Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2023 6:43:46 PM EDT
OK Gang.  Need to get your creative juices flowing.  I'm looking for concepts and then I'll refine them into a workable design and (hopefully) execute.

Background:  My camper sits on a permanent site and doesn't ever move.  My lot at the campground is sloped so the main door sits fairly high above grade.  I previously built a stairs and landing to go from the lawn to the patio door.  It is 5 stairs high (~36") to the platform.  Then about 3'x3' platform/landing at the door.  My insurance company is asking that I add handrails on one side.  

Goal:  I need to build a stair railing on an outdoor stair and landing (think deck).  I want to do something creative with the balusters.  I have a CNC router.  What can I do to make the balusters creative?  At this point the plan is to construct everything from green treated lumber, but am open to suggestions too.  

I know this is a wide-open request
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
A pic of the area would make it easier. What are your hobbies?
Notes to your favorite song, Dragon heads and body's with wizards. If you live on the beach a bunch of those life saver things they throw out.
Carve a bunch of your favorite rifles. A whole fence of AR15's would look great and screw with the libs!
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes a pic would help.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to add some railing to decking around my workshop
So I am thinking of wood posts and hand rail but with stainless rope/cable    Not inexpensive maybe, but I like the look, less obtrusive and it can cover more space without blocking the view and yet keep the dog from leaping 8-10’ down if he tried to do something stupid.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
A pic of the area would make it easier. What are your hobbies?
Notes to your favorite song, Dragon heads and body's with wizards. If you live on the beach a bunch of those life saver things they throw out.
Carve a bunch of your favorite rifles. A whole fence of AR15's would look great and screw with the libs!
View Quote

That would be interesting - rubber ducks are probably pretty expensive though
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Good idea on the pic!
Attachment Attached File

I’m replacing the brown stairs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thinking of either a deer hunting theme or baseball.

I like this but it might be better plasma metal cut than wood.
Attachment Attached File
Top Top