Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5529 of 5585)
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/s/APdjbPLU6E

What is said to be an air strike on a building of Russians in Kherson region.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Belarus has a very small national armed force, and they need every bit of it to keep Lukashenko on the throne. That's practically their only role. They have virtually no offensive capability. Russia could roll the Baltics if they weren't all tied down in Ukraine, but Lithuania could probably stop Belarus cold by themselves. And then Article 5 reinforcements would arrive, and Lukashenko would be gone, along with the "Union State."
View Quote

And the Lithuanian's I know are every bit as tough and nationalistic as the Ukrainians.  It would be a Belarussian, and Russian bloodbath.  Think honeybadgers with Tanks on Meth.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

No chute seen. Hopefully that means a dead pilot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
Russian Air defense working for UKR again?

Longer video

No chute seen. Hopefully that means a dead pilot.

The Russians claim he ejected and was rescued. So, yeah, he probably rode it in or died when his ejection seat or chute failed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By apr67:

And the Lithuanian's I know are every bit as tough and nationalistic as the Ukrainians.  It would be a Belarussian, and Russian bloodbath.  Think honeybadgers with Tanks on Meth.
View Quote

LOL, brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By silverstate55:

What would prevent the Belarus forces from invading the Baltic States (instead of Russian forces)?
View Quote

They would get their asses kicked?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
Russian Air defense working for UKR again?

Longer video
View Quote

Inverted, on fire and in a flat spin. Either of those conditions can be bad, depending on circumstances. Experiencing all 3 at once is usually pretty catastrophic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]

You mean when Finland was a province of Sweden? And included Karelia?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swede1986:
Fuck that shit! We need to return to the borders of 1658.

We need lebensraum to liberate the oppressed Swedish people who live there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#12]
Su-35 Su-27 crashed near Sevastopol.
Shot down, or failure - they sort it out.
But it looks like it's been shot down.

According to my information, the pilot was lifted. All is good. He bit his lip. It will heal before the wedding.

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/16130

The point where the Su-27 approximately fell
By the way, according to our source, the Russian Air Defense Forces shot him down with a second missile.

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/56456

Additional video

❗️The parachute has opened, I hope the pilot is alive

https://t.me/blogstrajj/33933

Governor

A military plane crashed into the sea.
I see that Ukrainian public pages publish a lot of different information. No civilian objects were damaged.

The pilot ejected. He was picked up by rescuers from the Sevastopol Rescue Service at a distance of two hundred meters from the shore. His life is not in danger.

https://t.me/razvozhaev/5842

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

How about 1520?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Prime:

"We're absolutely not going to attack Europe or NATO, that's ridiculous. We only defend our people on our historical lands."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbRJST3CADg

And Finland, and Poland at a minimum.  And Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechia, etc, etc, etc.

my kinda humorous take on that :

my brother was a US military officer for 25+ years.  did a bunch of joint staff assignments in France, Germany, Belgium etc

he said -- whenever dealing with the Europeans -- you gotta stop the arguments when they try to bust out the 'See you have to go back to 1875 to fully understand...' line of discussion / BS

stop then dead in their tracks.  because they will try to obfuscate -- to NO END -- the current issues by taking you on a European History lesson to 'educate you' on why they are doing x, Y, or Z

EXACTLY what Putin did with Tucker Carlson last month for instance

his point -- was basically -- I'll go back 50 years -- MAYBE to the end of WW2.   I am not discussing boundaries from 1845 and how that affects current affairs.

Yes -- European History is complicated and VERY interesting.  Culturally, geographically, ethnically, etc.  But there HAS to be a limit at what point we say -- that's IRRELEVANT to the discussion at hand.

How about 1520?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:02:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#14]

https://i.giphy.com/spfi6nabVuq5y.webp
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
Originally Posted By Capta:

"We're absolutely not going to attack Europe or NATO, that's ridiculous. We only defend our people on our historical lands."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbRJST3CADg

And Finland, and Poland at a minimum.  And Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechia, etc, etc, etc.

my kinda humorous take on that :

my brother was a US military officer for 25+ years.  did a bunch of joint staff assignments in France, Germany, Belgium etc

he said -- whenever dealing with the Europeans -- you gotta stop the arguments when they try to bust out the 'See you have to go back to 1875 to fully understand...' line of discussion / BS

stop then dead in their tracks.  because they will try to obfuscate -- to NO END -- the current issues by taking you on a European History lesson to 'educate you' on why they are doing x, Y, or Z

EXACTLY what Putin did with Tucker Carlson last month for instance

his point -- was basically -- I'll go back 50 years -- MAYBE to the end of WW2.   I am not discussing boundaries from 1845 and how that affects current affairs.

