Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/2/2023 8:54:37 AM EDT
Nothing great was ever achieved by playing it safe.

In each quarter the focus seems to be on  ‘being safe’

My theory is that we are in a feminized era.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Females voters.

The average American has become so desensitized to danger, they are incapable of identifying and mitigating it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Because it’s been feminized.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
What specifically are you referring to? Like OSHA/work safety?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because it’s been feminized.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is one area.  It seems like many of the things done in that area result from an excessive ‘what if’ game.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
List of people to never invite to a gun range:

Wrangler99
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The media and TV shows all promote save a Life save a Life save a life and speak nothing of quality of life because death is going to happen. Fear fear of death. That was one good thing religion did for humanity in preaching after life. People weren't so afraid of dying.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is one area.  It seems like many of the things done in that area result from an excessive ‘what if’ game.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the threat of litigation. In regards to safety in workplace.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Too much voice for how shit works was ceded to women.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wrangler99
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Suburban wyte  womenz.  Making kids ride with helmets.  No more lawn darts.  Can’t play football.  Allergic to nuts.  Womenz making kids play soccersballs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Because an injured individual is gold to another.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#13]
healthcare costs have risen -- as have the costs associated with litigation

so spending some efforts / money to PREVENT accidents is likely a worthwhile investment
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wrangler99
View Quote

List of people to never invite skydiving, freediving, caving, scuba diving, motorcycle riding, traveling, mountain climbing, skiing, ice climbing, para sailing, flying, with me

Aspida1776
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#15]
"The coddling of the American mind" talks a lot about this, especially with regard to the whole "bad think speech is not safe."

IIRC the big drivers are:
- Educational institutions are actively instilling ideas that run counter to good mental health practice.  For example teaching everyone that their feelings are of utmost importance.
- The toxic effects of social media, esp on Gen Z.
- The lack of unstructured, unsupervised outdoor play.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I imagine a lot has to do with how litigious society in general has become, and that many, many bad actors will essentially go out looking for a lawsuit.

That said, safety that does not unduly hamper productivity is never a bad thing, and in many cases its worth giving up productivity to avoid being unsafe, lest you end up with a liveleak logo attached to your final moments.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#17]
It's because we are the safest we've ever been so people fear things they rarely experience.  Same with the commies who talk about starving kids or deadly covid.

Victim seeking
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Because we have allowed ourselves to be “led” by weak, evil people who see a strong, independent society as a threat to their power grab.
They’ve indoctrinated the youth into being docile, weak subjects who yearn for the “safety” that only the all encompassing totalitarian hand of the government says it can provide. Becoming the foot soldiers to demand “change”.
Not taking into account that very hand will be their demise as soon as the government deems them unworthy as well
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That is one area.  It seems like many of the things done in that area result from an excessive 'what if' game.

View Quote
Honestly people are a bunch of pussies. I cut meat for a living and that means using a band saw to cut bone in shit, people are afraid of that thing like noones business. Everybody likes to take their time with it and take 5 minutes to cut a short rib primal when at speed (with proper push plate equipment) I can get that shit done in 2 mins. I'm all for respecting the saw but you can learn how to operate quickly without recklessness guys I work with just lack the fortitude.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#20]
And pussy assed so called men giving the power to the pussy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I imagine a lot has to do with how litigious society in general has become, and that many, many bad actors will essentially go out looking for a lawsuit.
View Quote
Trial Lawyers?

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#22]
karen females and pussy beta males.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Women
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Marketing dudes figured out a long time ago:

Women buy safety

Men buy sex

Apply to politics. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#25]
People don’t know what real hard times are. Plus it’s a political winner, especially amongst women and testosterone challenged dudes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Because we're a society of weak sheep who are afraid of wolves.
Truly pathetic what this country has become in 60 short years
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Females voters.

