Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:They can run their business as they see fit.  

You don't like it, go elsewhere.  

Although I disagree with their stance, they're under no obligation to be my own personal movie theatre.  If they don't serve people in purple shirts, or don't allow smoking, or CHL folks to carry, or whatever it's their call.  If the service is not to my satisfaction, I'll find another place to go.  They're not actively advertising an anti-gun stance, or protesting your right to carry... they just want to run their business in a particular way.   If enough people don't go to their theatre because of that, they'll either have to change or go out of business, but all this campaigning is ridiculous.  Trying to railroad them into your way of thinking (even if I agree with it) is just as pointless as the brady folks bombarding you with anti-gun literature.

They weren't rude or hostile in their response to your enquiry, they just gave you their stance.  They're within their rights, you're within yours to go elsewhere.  Your campaign against them is needlessly hostile, IMO.

Does Cinemark have a posted sign?  If not, problem solved.

I agree, on one point that you've made. That over aggressive responses will no doubt, put a mental block from them to us.
Other than that..... If we don't let our voices be heard when we realize a problem, who are we to try to complain when our rights are revoked?
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#2]
My girlfriend brought up a god point. Just as she once was before we met, the person responsible for the sinage, might not know the significance or the impact it has on law abiding citizens.
Someone has to educate the misinformed populace......
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Wiki Alamo Draft House

owner email is:

John Martin
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They can run their business as they see fit.  

Although I disagree with their stance, they're under no obligation to be my own personal movie theatre.  If they don't serve people in purple shirts, or don't allow smoking, or CHL folks to carry, or whatever it's their call.  If the service is not to my satisfaction, I'll find another place to go.  They're not actively advertising an anti-gun stance, or protesting your right to carry... they just want to run their business in a particular way.   If enough people don't go to their theatre because of that, they'll either have to change or go out of business, but all this campaigning is ridiculous.  Trying to railroad them into your way of thinking (even if I agree with it) is just as pointless as the brady folks bombarding you with anti-gun literature.

They weren't rude or hostile in their response to your enquiry, they just gave you their stance.  They're within their rights, you're within yours to go elsewhere.  Your campaign against them is needlessly hostile, IMO.

TRB,

I disagree completely.

One thing we have learned from watching the BradyBunch and the civil rights movementwork is that public protests work and they work by mobilizing large numbers of interesrted parties to let the business owners know that his beleifs and actions are not tolerable or acceptable behavior.

If we do not take a stand with each and every business, Cinemark will be the next theater to post 30.06 signs becasue they saw that Alamo Drafthouse got away with it, then the Edwards cinema will post the signs and then, you will have no theater to go to.

I ask you Rabbit Bane . . . .  where do you draw the line?

Do you draw it early on and defned it vigorously OR do you wait until there is no place to draw the line?

What say you?  I know that as a gun owner, you have seen the effects of drawing that line late.

I believe that someone who runs a business has the right to run their business as they see fit.  It's not my duty (or the government's btw), responsibility, or obligation to force them to think as I do, even if I disagree.  Their freedom means as much to me as mine.  The ability to dissent on issues is as American as it gets.  If they protested my right to carry anywhere, it'd be a different story.  They simply hold the position that if I'm going to carry I'm not welcome in their place of business.  That's fine.  If I'm not welcome there, I won't go.  In that sense, they're very different from the brady folks, who protest my right to carry anywhere, and who use false and misleading information to persuade others to do the same.  Surely you see the difference.

They're not depriving me of my right to carry.  Their house, their rules.  My house, my rules.  If their house is a business, and I don't agree with their rules, I won't go.  I may pass the word along, but it's not my place to tell others not to go; they make their choices, I make mine.  If enough people agree and don't go, they'll change their policy or go under.  If not, they'll go their way and I'll go mine with no hard feelings.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I believe that someone who runs a business has the right to run their business as they see fit.  It's not my duty (or the government's btw), responsibility, or obligation to force them to think as I do, even if I disagree.  Their freedom means as much to me as mine.  The ability to dissent on issues is as American as it gets.  If they protested my right to carry anywhere, it'd be a different story.  They simply hold the position that if I'm going to carry I'm not welcome in their place of business.  That's fine.  If I'm not welcome there, I won't go.  In that sense, they're very different from the brady folks, who protest my right to carry anywhere, and who use false and misleading information to persuade others to do the same.  Surely you see the difference.

They're not depriving me of my right to carry.  Their house, their rules.  My house, my rules.  If their house is a business, and I don't agree with their rules, I won't go.  I may pass the word along, but it's not my place to tell others not to go; they make their choices, I make mine.  If enough people agree and don't go, they'll change their policy or go under.  If not, they'll go their way and I'll go mine with no hard feelings.

Although I agree with you on principle; I disagree that you feel I should not voice my concerns and tell others - as I deem it my moral obligation to advise any and all about the recipe for disaster that Alamo has created by providing a willfully disarmed bunch of victims to be.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
TRB,

You partially correct.  I agree, for the most part, that they can run their business the way they want to, but we, as the public, can use our economic power and the rghts granted to us by the 1st amendment to change the manner in which that business is operated.  

