View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

Gayleb Williams

David Klingler
Jack Thompson
Akili Smith

Were all three of them gay?  Is it just a coincidence that all three were Bengals?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Were all three of them gay?  Is it just a coincidence that all three were Bengals?
View Quote

The death of Paul brown put the bengals in a state of turmoil for quite a few years. His son mike was not very good at the helm. Two of them probably should not have been drafted at all, much less where they were.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Legitimately would not be suprised if he drops out of the 1st round.

"Athletic" QB's don't have a great track record outside of Allen and Lamar.
View Quote

That's pretty broad. Hurts & Mahomes both fell in that category when they were drafted. Richardson's success is to be determined.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
That's UW, not the Commanders.
View Quote

There's that dry Belichick wit, we all know and love.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

lol

That guy smells like the biggest draft bust in history.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
IG: NFLmemes

"LGBTQB1"

lol

That guy smells like the biggest draft bust in history.

I don’t know about “in history,” but I have been saying for over a year that I haven’t had a stronger feeling that a presumptive #1 overall pick would be a bust since JaMarcus Russell.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Solid signing. Clowney still tends to wreak havoc in key moments.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, responding to the poor grade he received (F-) on the NFLPA 2nd Annual Player's Report Card, says he never promised the players a new locker room and that it was just a miscommunication.

"I have spoken to some of our veteran players about that, and they've confirmed to me that it was miscommunication. Certainly, I personally never said anything to them about a renovation of the locker room. It was a misunderstanding."

I'm sure this has nothing to do with Clark Hunt, and the Kansas City Royals, trying to extort the voters into approving the 3/8's cent sales tax initiative (vote next week) for another 50 years in order for them to commit to keeping the team local and updating the stadium and facilities.

Oh wait... It does.

"We're excited about the opportunity to extend (the stadium's lease) for 25 years. Arrowhead's been a great home. Even today, it's still one of the best stadiums in the NFL. We're very excited about the opportunity to modernize Arrowhead. If we're fortunate enough to have the vote pass, we'll turn our attention to the training facility."

If the vote passes, and they move forward with renovations, Hunt said the team's training facility could undergo a major renovation that would be completed by 2031, which is the last year of Mahomes' 12-year contract.

If voters don't approve an extension of the sales tax, Hunt said the Chiefs will consider alternative options, perhaps one that could lead the team to move to Kansas to build a new stadium and training facility.
View Quote

Same old threats, team is worth several Billions yet wants to the taxpayer to foot the bill. And they'll get it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

No, just three first round QB busts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Alembic:

Same old threats, team is worth several Billions yet wants to the taxpayer to foot the bill. And they'll get it.
View Quote

Kind of puts a damper on all sports for me. You want your name on a stadium? Build it and you can name it anything you want. Stop forcing the public to pay for billionaires and millionaires playgrounds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The Chiefs are signing a Welsh rugby dude that runs 4.4s as a RB/WR?

Speculation is this is directly related to the new kickoff rule and he’d be a new sort of ST guy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

Speculation is this is directly related to the new kickoff rule and he’d be a new sort of ST guy.
View Quote

Smart.

We'll probably see more of that type player featured on kickoffs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
RG to the rehabilitatin' rescue

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Just having some laughs here
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Requiem:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160729/1000029304_jpg-3171502.JPG

Just having some laughs here
View Quote

Tf
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJuZIZMWgAIoSrF?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

The future first “woman” to play in the NFL?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

View All Quotes

Are we forgetting Cam Newton?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

View All Quotes

Newton was more of a transvestite though.

I’m talking about a post-op tranny Williams.  If Williams did, he would eclipse even Kaepernick in terms of delusional media protection of his QB play.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

He is a stud.

Louis Rees-Zammit scores bangers only

The Bills brought in Christian Wade a few years ago.  He was a preseason stud but is older and ended up getting hurt and going back to rugby.

Former rugby superstar Christian Wade just scored a 65-yard TD on his first NFL touch!

Christian Wade highlights preseason week 2

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#19]

He is a stud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXg397hkug

The Bills brought in Christian Wade a few years ago.  He was a preseason stud but is older and ended up getting hurt and going back to rugby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1Pr-cENcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHDVQ1vaEM
View All Quotes

He is a stud.

What a weird and crazy sport.

They intentionally kick the ball out into open space and run to re-gain possession?