Yes -- European History is complicated and VERY interesting.  Culturally, geographically, ethnically, etc.  But there HAS to be a limit at what point we say -- that's IRRELEVANT to the discussion at hand.

How about 1520?

https://i.giphy.com/spfi6nabVuq5y.webp

lol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Friggin' massacre.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]

lol at the track suit guy.

Equipped with a phased array antenna and an electronic scanner, the 9S36 radar offers vast coverage, with a search capacity reaching ±45° in azimuth and 70° in elevation, extending up to 120 km.    
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Sauce for the goose...

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By treelow:

The Russians claim he ejected and was rescued. So, yeah, he probably rode it in or died when his ejection seat or chute failed.
View Quote

One of the things the Russians actually do really really well are their ejection seats. They work exceptionally well at almost any attitude and any attitude except inverted on the deck (at least in their modern fighters). Unless he was dead before punching out, the chances are high that he at least made it out of the jet and under canopy. What happened to him after that is anyone's guess.

One of the reasons that the Patriot is so deadly to enemy air assets is because they have a really nasty habit of not giving the guy a chance to punch out well before the ejection sequence is even the thought of a fart in the wind. Kind of hard to pull a handle when you're nothing more than the output side of a slapchop. Really, unless a pilot gives it a yank as soon as his RWR goes off, he's gonna be a greasy spot in the sky....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]
Heads up, 35 minutes ago.

for a long night of what appears to be another massive missile strike. The estimated time of arrival at the Caspian launch box is 0400 Kyiv (0200 UTC) with launch between 0400 and 0500 Kyiv (0200 and 0300 UTC).

FYI: Putin is still looking for someone to blame because he did not stop the ISIS-K terrorists from attacking the Crocus concert hall even after he was warned. Let's see what their justification is for tonight's terrorist bombings of civilian population centers and utilities (electrical, heating, water).  
View Quote

6 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#21]

What would prevent the Belarus forces from invading the Baltic States (instead of Russian forces)?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By strykr:

Russia does not have enough troops in Ukraine to launch a second invasion. And they cannot simply travel through Ukraine to Belarus. They would have to withdraw in order to go around them, risking a collapse of the front. He needs to win in Ukraine first before he can open a second front.

Sending Russian troops to Belarus, with the intention of invading the Baltics would be the signal that the war is now spreading to multiple countries, and is no longer a localized conflict. Troop movements would be picked up with the satellites. NATO must have a play book already for this exact scenario.

The proper response for this would likely be NATO troops moving into Western Ukraine and/or a no fly zone. Poland would also have time to prepare for the war with Belarus. Russia cannot move through Belarus fast enough to surprise the Baltics, since NATO already anticipates this move. It would take weeks to move those old BMPs and T-64s from Ukraine, and Putin must know that those tanks are no match for NATO. He would be better off taking a chunk of Ukraine now, get a peace treaty, then try again in a few years, after he has rebuilt his military.

NATO moving into Western Ukraine would end the possibility of bringing Ukraine into Putin's sphere of influence. It would be a disaster as far as he is concerned. They could easily move up to the Dnipro without meeting any resistance. It would pretty much end Putin's hopes of gaining further ground within Ukraine.

The Belarus armed forces are in no shape for a major military action beyond their borders, primarily a lack of logistic capability.  Also, Belarus would be full-on hammered as soon as they crossed the border by Polish, Swedish, and likely British air plus whatever rotating NATO brigades are on rotation there.  It would be a bloodbath, as I have serious questions on the training and combat capabilities of the Belarus armed forces.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The Belarus armed forces are in no shape for a major military action beyond their borders, primarily a lack of logistic capability.  Also, Belarus would be full-on hammered as soon as they crossed the border by Polish, Swedish, and likely British air plus whatever rotating NATO brigades are on rotation there.  It would be a bloodbath, as I have serious questions on the training and combat capabilities of the Belarus armed forces.
View Quote

