BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ownage.
I will be sore tomorrow. I felt the burn today moving my smoker and grill. I might have damaged muh self.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hillbilly62:

Did you smoke anything?…….for points????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Ownage.
I will be sore tomorrow. I felt the burn today moving my smoker and grill. I might have damaged muh self.

Did you smoke anything?…….for points????

No.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a pretty good fall Saturday doing something stupidly simple, was getting a pallet out of the truck,got overbalanced and face planted into a limestone driveway. Glasses took a big chunk out of my nose, wrists hurt from breaking my fall, knees are swollen double, so, yeah, a bit sore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Tweaked the back lifting and moving 3,000 lbs of new flooring. The bed is jacked and not helping so time to start mattress shopping but I will not bore the GD with another "What mattress thread?"
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
7 days straight, 13 hours a day at work. Take a wild guess.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sore but just finished a 75 mile bike ride, half off-road, 6000 ft of climbing, where someone clipped me on a left hand turn and I I slid through an intersection at close to 30 within the first 5 miles.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#8]
Deleted
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:16:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajunkraut] [#9]
People who've trained regularly (for any reason) and/or performed physical labor most of their lives usually sacrifice some portion of their bodies in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Degenerative disc desease.   Sometimes ok, other times can hardly walk.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:40:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#11]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
I’m 57 years old.

Two hours ago, I played a lacrosse game in a league where the minimum age is 29.

Like every week, I’m bleeding and bruised.

Tomorrow morning is deadlift day.
View Quote

So you don’t have arthritis. Yay for you.

I wrenched on cars both days after fixing shit for wealthy ingrates all week.  My hands and joints are killing me and I’ll get up and do it again all week this week, lol. It’s a living.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Changed from winter to summer tires today and I'm sore, torqued @100lbs. HF wrench 23 bucks
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:46:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#13]
I am beginning to think rotator cuff surgery is somewhere in my future.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:57:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Spent the last 3 days snowmobiling, pulled on a lot of skis.  
Left arm is sore from impacting a stump obscured just beneath the snow surface.
I have a bruise on my right arm and no idea how it got there.  Especially since I was wearing my heavier elbow pads today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:14:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I noticed the hurt locker one is not only winning, it's graphed as a pink
pole
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Been doing therapy for my neck and right arm.  Had to clear a corner in my barn Friday, back is slowly healing.  Sure lift with your legs - but sometimes the only answer is all back.  Had to move 2 400lb pallets.  Getting them on a dolly was not fun.  I would have been sore just from cleaning the corner and the roll path - but getting them on and off the dolly was a bitch.

Will be going to sleep with an ice pack on my neck - will see if it somehow works it's way down to my lower back again tonight.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Damnit….what have you done different than what you’ve done in the last 7 days…. I lifted..bullshit, you haven’t done any thing different. Go out and do something different than you’ve done. Gym shit is cheap. Go live in the real word.
View Quote

Mr. President, can you tell us more about that Cornpop dude?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I have not been kind to my body over the years, between horses, sports and the Army, I move like quasimodo in the mornings.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Sore , had my knee joint sawed off above and below the knee cap , titanium threaded on  , knee cap hollowed out and stuck back on
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I fell down a couple steps a month ago and my foot, ankle and calf tendon are still hurting a bit. I wish it had been caused by old man stuff (disoriented, dizzy, weak legs) but, no. It was carrying a laundry basket downstairs and thought I was at the bottom. I stepped out into nothing. Dumbass.

Beyond that, I have gotten a whole lot less flexible in the past year. Way too much sitting. I’m going to start yoga and stretch training. 65 is too young to feel old.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#21]
48, workout four days a week, do a moderate amount of manual labor...

I'm always in pain. I have to remind myself not to groan when I stand up (I have my pride!)
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Perpetually a bit crunchy. Better than being a dough blob though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I am a little sore, only because I hit the gym yesterday and had a good workout.

I've got some field work ahead of me today that will involve ladders and such, but overall, pretty easy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:01:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: olivers_AR] [#24]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
It ain’t the years, hon - it’s the mileage.
View Quote

Met with a group that went to elementary, middle and high school together, most have kids and some grandkids, we ran out of time, but were going to play who and the most and least medications.  

Knee pops and sometimes gives when I walk up stairs.  Can do 10k steps mowing the lawn, but it’s taking longer to recover.

Going to a funeral today of a fraternity brother, healthy, certainly healthier than most of us, died of a heart attack without warning.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Sore, yes.

Ran, rowed, and did a WOD Friday-still sore.
Creatine ain’t helping.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:22:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mavros] [#26]
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:
I'm sore every damn day...but it's called arthritis (knees). Plus I have a bad hip and my lower back always hurts.

However, I got down on my knees in the floor to turn my desk from being on legs to floating (using big-ass, steel L brackets). That wasn't fun, but I got it done. Then, I got down on my knees, again, in the bathroom to replace the leaking shut-off valve for the toilet. That wasn't fun, either. But again, I got it done.

Yes, my knees hurt (as they always do). But I suck it up and do what I need to do. And I'm usually bad about overdoing things because in my mind, I'm still a teenager that's basically indestructible. My stamina for doing labor is shit, nowadays...but I still get on with it. And in the summer, if I'm working out in the yard, that usually means I get too hot and get a headache. But once I start, I don't like to stop until I'm done.

