Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2024 7:29:03 PM EDT
Anyone have one? Thoughts appreciated, considering ordering one to go with my Staccato but I’m torn between 5” and 4.25”.

If you have one, how do they run suppressed?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No firsthand experience yet, but I have a 4.25” bull barrel on order and am picking up a 5” bushing/threaded barrel version next week I snagged off EE. I’m interested to see if they are as good as everything I’ve seen/read.

They are a 1911 from the waist up so I would think they should perform similarly suppressed. I’ll probably slap my Optimus on the threaded pistol just for shits and grins to see how it does compared to a tilt barrel but I honestly don’t intend to run cans on pistols much going forward.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#2]
I like mine. Probably my favorite pistol. While I haven’t shot it suppressed, it has impressed me in every other way.. I went 5 inch and no problems or regrets
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a commander size Platypus, and it has run fine suppressed. Probably around 500-600 rounds through it so far. Zero malfunctions except my girlfriend limp wristing it. It has been 100% for me. Maybe 100 rounds suppressed. I have since changed to a GI recoil set up and still no problems. I even ran a comp on it for maybe 100 rounds, all good.

I will be buying another, just hoping they release a Glock 19 mag version.

James
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Will be picking up a commander sized one next week and will tell you how it shoots and how it suppresses. I also hope they come out with a glock 19 magazine sized one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My friend has a full size he abused it for 2k rounds with no issues. I think their wait times getting long tho.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm hoping for a Glock 19 size later as well. Let us know how it works out.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Revel1:
Will be picking up a commander sized one next week and will tell you how it shoots and how it suppresses. I also hope they come out with a glock 19 magazine sized one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I’d go 5” K cut and run EPS/EPS Carry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got 300 rounds through this one so far within the last week. So far my only gripes are the grip isn't very "grippy" and the thread protector doesn't like to stay put under sustained fire - even though they have a slick design that incorporates an o-ring to keep tension on the threads.

I didn't think I'd be a fan of the magwell but I don't mind it at all. The thing definitely outshoots me and feels very solid.

Bought this one lightly used, but it's got me real excited for the 4.25" bull barrel version I've got on order.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top