Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/26/2024 11:39:56 AM EDT

https://www.abc4.com/news/southern-utah/karen-in-viral-video-facing-sexual-battery-charge-for-pulling-down-teens-skirt-in-utah-restaurant/

ST. GEORGE, Utah (ABC4) — In a TikTok video that went viral this week, a woman who describes herself as a Utah state employee can be seen justifying pulling down a teenager’s mini skirt in the lobby of a St. George restaurant. While she threatened to call authorities on the teenager, she is now the one facing criminal charges.

In the video recorded Saturday night inside Sakura Japanese Steakhouse, Ida Ann Lorenzo reprimands the teenager, telling her that if she has to watch the teen’s “a** cheeks hanging out again,” she’ll call Child Protective Services. She later complained to police that video of the confrontation posted across various social media platforms labeled her a “Karen.”

Lorenzo, 48, is charged with sexual battery. Documents filed Wednesday in 5th District Court show Lorenzo, of Santa Clara, is facing a single count of the Class A misdemeanor charge. She was booked into jail, but has since been released.

According to a statement of probable cause, Lorenzo reported the incident herself the night it happened, telling dispatch that the teenager had her skirt “hiked above her vagina and butt,” exposing her pubic hair. Because restaurant staff and parents didn’t act, Lorenzo said she took it upon herself to pull the teen’s skirt down, as young children were present.

Later that night she called 911 again, this time saying that a video of the aftermath was posted online, along with her name, insinuating that she committed a crime that was sexual in nature. Lorenzo explained that because she holds a position with the state, she felt this was a “threat on her life,” the police report states.

In an interview with a St. George police officer Sunday, Lorenzo said that when she pulled down the teenager’s skirt, the girl whom she believed to be a minor ignored her, so she threatened to call Child Protective Services to file an indecent exposure report. This is consistent with what appears in the viral video, in which the victim is described as a 19-year-old.

The police officer asked Lorenzo why she thought it was appropriate to touch another person. She responded saying that she only touched the girl’s skirt. To this, the officer said that such an act was still criminal behavior and not appropriate, the police report states.

On TikTok, the initial video of the aftermath has received nearly 2 million views, and police noted that the footage “clearly showed [Lorenzo] approaching the females,” touching them, and threatening to call authorities.

On Monday, the teenager whose skirt was pulled down called police, saying she was sexually assaulted. She told investigators that Lorenzo came up behind her without warning, touched her buttocks, and pulled down her skirt. The incident left her feeling “startled” and “violated,” the police report states. Several witnesses also filed similar reports with police.

The teenager provided police with video of herself in the skirt that night, and she explained that she was wearing underwear and that it would have been impossible for her pubic hair to have been exposed, as Lorenzo claimed.

Before Lorenzo was arrested, she denied touching the teen’s skin, and she repeated that she thought the teen was nude underneath the skirt, the police report states. The officer told Lorenzo that even if the teen was naked under the skirt, her actions still meet the criminal elements of sexual battery. She was booked Wednesday into the Purgatory Correctional Facility in Hurricane.

Videos on social media related to the incident said Lorenzo’s social media profiles said she worked for Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes. ABC4 has reached out to Reyes’ office to verify if Lorenzo holds a position there, but the station has yet to hear back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
She should have got knocked the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Crazy Mormon Karen called police not once but TWICE on herself.

Someone should have watched the never talk to police lawyer…
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
she's just big mad that no one wants to enter her love cave anymore
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]
pics of 19 year old in short skirt?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:46:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#5]
Karens be crazy, yo!

The teenager provided police with video of herself in the skirt that night, and she explained that she was wearing underwear and that it would have been impossible for her pubic hair to have been exposed, as Lorenzo claimed.
View Quote

Am I the only one who read this and gets the impression there isn't much, if any, pubic hair to be seen?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Attacks woman. Video posted online. Calls police to complain that video of her attack makes her fear for her life.

And I thought MD was filled with geniuses like this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:47:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRealBluedog] [#7]
I don’t believe for one second that a teenage girl was wearing a skirt so short, she could see her butt cheeks and her pubic hair.

Women and girls wear shorts so short, you can see a hint of their butt cheeks, but that’s normal. I think this woman is deliberately lying to justify her behavior. That being said, she should’ve been charged with battery, not sexual battery. It’s not like she was molesting the girl. She was just slut, shaming her.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Your home turf.  You retained yet?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 80085:

She later complained to police that video of the confrontation posted across various social media platforms labeled her a "Karen."