Appreciate all the responses, thank you.  Hard to imagine an Eastern European army that would put out a worse showing than the F-Russians already have.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Belarus has a very small national armed force, and they need every bit of it to keep Lukashenko on the throne. That's practically their only role. They have virtually no offensive capability. Russia could roll the Baltics if they weren't all tied down in Ukraine, but Lithuania could probably stop Belarus cold by themselves. And then Article 5 reinforcements would arrive, and Lukashenko would be gone, along with the "Union State."
View All Quotes

In that scenario I mentioned, it would make the most sense for Belarusian forces to hold the Polish (and Ukrainian) border and nothing else.  I think they could be expected to do that effectively.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Noice!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

And NATO would be obligated to fight on their behalf.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

What's the date of this, is it recent?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

What's the date of this, is it recent?

Not sure, guessing it was last fall.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#27]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJyS886W0AATyI-?format=jpg&name=large

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJyS886W0AATyI-?format=jpg&name=large

Equipped with a phased array antenna and an electronic scanner, the 9S36 radar offers vast coverage, with a search capacity reaching ±45° in azimuth and 70° in elevation, extending up to 120 km.    

I bet he outran the other guys!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Su-35 Su-27 crashed near Sevastopol.
Shot down, or failure - they sort it out.
But it looks like it's been shot down.

According to my information, the pilot was lifted. All is good. He bit his lip. It will heal before the wedding.

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/16130

The point where the Su-27 approximately fell
By the way, according to our source, the Russian Air Defense Forces shot him down with a second missile.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_4194-3172075.jpg

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/56456

Additional video

❗️The parachute has opened, I hope the pilot is alive

https://t.me/blogstrajj/33933

Governor

A military plane crashed into the sea.
I see that Ukrainian public pages publish a lot of different information. No civilian objects were damaged.

The pilot ejected. He was picked up by rescuers from the Sevastopol Rescue Service at a distance of two hundred meters from the shore. His life is not in danger.

https://t.me/razvozhaev/5842

View Quote

I bet that made a lovely show for the people of Sevastopol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:20:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#29]
INSANE.  Has to be one of the craziest events I’ve seen in the whole war.  Kamikzae hits Russian dugout and starts a major fire.  Russian emerges completely engulfed in flame, runs around, and then LITERALLY DIVES HEADFIRST INTO A DEEP WELL.  Has to be seen to be believed.  NSFW.

UA thermal drone helps a Russian patrol cover more ground

Javelin hit brews up Russian tank, which drives along belching flame from every orifice.  Crew immolation likely, NSFW.

Thermal drone view - Russian dugout set on fire by a previous drone dropped thermobaric, second thermal drone with grenade arrives in time to see two Russians emerge and run around on fire.  HIGHLY NSFW.

Reported as Mk 19 hits on a Russian, but looks more like 40mm grenade drops

Russian BMP carrying literally everything flammable for that sector of the front burns, and burns, and burns.

Reported as two thermal airburst drone strikes, no spotter.

Abandoned Russian T-72 gets a grenade down the hatch

Thermal drone drops, might be associated with the video I posted last night of an assault gone pear-shaped.

Large series of Kamikaze attacks on Russian road traffic.  No spotter, probably long range/under jamming.

UA drone lining up to grenade an abandoned Russian tank when it disintegrates, reportedly hit by a kamikaze.  Awesome video.

Drone view of Bradley working over a road outside Avdiivka.  Looks like a section of the “BTR road of death” to me.

Series of drone drops on Russians.  Some brutal.

Two men enter…one man leaves!

Russian anti-sub MTLB destroyed while seeking out Ukrainian submarines.

Series of kamikaze strikes on Russian infantry

Candygram for Mongo

Series of both kamikaze and drone drops.

Kamikaze hits on vehicles and infantry.  One BRUTAL, NSFW.

Series of kamikaze strikes, one removes a Russian’s leg.  NSFW

Several kamikaze strikes on Russian APCs, no spotters

Somewhat unusual video shows two Russians hit by a (reported) long-range SPG-9 shot, then finished off by a drone drop which knocks pieces off one Russian.

Video with a a lot of variety.  Some DPICM, some vehicle hits, some thermal work.

