Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
First couple shots put the guy down... dumping the rest of the mag was no doubt excessive when the officers orders were to get on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

Only for civilians tho.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:
Originally Posted By Ledfingers:
The answer is to ban weapon lights.

Only for civilians tho.

So sworn and non-sworn civilians can't have them but soldiers can.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
so shining a flashlight at someone is now a death sentence? I go outside with a flashlight but without a gun all the time.
View Quote

Pointing a weapon at a person is assault with a deadly weapon, and any reasonable person can assume that after the gun is pointed, the trigger will be pulled.  Hence the ossifers actions.  A weapons mounted light means you are pointing a gun at someone to see them.  How can you not understand that?  It's not a death sentence per se, but it makes one shootable.

Point a flashlight, you're good.  Point a gun with a light, you are shootable.  This is the very point some were making about weapons mounted lights.  You have to point the gun, to use the light.

If the dead perp didn't know who was out there, and used the weapons mounted light to identify the cops, he'd be just as dead.

But hey, the gene pool just got a little cleaner.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MaximusEmanatus:

Pointing a weapon at a person is assault with a deadly weapon, and any reasonable person can assume that after the gun is pointed, the trigger will be pulled.  Hence the ossifers actions.  A weapons mounted light means you are pointing a gun at someone to see them.  How can you not understand that?  It's not a death sentence per se, but it makes one shootable.

Point a flashlight, you're good.  Point a gun with a light, you are shootable.  This is the very point some were making about weapons mounted lights.  You have to point the gun, to use the light.

If the dead perp didn't know who was out there, and used the weapons mounted light to identify the cops, he'd be just as dead.

But hey, the gene pool just got a little cleaner.
View Quote

Sure, in a normal situation.  Coming to a person's house, at night, without announcing yourself, hiding behind a corner while someone else takes their truck isn't really a normal situation.   What is a normal reaction when a person looks out their window and sees someone taking their truck?   What is a normal reaction when you're running towards that truck and someone jumps out from behind your garage and yells at you?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The first few shots look reasonable and justified. The mag dump into the guy on the ground is hard to defend.

Since they had a report that Perkins had threatened someone with a gun already, shouldn’t they have been trying to arrest him rather than facilitating repossession?  

The police look rather stupid, but Perkins isn’t legally entitled to run out of his house and shoot someone for stealing his truck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
That was an ambush and mag dumping the guy after he was down is really bad. Bad shoot
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

Sure, in a normal situation.  Coming to a person's house, at night, without announcing yourself, hiding behind a corner while someone else takes their truck isn't really a normal situation.   What is a normal reaction when a person looks out their window and sees someone taking their truck?   What is a normal reaction when you're running towards that truck and someone jumps out from behind your garage and yells at you?
View Quote

Considering the fact that in my state, you cannot kill to defend property, (not that I like it) if I see someone stealing my truck, I call 911.  

I've had a lot of training with a lot of well known instructors.  I don't go running outside pointing my gun at anything or anybody.   I will have it in a pocket or holster, but I won't have it in my hand like that.  That was just stupid.  And there have been times when I had to go outside armed.

IMO, that's a problem with the black community as a whole.  They think they can argue their case on the side of the road, in a dark alley, or in their front yard.  It doesn't often work like that.  It has to be done within the system.  

The other guy asks why the police didn't make their presence known to de-escalate the situation, when police presence rarely de-escalates any situation in the black community.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

and this is why I continue to ask if the repo order was valid.  The family saying it was paid doesnt mean anything.
View Quote

Wait til folks learn about levy stuff.  Court orders to take shit to satisfy a debt folks didn't pay.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

So sworn and non-sworn civilians can't have them but soldiers can.

View Quote

IMO, weapon mounted lights have their place and are a good tool to have.  The point I tried to make on the other thread was, outside in the dark at night, surrounded by cops, is NOT their place.  

Look at it from the tinker train perspective.  Gear whore buys the brightest light on the market, that is the preferred model used by the Navy SEALs and most special forces operators around the world.  It's the model Robert O'Neill used to light up Osama bin Laden the night they kilt him.  In fact, it is endorsed by an ex Navy SEAL, a true, quiet professional.  Mr gear whore can't wait to use his ex Navy SEAL endorsed weapons mounted light, the brightest on the market, made for LE and Military use.  Something goes bump in the night, he goes outside and ends up like Stephen Perkins:  DRT.    

