Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Shadow System pistols (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2024 12:02:52 PM EDT
So does anyone here have a Shadow Systems Glock knockoff? Are they any good? Do it don’t do it?? Looking at they long slide and their new XR comped pistol…. Looking for feedback and reviews.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#1]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
So does anyone here have a Shadow Systems Glock knockoff? Are they any good? Do it don’t do it?? Looking at they long slide and their new XR comped pistol…. Looking for feedback and reviews.
View Quote

I have had a few, started with the MR918 and then a few of the 920's.  All mine were reliable and never had any issues with them.  Triggers were ok, nothing to write home about, but they weren't terrible.  A few of them started out gritty and clean up a bit after use.  Not as good as a factory Gen5 IMO, but perfectly serviceable.

The ergos are quite a bit better than a standard Glock.  I almost prefer the SS ergos to my completely worked over and reduced Glocks, almost.  

Accuracy wise, mechanically, they are as good as my Gen 5 glocks at least for me.  II do however shoot them better than a factory Glock. based on their improved ergos alone.  I shoot them equally as well as one of my custom Glocks, reduction, texturing and such, but I'm still better with my 320's.  

The only real complaint I have about the shadow guns is the finish being pretty weak.  For a Nitride finish, it seem sot wear off very easily.  I know finish is supposed to wear, but all of started wearing and getting holster marks within a day of carrying them.  I'm not expecting them to stay perfect, most were use for duty, but I did expect them to hold up a bit better.  My Glocks with the newer nDLC finish doesn't start showing wear for about a year, and that's in an out of a duty holster every day.  My P320's still don't hardly have any wear and those have been in my duty rotation since 2016.  

I am really on the fence on them honestly.  I recently sold off the last one I had.  I like the idea and the implementation of them, but IMO they still need to refine them a bit.  I actually have my eye on a MR920 War Poet Right now, that I can get for a song.  

TXPO

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
To the excellent summary above, I'll add that Glock ergos, other than their 10mm, have never really worked for me. SS solves this for me and I've had their MR920 for 3 years, problem-free.

Picked mine up when they usually ran $1k+ and at today's pricing, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one over a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#3]
A lot of good info already.

Ill add that Ive owned a couple so far and havent had any issues with them. I had both an MR920 and XR920 that were good shooters but sold to chase other projects. I currently still have a CR920 and a DR920P Im starting to use in competition a bit.

Triggers arent anything fancy but the overall gun fits me well and shoots very well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Never owned one so I cannot comment on that. Just passing on This ad I received yesterday.

Bereli has a deal with the free surefire x300 using a coupon code with the purchase of certain SS guns. It was an email that did not have a link that would bring it to its own web page. I will post the screenshots below with coupon and approved models.

Link

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a bunch of their guns.  Probably 10?  I ditched all my Glocks after I got my first SS and never looked.  The ergot’s are so much better for me.  I also love their optic mounting system.  It’s one of the best in the biz, might be the best.  Optic sits nice and low and no plates are necessary.

I’ve never had an issue with any of mine and I can’t say enough good things about them. I think Glock should buy SS and put those guys in charge of their whole company, because they’re kicking Glock’s ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Like an idiot, I bought this barrel just to make a meme.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Shadow System Pistols. The new duty pistol of the Colorado State Patrol.

Yes they are good guns.

View Quote

Details?

Model

Holster

Light

Etc?

I had read they were adopted, but didn't read any actual details.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had a ss since the mr918, IMHO, it takes a glock +landers+mapleleaf/battle work to equal it.  I've been happy with it, I did send it to hex precision 3 or 4yr ago for an optic cut and the sent it back with all the dlc finish blasted off.  They promptly nitrided for me after getting an ear full.  The mr920 I've got has been carried for 2-3 yrs and has zero wear on finish, it has proven tougher than the glock 19 gen5 finish that I did have.  Had an xr920 in fde, that size didn't do anything for me and sold it.  I could see where that finish could wear as it was like cerakote.  I just got a cr920p and so far really like it, but its pretty new
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Piggy backing on the questions OP has…
I have big hands and the G19 hump and angle don’t work for me, so I run a G45, and for smaller a g43x. Do the G19 sized Shadow guns lack the hump and fit better?
Same for the cr920…is it too small or more like a g26 with no pinky extension?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GREENMACHINE1:
Piggy backing on the questions OP has…
I have big hands and the G19 hump and angle don’t work for me, so I run a G45, and for smaller a g43x. Do the G19 sized Shadow guns lack the hump and fit better?
Same for the cr920…is it too small or more like a g26 with no pinky extension?
Thanks,
View Quote

With the small backstrap the MR920 does fit better than the regular 19 as it eliminates the hump.  