So yes, I'm sore all the time. But I keep going. Because what the else am I gonna do? Stop and just wither away? Fuck all that!
View Quote

Extra virgin olive oil (high polyphenols) is like WD 40 for your joints. It has to be the good stuff. A few tablespoons in the morning on an empty stomach and a few tablespoons before you go to bed on an empty stomach. I noticed a difference in about 2 weeks. It kind of works like ibuprofen without the bad side effects. It actually has a bunch of other great benefits. Also, ginger works as an anti inflammatory too. It will also help with headaches and migraines. Plenty of info online about them and boatloads of YouTube videos on them.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I hurt every day some days so bad I can't get out of bed part of it is old age and injuries but what really messed me up was Lyme's disease.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I have periodic flare-ups of something in my upper and mid back.  It gets stiff, achy and it just generally makes me miserable.  I even have trouble fucking breathing.  It generally lasts a few days to a week and then goes away.  Massage also knocks it out completely but after a few hours it starts coming back.  I think if it as fibromyalgia but I haven't really done any research into that and from what little I know about it, there seems to be controversy about whether is even a thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I need knee replacements.  I have severe spinal stenosis. This causes weakness in my legs.   I’m flat footed and use custom insoles for foot pains. I have arthritis really bad, especially my neck, back and hands. I’m seeing a chiropractor weekly for SI joints that don’t want to stay where they belong.

I switched over to Celebrex for the knee pains. Works great for about two weeks then I have to switch back to Motrin.  Celebrex doesn’t seem to help other areas like the Motrin does, but you cannot take both together.  
61. Growing old isn’t for pussies.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#30]
My neck has been bugging me. I am afraid if i go in ill need a diac replacement. I have yet to go see a doctor for something that hurt that did not require suegery
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Oldest daughter's wedding was Saturday so the last 4 days were 18-20 hours each of non-stop packing, moving, carrying, decorating, stretching, bending, driving, walking (part of the time in spindly heels ), running, etc.  My couch potato ass isn't used to all that activity and I'm feeling it just a smidge.  All I'm saying is that my lower back has been better.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By OneRanger:
Sore, yes.

Ran, rowed, and did a WOD Friday-still sore.
Creatine ain’t helping.
View Quote

Tell me about it. Used it for @6 weeks and noticed no difference.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#34]
No matter how much I hurt, someone somewhere has it worse.  That keeps my whining at a fairly low level.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Sore means alive.

Everything hurts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Today is my 65th birthday.
I blew in 56 bags on cellulose insulation into my attic in less that 4 hrs.
My son manned the hopper while I stayed in the attic.
Knees are a tad sore.
I'll sleep good tonight!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:00:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I turned 38 and I started feeling sore.  Now I’m almost 41 and when I fart I’m sore for two days.  Everything hurts.  I had a rough 20s and 30s and now I’m paying for it I guess.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm feeling hurt so good from deadlifts & squats yesterday.  That count?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Dunno about sore, but sure as shit tired.

Drove out for a family thing for a couple days, so didn't have my normal activity.  But can already tell that driving 12 hours straight to sleep in unfamiliar territory for two nights is going to get less fun as I get older.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I rowed a drift boat with two of my buddies in it while we fly fished for musky.  Even my hands hurt.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Little bit. Feels good. I had a pad installed in a draw off to the side of the cabin and they pushed a dozen or so bit trees into a pile….I've been bucking all that up for firewood. Cutting it up is only one of pains in the ass….carrying it up to where I can get the SxS is the other.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SAE:
Man, I know I am and my back hurts too.

Active life happy wife or something like that.

Need to eat better and cardio this week for certain.

How about y'all?

Maybe I can get a rub down tonight no extra charge for doing about fourteen work orders around here today as well.

It feels good to be done but not that damn good as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
Go.
View Quote

Your mom is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#44]
tweaked my lower back last week, still feeling it.

Still powered through the yard work and mulch laying though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:04:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#45]
Originally Posted By JamPo:

My elbow and my knee. Blocking kicks. But I know who the asshole was..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamPo:
Originally Posted By MethaneMover:
My elbow.   Fuck you to whatever I smacked it on.

My elbow and my knee. Blocking kicks. But I know who the asshole was..

An elbow drop block to the ankle. So gratifying. Instantly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
I'm sore over what's happened to my country in the past 50 years
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#47]
I can tell that I worked out yesterday, but I'm not really sore. Today is zone 2 cardio today - long ruck or slow run, haven't decided yet.

I put a lot of focus on recovery / mobility and it seems to help. Protein, supplements, sauna, compression boots, and good sleep.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Cajunkraut:
People who've trained regularly (for any reason) and/or performed physical labor most of their lives usually sacrifice some portion of their bodies in the long run.
View Quote

Everyone sacrifices their bodies in the long run, active and sedentary alike. I see being active as a giving me a better chance to die quickly rather than suffer a slow decline.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
I fell down a couple steps a month ago and my foot, ankle and calf tendon are still hurting a bit. I wish it had been caused by old man stuff (disoriented, dizzy, weak legs) but, no. It was carrying a laundry basket downstairs and thought I was at the bottom. I stepped out into nothing. Dumbass.

Beyond that, I have gotten a whole lot less flexible in the past year. Way too much sitting. I’m going to start yoga and stretch training. 65 is too young to feel old.
View Quote

You might check out Knees Over Toes Guy. He's got several free videos on YouTube. The first half of this one is something I've incorporated a few times each week.
Full Diet & Exercise Protocol w/ Kneesovertoesguy
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top