Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Fried bologna, eggs, hashbrown patties, bacon, and cinnamon rolls made on a Blackstone in a duck blind. They hit different there compared to home.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
"Morning Special"

When I was at Camp Humphries, Korea back in the Army days, this American civilian ran a restaurant right off base.

He had a thing called morning special, which was sticky white rice with a couple of fried eggs, some chopped up sausage, and a couple of slices of American cheese on top. You just kind of mix it together and try to get a bit of everything in each bite.

Soooo good...

I make it all the time. I use good shredded cheese instead of the American but otherwise it's the same as the original.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Eggs and chorizo, refried beans and hash browns served with flour tortillas. Big cup of hot black coffee. Doesn't get any better for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:49:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SchizoPathica] [#4]
No pics, sorry but,

The Sunday brunch at Mere Bulles in Brentwood, TN.

Fucking exquisite.  It's worth it for the she crab bisque and prime rib alone, much less the rest of the plethora.

Omelets, crepes, southern fried chicken, crem brulee french toast, they got all that shit and much much more.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
All I know is I’m happy to see you posting.
May the Lord Bless you and yours.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By adavis:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adavis:
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Fuck the bullshit, and god bless you.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I love pancakes. Best I've ever had believe it or not are the pancakes at Cracker Barrel. You can tell they butter their griddle before the drop the batter.

Love it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
If eating out, Steak, 3 or 4 Eggs over Medium, Hash Browns, Grits, Tobasco and a cup of Black coffee.

We just made a batch of homemade Breakfast Taco's yesterday and had 7 X 2 Pint Containers left over:
24 Eggs scrambled
2 X good sized Onions diced
Small Can of Chili's
1/3 Cup diced Jalepeno's
3 Baked Potato's
1 lb regular Pork Sausage
1 lb Spicy Port Sausage
1/2 lb Bacon
4 Cups Grated Cheese
Green Verde Sauce
Home Made Tortillas - We like 3 parts Corn Masa to 1 part Flour Masa and cook them on the Griddle.  Made about 2 dozen or so.

Cooked all the meats
Then browned Onions and Peppers
Cook scrambled Eggs
Mash up the Potatoes
Pile everything in the big bowl and mix
Put some on Tortilla and cook on Flat Griddle.  
Have some extra filling on the side to eat with the Breakfast Taco
Optional - have Blackberry jam and can put a little on / with the Taco.  It's actually pretty good.  But I don't usually sweeten mine...

This thread is making me hungry
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]
OST. I'll be back Sunday with pics.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#10]
About a month ago went up to Oklahoma to visit my mother, had pretty close to the same thing the OP did. Biscuits, gravy, bacon, hashbrowns, and over easy eggs and black coffee. Mom’s 82 years old and been cooking since she was 10, So when mom cooks I eat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#11]
This is one of my local Go-To's at a crepe place. It is always so good!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Brennan's in New Orleans a few months ago.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:46:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Full English.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:57:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Making a breakfast scramble at home.

Shredded potatoes, eggs, quality sausage, onions, fresh garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, truffle hot sauce from Costco.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#14]
This is the most memorable, last month, shrimp and grits in New Orleans. It was at a little diner I didn't even want to go to, but we were hungry and it was close by:
Attachment Attached File

I broke that biscuit up and mixed it in with those buttery grits. Holy shit.

I ate shrimp and grits almost daily while I was there but this place was actually the best. Again, I didn't even want to eat there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to tag this and update it in two days.

The buffet at the hotel I'm about to stay at is pretty mind blowing
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

Home made sourdough bagels, two fried eggs, three strips of bacon.

Toast bagel, cook eggs and bacon then assemble with a slice of cheese.
Put under broiler till cheese gets bubbly and add some avocado.

