar10:
For peace of mind...

I worry too much rather than praying about things and trusting in God.  Give me faith.

We will do this also bjwar10.

How are the people acting that are around you right now?

In a simular way that you are acting and feeling about some stuff going on in your own life or possibly in some interpersonal relationships that may be affecting you currently maybe not in the best way that they could or in your opinion even should be going on concerning you right now?

Also are you staying spiritually fed on God's word correctly or enough these days in your own opinion?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihatespngbob] [#22]

Originally Posted By SAE:

What is it that the doctors are saying that is causing this type of condition in your precious niece right now?
Thanks,
SAE

It was a virus transmitted from my sister through the placenta to the baby.  It is related to the herpes virus.  They said it was transmitted in the 3rd trimester, as her screenings were negative during the first trimester.  It is transmitted through bodily fluids and does not usually cause harm, but in the rare case it does and the baby is born with problems, there is an extremely high chance of mental retardation, blindness, deafness, and other neurological problems that can start years down the road.
My sister does not believe this to be the case, but her boyfriend had an affair during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy and since it is transmitted through bodily fluids it is quite possible that he gave it to her.  She does not believe that the boyfriend gave it to her even though she knows about the affair.

There were no problems during the pregnancy whatsoever and it was a shock that something was wrong with the baby.  Sister went for emergency C-section when the baby was in distress.

A few Arfcommers donated for me to go down next week and see my sister and the baby.  Any extra money I have left over from the trip will be going to her.  I am going to pinch pennies on expenses.  She will be staying in the Ronald McDonald house and has no money for food or other expenses.

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:18:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#23]
Originally Posted By Kingpin38506:
Hey everyone, YoungFrank has finally made it to the transplant list!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=1072135

Prayers do get answered!

I could use a few for another one of my Dad's sisters. She fell yesterday while her husband was gone, and laid in the floor with her head
cut up for nearly six hours until he found her. Ambulance took her to the ER, then she was transported to another hospital late last night.
Word for now is that blood is gathering on her brain, and we're waiting for results from another scan to see if it's operable.

All of her vitals are strong, which is amazing considering her age and what happened. I'm pretty sure that she'll make it through, but it
sucks anyway you look at it.

This is truly great news about bro. Frank!

Now we can pray for no undo delays and for God to send experts in that field of medicine in order for Frank to get the best possible care and resources for his up-comming surgery and hospital stay!

My God be praised for His miraculous actions as in concerns our brother and his total healing!

In Jesus Name!

Also have already prayed a prayer for your aunt KingPin, that I hope will be acceptable to the Lord so that through His gracious help toward your aunt that she will be up through a miraculous healing that I know even beyond faith that oue Father who art in Heaven is going to do foe your precious aunt and heal her inward soul through her spirit being energized and set aright through God's Master Spirit in order that she will be a real and living testament because of what He did for her, so that she will find a new meaning through Christ Jesus, the way that He truly is and the unspeakable peace and prosperity that always follows after such an encounter like that.

A perfecting process in all of us so that all of us might become more healthy through God's wisdom that He wants to liberally give to all of us all the days of our lives with Him.

And also peace toward you and every member of your family that has been affected by this right now, and may the righteousness of God in His mercy for us come and dwell in yours and all of your families households and lives in order that God will give you and them over to the understanding of how much through that kind of God Love that He has for everyone, and that He cares deeply about the condition of your aunt and your whole family going through this right now.

I will continue to ask Father that you will all be or become eligible to recieve all of these things in order to keep growing in God's faith concerning your aunt's healing and anything else that you or your family may want or need as God desires these things in His timing in order for you and then to recieve all of the good things that God has in store for you all!

And certainly not with your aunt at the end of that line in order to recieve her healing with God's provision and speed concerning her exclusivly right now and without delay!

How is Grampa doing?

Fine I hope?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#24]

Thanks,

SAE

It was a virus transmitted from my sister through the placenta to the baby.  It is related to the herpes virus.  They said it was transmitted in the 3rd trimester, as her screenings were negative during the first trimester.  It is transmitted through bodily fluids and does not usually cause harm, but in the rare case it does and the baby is born with problems, there is an extremely high chance of mental retardation, blindness, deafness, and other neurological problems that can start years down the road.

