BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bloviator:
Can't believe you all are giving the concern troll 9 pages of replies.

This stupid Guardian article got plastered on all the right-leaning sights on the same day.  Notice the article mentions Nixon and Romney but doesn't mention Obama eating a fucking dog.
View Quote

Someone on the left did not like Noem and told their media lackeys to find some dirt no matter how irrelevant. No wonder why the right is losing, a Dem can literally support Hamas and the left will remain silent. The right, however, will gobble up any hit piece thrown by the MSM. Pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:53:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#2]
Originally Posted By hoss622:

Anyone who thinks a 14 month old bird dog should be "judged" as to whether or not it can do a job, doesn't know anything about bird dogs or training them.  It attacked birds, because it's owner didn't control a bird dog in the presence of birds.  Based on everything else she's said, I'm really starting to question her account of it being aggressive towards her too.

I have zero tolerance for aggressiveness towards people, by the way.  But all of this was a situation SHE created through her incompetence and poor decisions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:
I’m not really understanding the anger amongst many of you.  They bred a dog intended to do a job, but it didn’t and couldn’t.  Then it attacked not only humans, but livestock.  It’s never an easy decision to put a working dog down, but sometimes it needs to be done.  And that’s what she did and that is the message she conveyed.

Culling isn’t anything new.  Some of you are far too emotional.

Anyone who thinks a 14 month old bird dog should be "judged" as to whether or not it can do a job, doesn't know anything about bird dogs or training them.  It attacked birds, because it's owner didn't control a bird dog in the presence of birds.  Based on everything else she's said, I'm really starting to question her account of it being aggressive towards her too.

I have zero tolerance for aggressiveness towards people, by the way.  But all of this was a situation SHE created through her incompetence and poor decisions.

You’re so familiar with bird dogs and raising them that you have no clue of how and when culling works?

LOL

I have no doubt you have had a bird dog and it was a success, but you obviously don’t have extensive experience for with multiple working dogs.  What she did is certainly not out of the norm for a good program.  Whether you emotionally agree or not is a different story.  Try to not let emotions run your life.

ETA:  just read another post of yours saying you would never do business with a breeder that utilizes a culling program.  Again, LOL.  Try to calm you emotions, she has obviously learned to tame them, take lessons.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
Originally Posted By XNARC:

I have dogs, but I don’t give them human status…they’re not going to cross any rainbow bridge. Stop wringing hands and clutching pearls over what the left doesn’t like, they’re virtual signaling anyway. They’ll murders baby, because it might interfere with their trip to Cancun. If it wasn’t dog, she’d be attacked for hunting Bambi , and making sausage. As I’ve  said, who gives a shit what these fucktards that have made murdering babies and mutilating  children into a demonic art form, and that’s the perspective  that should be presented. Anyone who gives this so much attention, plays into the lefts ambush tactics, and using your words is retard level stupid.

https://i.imgur.com/VZtnKjc.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/521951/IMG_2709_jpeg-3200372.JPG

Oh I get the point, but amazed that we would clutch pearls over it…when we should give it zero, no less than zero fucks, when we are dealing with the type of people who will murder a baby because the baby interferes with a weekend  excursion to Cabo. Certainly, with the amount of talent available, if such an event was made an  political issue, a retort other than my ‘fuck off and die’ could be crafted for the governor .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#4]

Again, you're comparing the macro programs of many many years of breeding to develop a line of dogs, to something that a single person (who isn't a breeder) did, for reasons that have nothing to do with creating a better breed.  That's what's intellectually dishonest.

Honestly, I wouldn't do business with a breeder that culled in this day and age, unless it had some horrible genetic disorder which wasn't going to allow it to live very long anyway..  Instead of selling the dog, papered, for $2000, you sell it (or give it away) unpapered with an agreement not to breed.  It's how I bought my current dog, since I had no plans to breed her.  The breeder charges extra to get the ball rolling on the AKC paperwork.