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Sakura is pretty good. Never saw any excitement like this.
View Quote

They’re about too get a lot more business.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
View Quote

Yep, if that was my daughter she assaulted id of beat that bitch unconscious.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#14]
A good enough attorney might be able to make a case that she can't stand trial because she's mentally incompetent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TexasOutdoorsman:
View Quote

Think we only see her friends in the video and only the follow up squawking. Judging by the friends skirts if one of them was singled out her cheeks and undies were probably showing a little or something.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Sakura is pretty good. Never saw any excitement like this.
View Quote

Santa Clara is nice too.

So, if the girls pubes were showing, I am sure the St George cops would have arrested her too. Had a nice USAF officer I had the pleasure to talk to last year that found out she is a sex offender due to some St George cop citing her for skinny dipping. The UT law screwed this poor girl.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
I don't believe for one second that a teenage girl was wearing a skirt so short, she could see her butt cheeks and her pubic hair.

Women and girls wear shorts so short, you can see a hint of their butt cheeks, but that's normal. I think this woman is deliberately lying to justify her behavior. That being said, she should've been charged with battery, not sexual battery. It's not like she was molesting the girl. She was just slut, shaming her.
View Quote
Slut shaming is calling names, writing bad things, etc. Attacking a person physically is way beyond that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
View Quote

This. I'll regulate my daughter's clothes myself. Any stranger who tries that...oddly, "knocked the fuck out" were EXACTLY the words that came to mind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Think we only see her friends in the video and only the follow up squawking. Judging by the friends skirts if one of them was singled out her cheeks and undies were probably showing a little or something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:
Originally Posted By TexasOutdoorsman:

yeah, her friends are hot - i need to make sure i get my own opinion of whether or not anything was visible or if the skirt was too short.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Santa Clara is nice too.

So, if the girls pubes were showing, I am sure the St George cops would have arrested her too. Had a nice USAF officer I had the pleasure to talk to last year that found out she is a sex offender due to some St George cop citing her for skinny dipping. The UT law screwed this poor girl.
View Quote
When I was in school there were a bunch of kids who got cited by the cops for pissing outside on their way down from the Hill after drinking all night. They were cited for indecent exposure because apparently public urination wasn't technically illegal. They didn't fight it because the local judge, knowing the circumstances, would just levy a small fine and maybe probation.

Decades later they had to register as sex offenders.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Mrs. Busybody was probably just pissed 'cause her husband was stealing glances at some 19 yo booty,
instead of her fat ass.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
Karens be crazy, yo!

Am I the only one who read this and gets the impression there isn't much, if any, pubic hair to be seen?
View Quote
That's the way I read it

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Slut shaming is calling names, writing bad things, etc. Attacking a person physically is way beyond that.
View Quote

Telling a girl, her skirt is too short and trying to tug it down so that it is less revealing is certainly inappropriate, certainly criminal, but it’s not sexual battery. It’s battery. Sexual battery would be saying “nice ass baby” while sticking your hand up her skirt and grabbing her ass.

One is simply an offensive touching. The other is akin to rape.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#25]
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help" doesn't have the cachet said employees think.

And getting less every day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I never knew "Karen" could be an official paid position.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Come on man, does a 19 year old girl have pubic hair nowadays?

I am thinking she is shaved/waxed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#28]
When I was in school there were a bunch of kids who got cited by the cops for pissing outside on their way down from the Hill after drinking all night. They were cited for indecent exposure because apparently public urination wasn't technically illegal. They didn't fight it because the local judge, knowing the circumstances, would just levy a small fine and maybe probation.

Decades later they had to register as sex offenders.
View Quote

You fell for that old wives tale, too lol? Nobody has to register as a sex offender for urinating in public. That’s just some bullshit that registered sex offenders make up because they don’t want to tell you why they really have to register as sex offenders.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRealBluedog] [#29]
Originally Posted By Kubota3430:

View Quote

If you read the article, the girl told police her pubic hair could not be visible because she was wearing underwear, so there’s at least one 19-year-old girl in Utah who has pubic hair.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#30]

If you read the article, the girl told police her pubic hair could not be visible because she was wearing underwear, so there’s at least one 19-year-old girl in Utah who has pubic hair.
View All Quotes

glad to hear some young woman has some sense. I just don't understand the bald look, it's fucking terrible.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Telling a girl, her skirt is too short and trying to tug it down so that it is less revealing is certainly inappropriate, certainly criminal, but it’s not sexual battery. It’s battery. Sexual battery would be saying “nice ass baby” while sticking your hand up her skirt and grabbing her ass.

