Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 45
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#1]
University of Albany, 6th year Senior AJ Simon, a late round pass rush draft prospect, who just visited the Patriots on a NFL 30 visit, died last night at the age of 25. Cause of death has not been announced.

Edit: "Found unresponsive on Tuesday night". No official cause of death, I'm assuming that is pending autopsy/toxicology.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
After wearing them in a few games last season, the Browns will do a full switch to white facemasks for 2024. They will also change the Browns signature helmet logo back to a white facemask (from black). The same logo was used from 92-95 and 99-05.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/f_auto/browns/bag2m0qp436takxzsfv4
View Quote

Better look (and a throwback)...still hard to polish the turd Brown.

My high school colors were brown and gold, so I know something about that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:17:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#5]

Edit: Lions responded with a couple video Tweets

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Via PFT : Rapid concussion blood test gets FDA approval, could be used on sidelines in future

A blood test designed to aid in the rapid diagnosis of concussions has gained FDA approval.

The i-STAT Alinity test can detect two proteins released into the blood when someone suffers a concussion and, per statistics from its developer Abbott, has a 95.6 percent rate of ruling out concussions if the test is conducted within 24 hours of the injury. The test is faster than the existing i-STAT TBI test, which requires blood serum and the use of a centrifuge to process results.

Dr. David Okonkwo, a University of Pittsburgh professor and the Steelers' team neurologist, helped lead the development team of the test and said it could be used during NFL games and other sporting events after further research.

"The nature of the studies performed to gain FDA clearance for these tests were done in patients brought to level one trauma centers," Dr. Okonkwo said, via Abby Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "We have every reason to believe there is significant overlap with the injuries to athletes who sustain a concussion, but we need to do studies specifically in that patient population to confirm that use."

Abbott expects the test to be available in emergency rooms and urgent care centers this summer.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLc-6a1XMAAN5Fv?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLc-67LXsAAZXvk?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

Holy hell that's Goff? He looks like a cancer patient.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Already mentioned the Texans will have 4 jerseys and 3 helmets this year. With one jersey being an "H-Town" tribute jersey designed by former players.

Is this a leak of the 3rd helmet style to match the H-Town jersey?

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#9]
Darius Slayton skipping Giants off-season workouts while seeking new deal.

Courtland Sutton skipping Broncos off-season workouts while seeking new deal.

Ceedee Lamb skipping Cowboys off-season workouts while seeking new deal.

Justin Jefferson skipping Vikings off-season workouts while seeking new deal.

#JustWRThings
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Walt Anderson is stepping down from his position as Senior VP of Officiating.

One source stated that his departure takes effect May 1. Anderson will apparently remain in the officiating department overseeing replay operations, however there are indications that his exact role going forward is not finalized.

He was the 5th person to hold that position since 2010. Has long been characterized as a job that no one wants. His son is about to become a league official (up from the Big 12) so that also may have played into it.

The NFL has listed the position internally for a replacement. Referee Bill Vinovich and Side Judge Eugen Hall are expected to be up for consideration.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#11]

Edit: Here are the WR's some of the mocks are predicting for the Bills who hold the 28th pick overall.

Bleacher Report: Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
CBS Sports: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
ESPN: Brian Thomas, WR, LSU
NFL.com: Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
PFF: Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
USA Today: Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

Soooo... Throw a dart at the board. Whichever best WR is left at 28.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#12]
See if any team/s pick any of them up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Already mentioned the Texans will have 4 jerseys and 3 helmets this year. With one jersey being an "H-Town" tribute jersey designed by former players.

Is this a leak of the 3rd helmet style to match the H-Town jersey?

https://i.imgur.com/J2TuoSb.png
View Quote

That is one of the ugliest NFL helmets I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#14]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

View Quote
Makes me wonder how bad the jersey is going to be to match it.

Edit: Very controversial over on r/Texans. Seems to be about 50/50. Some of the comments I enjoyed:Click To View SpoilerIt also feels weird that they are jacking the Titans colors. The same light blue, dark blue and red combo. The way they split the text right down the middle with the two different blues... Feels like an odd choice to make considering the history/bad blood.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#15]
NFL League Office statement: Following a review, the NFL concluded there was insufficient evidence to support a finding that Zay Flowers engaged in any activity that violated the NFL's personal conduct policy. There will be no action taken by the league and Flowers remains eligible to participate in all team activities.

In regard to an alleged domestic violence incident in January that became news in February.

There was a 911 call which contained a woman crying but then stated there was no emergency. The same woman then went to a police department a couple days later and stated she was bruised from an assault but she was hesitant to provide more information because the person involved was a "high profile NFL player".

She never named Flowers but police identified him as the suspect based on the woman and social media evidence. She had stated his brother also pulled out a gun during the incident.