Am I a softie about dogs?  Sure.  My last dog I literally pulled out of it's mother and got it to start breathing (because it wasn't) and I was also holding and petting her when the vet pushed the meds to end her pain when she had cancer, 11 years later.  Do I treat my current dog like a baby like my wife does?  No, I don't, but I don't treat her like livestock either, because she isn't.  She's my pet.  I've never been a big fan of people that keep their high end bird dogs in kennels with little human contact, except for when they are working on birds.  I just don't get people that are like that.  Dog's aren't beef steers and they aren't fishing boats.  People that treat them that way don't get my respect.
View Quote

There is zero reasons an individual can’t make decisions about what’s desirable and not desirable and act within established animal husbandry practices.  

You have done business with someone who’s culled if you’ve ever bought a purpose bred dog..it may be a degree or two of separation but make no mistake…you’ve done business with that part of the industry.  You’re no different from the people whining about industrial poultry/beef/pork, all the while stuffing your face with aforementioned products.
I’m not saying this couldn’t have been handled differently or even better but she didn’t do anything outside of established animal husbandry practices.  You for whatever can’t accept that it’s her call to go this route and your and my opinion on how we would have handled it is irrelevant.
I don’t care about your heart warming tales.  I’m not saying that to be mean…it’s just an emotional distraction and in no way relevant outside of confirming your already readily apparent emotional bias.  Why do you think how you treat your animals somehow has any weight on how others should act?  Why do you think who your respect is or is not given to has any weight?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Yet aborting babies is celebrated.
View Quote

That’s the irony right there you can kill 500 k babies or more a year but don’t put down a dog yourself but it’s ok to take it to the vet and pay him to kill it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]

You’re so familiar with bird dogs and raising them that you have no clue of how and when culling works?

LOL

I have no doubt you have had a bird dog and it was a success, but you obviously don’t have extensive experience for with multiple working dogs.  What she did is certainly not out of the norm for a good program.  Whether you emotionally agree or not is a different story.  Try to not let emotions run your life.

ETA:  just read another post of yours saying you would never do business with a breeder that utilizes a culling program.  Again, LOL.  Try to calm you emotions, she has obviously learned to tame them, take lessons.
View Quote

You seem to be the one that has an emotional attachment to defending it.  Killing dogs that aren't perfect is certainly easier than finding homes for them.  I prefer to deal with people who actually like dogs enough to find homes for the less desirable ones, rather than killing them.

Kristi Noem ISN'T A BREEDER, so even comparing her to breeders who cull is irrelevant.  She was a shitty owner of a single dog, which she killed when she failed at HER end of the bargain.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Right or wrong, most folks don't want to know how the sausage is made so to speak.

Saying that she "hated" the dog doesn't really lean into the emotionless detachment usually reserved for livestock either.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By StainlessEagle:

Someone on the left did not like Noem and told their media lackeys to find some dirt no matter how irrelevant. No wonder why the right is losing, a Dem can literally support Hamas and the left will remain silent. The right, however, will gobble up any hit piece thrown by the MSM. Pathetic.
View Quote

Nobody had to dig anything up! SHE wrote about it in her BOOK.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#9]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

Or a pitbull after it attacks a toddler.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

It's a bird dog that attacked birds after it's owner didn't control it in the presence of birds.

That's like shooting a terrier because it killed someone's pet rat, when the owner put it in the presence of said rat.

Or a pitbull after it attacks a toddler.

If she shot a pit bull (or even a bird dog) that bit the face off a toddler, I don’t think anyone would give a shit.

Again she shot her bird dog barely out of puppyhood because it was chasing… Birds.

Then she blabbed about it in a book to make herself look “tough” trying to win over an electorate that by and large loves dogs.

All of it together shows a monumental lack of judgement, responsibility and self control.

Simping over it is even worse.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By beardog30:

There is zero reasons an individual can’t make decisions about what’s desirable and not desirable and act within established animal husbandry practices.  