My sister does not believe this to be the case, but her boyfriend had an affair during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy and since it is transmitted through bodily fluids it is quite possible that he gave it to her.  She does not believe that the boyfriend gave it to her even though she knows about the affair.

There were no problems during the pregnancy whatsoever and it was a shock that something was wrong with the baby.  Sister went for emergency C-section when the baby was in distress.

A few Arfcommers donated for me to go down next week and see my sister and the baby.  Any extra money I have left over from the trip will be going to her.  I am going to pinch pennies on expenses.  She will be staying in the Ronald McDonald house and has no money for food or other expenses.

How is your family doing now after the flu outbreak that they all suffered from last winter?

Are they all fine and fully recovered from this at the present?

If not, we will continue to pray for them also.

I hope that your husband has been able to return to work by now.

I hope everything is going great for him!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks,

SAE

How is your family doing now after the flu outbreak that they all suffered from last winter?

Thanks,

SAE

We are all recovered from the flu thank God!  

Unfortunately, he is still out of work, despite applying everywhere, including outside of his line of work.  Please continue to pray for that.

My health is still poor and I could use prayers for that.  His health is not all that well either and he could use prayer for that also.

Thanks for the prayers!

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:52:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#26]

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks,

SAE

Unfortunately, he is still out of work, despite applying everywhere, including outside of his line of work.  Please continue to pray for that.

My health is still poor and I could use prayers for that.  His health is not all that well either and he could use prayer for that also.

Thanks for the prayers!

Has he or yourself applied for any type of disability benifits or if you do at present and don't quite feel like if you are that you are recieving enough benifite to cover your family right now is there anything going on in that department right now also, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, is he a veteran of the armed forces?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks for the prayers!

Has he or yourself applied for any type of disability benifits or if you do at present don't quite feel like if you are that you are recieving enough benifite to cover your family right now?

Thanks,

SAE

I cannot apply for disability because I cannot afford to not work to apply.  You cannot work and apply for disability at the same time.  I could probably get it if I applied due to several health problems.  He is wanting to get back to work if ever possible.  No he is not retired military.

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks for the prayers!

Has he or yourself applied for any type of disability benifits or if you do at present don't quite feel like if you are that you are recieving enough benifite to cover your family right now?

Thanks,

SAE

I cannot apply for disability because I cannot afford to not work to apply.  You cannot work and apply for disability at the same time.  I could probably get it if I applied due to several health problems.  He is wanting to get back to work if ever possible.  No he is not retired military.

What does he normally do concerning work for himself if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 4:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihatespngbob] [#29]

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks,

SAE

Thanks for the prayers!

Thanks,

SAE

What does he normally do concerning work for himself if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

SAE

Check IM

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#30]
The doctors talked to my sister.  The baby is has some blindness,
deafness, and will more than likely be mentally retarded.  They are
putting a PICC line in and starting an

anti-viral drug to try to save any sight or hearing.  All of her organs
have been effected.  She will be in the ICU for 6+ weeks and then
transferred to another hospital after that.  My sister is crying and
just wants the baby well.  The doctor was crying when he told my sis
what was wrong with the baby and he said the baby is a miracle and
shouldn't be alive right now.  Apparently, the whole development was
with this virus in the womb.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#31]

The doctors talked to my sister.  The baby is has some blindness, deafness, and will more than likely be mentally retarded.  They are putting a PICC line in and starting an

anti-viral drug to try to save any sight or hearing.  All of her organs have been effected.  She will be in the ICU for 6+ weeks and then transferred to another hospital after that.  My sister is crying and just wants the baby well.  The doctor was crying when he told my sis what was wrong with the baby and he said the baby is a miracle and shouldn't be alive right now.  Apparently, the whole development was with this virus in the womb.
I am praying for your niece, your sister, you and all of your family, as well as the medical professionals that their minds and hands will be guided to do that which produces the best results for your niece.  So sorry to hear this.