Rare BTR-MDM hit with grenade

Kamikaze destroys Russian BMP

Series of drone drops on Russian infantry, one pretty bad.

Nah, fuck it.

Kamikaze hits and disables Russian tank.  With spotting.

Rare video of night kamikaze attacks on Russian 152mm SPAG, no spotting.  Probably long range/under jamming.

Ukrainian drone delivers take-out package to Russian house.

Kamikaze finds Russian hiding under a destroyed truck and blows up in his face after buzzing around on the ground.  NSFW.

Russian truck burned down by kamikaze hits.

All sorts of unsavory things come to mind from this drone video.

Drone spotting for Mk19 40mm against a lone Russian, close and direct hits.

Russian walking down a road filled with Russian corpses added to their number by drone drop.

Russian squad forced out of positions by drone drops, then clobbered in the open by kamikazes.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]

⚡️ 84 AIR TARGETS DESTROYED: 58 "SHAHED" and 26 MISSILES
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
On the night of March 29, 2024, the enemy launched a powerful missile and air strike against the facilities of the fuel and energy sector of Ukraine, using various types of missiles and attack UAVs:

A total of 99 means of air attack:

⚠️ 60 strike UAVs of the "Shahed-136/131" type (Prymorsko-Akhtarsk launch area, Kursk region - Russian Federation);
❗ 3 Kh-47M2 "Kinzhal" aeroballistic missiles (from three MiG-31K fighters - Ryazan region - Russian Federation);
❗ 2 "Iskander-M" ballistic missiles (ToT Crimea);
❗ 9 Kh-59 guided air missiles (from nine Su-34 aircraft - Belgorod Region);
❗ 4 "Iskander-K" cruise missiles (Kursk region - Russian Federation);
❗ 21 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles (from eleven Tu-95MS strategic bombers - Engels - Russian Federation).

💥 Anti-aircraft missile units of the Air Force and Ground Forces, mobile fire groups, and radio-electronic warfare equipment of the Defense Forces of Ukraine were involved in repelling the air-missile strike.

As a result of anti-aircraft combat, 84 air targets were destroyed:

⚠️ 58 attack UAVs of the "Shahed-136/131" type;
❗ 17 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles;
❗ 5 Kh-59 guided air missiles;
❗ 4 "Iskander-K" cruise missiles.

Honor and praise to all who protect Ukraine from Russian terror.
Thanks for the combat work, thanks for the result!

🇺🇦 Together - to victory!
. . .
🇺🇦 Air Force Commander Lieutenant General Mykola Oleschuk

https://t.me/ComAFUA/246

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#32]
Russia has once again attacked Ukraine's energy facilities

Russian troops attacked Ukraine with missiles and drones on the night of March 29. As a result of a massive strike, power plants in the west and center of Ukraine were damaged, Ukrenergo reports.

In the Dnipropetrovsk region, emergency power outages have been introduced, in the Kharkiv region - hourly blackouts. No other details were given.

The head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Military Administration, Serhiy Lysak, said that a number of critical infrastructure facilities were attacked. In the Kamenka district, several houses in a dacha cooperative were destroyed and damaged. Five people were injured, including a five-year-old girl. One of the wounded is in serious condition.

Ukrainian Energy Minister Herman Halushchenko said that this was another massive attack on the country's energy system, this time facilities in the Dnipropetrovsk, Poltava and Cherkasy regions were attacked. The target of the attack was, among other things, power generation facilities, he wrote.

Explosions were also reported in the Khmelnytskyi, Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk regions.

The command of the Polish Armed Forces said that at night it scrambled military aircraft in connection with a Russian missile attack on Ukraine.

Russian military reports of the attacks have not yet been commented on.

Ukrainian Defense Minister Rustem Umerov said at an extraordinary meeting of the NATO-Ukraine Council on Thursday that 97 percent of Russian strikes on targets on Ukrainian territory are on civilian infrastructure, and their total power since the beginning of 2024 has exceeded nine kilotons.

"Only three percent of these Russian missiles, drones and guided bombs hit military targets," Umerov wrote on his Facebook page.