You have done business with someone who’s culled if you’ve ever bought a purpose bred dog..it may be a degree or two of separation but make no mistake…you’ve done business with that part of the industry.  You’re no different from the people whining about industrial poultry/beef/pork, all the while stuffing your face with aforementioned products.
I’m not saying this couldn’t have been handled differently or even better but she didn’t do anything outside of established animal husbandry practices.  You for whatever can’t accept that it’s her call to go this route and your and my opinion on how we would have handled it is irrelevant.
I don’t care about your heart warming tales.  I’m not saying that to be mean…it’s just an emotional distraction and in no way relevant outside of confirming your already readily apparent emotional bias.  Why do you think how you treat your animals somehow has any weight on how others should act?  Why do you think who your respect is or is not given to has any weight?
View Quote

Right, and everyone living in American today supports slavery, because it was once legal in America.

I completely understand that some people do this and they consider it acceptable.  We differ in opinions on that.  How I personally feel about is relevant because this woman wants people like me to vote for her.  If she was just some random beeotch in South Dakota, it wouldn't matter.  If it was you, for example, it wouldn't matter, because you don't want to be the first or second most powerful person in the world and you're not trying to get me to vote for you.  After this thread ends, I probably won't even remember your screen name.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Advocate?  What’s that have to do with facts.  These clubs probably don’t advocate this practice as it be a PR nightmare.
They might even kick members out as you suggested.  

It doesn’t change the fact that none of those breeds would exist without extensive culling for behavioral attributes.  They can stand on a fictitious moral high ground all they want…they wouldn’t have a club without line breeding.

I don’t think you and most people understand what it takes to breed specific traits and behaviors when you don’t have 100000 years of evolution to cherry pick dogs.  In order to get the breeds we have today, thousands if not millions of dogs were culled to produce desirable traits.

The internet and artificial insemination/accessible sperm banks has made line breeding much more tame.  The fact remains, none of these dogs exist without culling of less than desirable traits, including behavioral traits.  It’s hypocritical to own and use these purpose bred dogs without acknowledging how these dogs came into fruition.  

We can Monday morning quarterback her behavior all day long…rationalize how she could have done things differently due to her socioeconomic status…fact still remains what she did is inline with established breeding practices that brought us these dogs.
View Quote

It's in line with practices that incorporate thorough behavioral assessment as part of the overall evaluation. Did she/they go through that process? She doesn't say. Dogs don't always bite because they're mean tempered. Taking her own statement in the context that she put it in, the conclusion is no. So, at best, I have to call it a poorly processed decision. And a weird/stupid flex.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#12]

You seem to be the one that has an emotional attachment to defending it.  Killing dogs that aren't perfect is certainly easier than finding homes for them.  I prefer to deal with people who actually like dogs enough to find homes for the less desirable ones, rather than killing them.

Kristi Noem ISN'T A BREEDER, so even comparing her to breeders who cull is irrelevant.  She was a shitty owner of a single dog, which she killed when she failed at HER end of the bargain.
View All Quotes

LOL

Take a minute to calm your emotions and look at the whole picture.  You need to emotionally detach yourself from the scenario and whatever has scarred you, and look at it from a reasonable and logical view on culling and eliminating working dogs that just aren’t good dogs.  It happens.  And again, the whole point of her story was that it wasn’t an easy decision to make, but those are the decisions that NEED to be made.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Right, and everyone living in American today supports slavery, because it was once legal in America.

I completely understand that some people do this and they consider it acceptable.  We differ in opinions on that.  How I personally feel about is relevant because this woman wants people like me to vote for her.  If she was just some random beeotch in South Dakota, it wouldn't matter.  If it was you, for example, it wouldn't matter, because you don't want to be the first or second most powerful person in the world and you're not trying to get me to vote for you.  After this thread ends, I probably won't even remember your screen name.
View Quote

I don’t think slavery is comparable to animal husbandry…that’s an interesting logic leap…stupid but interesting.

I’ve made it clear multiple times in this thread…I don’t give a single shit about the political aspect of this.  But from an animal husbandry aspect…she’s done nothing wrong…outside of hurting your delicate feelings.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

It's in line with practices that incorporate thorough behavioral assessment as part of the overall evaluation. Did she/they go through that process? She doesn't say. Dogs don't always bite because they're mean tempered. Taking her own statement in the context that she put it in, the conclusion is no. So, at best, I have to call it a poorly processed decision. And a weird/stupid flex.
View Quote

Sure…I mean we can break apart her reasoning all we want…I’d probably agree with most of what is criticized.  Still is irrelevant.  Fact is, she culled a dog that in her mind exhibited less than desirable traits.  Doesn’t matter if there could have been a better outcome…it’s her call to make and within standard husbandry practices.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]

I don’t think slavery is comparable to animal husbandry…that’s an interesting logic leap…stupid but interesting.

