Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
Even if the story makes perfect sense to the dozens of farmer dudes who read it, it’s going to horrify the millions of suburban women who now aren’t going to vote for her. This is one where she should have practiced the 3 S’s

Shovel
Shoot
Shut the fuck up about it
View Quote

Exactly. She was trying to portray how “tough” she is, but she forgot she’s not campaigning in rural SD anymore.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:59:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#3]
Lol, GD never fails to expose itself.
"Now that I know more about the situation, Imma just not gonna believe it.  Naw naw naw. I cant hear you.... I know you are, but what am I. "

Everything I know about leftism, I learned in kindergarten.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Agree 100%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Even if the story makes perfect sense to the dozens of farmer dudes who read it, it’s going to horrify the millions of suburban women who now aren’t going to vote for her. This is one where she should have practiced the 3 S’s

Shovel
Shoot

Agree 100%.

Yes.  Even though I have no issue with what she did this was not a good political move
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
That's not something I would bring up.  There's no good that can come from it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
But they could have put the dog up for adoption... Not all life is precious to Republicans.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a reason that very evil villians in movies kill dogs. It's real bad to be a dog killer when it isn't like putting a dieing dog out of its misery.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:07:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: callgood] [#8]
maybe it wasn't the dog, but the "trainer".

goat that was “nasty and mean”, loved to chase” Noem’s children, knocking them down
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Kids can be whiners.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
RIP Ralphie
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Shovel
Shoot
View Quote

It's usually better if you shoot first . . . then shovel
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Carpe_Carp:

It's usually better if you shoot first . . . then shovel
View Quote

You like digging holes next to dead bodies waiting for somebody to come around asking questions? You dig the hole first so you just have to shoot then fill the hole
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]
The memes have begun.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By WalleyeHooker:

Yep! I’ve seen it also. Most untrained hunting dogs will have a shock collar on and would have been electrocuted before it got to landowners chickens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WalleyeHooker:
Originally Posted By L_JE:
I have my doubts about how that went down.

It's right there.  This wasn't some beloved dog.  She hated this dog.  Already hated this dog before that day.  Untrainable.  And all this went down right after the dog fucked up her hunt.  

I have seen this before.  I will see this again.

Yep! I’ve seen it also. Most untrained hunting dogs will have a shock collar on and would have been electrocuted before it got to landowners chickens.

There are so many details that are left out and allow for this kind of arm chair quarterback assessment.   When the dogs are done in the field we take their shock collars off and they go in their crates in the back of the truck/suv.  I could just as easily assume based on other posters, that this dog got out somehow (previous posters dog gift that was great except it was always looking for a chance to bolt) and made a beeline for the chickens.  Maybe someone left the tailgate open and the dog got out.  If the dog was as uncontrollable as we are led to believe,  then my "assumption" is that she wasn't just letting it out to roam around these people's property.

But hey your guess is as good as anyones
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MaddMan:
The dog should have been put down and doing it the way she did was fine. She should have known better than to have put it in a book. We have too many who saved who types.
View Quote

Agreed. Good shoot on both counts. Probably should have save that particular anecdote for the grandkids.

I do wonder how many failed working and hunting dogs wind up as rescues and bite people. I’m sure it’s more common than you hear about.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Josh:

I'm guessing to some of y'all "grew up on a farm" means something very different than the rest of us.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGE:
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
Originally Posted By JKH62:
You can tell the people that spent zero time on a farm.

A bird dog is part of a hobby though. Its death isn't a planned part of the businesses operation.

A decent person would take a dog that doesn't hunt to a shelter and let the shelter people know it's a pet-only situation.

This wasn't a "had to do it" thing, it was "don't want to deal with this anymore".

Some of you all have no fucking clue what world farmers live in.

Dog bites human, dog dies. That's it.  Done. There is no "shelter".
Grew up on farm. Never shot a young dog that I'd failed to train properly, became a politician, then
wrote a story about dog-killing as if the tale made me look farm stronk.

It's astonishing how brainless she is.

I'm guessing to some of y'all "grew up on a farm" means something very different than the rest of us.