Look what happened to Perkins, and see how quick it can go bad.  I don't lament his death, but he makes a good example.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Rational people don’t point weapons at tow truck drivers.

There’s a civil way to go about things.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Rational people don’t point weapons at tow truck drivers.

There’s a civil way to go about things.
View Quote

Agreed.  Violence inclined people do, and they get mag dumped for it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Because there was a report of an armed perp.  They knock on the door and he answers, they could get hurt.  That's SWAT stuff.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BCPVP:
Then why are the cops hanging around the repo man instead of knocking on the guy's door to try and investigate what happened?

Because there was a report of an armed perp.  They knock on the door and he answers, they could get hurt.  That's SWAT stuff.

If the police aren't there to investigate the initial report, why are they there?

The only other conclusion is they are there to assist in the repo. But because they aren't announcing their presence until moments before shooting, the reason they were there can't just be to prevent any further trouble or they would have made their presence known sooner and more visibly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
Seems like the cops didn't give the guy a chance but then again threatening someone with a gun brings this kind of shit down on your head.
View Quote

That.

Doesn't look like he had a chance to comply.

They were also there because he had already threatened the tow truck driver.

I'd like to know if the tow/repossess was legit or not. It is going to look pretty bad if not.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots wrong with this. All over a vehicle. If your paid up and in the right just let them take your rig you'll get it back.

But also the cops dont get to set up an ambush and murder you in your yard over a civil matter. They should have told the tow truck driver to stay away and pursued it in the daylight.

Fucked up all the way around.
View Quote

Likely with massive fees, hassle, and loss of use.

I wouldn't react very kindly if someone tried to steal and tow away my vehicle if I wasn't in violation of debt payments.

I wouldn't threaten or intimidate anyone with a gun though. I'd likely just stand in the way preventing them from leaving while I called the cops.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#15]

and this is why I continue to ask if the repo order was valid.  The family saying it was paid doesnt mean anything.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grey50beast:

No. But if he was paid up, then his presumption is valid.

I'd like to know too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By evnash:
. Call with an armed suspect threatening and then he shows up and points his gun at you....good shoot? mag dump excessive once the perp is down?

View Quote

An armed suspected....maybe. and maybe not.

You'd have to do some... police work... before you know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#17]
was the repo guy getting the correct vehicle? Did police verify this, if so why not just nock on the door and say your vehicle is being reposed  
what policies were violated (according to the chief)? Maybe the fact that instead of identifying themselves at the door, the police decided to hideout and ambush the guy and then murder him?
From the video, the shooting appears justified (absent the answer to the above questions)
View Quote
Because he was ambushed by the police, he didn't have time to comply with their request

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]
So was the repossession valid or not?
I dont see it as helping with a repo, if the repossession was legit, rather trying to arrest the truck owner for assault.   I hadnt heard anything about this before so I'm basing my opinion off of the two links and footage.  
Is there some kind of limit in AL on how many times a day a repo guy can try to get a vehicle?
View Quote

where in that video did you see police attempting to arrest ANYONE?  If that was the intent, they park out front with lights flashing, go to the door knock, and ID themselves.  

What these cops did was park around the corner, never knocked on the door, and lay in wait ambush style.  Then proceed to murder a guy and mag dump on him after he is already down
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
You're not allowed to defend property with a gun other than Texas. I've had my car broken into many times and I've been told if I were to come out with a gun I'd get charged. Perkins not only did it the first time when the cops weren't there, but did it again when they were. I think they were justified in shooting Perkins but I think the mag dump was a bit excessive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah no.  In this day and age, the last thing cops want to do is to shoot a black suspect.  More like they were hoping that the guy would come out and when confronted, he'd simply give up and be taken into custody.
View Quote

so you are saying they asked him to come out?  they went to the door and knocked on it?  or did they hide in the bushes and ambush him then mag dump on him.

Hoping someone "Comes Out" to be confronted is the exact definition of an ambush.  Going to the door and ringing the bell ID yourself as the police and then informing them he is under arrest is the act of arresting someone.