I’ve made it clear multiple times in this thread…I don’t give a single shit about the political aspect of this.  But from an animal husbandry aspect…she’s done nothing wrong…outside of hurting your delicate feelings.
View All Quotes

It’s not interesting at all.  It is just stupid.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: b_saan] [#16]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

That is why this has become a story. It is going to scare away the suburban soccer Karens, who up until now, saw Noem as a non threatening farm girl.
View Quote

The same suburban soccer Karens who are demanding abortions on demand to kill babies who may be a slight inconvenience to their lifestyle are now horrified over a dog being put down.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#17]
I’m wondering how many people simping for Noem and shrugging off killing her bird dog for chasing birds as “farm life” would be outraged if a Democratic politician admitted to killing their 14 mo old golden retriever because it stole food from the counter or pooped in the house.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess most.

Not to mention there is a striking similarity in mindset between the “you ain’t real country” folks and the “you ain’t really black” folks. It’s almost like it’s the flip side of the same coin.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Take a minute to calm your emotions and look at the whole picture.  You need to emotionally detach yourself from the scenario and whatever has scarred you, and look at it from a reasonable and logical view on culling and eliminating working dogs that just aren’t good dogs.  It happens.  And again, the whole point of her story was that it wasn’t an easy decision to make, but those are the decisions that NEED to be made.
View Quote

I’m very calm.  Perhaps you’re projecting, and being defensive?  Do you know who wasn’t calm or emotionally detached?   Kristi Noem.  As she stated in her book, she “hated” the dog.  Killing it wasn’t a need, it was a desire fueled by her emotion (hate).  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

For people who are too stupid to understand the logic…many people in 2024 benefit from activities that are considered shitty by 2024 standards, but happened generations ago.  So yes, the dog I have today may have genetically benefitted from culling done by other people, long ago, but the breeder I bought my dog from keeps all of his dogs in his house, and they are family pets.  So he and I benefited from these practices that we’d never do today.  Similarly, the White House was built with slave labor.  Does that mean that Abraham Lincoln was a hypocrite for living there, while fighting a war which was largely over slavery?  Of course not.  

There are ways to breed dogs that don’t include culling.  I get it that some people don’t want to put forth the time and effort to avoid culling.  Similarly, the Amish in Ohio have puppy mills that are horrible places, where I’m certain culling goes on too, but it’s perfectly acceptable to them.  Do you think Amish puppy mills are perfectly acceptable?

Calling shooting a young dog because of failed training, failure to control a dog and admitted “hate” isn’t animal husbandry.   Why you keep insisting it is, is odd.  Perhaps you are the one whose delicate feelings are being hurt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Haha picture of “tree hugging hippy” who lives in fantasy land. Sure buddy, just keep telling yourself that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/38079392-C2FE-4E23-9645-4BFD0A84C027_jpe-3200182.JPG

Maybe just not a complete psychopath who is a realist with regards to the American electorate.

View Quote

Toad!

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#21]

For people who are too stupid to understand the logic…many people in 2024 benefit from activities that are considered shitty by 2024 standards, but happened generations ago.  So yes, the dog I have today may have genetically benefitted from culling done by other people, long ago, but the breeder I bought my dog from keeps all of his dogs in his house, and they are family pets.  So he and I benefited from these practices that we’d never do today.  Similarly, the White House was built with slave labor.  Does that mean that Abraham Lincoln was a hypocrite for living there, while fighting a war which was largely over slavery?  Of course not.  

There are ways to breed dogs that don’t include culling.  I get it that some people don’t want to put forth the time and effort to avoid culling.  Similarly, the Amish in Ohio have puppy mills that are horrible places, where I’m certain culling goes on too, but it’s perfectly acceptable to them.  Do you think Amish puppy mills are perfectly acceptable?