I raised, killed and butchered animals myself. And deer too. Starting age 9-10ish on game and a couple years later on domesticated. Bonafides established? Lol

Kill a dog if you need to, idgaf. My issue is her seemingly deliberate stupidity in writing out a story about wasting her young hunting dog. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows how that's going to play out, right or wrong, so it seems like intentional self-sabotage to me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If your dog snaps at you, you can smack it hard and make it understand that you're its Alpha so it won't come at you again, but it will still be a vicious dog and chances are that it will eventually attack some unsuspecting person.  I think it would be irresponsible to rehome a dog like that.                                                                              Goats are just livestock.
I think Kristi shot herself in the foot with that book.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:
Boy, there's a lot of arf "men" crying over their avocado toast this morning.
View Quote
Username does not check out
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

The memes have begun.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMLqmo_W0AA99w2?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”
Noem, who also represented her state in Congress for eight years, got her gun, then led Cricket to a gravel pit
View Quote

Damn. LOL
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Noem decided to kill the unnamed goat the same way she had just killed Cricket the dog. But though she “dragged him to a gravel pit”, the goat jumped as she shot and therefore survived the wound. Noem says she went back to her truck, retrieved another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down”.

At that point, Noem writes, she realised a construction crew had watched her kill both animals. The startled workers swiftly got back to work, she writes, only for a school bus to arrive and drop off Noem’s children.

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?”
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ranging-by-zipcode] [#22]
Originally Posted By Boingo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boingo:
Noem decided to kill the unnamed goat the same way she had just killed Cricket the dog. But though she “dragged him to a gravel pit”, the goat jumped as she shot and therefore survived the wound. Noem says she went back to her truck, retrieved another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down”.

At that point, Noem writes, she realised a construction crew had watched her kill both animals. The startled workers swiftly got back to work, she writes, only for a school bus to arrive and drop off Noem’s children.

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with her . In what world is this a good idea to include that in your book when hoping to be a VP pick

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?”

This is part of her book ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok.  I’m not a huge KN fan anyway.  

#1 She should know better that to talk or write about it, but that’s her only crime.

#2 Most people don’t/won’t understand living off the land means you got to take care of unpleasant shit yourself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#24]

I grew up on a farm and never heard of the concept of taking an animal to a vet to be “put down” until I was in my thirties and hanging out with city folk.
View Quote

Guess we grew up on different farms, shipmate. We valued our farm dogs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FG24U:
In before the simps.
View Quote

I don't care about how people dispose of their property.

I'd wear her ass as a hat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#26]
From February

"In a Fox News town hall on Tuesday night, Trump said his list includes Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida Rep. Byron Donalds, former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott"

Are we down to 3 now?  Less?

cant be DeSantis or Donalds.  Shouldn't be Noem.

Not sure how legit-
Ny1 cite

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rlex:

Guess we grew up on different farms, shipmate. We valued our farm dogs.
View Quote

Did you live 40 miles from your vet?  Were you dirt poor?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Can’t wait for the next “what round for fluffy” thread now
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
That’s farm life.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Stupid. She should have known better than putting that in print
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Over the course of human history, many political careers have ended in a pit at the wrong end of a gun.

But I bet this is the only time the story involved a billygoat, a dog named Cricket, and a school bus.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Jesus Christ you people are dumb.

A dog that destroys your livestock and bites people gets put down.

STOP THE MOTHER FUCKING PRESSES.  LETS ALL WEEP THROUGH OUR MANGINAS ABOUT IT.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Grunteled:

View Quote

Amen. My only question is why did she do it? IMO that is man of the house work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
Can’t wait for the next “what round for fluffy” thread now
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Grunteled:

View Quote

ARFCOM and their dogs….
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#36]
and u fell for the retarded libshit astro turf....

can u not read context?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#37]
There are better things to talk about. Like giving away the dog to a nice home

Kill the dog
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:

Why did you leave this part out?