The head of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine also cited data from the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, according to which "712 out of 1,804 civilian casualties confirmed by the UN over the past three months were killed as a result of missile attacks and strikes with loitering munitions."

https://www.svoboda.org/a/rossiya-v-ocherednoy-raz-atakovala-obekty-energetiki-ukrainy/32882244.html

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:47:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:55:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]

Russia has lost 1239 T-72s (visually confirmed by @WarSpotting) There are a lot of variants but they fit into 3 main groups; B3, B and Old (A & Ural). This month March the most modern B3s all modernised 2013 or later have become a lot less common. mostly displaces in the loss numbers by the older B variants, built or modified between 1984 and 2012. The very old/unmodernised are still rare among the losses. There have only been 26 T-72s lost in March, a small sample, so I am not calling this a trend yet but will be looking to see if it's repeated in April. 1/2

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:21:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:11:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Yeah if 5.45 were easily and economically reloadable I'd build up an AR in that caliber.  I love the recoil impulse - it seems sort of long and gentle even with the excellent '74 brake unscrewed.  Plus those long for caliber high SD bullets seem to really have a great combo of penetration and wounding effect.  Yeah I know the 5.56 is better for both but I just like the round.

I have two '74s.  One is a SAR conversation with all Bulgarian parts that is pretty much spot on for a Afgan war build.  The other is completely Russian except for the receiver.  Man, those were the days!  Of course 922r stuff as well 8^P

I bought dies and projectiles a while back but the brass prices were just mental.  I wish the steel stuff wasn't such a PITA to reload.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
. . .

-Full Auto is the preferred mode of fire; AK74 shows excellent controllability due to 5.45 + Muzzle Brake + ~650rpm

. . .
Yeah if 5.45 were easily and economically reloadable I'd build up an AR in that caliber.  I love the recoil impulse - it seems sort of long and gentle even with the excellent '74 brake unscrewed.  Plus those long for caliber high SD bullets seem to really have a great combo of penetration and wounding effect.  Yeah I know the 5.56 is better for both but I just like the round.

I have two '74s.  One is a SAR conversation with all Bulgarian parts that is pretty much spot on for a Afgan war build.  The other is completely Russian except for the receiver.  Man, those were the days!  Of course 922r stuff as well 8^P

I bought dies and projectiles a while back but the brass prices were just mental.  I wish the steel stuff wasn't such a PITA to reload.

Its a great round, sort of 22 Creedmoor:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/10/modern-intermediate-calibers-008-soviet-5-45x39mm/

"Despite its lighter bullet, the 5.45x39mm round retains its energy better than 5.56mm from comparable barrels, thanks to an excellent, carefully designed bullet shape. Even better, 5.45x39mm rounds are typically lighter, with the steel-cased 53gr 7N6 ball round weighing about 10.7 grams per shot. Despite its superior ballistics, however, the 5.45x39mm caliber has not seen the benefit of advanced antipersonnel projectile designs such as the M855A1 EPR and Mk. 318 SOST in the US, and therefore typically possesses inferior lethality. Russian armor piercing rounds such as the 7N22 and 7N24 are, however, very effective against body armor."
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrskyi published an interview with Ukrinform, some theses:  

- Just in February-March of this year (as of March 26), the enemy lost more than 570 tanks, about 1,430 armored combat vehicles, almost 1,680 artillery systems and 64 air defense systems.  - Enemy activity in the air was also reduced thanks to the skill of our air defense units. In just 10 days in February, they shot down 13 enemy aircraft, including two strategically important A50 surveillance and control aircraft. We hope to receive from our partners more air defense systems and, most importantly, missiles for them.  

- Valery Fedorovich Zaluzhnyi and I worked side by side during the most difficult times since the beginning of the Russian full-scale invasion, and even before. We worked as one team. I wish him success in his new and very responsible position.  

- I can confirm that the composition of the General Staff and other military command and control bodies will be updated with combat officers with extensive practical experience in combat operations, which they acquired on the fields of this war.  

- Today the process of rotation of military units on the front line has already been launched, which allows us to fully restore the combat effectiveness of not only equipment, but above all to ensure the rest and recovery of our military personnel. To ensure this process we need people. That is why I would like every person of military age in Ukraine to realize that it depends on his will and actions for Ukraine to survive.  

- Ukrainians continue to defend their country, in particular when returning from abroad. We have a lot of volunteers, and this is not an exaggeration. I am not saying that there are no problems, but I emphasize that we are doing everything to solve them.  