The CR920 fits far better than the 43, even though it still has a slight hump.  Because is it a tad wider than the 43, it just fits better.  With the 13 round magazine and extension, it really hits the sweet spot.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried them, bought a MR 920 and XR 920, both combat optic ready models. Both shot well, the XR had a horrible trigger, the reset was very weak and barely audible, to SS credit they sent me a complete trigger replacement that fixed that problem.

Their optic mounting system is the way all should be, direct mount for multiple different optics. That’s really about the only thing I liked better about them vs Glock, as far as anything else , they did nothing else better for me to justify the big price difference.

Sold both, nice guns, shot good but as I stated, not worth the price difference imo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:03:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Michaelrm] [#13]
Picked up a barely shot DR920 Elite last year for the same, slightly lower price than the equivalent sized G17.  Good gun, I’ve been pleased with it.  The 3 different backstraps allow you to get the right fit for you hand, which is great.  Funny thing for me is I’m so used to the Glock hump that I get the best shots with the hump back strap on the DR.  Trigger isn’t really any different than a 5th Gen IMO, with the new Glock Performance Triggers being better than the SS.  The DR definitely feels lighter than a standard G17, though the actual difference probably isn’t that significant.  The DR is all day comfortable to carry.

Really like the CR920, and will probably get one soon.  I know the initial release had some barrel issues which were addressed a couple of years ago, so I’m hopeful that it will be A OK!

PS, if you qualify for LEO/.mil pricing, SS offers a great discount.  Makes the purchase easier to swallow, though prices seem to have come down a bit lately.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#14]
This one is quickly becoming my favorite.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I live in the PRK, so getting one was fortunate to say the least. I have the MR 920 Elite. I was in awe for the first 8-900 rounds. Being in Ca I can't run a threaded barrel and unfortunately that's what mine came with. So I ran a factory Glock gen 4 barrel, absolutely NO issues. Then like a idjit I bought a different barrel, The Glock barrel I had was gold TiN coated so it was an appearance thing for me. The barrel I bought got good reviews, etc... and DID run for a while, until it got hot, then FTF like crazy. I walked off a stage at an IDPA match I was so pissed. I blamed Shadow Systems. My love affair was over... I put the gun n the safe for almost 6 months. Then I saw a Technical Tuesday Video with Trevor showing the FTF issues that happen. Hot Damn! I learned something. So I went and shot ALL the barrels I have for Glocks, that damned aftermarket barrel had FTF like clockwork. Back to the gold TiN barrel it is, and 100% reliability over several hundred rounds.  Turns out the after market barrel is .021 off in length and will not allow the slide to go far enough back to grab the RIM of the cartridge, instead grabbing right in FRONT of the rim. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's just enough to be a problem. I back in love again.

I know people say a Glock is cheaper, but by the time you add all the features, it really isn't. And the optic mounting system is the best there is IMHO. If you are in a free state and have access to them then do it. I'm back to CCW with mine, I trust it that much.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:59:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#18]
Originally Posted By cjjohn:
I live in the PRK, so getting one was fortunate to say the least. I have the MR 920 Elite. I was in awe for the first 8-900 rounds. Being in Ca I can't run a threaded barrel and unfortunately that's what mine came with. So I ran a factory Glock gen 4 barrel, absolutely NO issues. Then like a idjit I bought a different barrel, The Glock barrel I had was gold TiN coated so it was an appearance thing for me. The barrel I bought got good reviews, etc... and DID run for a while, until it got hot, then FTF like crazy. I walked off a stage at an IDPA match I was so pissed. I blamed Shadow Systems. My love affair was over... I put the gun n the safe for almost 6 months. Then I saw a Technical Tuesday Video with Trevor showing the FTF issues that happen. Hot Damn! I learned something. So I went and shot ALL the barrels I have for Glocks, that damned aftermarket barrel had FTF like clockwork. Back to the gold TiN barrel it is, and 100% reliability over several hundred rounds.  Turns out the after market barrel is .021 off in length and will not allow the slide to go far enough back to grab the RIM of the cartridge, instead grabbing right in FRONT of the rim. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's just enough to be a problem. I back in love again.