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”. Then, as the chickens’ owner wept, Noem repeatedly apologised, wrote the shocked family a check “for the price they asked, and helped them dispose of the carcasses littering the scene of the crime”.
View Quote

I suppose I should have included it as It highlights her failure to properly train the dog and her poor judgement and lack of critical thinking she displayed by taking an unpredictable and poorly trained dog into a situation where chickens were roaming freely. Shocker shocker a bird dogs will go after birds.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#39]

The dog killed chickens and tried to bite her when she attempted to control it.
View Quote

Yeah it’s less about her shooting the dog than it is her stupidity to talk about it. Out here in Suzie soccer mom suburbia, people have their dogs trained to the point that they can be walked off a leash without leaving their owner’s side.

The story just reads as, I couldn’t and failed to train my dog so I got mad and shot it and while I was at it I took out that old goat that always annoyed me too.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Old school would have been to tie a dead chicken around the dogs neck and leave it there until it rots off.

She's as emotionally hard as any man...any asshole man that is...

Too bad though if her judgement in such mundane matters is typical of this kind of action...

Ahhh what the heck doesn't matter anyway she's toast after the media runs with this...because she's conservative
it will be well blasted and she'll be judged by this and only this...

While the really dangerous, diabolical, despicable  SOBs skate...
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:

I suppose I should have included it as It highlights her failure to properly train the dog and her poor judgement and lack of critical thinking she displayed by taking an unpredictable and poorly trained dog into a situation where chickens were roaming freely. Shocker shocker a bird dogs will go after birds.
View Quote

I find it interesting that ARF thinks it can control the WILL of an ANIMAL even with or without training.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#42]
As a dog lover, I still have to say,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh, it's election season again and time for liberals to pretend that they really care about dogs?

lol

Remember when they tried to demonize Romney for letting his dog ride in a carrier on the roof of his car?

View Quote

Exactly

On average, 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized every year in the United States. Shelters around the country euthanize an estimated 670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats each year. 45% of all cats who enter shelters are eventually euthanized.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
There are better things to talk about. Like giving away the dog to a nice home

Kill the dog
View Quote

Or just don't say anything

What happens on the ranch stays on the ranch

Not a hard concept and then to write my daughter got off the school bus and asked where's " cricket "

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:07:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#45]
Rantingly Headline

Gov. Kristin Noem Says She Shot Dead A ‘Less Than Worthless’ Dog, ‘Disgusting’ Goat

"She loves ranching but God called her to the national stage"....

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Old school would have been to tie a dead chicken around the dogs neck and leave it there until it rots off.

She's as emotionally hard as any man...any asshole man that is...

Too bad though if her judgement in such mundane matters is typical of this kind of action...

Ahhh what the heck doesn't matter anyway she's toast after the media runs with this...because she's conservative
it will be well blasted and she'll be judged by this and only this...

While the really dangerous, diabolical, despicable  SOBs skate...
View Quote

She's not toast as a governor and I wish she was my governor  but as a VP pick

There's just some things you decide to leave out of print when writing your story

this would be one of them ....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#47]
She is an ID10T. FDJT has a bad habit of surrounding himself with them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

She's not toast as a governor and I wish she was my governor  but as a VP pick

There's just some things you decide to leave out of print when writing your story

this would be one of them ....
View Quote

Yes it was unsmart probably good she won't run as vp. Severe lack of judgment.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Regarding the dog, I’m still not sure how failing to properly train your dog and then shooting it should be seen as a virtue. Sure, kill the dog but you still fucked up in the training part.

Regarding the decision to then kill the goat, that’s just fucking weird and shows some judgement lapses.

Regarding failing to kill the goat the first time kinda reinforces the apparent lack of competence indicated by the failure to train the dog in the first place.

And then the biggest red flag… writing about it and thinking this will make her appear tough.

I’m sure it could all be misconstrued, but seriously, if you’re going to make the general point about growing up on a farm maybe just talk about how you had to put down dogs that got too old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:

“It was not a pleasant job,” she writes, “but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realised another unpleasant job needed to be done.”
Incredibly, Noem’s tale of slaughter is not finished.
Her family, she writes, also owned a male goat that was “nasty and mean”, because it had not been castrated. Furthermore, the goat smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid” and “loved to chase” Noem’s children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes.
View Quote

View Quote

So, she killed the Brownells meme goat?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top