As she refused to name the suspect, declined to press charges, and refused to file an official report, there were no charges filed and the investigation was suspended.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Walt Anderson is stepping down from his position as Senior VP of Officiating.

One source stated that his departure takes effect May 1. Anderson will apparently remain in the officiating department overseeing replay operations, however there are indications that his exact role going forward is not finalized.

He was the 5th person to hold that position since 2010. Has long been characterized as a job that no one wants. His son is about to become a league official (up from the Big 12) so that also may have played into it.

The NFL has listed the position internally for a replacement. Referee Bill Vinovich and Side Judge Eugen Hall are expected to be up for consideration.
View Quote
And just 15 minutes ago, from NFL Football Operations: NFL WELCOMES FIVE NEW OFFICIALS FOR 2024 SEASON

The National Football League is pleased to announce the addition of five new officials to its roster for the 2024 season:
  • Derek Anderson - Line of Scrimmage
  • Jeff Hutcheon - Line of Scrimmage
  • Brian Perry - Line of Scrimmage
  • Robert Richeson - Line of Scrimmage
  • Karina Tovar - Downfield
And Walt's announcement of his transition out of his current role in relation to it:

"Our entire family is very proud of Derek's outstanding career as a college football official. We are excited to see him have the opportunity to contribute as an official at the NFL level. With Derek's promotion, I expect to begin the process of transitioning to a new role as an NFL Rules Analyst & Club Communications Liaison, where I will focus on communicating with the clubs during the week and with our broadcast partners on gamedays. While I will no longer be making officiating decisions, together with a variety of stakeholders I will continue to look for new and better ways to promote excellence in officiating performance. I welcome this challenge and look forward to the opportunity to support the men and women who do such a tremendous job officiating our game at every level."
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

Saw an article today where Kraft 'warned' the Falcons about Bill. Thought that was pretty shitty of Kraft.
View Quote
Via ESPN: Kraft delivered a stark assessment of Belichick's character, according to a source who spoke to two people: a close Kraft friend and a longtime Belichick confidant. The source quoted the Belichick source as saying, "Robert called Arthur to warn him not to trust Bill." That account was backed up, the source said, by the close Kraft friend.

Multiple sources said that Kraft spoke with "some candor" to Blank about Belichick, though the sources declined to elaborate. One source close to Belichick said Kraft "was a big part" of why the Falcons passed on hiring him.

A source close to Kraft told ESPN "[Kraft] found Bill to be extremely difficult and obstinate and kind of stubborn and, in the end, not worthy of his trust. And also very, very, very arrogant." A spokesperson for Kraft denied to ESPN that the Patriots owner said anything negative about Belichick during his conversations with Blank.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#19]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLc-6a1XMAAN5Fv?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLc-67LXsAAZXvk?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

Generic, but that’s a good thing for them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#20]
@Hunter-Killer Found you some coffee

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I am still thinking its a joke....waiting to see them actually wear it before i believe it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/50933762-94de-4847-8494-4b4ca764151e.png
View Quote

Hmmm, probably going to leave a bad taste in your mouth at the end.
Just like at the end of the football season.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Carnivore.

Besides, everyone knows the Bills are America’s Team.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Replacing Mike Williams and Keenan Allen with Chark...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Replacing Mike Williams and Keenan Allen with Chark...
View Quote

Getting Nabers or Harrison AND Chark with Palmer would be a scary passing offense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JThompson:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JThompson:

The company I work for is based out of Green Bay, and I had a round table meeting with the HR manager a couple days ago. We were doing the introduction thing & he says he’s a massive Cowboys fan despite living & working in GB and says something like “ok, now let me hear the hate.”

I just said “nah, you've felt enough pain since the mid 90’s” and he just sat there looking like he was reliving it all

Now I know why I’ll be in the first round of layoffs…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#27]
Bill Tobin, former player for the Houston Oilers and Edmonton Eskimos, former General Manager of the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts, has passed away at the age of 83.

His son Duke Tobin has been the Director of Player Personnel for the Bengals for the last 25 years. Bill joined his son working as a scout for the Bengals Personnel Dept for the last 20 years.

He drafted 8 Pro Football Hall of Famers during his GM years including Walter Payton and 5 other Bears players related to the 1985 team.

"He was a true NFL success story," said Bengals President Mike Brown. "He was a good person and I considered him a good friend. With Bill, I respected everything he said. I just took it as a given. He had an eye for players and what they would develop into. If he said the guy was a good player, then he was a good player; that's all I would need to know. We will miss him."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Adam Schefter, stirring the pot on Pat's show.

"It has been tracking for Jayden Daniels to go at number two. ... It feels like Jayden Daniels has an interest in being other places ... We'll see what the Washington Commanders do with that information."

