BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1694
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By oldno7:

That really sounds pretty dang enticing, the only drawback I can see is I've grown accustomed to making money, trading.

Other than that, it was a good idea--Bless your heart.

Now the church lady......
View Quote

fair
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]

That really sounds pretty dang enticing, the only drawback I can see is I've grown accustomed to making money, trading.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Repent, yes, repent!  Come to the church of fundamental analysis and leave your life of TA behind!

You could create a sell signal called the RCL - relative church lady - use it - and profit!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like a month or two ago Microvision had 12 jobs open, both here and abroad.

Mrs O just checked because someone mentioned it, and sure enough we're down to three...and two of them are payroll clerks both here and in Germany. The remaining job is the exec-level corporate development director, and based on the job description he's a glorified strap hanger for Sumit. A highly paid strap hanger, for sure, but if they never fill that position I don't think it'll matter much.

All the critical positions required to support the end goal(s) are in place. I am very curious about Sumit's contract, though. The original contract was signed April 8, and Microvision filed a 10-Q on it. Curious as to whether an extension and/or renewal will have the same requirement.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I can only imagine Summit has a solid non-compete agreement that would take a big chunk of change to buy out of. I could see him holding out a bit for a bigger chunk of the pie if success was in the cards. If sales/profit/share price targets met…moon lambo time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
I can only imagine Summit has a solid non-compete agreement that would take a big chunk of change to buy out of. I could see him holding out a bit for a bigger chunk of the pie if success was in the cards. If sales/profit/share price targets met…moon lambo time.
View Quote

That will be a big tell if Summit sticks around,he wouldn't renew if shit was going south...
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, we have 24Q1 in the books, here's to an interesting, if not profitable 24Q2. Cheers !
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#7]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Seems like a month or two ago Microvision had 12 jobs open, both here and abroad.

Mrs O just checked because someone mentioned it, and sure enough we're down to three...and two of them are payroll clerks both here and in Germany. The remaining job is the exec-level corporate development director, and based on the job description he's a glorified strap hanger for Sumit. A highly paid strap hanger, for sure, but if they never fill that position I don't think it'll matter much.

All the critical positions required to support the end goal(s) are in place. I am very curious about Sumit's contract, though. The original contract was signed April 8, and Microvision filed a 10-Q on it. Curious as to whether an extension and/or renewal will have the same requirement.

View Quote

I loathe my job (still at work on friggin Easter)
Maybe I should apply
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]
The battle of LAZR vs MVIS

Remember when neither could break out of $1.72?

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]

I’m starting to feel like we’re not even invited to the party
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what’s going on with that old junk stock LTNC? I got into it too heavy a year and a half ago before it tanked to near nothing. For shits & grins I bumped up to 1m shares for very little investment. Those shares bumped up $5900 today after bouncing up & down over the last month. I have a long way to go to break even but it gives a little hopium to think it may actually pay off. I haven’t been able to find any news about it. It’s still less than a penny if anyone wants to look into a cheapy. LTNC=Labor Smart, though they sold their portion of the business that dealt with hiring out temporary workers and related items over a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what’s going on with that old junk stock LTNC? I got into it too heavy a year and a half ago before it tanked to near nothing. For shits & grins I bumped up to 1m shares for very little investment. Those shares bumped up $5900 today after bouncing up & down over the last month. I have a long way to go to break even but it gives a little hopium to think it may actually pay off. I haven’t been able to find any news about it. It’s still less than a penny if anyone wants to look into a cheapy. LTNC=Labor Smart, though they sold their portion of the business that dealt with hiring out temporary workers and related items over a year ago.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up; I had quit checking that one. I'm up 197% today! Now I'm only down 79% overall.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably tank tomorrow but still neat to see (LTNC)
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
MVIS Investor Day, 2024 ????

4/25/24 - Trip to MIcrovision in Redmond WA

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
@BM-ARM-DPMS-guns

You couldn't tell us about this on Thursday?

Good for you! Hope it keeps going!

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:

View Quote

Someone should go see those fuckers
I mean, esteemed gentlemen
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:

View Quote

Interesting...but this is really interesting "All students who attend will receive MicroVision swag! All visitors must sign an NDA."
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#18]
the funny parts is, we of ARF hold between 1 and 2% of the companies outstanding stock.  

I wonder how much we need for a board seat?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought there was going to be some announcement from MVIS about oem deal. Not happening, wait, bad joke?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Grimjaw5:
the funny parts is, we of ARF hold between 1 and 2% of the companies outstanding stock.  

I wonder how much we need for a board seat?
View Quote

Call Sumit. Call him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Have you ever been curious about how self-driving cars gather and process data? MicroVision is at the forefront of lidar technology, which aids in providing real-time information for self-driving cars to make decisions on the road. The women and gender-diverse individuals at MicroVision are hosting an event to teach students about how lidar works, tour their facilities and ask the team questions about how to begin a career in the STEM field. Learn more at https://microvision.com!

Oof.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jpk33:

Interesting...but this is really interesting "All students who attend will receive MicroVision swag! All visitors must sign an NDA."
View Quote
Doubtful anything confidential would be shared because kids can't keep their mouths shut.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Have you ever been curious about how self-driving cars gather and process data? MicroVision is at the forefront of lidar technology, which aids in providing real-time information for self-driving cars to make decisions on the road. The women and gender-diverse individuals at MicroVision are hosting an event to teach students about how lidar works, tour their facilities and ask the team questions about how to begin a career in the STEM field. Learn more at https://microvision.com!