It's obvious he's fast as hell and has good instincts, but I'm wondering how much of that is going to translate when he's in pads and dudes 50+ pounds heavier than him are trying to make him pay for every yard.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#20]

They intentionally kick the ball out into open space and run to re-gain possession?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMzlmejZ5cXdvMWM0ajQ2MHYzdzIwZWd3Z3Fta3dzcjBtcGwyb3hydiZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjdD1n/dXiqK1HQbl2s4ofwmT/giphy.gif

It's obvious he's fast as hell and has good instincts, but I'm wondering how much of that is going to translate when he's in pads and dudes 50+ pounds heavier than him are trying to make him pay for every yard.
View Quote

How about rugby where hes not in pads, and still has dudes 50+ pounds heavier trying to make him pay for every meter?

Think Reid will scheme up a fake fumble for him to replicate what he did in rugby?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]

I don’t know about “in history,” but I have been saying for over a year that I haven’t had a stronger feeling that a presumptive #1 overall pick would be a bust since JaMarcus Russell.
View Quote

He's soft. Charmin soft. Hope his mother shows up for a shoulder to cry on...

Caleb Williams Emotional With Family After Losing to Washington ??
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
A little bit of pre-draft nerdery:

(Huge chart warning)
Click To View Spoiler

I don't know if this shows us much we didn't already know/guess, but it's interesting to see it visually.

The short version is, he's comparing where players were drafted to how much they were paid in their first real deal after their rookie contract. QBs are excluded because the position is so different.

In the first round, you probably want your team to be looking at DL -> OT -> CB -> and WR, and probably in that order. The surprise for me here is that IDL is so close to DE/EDGE. DE is considered a premium position and IDL is not.

The next thing is that the 3rd round stands out as a very clear sweet spot for TEs.

Meanwhile, most CBs taken after pick #50 don't seem to do well relative to the field. The value of the position drops off more.

There are some built-in biases here like players not hitting FA, and some players get overpaid because they were high draft picks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Laydown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXShDWFI5rU
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXShDWFI5rU

That would be bad enough if that was the National Championship.

It wasn’t the National Championship.

It was meaningless game in a season that was already over.

Williams is mentally weak AF, a diva, and a shit leader.   But he is talented so that, to some people, renders all those massive red flags irrelevant.  Time will tell.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMzlmejZ5cXdvMWM0ajQ2MHYzdzIwZWd3Z3Fta3dzcjBtcGwyb3hydiZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjdD1n/dXiqK1HQbl2s4ofwmT/giphy.gif

View All Quotes

He is a stud.

Kicking to open space is common and there is no blocking so he will have a lot to relearn.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#25]
A little bit of pre-draft nerdery:

(Huge chart warning)
Click To View Spoiler

I don't know if this shows us much we didn't already know/guess, but it's interesting to see it visually.

The short version is, he's comparing where players were drafted to how much they were paid in their first real deal after their rookie contract. QBs are excluded because the position is so different.

In the first round, you probably want your team to be looking at DL -> OT -> CB -> and WR, and probably in that order. The surprise for me here is that IDL is so close to DE/EDGE. DE is considered a premium position and IDL is not.

The next thing is that the 3rd round stands out as a very clear sweet spot for TEs.

Meanwhile, most CBs taken after pick #50 don't seem to do well relative to the field. The value of the position drops off more.

There are some built-in biases here like players not hitting FA, and some players get overpaid because they were high draft picks.
View Quote

Is there perhaps an Aaron Donald effect that is boosting the value of IDL?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]

I’m talking about a post-op tranny Williams.  If Williams did, he would eclipse even Kaepernick in terms of delusional media protection of his QB play.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#27]
BTW, since no one has said it yet. Happy 3-28 Day!

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#28]

For reference, Anthony Richardson ran a 4.43 at the combine last year (fastest) and Ridder ran a 4.52 at the 2022 (fastest). Only a couple QB's ran this year, most didn't, but 4.53 would be the fastest time for a QB this year (at the combine).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Williams is mentally weak AF, a diva, and a shit leader.   But he is talented so that, to some people, renders all those massive red flags irrelevant.  Time will tell.

View Quote

Meaningless? No, that was Washington at USC. A game that is never meaningless, if you follow the late great PAC. A opportunity for USC at home to deny Washington consideration to the CFP. And Williams showed what he was. Soft. Gutless.