The average American has become so desensitized to danger, they are incapable of identifying and mitigating it.
View Quote

This

Also why guys that have ever had to deal with risk lauged at wearing masks for the flu.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#28]
The older I get the safer I try to be. I am an old fart now, and I am amazed that I am still alive through all the stupid shit I have done in my life.
You can have the greatest time of your life, but if it ends with an ND or a car crash or a bad fall, it’s not such a great day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Read "The Fourth Turning". It will answer all your questions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I have no moral objection to seatbelts
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times. You are here

And white suburban women
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
People don't know what real hard times are. Plus it's a political winner, especially amongst women and testosterone challenged dudes.
View Quote
the draft for WWIII with china and/or russia will solve that problem rightquick.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Safety first...until it negatively impacts the profit margins.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
the draft for WWIII with china and/or russia will solve that problem rightquick.
View Quote

Trannys first.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#35]
It's just an excuse.  It's either for "your safety" or "the environment" (the new communism) or "national security" (in days long past, when that was actually a concern).

Because the people who are making an argument or proposing a law for what they want, know it's not going to be good for you and they need a reason.

If you ask them for specific reasons why what they propose is going to be good for your safety, you'll just get a lot of non-specific generalizations or outright lies.

ETA
There's also a complete failure to acknowledge that life can be random and someone gets dealt a bad card for no reason at all.

Because most of modern life is safe and predictable whereas 1000 years ago the crops you're growing for you to live on could fail and you face starvation or the mongols or the Vikings could appear one day out of nowhere and either kill you or take everything you have.

Then safety was defending yourself, preparing, or fleeing.  Now safety is generally provided by other people or institutions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#36]
It is all about money in someone else’s pocket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trial Lawyers?

https://www.quizony.com/should-i-be-a-lawyer/imageForSharing.jpg

This
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That said, safety that does not unduly hamper productivity is never a bad thing, and in many cases its worth giving up productivity to avoid being unsafe, lest you end up with a liveleak logo attached to your final moments.
View Quote

This. Not only do you have government flunkies just looking for an excuse to fine you or shut you down if a safety rail is a half inch lower than arbitrarily mandated, there is a whole cottage industry of ambulance chasing lawyers who go looking for infractions so they can sue.  In business it only makes sense to protect yourself from such.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Lawyers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Fearful people are also easier to control.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#41]
As has already been mentioned a huge factor is litigation issues.   In other words lawyers are a huge driving force behind this.

This country really needs huge tort reform and other reforms concerning litigation

Other countries have either tackled this or already have processes in place to control the power of attorneys in regards to this area

In just about any organization whether private or government attorneys have too much power and ultimately are unduly influencing decisions the leadership are making many times with bad results in regards to the running or mission of the organization

The best manager of an organization I worked for did not fall into this trap.  He made the attorneys work for him and not the opposite

He would look at what was in the best interests of the organization and tell the attorneys that their job was to defend it.  And he managed to win most of the litigations against the organization even contrary to what the attorneys thought might be the outcome.

Current leadership folds if the attorneys buck what the organization wants to do or the leadership will go with whatever the attorneys state is the best course of action.  

The manager I referenced above would push back and tell the attorneys what course of action he wanted to pursue.    He was not afraid of litigation unlike most current managers.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Lawyers

We wouldnt need em if we didnt have em
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#43]
We just got word that our facility is going to require gloves at all times while in the plant. Even if you are just walking through and are not actually working on anything. We are not sure if this came from corporate safety nazi's or if this is knee jerk because one dumb bitch got a paper cut from a cardboard box.

Full fucking retard. Can't wait to get written up for this.

Most safety people are useless jackasses that belong in hell right next to HR people.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Society isn't.  It's about compliance and control.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Lawyers
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Most are really bad at assessing risk. They focus
on consequences while ignoring everything else.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Helicopter soccer moms and lawsuits.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#48]
I have noticed the same thing the past few years. Signs about safety, advertisements about safety, safety videos at work, very little however in the way of encouraging EXCELLENCE. This really says a lot about our wimpy culture.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Control
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top