Take some planning but when I make bagels, there is usually plans for a bagle breakfast sandwich
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#17]
My Eggs Benedict is untouchable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jagdterrier] [#19]
ETA: Just had one this morning. $6.19 before tax, just for the sandwich.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Attachment Attached File

Lots of breakfast pron in this thread. Also much wailing nashing of teeth over OPs pic
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-How-do-you-like-my-full-breakfast-/5-2298880/?page=1
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#21]
"THE PILE" in a restaurant somewhere on I90 in South Dakota.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:45:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#22]
Generic breakfast done perfectly, which is not easy to do.  Requires perfect temps and timing.  Usually at least one item disappoints.  But when I nail it...

- Three sunny-side up eggs, fried in butter atop onions and chili crisp.  Eggs have a slight crisp on the bottom, but the whites are not rubbery.  A viscous yolk that can't decide whether it wants to go or stay.

- Yukon Gold fingerling potatoes, boiled for 8 minutes, sliced 1/4" thick, tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, then air-fried to a crispy brown.

- Thick-cut bacon, fried to that perfect crispy but not crumbly doneness.  Or corned beef hash.

- Publix Rye toast with good unsalted butter.  Substitute Publix Multi-Grain Italian if I'm feeling frisky.  If you don't know, Publix bakery rocks.

- Fresh ground coffee, heavy cream and a (gasp!) a little Coffe-Mate floavor of the week, usally Hazelnut, but I've got 'Waffles & Maple Syrup' flavor in the fridge.  It's actually pretty tasty.

My heart isn't happy, but my taste buds are.  I try to limit that to once a week.  It's a Belvita Breakfast Bar most every other day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:00:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kfs35] [#24]
Eggs Papi at the Breakfast Bar in Long Beach CA.

It’s basically eggs Benedict on their sourdough with a spicy Hollandaise and a potato pancake on the side. Sometime I add a side of candied bacon.

I try to pick up trips just so I can get breakfast there.

Attachment Attached File

My wife has been able to almost duplicate it. But not quite…
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I don’t think I ate breakfast once in the past year. These pics make me remember how much I miss it
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice to see ya!

I love a good breakfast.

Sausage gravy on biscuits with poached eggs is my jam.   Last batch was with homemade breakfast sausage I ground and seasoned, this was the leftovers from when I made big 25-30mm breakfast links.  A nice fat diner style link sausage.  

A good Eggs Benedict is also delicious but I seldom make it at home anymore.  

Now one of my all time favorite breakfasts?  Steak and eggs.  I seem to have it more because as I age I seem to eat less for dinner so when I have steak for dinner, I’ll cut it in half before cooking and cook just a half.  The other half is for breakfast.  A well seasoned steak with salt and pepper, still at least medium rare and two fried eggs and toast and black coffee,  

Today will be bacon and eggs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By sparky923:
May the Lord Bless you and yours.
View Quote

+1

My perfect breakfast is similar to OP's.

I use bacon grease to make the gravy so it's a little sweeter. Sausage chunks added. Two over medium eggs fried in a very hot cast iron skillet so they get the toasted, lacey edges, on one split buttermilk fresh ground whole wheat biscuit, covered with the gravy.

I can take or leave the hot sauce. And black coffee is always a given.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#28]
1. Wife's blueberry Dutch baby with link sausage and maple syrup.

2. Wife's regular Dutch baby with link sausage and maple syrup.

3. Wife's creme brulee french toast.

If she's working, I usually make a double cheeseburger for breakfast or occasionally Costco gyro meat strips pan fried with good blueberry preserves to dip them in.

For restaurants, it's hard to beat Cracker Barrel chicken fried steak, over medium eggs with a two pancake side.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:37:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ToledoXJ] [#29]
I like a proper American breakfast. BandG eggs etc but visiting my son after not seeing him for 7 months and taking a side trip to Tokoname in the rain we stumbled on this little bakery. We were cold and starving and it smelled so good I bought 3 of everything they were selling. When done. I bought more to take back for his apartment and our hotel.

Japanese make the best baked goods I’ve ever had and sharing it it with my family made it all taste even better

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I’d catch a flight for this melon pan right now.