I know people say a Glock is cheaper, but by the time you add all the features, it really isn't. And the optic mounting system is the best there is IMHO. If you are in a free state and have access to them then do it. I'm back to CCW with mine, I trust it that much.
View Quote

You can always buy the barrel you want from SS.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Recently picked up a 920L as an upgrade for my Glock 34 so I can run a dot. Ergonomics are way better in my opinion but wish they had used an extended slide release and better trigger from the factory. However a ghost 3.5 connector and spring kit solved that.
My 34 with irons (Dawson Precision thin fiber front black rear) will shoot a little tighter group, but I feel that more about the irons vs dot.
Overall I'm happy with it and it's a much more refined pistol.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Texaspo:

You can always buy the barrel you want from SS.  

TXPO
View Quote

True, but I had the Glock barrel laying around, but never used it due the TiN gold. I'm not a fan (color), and I read good things about the after market barrel I bought. I'll end up getting a SS barrel in the future.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#21]
My friend has one, it’s a nice looking pistol, I had no issues when I put a few mags through it. I don’t recall anything remarkable about it, but the undercut on the trigger guard was noticeable and very welcome to my knuckle while shooting compared to a standard glock
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:
My friend has one, it’s a nice looking pistol, I had no issues when I put a few mags through it. I don’t recall anything remarkable about it, but the undercut on the trigger guard was noticeable and very welcome to my knuckle while shooting compared to a standard glock
View Quote

That's the thing, The Shadow Systems pistol aren't life changing, or anything, they are what I would have expected from Glock at this point in the game.  

SS has essentially refined the Glock platform, ergo wise, and with one of if not the best multi optic mounting systems out there.  

The guys at Shadow System were simply motivated to make the Glock style platform better.  Glock could have and should have done the same long before now.  

I know Shadow System's pistols have had some growing pains along the way, but after owning MR918's and others as well as some of the newest production ones, their QC has defiantly been stepped up.  That along with the fact their production numbers are also increasing means they will get more products to the public.  

They are gaining traction especially in LE here in the Texas, and I suspect they will continue to grow and move forward.  

TXPO

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:52:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#23]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Shadow System Pistols. The new duty pistol of the Colorado State Patrol.

Yes they are good guns.

View Quote

Colorado State Patrol chose a Gucci Glock Clone for their duty weapon? Good for SS but that’s definitely gotta be a first.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#24]

That's the thing, The Shadow Systems pistol aren't life changing, or anything, they are what I would have expected from Glock at this point in the game.  

SS has essentially refined the Glock platform, ergo wise, and with one of if not the best multi optic mounting systems out there.  

The guys at Shadow System were simply motivated to make the Glock style platform better.  Glock could have and should have done the same long before now.  

I know Shadow System's pistols have had some growing pains along the way, but after owning MR918's and others as well as some of the newest production ones, their QC has defiantly been stepped up.  That along with the fact their production numbers are also increasing means they will get more products to the public.  

They are gaining traction especially in LE here in the Texas, and I suspect they will continue to grow and move forward.  

TXPO

TXPO
View Quote

Which departments or agencies in Texas have approved SS for duty? I bought a MR920 elite but haven’t shot it yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:

Which departments or agencies in Texas have approved SS for duty?
View Quote

I can see lots of places approving (wild west style)

Issuing is what matters to me (putting taxpayers money on the line).
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one like em, they get more right than most others.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Which departments or agencies in Texas have approved SS for duty? I bought a MR920 elite but haven’t shot it yet.
View Quote

Didn't border patrol or ice or some fed agency adopt the zev oz9?  That would be a bigger Gucci gun than a ss.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DH243:

Didn't border patrol or ice or some fed agency adopt the zev oz9?  That would be a bigger Gucci gun than a ss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dept of Energy

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/08/03/office-secure-nuclear-transportation-selects-zev-oz-9-x-combat/
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#29]

The notice goes on to explain: “the scope of this effort is to obtain the Zev Technologies’ OZ-9 Combat X 9mm Pistol with 3-dot tritium night sights installed and 6 PMAG 17 rounds magazines per handgun. Additionally, OST requires armorer training for armorers, replacement parts, and the ability to purchase additional handguns.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:28:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#30]

View Quote

Baytown PD issues the XR to their guys.  Waxahachie PD was evaluating them a few months back, haven't heard the outcome.  Lots of agencies here have them on their approved lists.  There are likely a few smaller agencies up towards Dallas that may issues them as well, but I can't confirm on any.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Baytown PD issues the XR to their guys.  Waxahachie PD was evaluating them a few months back, haven't heard the outcome.  Lots of agencies here have them on their approved lists.  There are likely a few smaller agencies up towards Dallas that may issues them as well, but I can't confirm on any.  