I'd take the kid from LSU if I was the Bears. I don't really follow the SEC, but I doubt that any player who can start at QB for LSU is soft.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Meaningless? No, that was Washington at USC. A game that is never meaningless, if you follow the late great PAC. A opportunity for USC at home to deny Washington consideration to the CFP. And Williams showed what he was. Soft. Gutless.

I'd take the kid from LSU if I was the Bears. I don't really follow the SEC, but I doubt that any player who can start at QB for LSU is soft.
View Quote
If Chicago would trade down with Washington, get some extra draft picks, and then select Jayden Daniels...

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#31]
Via Front Office Sports: The NFL will auction off the media rights for the two Christmas day games this season.

"Sources with direct knowledge of the strategy" say the NFL will auction off the rights to the games. Bidding will likely start around $50M per game but is projected to go for far more. The auction will be open to all of the current NFL media partners: CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN-ABC and Amazon Prime.

Amazon paid $100M for the Black Friday game last season.
NBC paid $110M for the Peacock Wild Card game last season.
Amazon has paid $120M for a 2024 Wild Card game.

Former Packers executive, turned consultant, Andrew Brandt suggests the Christmas games may go for 20-25% more than last year's Black Friday game ($120-125M).

Former ESPN executive John Kosner believes the games will go for $75-100M a piece.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#32]
If Chicago would trade down with Washington, get some extra draft picks, and then select Jayden Daniels...

https://y.yarn.co/edbec410-1829-45ba-b3a4-9af29468b172_text.gif
View All Quotes

https://y.yarn.co/edbec410-1829-45ba-b3a4-9af29468b172_text.gif

Jayden Daniels is a stick figure who won't last three years in the NFL.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Daniels. Maye. McCarthy. I would take any of the 3, alongside additional draft picks, over taking Williams #1 overall. The trade Chicago did last year with Carolina paid off huge. Keep it rolling. Use the extra draft capital to firm up the center of the offensive line or pick up an edge rusher.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Daniels. Maye. McCarthy. I would take any of the 3, alongside additional draft picks, over taking Williams #1 overall. The trade Chicago did last year with Carolina paid off huge. Keep it rolling. Use the extra draft capital to firm up the center of the offensive line or pick up an edge rusher.
View All Quotes

Of all the QBs coming out this year, the only one I'd feel halfway comfortable with a team I cared about taking is Bo Nix.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
It's more amusing seeing the Bears ruin the career of a "Generational QB" than one of the guys picked after him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hamiltbl2] [#37]

Of all the QBs coming out this year, the only one I'd feel halfway comfortable with a team I cared about taking is Bo Nix.
View Quote

That would be a no for me. Not many QBs go five years in college and then blossom.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

When your goal is winning the National Championship (or at least make the playoffs) and you already have multiple loses that have eliminated you from making the playoffs then, yeah, losing a third game is meaningless.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#39]
3 victims getting started.

ETA;Dohh, wrong thread...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

My guess is most of the bonus is related to playing every game. Dudes health issues are becoming a constant. I wish him well in Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#41]

March 26:

This is very weird.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Wicked hook 63 yard field goal he made during one of the NFL International Player Pathway events: Twitter
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
They take on $20M in deadcap. He's due an additional $15.5M this year including a $1M roster bonus which is paid out on MONDAY. So they needed the deal done today to get out of giving him that last $1M.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#48]
via WIVB4 (Buffalo, NY): Poloncarz slams Buffalo Bills PSL process: ‘It’s wrong’

Personal seat licenses are a joke to begin with. Shady practice.

For those who never heard of them before, PSL's are something NFL teams sell to you if you want to purchase season tickets. The price changes depending on where in the stadium you want to buy seats. In many stadiums the cheapest license is around $1k (per seat) for upper deck nose bleeds. They quickly go up to $10-15k for lower bowl sections. Then as mentioned in the article they explode in the Club level seats to crazy amounts.

You then pay the cost of the season tickets every year after that. Most teams split the PSL cost over the first 5 years of your license ownership. If you decide you don't want to buy season tickets anymore, you can sell your license to another fan. If you fail to use the license for a single season, the license is revoked (no compensation) and then the team can sell it to a new fan.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#50]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJ3zip7WwAAIISI?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

Bro.

Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top