Calling shooting a young dog because of failed training, failure to control a dog and admitted “hate” isn’t animal husbandry.   Why you keep insisting it is, is odd.  Perhaps you are the one whose delicate feelings are being hurt?
View Quote

Lol the hyperbole of your mental gymnastics is amusing.

So I hate to break up your party with more facts…I know those are a new concept for you in the critical thinking department.  I’m not going to address the multitude of differences between the two subjects, but will gladly point out categorically incorrect statements regarding line breeding and the dog market.

You wouldn’t have the dog you have without the practice of culling…not 200 years ago…we’re talking less than 30 years ago this was pretty standard.  The only thing to stop the process industry wide was someone figured out they could sell you their sub-par or non target dogs, you’d still pay full price, they didn’t have to cull dogs, and you facilitated their breeding program.  This wasn’t some sort of societal awakening on how we treated dogs…this was someone figuring out how maximize profit.
“There are ways to breed dogs that don’t include culling.”  
So? There’s many different operations out there…doesn’t detract from the fact that culling is still a line breeding tool.  You don’t have to like but it is a tool that is used and will continue to be used until such time genetics can be manipulated in a lab for a cheaper price.  I am curious…you’ve shown you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to animal husbandry.  Outline a breeding program that involves modifying a behavior by a standard deviation or more without culling in less than three years.  I’ll even wait why you flounder around researching things you have no clue about and gladly pick it apart.

Depends on the mill.  Would I facilitate a breeding program like that…no.  But I wouldn’t have the dogs I have today without sketchy breeding program’s keeping the breed alive in the not too distant past.  I also eat meat from industrial agriculture sources…so while it may be something I don’t like to think about…industrial animal husbandry is certainly something I participate in day to day.

I’m sure there was an emotional response…doesn’t detract from the owner identifying an undesirable behavior and acting within the confines of standard animal husbandry practices.  Why do you think these have to be mutually exclusive events?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]

There are ways to train away a "hard mouth."  I know this, because I had to do it.  A trainer that would kill a dog for that is lazy.

Training an upland bird dog is a huge time commitment.  Ideally, you're working with it at least every other day for a half hour minimum, with live birds, and even more on weekends.  The absolute minimum is every day without birds (doing things you can do without birds) and on the weekends with birds.  When I had a year old dog and work wasn't allowing me to do this for a couple of months, I paid a trainer to take him for those two months so that he'd get the training he needed every single day.  It was expensive.  It isn't a "hobby" that you can choose to indulge when you feel like, or when you have time.  If you're not putting in the time and effort very consistently, the best breeding in the world won't make a difference.

I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.  When I was really into this, ten acres of my property was a permitted "dog training ground" by the state of Ohio.  My "bird bill" was staggering.  I tried using return pens for quail and pigeons, but the coyotes and foxes made that impossible.  If you want a cheap hobby that doesn't require a lot of (and very consistent) time, don't get into bird dogs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Wow that's pretty misogynistic of you to say she's too busy being a girl boss.  Wasn't she governor of South Dakota?  Does being governor mean she isn't allowed hobbies?  Maybe there's more to the story than she stated or maybe it's just an animal to her and she isn't overly sensitive to animals.  Most people have no clue of what it's like growing up bottle feeding calves that you will slaughter in the fall.  It gives you a different perspective about animals.  I have seen professional dog handlers cull dogs who were tough mouthed during the retrieve.  It is a different mindset than what we have for our pets.  

There are ways to train away a "hard mouth."  I know this, because I had to do it.  A trainer that would kill a dog for that is lazy.

Training an upland bird dog is a huge time commitment.  Ideally, you're working with it at least every other day for a half hour minimum, with live birds, and even more on weekends.  The absolute minimum is every day without birds (doing things you can do without birds) and on the weekends with birds.  When I had a year old dog and work wasn't allowing me to do this for a couple of months, I paid a trainer to take him for those two months so that he'd get the training he needed every single day.  It was expensive.  It isn't a "hobby" that you can choose to indulge when you feel like, or when you have time.  If you're not putting in the time and effort very consistently, the best breeding in the world won't make a difference.