First it was Caleb Williams doesn't want to go to Chicago, now it is Jayden Daniels doesn't want to go to Washington.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#29]
Edit: Via The Athletic: The Pegulas are putting a chunk of the Buffalo Bills up for sale.

The Bills confirmed to The Athletic that owner Terry Pegula has hired Florida-based investment bankers Allen & Company to handle the potential transaction but declined to say how much of the team is being sold. A source briefed on the discussions said the working figure is 25 percent, with the number not set in stone.

"The Pegula family has retained Allen & Company to explore the potential sale of a non-controlling, minority interest in the Bills," the team said Friday in a statement. "These discussions only involve the Bills and no other team." No investment would be possible without Terry Pegula and the Pegula family maintaining a controlling interest in the team. Their continued commitment to Western New York, the new Highmark Stadium, our fans and the other teams in their portfolio remains unchanged.

"Neither the team nor the Pegula family are able to comment further at this point."

Three sources with direct knowledge of the process stressed Pegula eventually might not sell part of the Bills, but for the first time, he's ready to welcome a limited partner.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#30]
Adam Schefter, stirring the pot on Pat's show.

"It has been tracking for Jayden Daniels to go at number two. ... It feels like Jayden Daniels has an interest in being other places ... We'll see what the Washington Commanders do with that information."

First it was Caleb Williams doesn't want to go to Chicago, now it is Jayden Daniels doesn't want to go to Washington.
View Quote

I can see not wanting to go to either team and the Pats.  

If I'm Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy I'm praying that the Vikings pick me up at 3, 4 or 5.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#31]
Edit: Via The Athletic: The Pegulas are putting a chunk of the Buffalo Bills up for sale.

The Bills confirmed to The Athletic that owner Terry Pegula has hired Florida-based investment bankers Allen & Company to handle the potential transaction but declined to say how much of the team is being sold. A source briefed on the discussions said the working figure is 25 percent, with the number not set in stone.

"The Pegula family has retained Allen & Company to explore the potential sale of a non-controlling, minority interest in the Bills," the team said Friday in a statement. "These discussions only involve the Bills and no other team." No investment would be possible without Terry Pegula and the Pegula family maintaining a controlling interest in the team. Their continued commitment to Western New York, the new Highmark Stadium, our fans and the other teams in their portfolio remains unchanged.

"Neither the team nor the Pegula family are able to comment further at this point."

Three sources with direct knowledge of the process stressed Pegula eventually might not sell part of the Bills, but for the first time, he's ready to welcome a limited partner.

View Quote

And the company is conveniently named Allen
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#32]
The Bills were the 30th most valuable team in the 2023 Forbes estimations. $3.7B, only above the Lions ($3.6B) and the Bengals ($3.5B). Just below the Cardinals ($3.8B) and the Jaguars ($4.0B).

The sale price will certainly be above valuation, as both the Broncos and Commanders sales showed us, but as a baseline, 25% of $3.7B is $925M. So I would expect Pegula to net over $1B for that 25%.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:53:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#33]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

I can see not wanting to go to either team and the Pats.  
View Quote
Schefter followed it up on ESPN saying Jayden's visit with Washington, "didn't seem to go over too well with his agent who sounded off on social media that he didn't seem particularly pleased with the process. Daniels thought it would be a visit for just him, but Washington essentially opened up the process."

Jayden's agent has apparently been liking anti-Commander social media posts and has made it sound like they are pissed that Jayden had to visit the Commanders alongside all the other QB prospects, and didn't like how Adam Peters took all the prospects to Top Golf to see their competitive sides against each other, and that Jayden should have already been locked in as the unquestionable 2nd pick, not up for further testing/evaluation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#34]

And the company is conveniently named Alled
View Quote

Well, Allen, so we knew where you might be going with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Alembic:

View All Quotes

And the company is conveniently named Alled

Fat fingered it. Was on a work conference call and they were interrupting my Arf time

Edited to fix
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Schefter followed it up on ESPN saying Jayden's visit with Washington, "didn't seem to go over too well with his agent who sounded off on social media that he didn't seem particularly pleased with the process. Daniels thought it would be a visit for just him, but Washington essentially opened up the process."

Jayden's agent has apparently been liking anti-Commander social media posts and has made it sound like they are pissed that Jayden had to visit the Commanders alongside all the other QB prospects, and didn't like how Adam Peters took all the prospects to Top Golf to see their competitive sides against each other, and that Jayden should have already been locked in as the unquestionable 2nd pick, not up for further testing/evaluation.
View Quote

IMO, that was strange, and perhaps not as productive, bringing in 4 top QB prospects on the same visit. Their new ownership is new to NFL protocol?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Fat fingered it. Was on a work conference call and they were interrupting my Arf time

Edited to fix
View Quote

How dare they?!