If they had attempted an arrest and he didn't comply, then maybe they could have drawn their weapons and not be on trial for murder right now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaximusEmanatus] [#21]
But also the cops dont get to set up an ambush and murder you in your yard over a civil matter.  
View Quote

Since when is Assault with a Deadly Weapon a "civil matter"?  As it was pointed out before, the cops weren't there for the repo.  They were there because the perp pointed a gun at the repo guy, and the repo guy filed a complaint.  

I'm sure that is the way a lot of the criminally inclined and their supporters (you) would like our system to function. Someone points a gun at you, it's a civil matter.

In your mind, since it was a civil matter, what if the repo guy came back with a shotgun, body armor, and a couple friends and when perp came running out with the gun, shoot him down?  You'd scream even louder and cry that he should have called the cops.

FOLKS:  mag dumps have become SOP.  Don't ask me why, but I assume it is to make "I was in fear for my life and just wanted to go home safe" have more meaning.  "I was so scared, I couldn't stop shooting".

It would be interesting to know the real reason they all do mag dumps these days.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Looked like hunting over bait to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#23]
There were there to interview/arrest the guy but him pointing a gun at them escalated things
View Quote

what video were you watching?  I was watching the complex ambush video.  I guess there is a different video of the cops at his door identifying themselves and attempting to arrest him.

I think the Police chief and the Grand Jury saw the same video I did...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

where in that video did you see police attempting to arrest ANYONE?  If that was the intent, they park out front with lights flashing, go to the door knock, and ID themselves.  

What these cops did was park around the corner, never knocked on the door, and lay in wait ambush style.  Then proceed to murder a guy and mag dump on him after he is already down
View Quote

Park out front with lights flashing? Tell me how many calls you went to like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Kolat:
Looked like hunting over bait to me.
View Quote

He was as good as dead when he pointed the gun the first time.  People like to second guess, but a stupid and violent guy like that isn't going to back down for blue lights and a badge.  He probably wouldn't respect LE authority, and wouldn't follow their "lawful commands" anyway.  If they had gone to the door and interacted with Perkins, he was going to be dead, one way or the other.  

Time and again we see videos of fools interacting with cops and how it ends, but yet, it never changes and they never learn.  They always think it will end different with them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

What if it was a delivery driver that had been threatened with a gun? Would it still be a bad move for the police to set up and catch the guy that's threatening the delivery driver?
View Quote

are you serious?  ever heard the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty". I know its almost unheard of these days with the trial by media, but the police are not there to ambush people.

Pizza delivery, mailman, repo guy, girl scout cookies for sale.  makes no difference. if somebody threatens anybody with a gun, they get arrested and have their day in court.  They don't get ambushed and executed.  
Well, I guess maybe they do, but it's still illegal...for now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Repo guys and bondsmen….what’s the cops department policy when dealing with them?

Like, was the repo, based on a writ issued by some court, that could be verified? The repo guys have some database that lists repos, but who knows how stale that info can be, a bank can have it repo’d for failure to pay, failed to have certain insurance, maybe the dude did something that could subject the vehicle to forfeiture, who knows. Same with bonds, Is court issued warrant, or some kind of dogdbountyhunter wanting to go off bond?

I say all that because the cop shouldn’t have to deal with that at 0200am…have the guy make a report, and if he wants, sign a criminal affidavit. If some type of immediate action is deemed needed, they can go wake up a judge and get a warrant issued.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JimEb:
Well, I can see the point of them claiming the cops didn’t give him time to comply.  On the other

Doesn’t matter if the repo was legit or not.  Guy was indicating he’s prepared to murder over the situation.  If you chase after someone with a gun for any reason, in front of cops, don’t be surprised if you get shot.
View Quote

So the dead guy comes out with a gun and says "Put the truck down". He doesn't say "put the truck down" and before even finishing his sentence proceeds to mag dump on the tow truck driver. If he did he would be in the wrong.

But the cops, they hide in the bushes and when the Victim comes out and yells at the tow truck driver, they say "police get on the" bang bang bang "ground" bang bang bang bang bang bang and 20 rounds later they guy has been hit fatally 1-2 times.

That's called an ambush and murder    
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:38:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaximusEmanatus] [#29]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

are you serious?  ever heard the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty". I know its almost unheard of these days with the trial by media, but the police are not there to ambush people.
View Quote

No such thing as "Innocent until proven guilty".  It's the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.  They are presumed innocent until proven guilty.   HUGE difference.