- We are currently reviewing the strength of certain units not participating in combat operations based on an audit of their activities. This allowed us to release thousands of troops and send them to combat units.  

- We withdrew our forces from Avdiivka because the enemy had a significant advantage in the forces and means of assault units. Due to constant bombardment by guided aerial bombs, the integrity of our defenses was compromised, which allowed the enemy to gradually advance forward. The insufficient amount of ammunition for our artillery also played a negative role. This did not allow effective counter-battery warfare under such conditions. To avoid encirclement and save people’s lives, I decided to leave Avdiivka.  

- We cannot ignore any information about the enemy's preparation for offensive actions, so we are taking all measures to adequately respond to such a possibility. Today we are carrying out a large complex of works on fortification equipment of territories and positions.  We already have experience in combat operations in the Kharkiv region, we managed to “calculate” the enemy and liberate a significant part of the Kharkiv region. At this time, a large-scale collapse of the Russian front occurred. If the Russians go there again, Kharkiv will become a fatal city for them.  

- We are very grateful to our Western allies, NATO countries, the European Union and other partners for their support. Without such support, without the supply of weapons, ammunition, air defense systems, and heavy equipment, it would be much more difficult for us to fight an insidious and powerful enemy. The latest case is Avdeevka. We would, of course, maintain these positions if we had a sufficient number, first of all, of air defense systems and artillery shells. This is not a complaint, but a statement of fact.  

- We can mention the rearmament of artillery units with the domestic 155-mm Bogdan cannon, while simultaneously equipping it with an automatic fire guidance system. Soon, we can expect that some samples of Western howitzers and domestic rifled mortars will be produced in Ukraine. Another good example is the restoration and overhaul of American-made M777 howitzers. We have established production of some of these parts here in Ukraine. In particular, when restoring each unit of this howitzer, 40 percent of the parts and spare parts manufactured for the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine at domestic enterprises are used.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Inverted, on fire and in a flat spin. Either of those conditions can be bad, depending on circumstances. Experiencing all 3 at once is usually pretty catastrophic.
View Quote

Amazing footage. When I first opened it up I thought it was a scene from Top Gun used as a prank. It does look like the canopy is "intact" meaning no ejection?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Not much traffic in this thread recently. What's up with that?

Solovyov is advocating for concealed carry.
Vladimir Solovyov complains Russia does not have enough men

Now, violent crime is predominately a cultural phenomenon. Knowing Russia's culture, what do you think will happen?

Same show, different clip. Duma member promoting population removal. Russians DGAF about any stinkin' Geneva Convention.
Andrey Lugovoy wants Kyiv and Kharkiv to be made unlivable

Solovyov again, wipe out Ukrainian cities. One makes the point that the Russian population are coming around to this way of thinking. So when people say 'don't take Solovyov seriously, he's just playing a role,' I that's wrong. He's the Goebbels to Putin's Hitler.
Vladimir Solovyov wants Kharkiv to be destroyed
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

View Quote

Man, that's crazy talk. Havnt you seen the Belarussian SF vids??!! Those dudes will do a backflip and destroy a NATO tank with a thrown shovel all without his cigarette going out...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Damage reports from the latest orc attacks on Ukraine energy systems?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#47]
NSFW.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJwTlXwWcAAfR8h?format=png&name=small

Russia has lost 1239 T-72s (visually confirmed by @WarSpotting) There are a lot of variants but they fit into 3 main groups; B3, B and Old (A & Ural). This month March the most modern B3s all modernised 2013 or later have become a lot less common. mostly displaces in the loss numbers by the older B variants, built or modified between 1984 and 2012. The very old/unmodernised are still rare among the losses. There have only been 26 T-72s lost in March, a small sample, so I am not calling this a trend yet but will be looking to see if it's repeated in April. 1/2
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJxkV_uWIAAyVCN?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJxmPxsXQAA57ow?format=png&name=large
View Quote

Tick tock, tick tock....
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#50]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJy7FC9XYAAcjD2?format=png&name=large
View Quote

They certainly put a nice spin on it. But it seems that all along the "plan" was to quickly pull out all US personnel and assist Ukraine gov't to surrender and flee. They grudgingly and very reluctantly crept back and started to help Ukraine only after Ukraine saved themselves. And now they are trying to say this was the plan...
Page / 5585
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5529 of 5585)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top