Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2023 6:43:46 PM EDT
OK Gang.  Need to get your creative juices flowing.  I'm looking for concepts and then I'll refine them into a workable design and (hopefully) execute.

Background:  My camper sits on a permanent site and doesn't ever move.  My lot at the campground is sloped so the main door sits fairly high above grade.  I previously built a stairs and landing to go from the lawn to the patio door.  It is 5 stairs high (~36") to the platform.  Then about 3'x3' platform/landing at the door.  My insurance company is asking that I add handrails on one side.  

Goal:  I need to build a stair railing on an outdoor stair and landing (think deck).  I want to do something creative with the balusters.  I have a CNC router.  What can I do to make the balusters creative?  At this point the plan is to construct everything from green treated lumber, but am open to suggestions too.  

I know this is a wide-open request
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
A pic of the area would make it easier. What are your hobbies?
Notes to your favorite song, Dragon heads and body's with wizards. If you live on the beach a bunch of those life saver things they throw out.
Carve a bunch of your favorite rifles. A whole fence of AR15's would look great and screw with the libs!
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes a pic would help.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to add some railing to decking around my workshop
So I am thinking of wood posts and hand rail but with stainless rope/cable    Not inexpensive maybe, but I like the look, less obtrusive and it can cover more space without blocking the view and yet keep the dog from leaping 8-10’ down if he tried to do something stupid.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
A pic of the area would make it easier. What are your hobbies?
Notes to your favorite song, Dragon heads and body's with wizards. If you live on the beach a bunch of those life saver things they throw out.
Carve a bunch of your favorite rifles. A whole fence of AR15's would look great and screw with the libs!
View Quote

That would be interesting - rubber ducks are probably pretty expensive though
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Good idea on the pic!
Attachment Attached File

I’m replacing the brown stairs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thinking of either a deer hunting theme or baseball.

I like this but it might be better plasma metal cut than wood.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top