TXPO
View Quote

Nice. That’s great.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#32]
Overall I have been happy with SS guns, but I do wish they would try something different finish wise.  I already have some serious wear on the War Pet and it only has 300 rounds through it.  It has been and out of a 6300 series safariland holster exactly 25 times, I counted, and the Nitride is already worn down to the silver on the high spots on the front of the slide.  

I have few Gen 5's, with the crappy nDLC finish that have been in and out of the same holsters, literally thousands of times over the past several years, that show zero signs of wear.  Yeah I know it's a tool, but it shouldn't look well used after only a week with very little carry IMO.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:44:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#33]
The new factory compensated models MR920P and XR920P that debuted at Shot Show are starting to hit dealers shelves. Just ordered a MR920P on GB today.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#34]
Bumping this to add that I picked up an XR920 Foundation this week and ran 269 rounds of ammo through it today. Mix of WWB 124gr NATO ball, Magtech 115gr steel case, and Winchester Ranger 124gr JHP. Ran like a Swiss watch with both Glock and Magpul mags, has great ergos, and you can't beat that optic mount system.

It's my new favorite handgun, and I am going to buy another.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Overall I have been happy with SS guns, but I do wish they would try something different finish wise.  I already have some serious wear on the War Pet and it only has 300 rounds through it.  It has been and out of a 6300 series safariland holster exactly 25 times, I counted, and the Nitride is already worn down to the silver on the high spots on the front of the slide.  

I have few Gen 5's, with the crappy nDLC finish that have been in and out of the same holsters, literally thousands of times over the past several years, that show zero signs of wear.  Yeah I know it's a tool, but it shouldn't look well used after only a week with very little carry IMO.  

TXPO
View Quote

Maybe the war poet is too Gucci, lol.  My mr920 has had 1000s of draws and carried in kydex appendix for going on 3 yrs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I picked up a MR920 Elite a couple of years back.  I haven’t shot it yet, but decided to apply a coat of clp to it a couple of months back.  The amount of rust coming out when I ran a patch down the barrel was horrific.  I probably ran 30 or so patches down the barrel to get all the rust cleaned out.  That pretty much soured me on purchasing another one of their pistols which I was considering at the time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SF1058:
I picked up a MR920 Elite a couple of years back.  I haven't shot it yet, but decided to apply a coat of clp to it a couple of months back.  The amount of rust coming out when I ran a patch down the barrel was horrific.  I probably ran 30 or so patches down the barrel to get all the rust cleaned out.  That pretty much soured me on purchasing another one of their pistols which I was considering at the time.
View Quote
Did you store it in a foam case?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#38]
People mentioning ergos: it looks like a gen 2/5 grip with an undercut, or is there something I'm missing?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By OptimusTrajan:
People mentioning ergos: it looks like a gen 2/5 grip with an undercut, or is there something I'm missing?
View Quote
They point more naturally to me than a regular Glock. The interchangeable backstraps are nice. And it has sort of a gas pedal for your support thumb.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
They point more naturally to me than a regular Glock. The interchangeable backstraps are nice. And it has sort of a gas pedal for your support thumb.
View Quote

Is the grip angle different?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Is the grip angle different?
View Quote

There is a huge misconception that the glock grip angle is changed on these aftermarket frames. The may be another frame out there that actually changes the angle slightly, but the lone wolfs frames do, and it is very obvious with them.  If you look at the way the magazine sits in them it is at a slight angle.  

The Glock grip angle isn't really the problem with them, it's the relationship between the front and backstraps, that causes the issues.  The backstrap is at a steeper angle than the front strap due to the hump.  This causes a strange grip angle.  

Most aftermarket frames and grip reductions, change the backstrap angle bringing it more in line with the front.  This changes the way the hand fits on the grip, not the grip angle.  

If you changed the grip angle too much you can have feeding issues, as you would need to redesign the magazine and followers.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#42]

There is a huge misconception that the glock grip angle is changed on these aftermarket frames. The may be another frame out there that actually changes the angle slightly, but the lone wolfs frames do, and it is very obvious with them.  If you look at the way the magazine sits in them it is at a slight angle.  