Jeremiah 1:5  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

before you were born I set you apart;. . . . "

Psalm 22:9-10  Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast.

From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God.

Link Posted: 8/1/2010 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#32]
The doctors talked to my sister.  The baby is has some blindness, deafness, and will more than likely be mentally retarded.  They are putting a PICC line in and starting an
anti-viral drug to try to save any sight or hearing.  All of her organs have been effected.  She will be in the ICU for 6+ weeks and then transferred to another hospital after that.  My sister is crying and just wants the baby well.  The doctor was crying when he told my sis what was wrong with the baby and he said the baby is a miracle and shouldn't be alive right now.  Apparently, the whole development was with this virus in the womb.

Prayers sent for you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 6:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihatespngbob] [#33]

Today she has an IV in her head, a feeding tube down her throat, and oxygen in her nose.    They found out today that she has hepatitis.  She is going on her 4th unit of platelets.  The chemotherapy drug is making her feel bad.

Link Posted: 8/1/2010 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Pray for my friend's family.  He killed himself this weekend.  I think he was a member here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I could use prayer.  God knows what for. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By odontia32m:

Pray for my friend's family.  He killed himself this weekend.  I think he was a member here.
So sorry, what a sad and painful situation!  Prayers out.

Link Posted: 8/2/2010 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By hopball3:

I could use prayer.  God knows what for. Thanks
Yes He does!  I will pray for you hopball3.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd like to pray for Houston Husker's wife and daughter in this sad time of loss and grief.  I have always appreciated his sig line here. . . . . .

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one cometh unto the Father, but by me."

HoustonHusker was a longtime contributor to this site, his humor and kind words were greatly appreciated.  I always had to check in on his threads as they seemed to infuse energy and enthusiasm into the moment.  He will be dearly missed.

I hope that others join me in praying for his loved ones.

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I could use some prayer for a decision I am going to be making.  I am thinking of joining the Marines and sighning up for the DEP.  If I do join the ealiest I would go to boot camp is in May,  I have always felt that God has called me to be in the military but I could use some prayer about this because I am going to be making a decision soon.  This fall I am going to the first year of a 2 year bible school and, if I join, I would be in the Marine reserves the second year and then go into full time active duty after that. Thank you for your prayers past and present.  In the Trinity of God.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Ghilie:

I could use some prayer for a decision I am going to be making.  I am thinking of joining the Marines and sighning up for the DEP.  If I do join the ealiest I would go to boot camp is in May,  I have always felt that God has called me to be in the military but I could use some prayer about this because I am going to be making a decision soon.  This fall I am going to the first year of a 2 year bible school and, if I join, I would be in the Marine reserves the second year and then go into full time active duty after that. Thank you for your prayers past and present.  In the Trinity of God.
I will be praying for you Ghilie regarding your pending and weighty decision.  Keep us posted brother!    

Link Posted: 8/17/2010 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#41]
First time coming for prayer here, 2 things.

First, a couple close friends who are married found out her sister is cheating on her husband. They are giving her until thursday to tell him and then telling him if she doesnt. They are actually up from Texas and she found out on when her sister was drunk and accidentally told her which changed their week home quite a bit. So prayer that they would handle the situation correctly(they have gone to elders at the church they are both members at from college in the past year or 2). Also more importantly that she would realize how far she has fallen and that she needs to come back to Jesus and that he would realize the places he has failed as a husband and needs to step up and be the Christian leader of the relationship.

Second, I am trying to surrender things in my life to God and struggling on some things and not sure what it looks like or how to do it and really need some prayer for it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By hendricks433:

First time coming for prayer here, 2 things.

First, a couple close friends who are married found out her sister is cheating on her husband. They are giving her until thursday to tell him and then telling him if she doesnt. They are actually up from Texas and she found out on when her sister was drunk and accidentally told her which changed their week home quite a bit. So prayer that they would handle the situation correctly(they have gone to elders at the church they are both members at from college in the past year or 2). Also more importantly that she would realize how far she has fallen and that she needs to come back to Jesus and that he would realize the places he has failed as a husband and needs to step up and be the Christian leader of the relationship.