View Quote

From the article....

She told investigators that Lorenzo came up behind her without warning, touched her buttocks, and pulled down her skirt. The incident left her feeling “startled” and “violated,”
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By midcap:

glad to hear some young woman has some sense. I just don't understand the bald look, it's fucking terrible.
View Quote
Only on the fatties, my friend. Only the fatties.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGE] [#35]
Lol if this is real, Karen got arrested for going hands-on.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
Karens be crazy, yo!

View Quote

Sir, I would like to be the judge of that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

"She told investigators that Lorenzo came up behind her without warning, touched her buttocks, "
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#38]
sexual assault.

call cops

fuck her night up

She was charged. Good!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Sounds like you know exactly what that's about

Seems like they get busted every few years.

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/01/11/massage-prostitution/96447176/
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

19 year old in Indiana? She probably has a national forest.

19 year old girl in St George, Utah where pools are open basically year round? As smooth as a pane of glass.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jafco:

From the article....

She told investigators that Lorenzo came up behind her without warning, touched her buttocks, and pulled down her skirt. The incident left her feeling “startled” and “violated,”
View Quote

Sex crimes are difficult to prosecute because it’s about the subjective intent of the person committing the offense, not how the person felt about it. That’s why in my hypothetical example I included the phrase, “nice ass, baby.” If a person says something like that, you don’t need to speculate about their intent. But you don’t need to speculate about her intent in this case either. She didn’t grab the girls ass because she thought she was hot. If she came into contact with her ass at all, it’s because she was trying to tuck her skirt down. Again, I’m not defending her actions. It’s appropriate to prosecute her for battery.I’m simply taking issue with the fact that prosecutors should not overcharge. But then I am a defense attorney.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Sexual battery? Maybe regular battery.

Romney taliban!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

"She told investigators that Lorenzo came up behind her without warning, touched her buttocks, "
View Quote

Making contact with her ass, doesn’t make a sexual battery. If that were the case, if Karen walked up to a child on a playground that she thought was misbehaving and spanked her, that would automatically be sexual battery. If you’d like to look up the jury instructions for this particular offense, I’m sure that one of the elements for sexual battery will be that the touching was done for sexual purposes. that’s the difference between battery and sexual battery. It’s all about the intent of the perpetrator, not where the touching occurred.  By the way, have you ever watched a baseball game?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

It really depends on the clam.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

You’d make a poor attorney.

There’s two separate parts to h the article reporting: “she explained that she was wearing underwear and that it would have been impossible for her pubic hair to have been exposed”.

1. She was wearing underwear, and 2. It would have been impossible for her pubic hair to be exposed.

An impossibility is the total absence of a possibility. What’s the only scenario where pubic hair is beyond the realm of probable?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Making contact with her ass, doesn’t make a sexual battery. If that were the case, if Karen walked up to a child on a playground that she thought was misbehaving and spanked her, that would automatically be sexual battery. If you’d like to look up the jury instructions for this particular offense, I’m sure that one of the elements for sexual battery will be that the touching was done for sexual purposes. that’s the difference between battery and sexual battery. It’s all about the intent of the perpetrator, not where the touching occurred.  By the way, have you ever watched a baseball game?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

that makes sense. But what if Karen has a dom/humilation fetish?
But I understand what you're saying, probably the typical over charging like you said.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Conversely I can’t comprehend how anyone could be attracted to hairy chubsters, but some are.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Sex crimes are difficult to prosecute because it's about the subjective intent of the person committing the offense, not how the person felt about it. That's why in my hypothetical example I included the phrase, "nice ass, baby." If a person says something like that, you don't need to speculate about their intent. But you don't need to speculate about her intent in this case either. She didn't grab the girls ass because she thought she was hot. If she came into contact with her ass at all, it's because she was trying to tuck her skirt down. Again, I'm not defending her actions. It's appropriate to prosecute her for battery.I'm simply taking issue with the fact that prosecutors should not overcharge. But then I am a defense attorney.
View Quote
Charge sexual, plead to simple?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I should also point out that the 19 yo is taking a page from the feminist handbook. Contacting police the day after claiming sexual assault? Startled, yes, but violated?

She was assaulted, and good arrest. But I'm betting she didn't really care until it was clear she could make hay over it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top