Oof.
View Quote

Uht-ohh

Is this one of them go woke times?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Oof.
View Quote

Hate to see it but idk how you have a public company in 2024 and don’t have some boilerplate language like that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Total53:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Let’s refine the bull thesis for MVIS in an attempt to ward off both Hopium and dismay as we enter the trading hiatus for Easter

1) numerous (Osprey, how many we got?) patents and a “moat” of IP
> 450

2) Tesla struggles with camera-only system, Indicating Lidar is the way forward
The camera system relies upon mapping ALL roads that a vehicle will ever travel upon then recalling that data from the cloud using edge computing determining where a vehicle can & cannot drive. Second order is to recognize in real time where a vehicle can and cannot travel safely without hitting something like a pedestrian or a white semi.
Cameras are fooled by fog, rain, snow, glare, and other physical/visual impairments.
MVIS places ALL the processing onboard recognizing drive-able and non-drive-able space or pedestrians and obstacles.
Simple logic and capabilities of lidar win over a camera only offering.

3) Federal govt statements (?) about improving vehicle safety
If our Transportation Secretary would concentrate on doing his job instead of buying babies and taking fraternity leave maybe we could get some headway in the safety realm of ADAS.

4) Competition dwindling - Luminar down 39% YTD after order book turned out to be bogus. Velodyne, etc
MVIS is best in class, lowest cost, smallest foot print, least power consumption, and greatest density point cloud available. Just hoping we don't get Bet Max'd here.

5) Successful product delivery to US military
MSFT will cheat us out of anything here I'm afraid they might be too big to take on with a lawsuit. If only I was wrong.

6) Lidar adoption/acceptance in farming, mining
Works in manufacturing and material handling too. Maybe some yet undiscovered novel usage makes everyone millionaires or in my case a thousandaire.

7) ?
Sumit said MVIS technology is like the invention of the internet (Al Gore?) and will be sweeping in it's adoption. Hope this happen soon!

Circling back (see, boilerplate corporate lingo) to this, does anyone have actual quotes from DOT, NTSB, or NHTSA about LiDAR?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Hate to see it but idk how you have a public company in 2024 and don’t have some boilerplate language like that.
View Quote

It's boilerplate because people with no spine accept it, I don't.(not meaning you)
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#27]

It's boilerplate because people with no spine accept it, I don't.(not meaning you)
View All Quotes

Oh yes, I agree entirely
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Oh yes, I agree entirely
View Quote

BTW--I like your pic of the Great Sand Dunes, been there a couple times.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Oh yes, I agree entirely

Thanks! We love it. Try to get the timing right each year lol
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:00:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#30]

Thanks! We love it. Try to get the timing right each year lol
View Quote

We like going up to the Sand pit or higher--weeds out lots of folks.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:19:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackeagle05] [#31]

Circling back (see, boilerplate corporate lingo) to this, does anyone have actual quotes from DOT, NTSB, or NHTSA about LiDAR?
View All Quotes

It's actually a third party organization called ignite. From their site:

The world is missing out on the talent of women, especially women of color, who are not fairly represented in STEM fields. This is reflected in the worsening gender inequity seen in many STEM fields. IGNITE is changing these statistics every day through our award-winning program, and we need your support to expand our impact.

IGNITE Worldwide is the answer to achieving gender equity in STEM. IGNITE works directly with educators to connect girls* with STEM opportunities during the school day. Our award-winning Program offers a variety of interactive events featuring STEM professionals** who represent IGNITE Students.

*We serve girls, young women, nonbinary, transgender, agender, and genderqueer students.
**We encourage women, nonbinary, transgender, agender, and genderqueer volunteers.

It may or may not have been MVIS's language. Still not cool that they partner with the queens of wokeness over here, though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#32]
How’s anyone’s DJT doing? I don’t have any.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#33]
How’s anyone’s DJT doing? I don’t have any.
View Quote

One of few stocks that are green today.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Mavis doesn't want me to get my $1.68 buy in, huh.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#35]
Originally Posted By Jon_C_:
Mavis doesn't want me to get my $1.68 buy in, huh.
View Quote

Order there myself(double bottom from 3-19). Anything over $1.70 is too spendy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Good thing I didn’t have any spare pesos today or I would have bought around 1.74.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Good thing I didn’t have any spare pesos today or I would have bought around 1.74.
View Quote

Tomorrow should be a new 52 week low.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

At least we got that going for us.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Stand by for 1.60?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Stand by for 1.60?
View Quote

I've got $1.44 below here for support, FWIW
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Lidar & Ice Hockey: A fusion of precision and speed! ????
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL28AekU4-o
View Quote

That should send us to the moon. Right guys?

Right?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cccpNyC] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL28AekU4-o
View Quote

As a Hockey player I think it’s cool.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol

Oofff
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zhass] [#46]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Lol

Oofff
View Quote
Field trips to a gender-diverse company, now with a fucking hockey team. Best $50k I've ever spent..... fuck.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#47]
DPLS was tied up in some hockey puck shit for a bit. Just sayin’.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
DPLS was tied up in some hockey puck shit for a bit. Just sayin’.
View Quote

Up 16% today…
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Up 16% today…
View Quote

I’m only down 98.43% with my .06 average.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

I’m only down 98.43% with my .06 average.
View Quote

Lucky….
Page / 1694
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top