Second, I am trying to surrender things in my life to God and struggling on some things and not sure what it looks like or how to do it and really need some prayer for it.
Welcome hendricks!

Sad about the cheating sister of the close friends, that ought to be a totally uncomfortable visit to be certain!  That mess is between the cheating woman, her husband and God, and your friends are doing the right thing by rebuking the sister and pressuring her to be accountable for her actions.  The rest is up to the husband and the Good Lord.

I understand struggling to surrender things in your life to God, my prayers go out for you to be led by the Spirit, the tough part for us humans is trust.  You need to ask God for guidance and trust that He will provide it, whether it comes through His word, a dream, a 'chance' encounter with someone who has struggled with your same dilemma and triumphed, the right word from an older and wiser person at just the right time, something on the radio, we never know exactly how God will provide, but He is faithful to answer our prayers, we must not brush off the signs He sends us, nor mistake His prodding as mere coincidence.  The Lord do work in mysterious ways, we just have to open our spiritual eyes and ears.  Stay strong hendricks, and turn to the Word, pray and meditate on it.  May God Bless You!   - Stock

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Prayer inbound hendricks433.

Stay strong hendricks, and turn to the Word, pray and meditate on it. May God Bless You!

That is the best information you could get. We could all give our input or ideas, but seek God's ideas instead. Seeing how passionate God is for His glory makes it more apparent how passionate we should be as well, in all aspects of our life.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Guys I feel really dumb posting this, but I really really need some prayer right now.

My fiancee gave me back her engagement ring last night and is so close to completely and totally calling off our entire relationship right now. We are both Christians, and that is an extremely important part of our life, and I love her so much.

It breaks my heart to think about the possibility of losing her. We have come so close, and it is not because she is malicious or anything. She is worried about making a mistake and marrying me for the wrong reasons.

If you are Christian, please pray for me. I could really use it. I am broken right now, and God knows it.

Thanks.
Dan

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Got you brother, maybe she's just getting cold feet. She wouldn't be the first one.
Keep your chin up.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Got you brother, maybe she's just getting cold feet. She wouldn't be the first one.
Keep your chin up.

Thanks man. I really hope so.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Brothers and Sisters,
I am reaching out to you all now for some heavy duty help. I am a born again Christian and my wife of five years has shown little intrest in religion in the past. Over the last 3 monthes, she has become involved in a christian acting cult that is trying to control every aspect of her life. With that in mind satan has attacked me full force, with me finding out that I have testicular cancer, losing my job and our house, and my sister going through a nasty divorce. I am praying for my sister a lot, but also my wife. I really want her to become a true christian, not a cultist. any prayers would help.
In Christ,
Swamprat
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By imdandman:
Guys I feel really dumb posting this, but I really really need some prayer right now.

My fiancee gave me back her engagement ring last night and is so close to completely and totally calling off our entire relationship right now. We are both Christians, and that is an extremely important part of our life, and I love her so much.

It breaks my heart to think about the possibility of losing her. We have come so close, and it is not because she is malicious or anything. She is worried about making a mistake and marrying me for the wrong reasons.

If you are Christian, please pray for me. I could really use it. I am broken right now, and God knows it.

Thanks.
Dan

Guys I am going to talk to her tomorrow. Tomorrow evening will be two days since we last contacted each other - and this is by design. It was just going to give us some time to think. I am going to give her a letter I wrote telling her how much I love her, and how I have been seeking God through this time, and how I believe that God wants us to get married.

Wish me luck - but better yet. Pray for me. I'll post an update tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Thanks.
Dan

Guys I am going to talk to her tomorrow. Tomorrow evening will be two days since we last contacted each other - and this is by design. It was just going to give us some time to think. I am going to give her a letter I wrote telling her how much I love her, and how I have been seeking God through this time, and how I believe that God wants us to get married.

Update!

We are back! God answers prayer! Looks like it was just a case of freakout and cold feet! Thanks for everything.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Thanks.
Dan

Update!

We are back! God answers prayer! Looks like it was just a case of freakout and cold feet! Thanks for everything.

Praise God!
Page / 19
Top Top