The Glock grip angle isn't really the problem with them, it's the relationship between the front and backstraps, that causes the issues.  The backstrap is at a steeper angle than the front strap due to the hump.  This causes a strange grip angle.  

Most aftermarket frames and grip reductions, change the backstrap angle bringing it more in line with the front.  This changes the way the hand fits on the grip, not the grip angle.  

If you changed the grip angle too much you can have feeding issues, as you would need to redesign the magazine and followers.  

TXPO
View Quote

You misunderstand, I like the glock grip angle. If this changed that then it would be a no-go for me.

I'd actually like to try even more extreme angles like how I hold a revolver.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#43]

You misunderstand, I like the glock grip angle. If this changed that then it would be a no-go for me.

I'd actually like to try even more extreme angles like how I hold a revolver.
View Quote
The front of the grip seems the same. But the back straps are interchangeable. With the standard medium back strap it points more naturally than a Glock does because it doesn't have the hump. From what I can tell the large back strap mimics a stock Glock grip.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#44]

TXPO
View Quote
My Grit Grips G19 frames have a different grip angle. But the way they designed it there is more frame material at the front of the magazine and less at the back so the magazine stays at the original Glock angle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#45]
The front of the grip seems the same. But the back straps are interchangeable. With the standard medium back strap it points more naturally than a Glock does because it doesn't have the hump. From what I can tell the large back strap mimics a stock Glock grip.
View Quote

Going off memory, the med ss is very, very similar to glock, the low is close-ish to 1911.  The high would be more than glock.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SF1058:
I picked up a MR920 Elite a couple of years back.  I haven't shot it yet, but decided to apply a coat of clp to it a couple of months back.  The amount of rust coming out when I ran a patch down the barrel was horrific.  I probably ran 30 or so patches down the barrel to get all the rust cleaned out.  That pretty much soured me on purchasing another one of their pistols which I was considering at the time.

No, just the factory zippered carrying case.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Going off memory, the med ss is very, very similar to glock, the low is close-ish to 1911.  The high would be more than glock.
View Quote
I finally decided to try the low back strap and I like it. Probably going to stick with this one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I've made Master shooting Glocks, so I feel like I have enough experience to really know what works in the platform. The Shadow guns feel amazing in hand, and look cool...but they don't run. The consistency and QC of the product just isn't there. I WANT them to be good guns, but they just aren't. They have a fan base that is full of excuses and has to justify their purchase. I think they push the 200 round break in as necessary because many guns won't see that many rounds. I've been trying to work out my DR920P, but finally sold it. The SS guns just aren't there.

I've got tens of thousands of rounds on factory Glocks from the 44 .22 LR (thousands and thousands and thousands) to the 40 (thousands of 200gr hard cast nuclear handloads). None of them required any break in. They are just as accurate, and more importantly, orders of magnitude more reliable.

I've owned an MR920 elite (wouldn't run with anything but 124gr NATO ball), an DR920P which had a trigger with reset issues, and both are now sold. I don't miss them at all. I still have a CR920 which I love the size of, and it seems to work. My MR920L Elite runs, but would fail a field test by a Glock armorer as when you hold the pistol vertically, dry fire it, and the slide will not return to battery when released slowly forward. That's a field test fail for a standard Glock, and the pistol has probably only 500 rounds through it.

I really really really root for the CR920 but if Glock came out with the same size gun it would be gone in a heartbeat. The MR920L feels fantastic in hand, but I'd not carry it based on my other experiences. I might end up replacing everything but the frame with OEM Glock.

Glock runs better. Anybody who says differently has either very limited sample sizes, little experience, or a bias they can't shake.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#49]
Sample size of one, but mine hasn't been picky with ammo. It also didn't have any malfunctions during the break in period. I used a mix of 124gr NATO ball, 115gr steel case, and 124gr Ranger JHP. It also seems to dry fire just fine with the muzzle pointed up and releasing the slide slowly. It does seem more sluggish going into battery than a stock Glock when doing this. Not sure if that's just because the barrel lockup is tighter though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I purchased a while back a compact SS MR920 Combat. SS suggests a 200 round break in but I had no issues at any time.  I've taken it to advanced pistol classes and shot the crap out of it.  Its a winner.  Since its based off of a Glock 19 Gen 3, it takes Glock mags which is really nice.  Another thing I really like about Shadow Systems is their guarantee that if God forbid you are involved with it in a defensive shooting situation and the cops confiscate your firearm, Shadow Systems will replace it free of charge.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Shadow System pistols (Page 1 of 2)
Top Top