I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.  When I was really into this, ten acres of my property was a permitted "dog training ground" by the state of Ohio.  My "bird bill" was staggering.  I tried using return pens for quail and pigeons, but the coyotes and foxes made that impossible.  If you want a cheap hobby that doesn't require a lot of (and very consistent) time, don't get into bird dogs.
@hoss622 I was a hunting guide and professionally trained hunting dogs for 10 years. I agree that it is a waste to kill a dog for something that trivial but there's a lot worse things going on in the dog world. Dog people (field trialers and dog showers are nuts. I wouldn't trust my neighbors cat with most of them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SavedByTheBlood] [#24]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

Someone that doesn’t bend at the knee and tells it like it really is.

The kind of person that we need in office.

I respect the fuck out of her for telling the story. Now I am watching “conservatives” turn their back on her because she shot her dog.

View Quote

Lmao. This is the problem with republicans. They respect the fuck out total idiots. Her story contradicts itself.

Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.

“I hated that dog,”

Who hates a dog that’s the picture of pure joy?

“dangerous to anyone she came in contact with”

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?”

The girl wouldn’t have asked that if she wasn’t used to Cricket greeting her when she got off the bus. If Crickst was that aggressive she wouldn’t have been around the kids.

She was pissed off at how the hunt went because she failed to properly train the dog and expected a dog barely out of the puppy stage to act like old bird dogs.

She was pissed because she failed to properly secure the  dog when she took it to a place that had chickens roaming around and the bird dog went after birds.

She was pissed that her failure to secure the dog cost her money and she had to comp the chicken owner.

She already hated the dog by her own admission.

So she got all emotional and did the stereotypical woman thing to do which was take zero responsibility for her failures and actions, put the blame on the dog then kill it.

The whole killing the goat I don’t like while I’m taking out the trash logic is just [img]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img

But go ahead and keep humping her leg.

When democrats screw up the party leadership punishes them. Look at Cuomo and the gay crack that lost to DeSantis. After losing and his dead hooker hotel incident the Biden DOJ went hard on criminally investigating him for things while he was mayor.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By b_saan:

The same suburban soccer Karens who are demanding abortions on demand to kill babies who may be a slight inconvenience to their lifestyle are now horrified over a dog being put down.
View Quote

You aren't wrong and neither am I.

The Timcast IRL folks joke about how city people think food comes from the grocery store, and not from farms.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#27]

I’m very calm.  Perhaps you’re projecting, and being defensive?  Do you know who wasn’t calm or emotionally detached?   Kristi Noem.  As she stated in her book, she “hated” the dog.  Killing it wasn’t a need, it was a desire fueled by her emotion (hate).  
View All Quotes

I don’t know if you’re being god powered right now or not, but we are probably mostly on the same side.  I’m telling you straight up that what she did was not out of the norm.  I’d like to think deep down, you agree.  Give it a thought.  I don’t even fully trust her, but the attacks for this are ridiculous.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#28]

View All Quotes

LOL

Take a step back for a minute and consider this fact:  It doesn’t matter how many animals she killed.  That’s not even the point.  

If she’s stupid enough to brag about it in a book, she shouldn’t be representing Us.  

It’s the stupidity.  Not the killing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SavedByTheBlood] [#29]

You sound emotional and are so heavily invested in this non event that you actually typed out a book.

Says a lot about you.
View Quote

Lol

It’s not a non event if Trump picks her she drives away the fence sitting voters either party needs. Left has been pushing them to the right by being the groomer party now republicans are trying to push them back left by being the puppy killer party.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Lmao. This is the problem with republicans. They respect the fuck out total idiots. Her story contradicts itself.

“I hated that dog,”

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?”

The girl wouldn’t have asked that if she wasn’t used to Cricket greeting her when she got off the bus. If Crickst was that aggressive she wouldn’t have been around the kids.

She was pissed off at how the hunt went because she failed to properly train the dog and expected a dog barely out of the puppy stage to act like old bird dogs.