Just for that, I'd leave earlier than usual.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#38]

IMO, that was strange, and perhaps not as productive, bringing in 4 top QB prospects on the same visit. Their new ownership is new to NFL protocol?
View Quote
New GM Adam Peters says it was a technique he learned with the 49ers (John Lynch). However, he probably took it too far. The Commanders hosted 20 draft prospects across Tuesday and Wednesday and took them on visits/group activities. Probably something that would be okay to do with your prospects for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc round picks... But when you are picking 2nd overall, probably a bad idea. Especially with all the QB prospects together.

You only get 30 visits, and it is time restricted. You should probably use those visits to their utmost potential. Florio actually had a good comment about it, saying the group activities diluted the team's ability to evaluate each prospect individually.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#39]

How dare they?!

View All Quotes

Edited to fix

How dare they?!

I did

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#40]

AB at it again

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Caleb Williams interviewing with The Pivot Podcast, "I want to play at one place for 20 years, and chase one guy - No. 12. I want a place that loves ball. That's all I've heard about Chicago so far."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#42]
New GM Adam Peters says it was a technique he learned with the 49ers (John Lynch). However, he probably took it too far. The Commanders hosted 20 draft prospects across Tuesday and Wednesday and took them on visits/group activities. Probably something that would be okay to do with your prospects for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc round picks... But when you are picking 2nd overall, probably a bad idea. Especially with all the QB prospects together.

You only get 30 visits, and it is time restricted. You should probably use those visits to their utmost potential. Florio actually had a good comment about it, saying the group activities diluted the team's ability to evaluate each prospect individually.
View Quote

I agree, there's a lot of nuance you can assess as far as the best fit and will set the trajectory for the franchise, but hard to see without enough time one-on-one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#43]

AB at it again

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLevN0mWsAEseIw?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

He would actually be better than Kumala.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

I’ve loosely followed this and don’t really know what to make of it. Someone said the Pats did this a lot, too.

Imho the skins will pick Daniels or Maye, and I feel whoever they pick will bust and other will have a great career. 🤡

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Caleb Williams interviewing with The Pivot Podcast, "I want to play at one place for 20 years, and chase one guy - No. 12. I want a place that loves ball. That's all I've heard about Chicago so far."
View Quote

Hasn’t even played in an NFL game yet and he’s talking about chasing down Tom Brady.

I’d be willing to wager he ends his NFL career with fewer postseason TDs than Brady has Super Bowl rings.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Hasn’t even played in an NFL game yet and he’s talking about chasing down Tom Brady.

I’d be willing to wager he ends his NFL career with fewer postseason TDs than Brady has Super Bowl rings.
View Quote

I wouldn't be shocked if Chicago has the #1 pick in 3 years and the new coach and GM are trying to decide which top QB prospect to ruin

As long as Chicago and Washington are in the NFC, Dallas won't be the absolute worst shit show.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#47]

AB at it again

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLevN0mWsAEseIw?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

He posted this one the other day

AB has turned into a meme lord.  Who knew?

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLNfmlBXEAAi03o?format=png&name=small
View Quote

I still say that Burfict hit on him scrambled his eggs beyond what he could recover completely from. It's a crying shame, too, because he was really really close to completing an "all-time" career. Dude was absolutely beastly at the WR game. Many people still have no idea just how dominant he was for as long as he was.

To think he got to play with Tom Brady in both NE and Tampa and flamed out both times. I still contend that if he had played his cards straight while in NE, he'd have two rings instead of one and Brady would have eight rings instead of seven. Remember, the Patriots started that year 8-0 and had a monster defense that was setting records left and right. When AB got shown the door, it was the end of the Patriots being legitimate contenders.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

I still say that Burfict hit on him scrambled his eggs beyond what he could recover completely from. It's a crying shame, too, because he was really really close to completing an "all-time" career. Dude was absolutely beastly at the WR game. Many people still have no idea just how dominant he was for as long as he was.

To think he got to play with Tom Brady in both NE and Tampa and flamed out both times. I still contend that if he had played his cards straight while in NE, he'd have two rings instead of one and Brady would have eight rings instead of seven. Remember, the Patriots started that year 8-0 and had a monster defense that was setting records left and right. When AB got shown the door, it was the end of the Patriots being legitimate contenders.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLNfmlBXEAAi03o?format=png&name=small

at his peak, he was arguabley the best in the league. him and Julio were 1 and 1A, but two completely different recievers. Julio broke down physically and AB broke down mentally.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I’ll disagree. He had two great seasons after that hit. But then he hit 30 and it went downhill fast. Father Time is still undefeated.
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top