And to add, you apparently feel the presumption of innocence is not extended to the ossifers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

View Quote

Well, Perkins knew they were there once to repo the car and they came back again. Both times he brought out a gun, the second time he was charging the tow truck operator, just what do you think the cop should have done, waited until Perkins shot the driver?  Fuck him, pay your bills or don't bring out a gun to prove how stupid you are.
The cop never should have been fired.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cypselus:
The first few shots look reasonable and justified. The mag dump into the guy on the ground is hard to defend.

Since they had a report that Perkins had threatened someone with a gun already, shouldn’t they have been trying to arrest him rather than facilitating repossession?  

The police look rather stupid, but Perkins isn’t legally entitled to run out of his house and shoot someone for stealing his truck.
View Quote

That’s the thing. The police had no basis to participate in seizing the vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

Wait til folks learn about levy stuff.  Court orders to take shit to satisfy a debt folks didn't pay.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

There’s likely no court involvement in this repossession either way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Since when is Assault with a Deadly Weapon a "civil matter"?  As it was pointed out before, the cops weren't there for the repo.  They were there because the perp pointed a gun at the repo guy, and the repo guy filed a complaint.  

I'm sure that is the way a lot of the criminally inclined and their supporters (you) would like our system to function. Someone points a gun at you, it's a civil matter.

In your mind, since it was a civil matter, what if the repo guy came back with a shotgun, body armor, and a couple friends and when perp came running out with the gun, shoot him down?  You'd scream even louder and cry that he should have called the cops.

FOLKS:  mag dumps have become SOP.  Don't ask me why, but I assume it is to make "I was in fear for my life and just wanted to go home safe" have more meaning.  "I was so scared, I couldn't stop shooting".

It would be interesting to know the real reason they all do mag dumps these days.
View Quote

Of course they were there for the repo, that’s why they brought the repo man and guarded him while he tried to load up the truck. Problem is, they were seizing property they had no authority to seize. That’s why they got fired.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

That.

Doesn't look like he had a chance to comply.

They were also there because he had already threatened the tow truck driver.

I'd like to know if the tow/repossess was legit or not. It is going to look pretty bad if not.
View Quote
No, no they weren't.

They were there to act as thugs to enforce a possibly false claim by private companies on the guy's vehicle.

Their actions clearly indicate this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HotHolster:

Well, Perkins knew they were there once to repo the car and they came back again. Both times he brought out a gun, the second time he was charging the tow truck operator, just what do you think the cop should have done, waited until Perkins shot the driver?  Fuck him, pay your bills or don't bring out a gun to prove how stupid you are.
The cop never should have been fired.
View Quote
He knew they were there to steal the car a second time.

The cops should have followed up on the gun complaint completely, and not ambushed and murdered the guy.

I bet the same department has calls like "talked to owner about cat meowing too loud and walking on neighbors lawnmower". Yet they don't have any time where the staked out and then shot the cat wandering the yard like they did here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks this is interesting. This is a lot like some footage I recently saw involving another tow truck driver and a swat team response. This is apparently a sub genre of police shootings.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Why some of you getting hung up on whether the repo was valid or not?

That kind of shit ain’t getting sorted out in the middle of the night like this.  Just like arguing your innocence with a cop after you’re cuffed n’ stuffed.  It doesn’t matter.  

Why don’t we argue whether or not the tow trucks license plates were expired too?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#38]

That kind of shit ain’t getting sorted out in the middle of the night like this.  Just like arguing your innocence with a cop after you’re cuffed n’ stuffed.  It doesn’t matter.  

Why don’t we argue whether or not the tow trucks license plates were expired too?

View Quote

That goes both ways.  Why are they ambushing the guy in the middle of the night?  The police are involved, go knock on his door in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Bad shoot. Bad everything. Whoever the shift supervisor was should also be fired.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WesJanson] [#40]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Because if they went there to arrest him for agg assault they would use their lights and probably sirens instead of baiting a trap and executing an L shaped ambush.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

If the synopsis of events posted here is accurate, I’m struggling to see how this would be helping with repossession.  Repo guy was collecting property based on a valid repossession order and had a gun pulled on him.  Cops are responding because dude was armed and used his weapon to commit a crime against someone who was performing a lawful activity.  They’re not responding to help the repo guy get the car.