She was pissed because she failed to properly secure the  dog when she took it to a place that had chickens roaming around and the bird dog went after birds.

She was pissed that her failure to secure the dog cost her money and she had to comp the chicken owner.

So she got all emotional and did the stereotypical woman thing to do which was take zero responsibility for her failures and actions, put the blame on the dog then kill it.

The whole killing the goat I don’t like while I’m taking out the trash logic is just [url]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img

View All Quotes

Someone that doesn’t bend at the knee and tells it like it really is.

The kind of person that we need in office.

I respect the fuck out of her for telling the story. Now I am watching “conservatives” turn their back on her because she shot her dog.

“I hated that dog,”

The whole killing the goat I don’t like while I’m taking out the trash logic is just [url]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img

This.  Simps will be the death of us.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

I don't expect the media to tell the full story.

Oh heres some op left out of his quotes.

Then, on the way home after the hunt, as Noem stopped to talk to a local family, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and attacked the family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another”.

Cricket the untrainable dog, Noem writes, behaved like “a trained assassin”.

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”.
View Quote

Cricket 100% needed to be put down once that threshold was crossed. No question.  However Noem failed Cricket miserably. All of that carnage could have been avoided had Cricket received the right training.

That being said, why the fuck would she write about that?! She should have kept that to herself.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#32]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Take a step back for a minute and consider this fact:  It doesn’t matter how many animals she killed.  That’s not even the point.  

If she’s stupid enough to brag about it in a book, she shouldn’t be representing Us.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

LOL

It’s not bragging.  It’s her telling that it was a hard yet correct decision.  If you’re an overly emotional menopausal man, maybe you’re part of the problem.  As. I don’t mean you, I think that’s what she’s pointing out.  And I agree, especially based on all the Ukraine men residing in the US that are slaves to their wives. Fucking embarrassing.  Again, not pointed at you, just what her general observation probably is with all these so call men.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By b_saan:

View Quote

And this place is full of said Karens.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Stoner_63:

Cricket 100% needed to be put down once that threshold was crossed. No question.  However Noem failed Cricket miserably. All of that carnage could have been avoided had Cricket received the right training.

That being said, why the fuck would she write about that?! She should have kept that to herself.
View Quote

Your out of your mind ,dog should have been given to a loving family and neutered it wasn't hard .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By G3k:

Farm kids are weird. Not every single one, but too many.
View Quote

Could be they're just more practical.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By midcap:

Dozen of farmer dudes are retarded then. Give the dog away...I grew up with cattle....just rehome the dog.

Also fuck that goat.
View Quote

You're just pissed that Kristi Noem isn't "thick"
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I have not read the whole thread but this shit is worse than harambe.

Might have to start calling her Lon Harambe-uci
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Misogyny is an ugly thing
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#39]

When democrats screw up the party leadership punishes them. Look at Cuomo and the gay crack that lost to DeSantis. After losing and his dead hooker hotel incident the Biden DOJ went hard on criminally investigating him for things while he was mayor.
View Quote

Like Goldbar Menendez ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Idiot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

You're so familiar with bird dogs and raising them that you have no clue of how and when culling works?

LOL

I have no doubt you have had a bird dog and it was a success, but you obviously don't have extensive experience for with multiple working dogs.  What she did is certainly not out of the norm for a good program.  Whether you emotionally agree or not is a different story.  Try to not let emotions run your life.

I don't really know the details about the decision but people every day make the decision to put down aggressive dogs. Depending on the type of aggression they can be a liability. If you rehome an aggressive dog you can still be held liable without an attorney involved in the release of liability. It doesn't matter if you are the breeder or not. Deep pockets assume greater risk. There is also a lot of people who have been raised that if a dog is aggressive they are to be put down. In most cases it is the simplest solution. While it was wreckless for her to write about it so insensitively-it shouldn't be a judgement on her character. It is more of a cultural difference than anything else.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm just here for the memes.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Holy shit, maybe this is the event that teaches the left how to meme?  

Nevermind, it’s just republicans making fun of the stupid lady from one of the dakotas.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Definitely reads that way to me...
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top