2nd best was this after not having a proper American breakfast after 14 days. 2am and my wife and I had skipped all the shitty airplane food

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Made this last month.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Try the Bobcat Breakfast in Bozeman at the Western Cafe. Or when in Laurel MT, the Rancher skillet at Cracked Egg. Can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Had this at an Irish B&B. At this point of the trip I’d grown tired of eggs and sausage.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Eggs Benny of course.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:23:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zen_grasshopper] [#35]
Jalapeno, habanero, Spam chunks, bell pepper, onion, garlic, spinach and mushrooms all sautéed. On top of basmati rice, and 6 fried eggs on top with some Pain is Good Extreme hot sauce and S&P.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I've had this one plenty of times at home, especially in cold weather:

French Crepes with powered sugar and Nutella or lingonberry preserves
Peppered bacon
Orange slices
Latte Macchiato or Coffee from the Tier 1 Jura Automatic, fortified with Bailey's Irish Cream

Favorite WWII movie or F1 race on the bigscreen.

Contentment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FS7:
I love breakfast food. A connoisseur even. I always try to eat a good breakfast whenever I can.

At some point last year I was extraordinarily hungry, and I don't usually eat a big breakfast for myself. But I decided to make one. Bacon, eggs, and home fries. It was amazing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/267086/1000000281_jpg-3192888.JPG
View Quote

That looks like a really good breakfast with properly cooked bacon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:01:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nhsport] [#39]
It is not just the food.

Sunday morning breakfast at the gun club.
We take turns cooking and cleaning up .

Cheesy scrambled or fried to order
Bacon and sausage
Semi crispy hash browns
Pancakes or waffles
2 or 3 types of bread (make your own toast)

20 or 30 good friends , some with their wife's

3 or 4 dogs running around begging for bacon

4 or 5 grandkids playing with the dogs.

Couple of benches out front in the sun or around back in the shade  (depending on the weather) , smoke them if you have them

Good friends , good food, good times
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Ewwww….beans and juicy fish?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Pretty much anywhere in Italy
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Breakfast burrito at some place at Mandalay Bay a few days ago. $23 but it was amazing and a lot more than I was expecting. The waitress was terrible, however.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mardoc] [#43]
About this time last year for 4 days at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Scottish breakfast

Haggis
Black (Blood) Pudding
Eggs
Lorne (Square) Sausage
Kippers and Smokies (Sausages)
Ham
Bacon
Croissants
Muffins
Fruit
Fried tomatoes
Mushrooms
Tattie Scones
Toast
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Scrambled eggs with cheese done to my preference (hard, not runny) drizzled with homemade salsa.

Roasted potato wedges

Two small rounds of fresh pork sausage patties.

Couple pieces of toast.

*chef’s kiss*
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#45]
During my flight training I flew a Piper Warrior to Apron Cafe at Hammonton Municipal Airport (N81). Best breakfast I've had in a long time.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neogirevik1] [#46]
Papa Bears stuffed hashbrowns in Muskegon MI. A giant hashbrown stuffed with eggs, cheese, and sausage. Really, really awesome.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
Probably oatmeal and instant coffee while sitting here:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/1000008010_jpg-3192948.JPG
View Quote
@Caboose314  where is that.  That's a place I need to visit.  Absolutely beautiful
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:33:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bud] [#48]
I rarely splurge on unhealthy stuff, but had been duck hunting and was hungry.

Chicken fried steak and scrambled eggs with hash browns, all covered in cream gravy with a fresh biscuit.

https://cdn.ta-petro.com/media/b0wppoxf/country-pride-menu-4-17-2024.pdf
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Fuck the bullshit, and god bless you.
View Quote

Agreed.  Good to see op.

Perhaps we will see some new threads on ridiculous military matchups soon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#50]
2 eggs over easy on top of hashbrowns with cheddar, link sausage cut up, tomato, onion, & bacon chunks
Called the "hungry man"
My dad like 2 over easy with pancakes & sausage. He would slide the eggs between the pancakes. Use his knife to
slice through the cakes to release the yolk before he added syrup
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top