Because if they went there to arrest him for agg assault they would use their lights and probably sirens instead of baiting a trap and executing an L shaped ambush.

That's the second time lately someone here has expressed a belief that cops should park in front of a house with their lights on to arrest someone.

To be very, very blunt: that is not a tactic that ever gets use deliberately against an armed suspect. You do NOT park your cruiser directly in front of the suspect's house with the lights on.

Doing so is a great way to take gunfire, and is never, ever going to be performed by anyone who isn't a moron, except by accident. We use lights and cruisers to do a felony stop on a moving vehicle. Because there's no other choice, tactically speaking. And an armed, barricaded subject call is typically going to be a SWAT callout in most places.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Because it entirely changes the situation.

Legal repo - dude that was shot is clearly in the wrong.

Illegal repo - theft.  In TX it is legal to shoot someone stealing property at night time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

All been covered here before:

Dead guy's family says the car was paid up.  
Difference is if the bank or repoman made a mistake they might share some liability.

Repo is a civil matter and cops aren't supposed to help.  Since they can't "help" they parked their cars around the corner and laid in wait (hidden from view) for the guy rather than simply park a patrol car in front of the house with the lights on so he knew cops were there.

If he pointed the gun at the repoman the actual shooting might be justified, but the cops should not have never been there in the first place.  
Repo man was chased off earlier in the night by the guy and he should not have returned.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
was the repo guy getting the correct vehicle?

what policies were violated (according to the chief)?

From the video, the shooting appears justified (absent the answer to the above questions)

All been covered here before:

Dead guy's family says the car was paid up.  
Difference is if the bank or repoman made a mistake they might share some liability.

Repo is a civil matter and cops aren't supposed to help.  Since they can't "help" they parked their cars around the corner and laid in wait (hidden from view) for the guy rather than simply park a patrol car in front of the house with the lights on so he knew cops were there.

If he pointed the gun at the repoman the actual shooting might be justified, but the cops should not have never been there in the first place.  
Repo man was chased off earlier in the night by the guy and he should not have returned.  

Thanks for the summary.  I would have said good shoot, at least the first few shots.  

Blasting away after he dropped the gun and on the ground, eh not so much.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m new at this leo thing, but as I see it:

- possession of a gun, wasn’t enough justification to shoot.

-police should have identified themselves (they had cover) first to make the dead guy aware of the consequences.

- a full mag dump is a bad look. Body camera change a lot of UOF tactics, because some shit just looks bad on film, and in the end, police work for the community!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Is this in a liberal area?  Liberal DA?  If so, the presumption is that any charges against an officer are illegitimate and said officer is not guilty.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#45]
1. Pay your bills.

2. Ban repo guys from trying to repo vehicles from private property at night.

If repo guy had the wrong house then he should catch a man slaughter charge for creating the situation that resulted in the other guy’s death. Cop should be fired and the department needs to pay up for getting involved in a “civil” matter.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:06:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#46]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
You're not allowed to defend property with a gun other than Texas. I've had my car broken into many times and I've been told if I were to come out with a gun I'd get charged. Perkins not only did it the first time when the cops weren't there, but did it again when they were. I think they were justified in shooting Perkins but I think the mag dump was a bit excessive.
View Quote

You may not be allowed to defend the property with a gun, but you're allowed to defend yourself.

You're also allowed to defend your property.

You can go into the situation armed, and defend your property, if they escalate, you're allowed to escalate as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Because it is theft if the repo isn’t valid. Anyone can fake a document and steal a car.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaximusEmanatus] [#48]

That’s the thing. The police had no basis to participate in seizing the vehicle.
View Quote

Why do you need to lie to reinforce your opinion?  As pointed out before, Perkins committed assault with a deadly weapon against the repo man, and the repo man filed a complaint.  They were there for that felony complaint.

Why must you lie?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Why do you need to lie to reinforce your opinion.  As pointed out before, Perkins committed assault with a deadly weapon against the repo man, and the repo man filed a complaint.  They were there for that felony complaint.

Why must you lie?
View Quote

Did he commit assault, or was it alleged he committed assault?

Seems like it was alleged, and they should have investigated the claim by knocking on the door and talking to him...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Is there a rash of repro trucks with flashing light stealing cars?
View Quote
Here in Washington, it's a local sport. I kid you not.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top