Further, as an attorney, I can use the power of the jury to change the manner in which they engage in their chosen business if someone is injured by the manner in which they choose to engage in their chosen enterprise.

Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Just in from Lauren:

Now she is just a figurehead with no power:

My apologies Sean, I thought you and I had already communicated...
another Sean (same spelling), I suppose. Since I did not inform you
previously, you should email [email protected] for further
communications related to this issue. The owner will be glad to get
back with you.

I am the General Manager, and I am a figure head for enforcing and
explaining our policies to those patrons who may have inquiries...
however, I did not set this policy into place nor any policy at our
store into place. That is how any business with a set of management
in place works. Policy is obviously not set by members of the
management team, they follow and enforce policies set forth by their
owners or board of directors, depending on the type of business...
which is the case at our store, as well.

I only responded to one initial individual who had written me about
the CHL policy quite some time ago because normally, I do respond to
the emails that come to this address. Since people seem to have
strong feelings about this issue, and I did not set the policy into
place, I do not think it forthright for me to act as if I do have
some ownership in the decision and continue to discuss this with
those concerned. It is a waste of time for those communicating with
me as I cannot make the changes that people seem interested in. I
personally have nothing to do with this policy, other than being a
member of our management team responsible for responding to the
communique of our patrons.

Again, if you would like to contact [email protected] they will be
glad to get back to you. I know this issue is important to many, and
I hope that these communications are fruitful for all involved. I do
receive emails about other aspects of our business, as well, and I
must stay on top of those, additionally. Again with the Happy Holidays!

Lauren S. Rogers
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I see from her email and the closing, she is just another check mark on somebody's labor department form.  She has no power, and she is PC.  Figurehead is the right word.  I keep getting this vision in my head of a carving on the front of a ship.  Other than looking nice, it serves no purpose.

Lauren:

merry Christmas... bitch.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRB,

I disagree completely.

One thing we have learned from watching the BradyBunch and the civil rights movementwork is that public protests work and they work by mobilizing large numbers of interesrted parties to let the business owners know that his beleifs and actions are not tolerable or acceptable behavior.

If we do not take a stand with each and every business, Cinemark will be the next theater to post 30.06 signs becasue they saw that Alamo Drafthouse got away with it, then the Edwards cinema will post the signs and then, you will have no theater to go to.

Do you draw it early on and defned it vigorously OR do you wait until there is no place to draw the line?

What say you?  I know that as a gun owner, you have seen the effects of drawing that line late.

They're not depriving me of my right to carry.  Their house, their rules.  My house, my rules.  if their house is a business, and I don't agree with their rules, I won't go.  I may pass the word along, but it's not my place to tell others not to go; they make their choices, I make mine.  If enough people agree and don't go, they'll change their policy or go under.  If not, they'll go their way and I'll go mine with no hard feelings.

Yes they have the right and I don't want to question their rights, but if you don't tell them why, they won't know why you didn't come. In fact if you don't say anything, they would never know that you didn't go there...
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I see from her email and the closing, she is just another check mark on somebody's labor department form.  She has no power, and she is PC.  Figurehead is the right word.  I keep getting this vision in my head of a carving on the front of a ship.  Other than looking nice, it serves no purpose.

Lauren:

merry Christmas... bitch.

LIGHTEN UP ALICE!

Typically GMs DO NOT set policy. If you want to BITCH someone out - you should go after the principals in this organization. Lauren's responsibility is to uphold the policies set in front of her. Chances are if she breaks those policies (in this case by removing the 30-06 sign) she would most likely be terminated. In all probability she is being DIRECTED by her surpervisors not to continue this dialog. We should stop shooting the messenger and go to the source.

I also suspect that her initial responses that SHE set the policy was intended to deflect this issue away from her supervisors. She is the GM and wants to handle this PR issue.

That said, I do not agree with the 30-06 posting and would not give them any of my business. I would also stear anyone I could away from their establishment.

The most important closing - this comment is JMHO!
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I would try the [email protected], [email protected]

Or the other owner at drafthouse.com
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Latest for Lauren, She is doing her best and willing to be copied on the emails.

Lets me nice to her and direct our annoyance at the owners.

I do see your points, and they are valid.  If you would like to keep me in the email circle, then please do.  I probably will not be of much more use to you where response is concerned as I will not get to dictate the future of this policy, but I am glad to receive your emails.

Yours,

Lauren
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone have access to SOSDIRECT?  I would look up the company's managers and owners if I was in town.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Latest for Lauren, She is doing her best and willing to be copied on the emails.

Lets me nice to her and direct our annoyance at the owners.

I do see your points, and they are valid.  If you would like to keep me in the email circle, then please do.  I probably will not be of much more use to you where response is concerned as I will not get to dictate the future of this policy, but I am glad to receive your emails.

Yours,
Lauren

Agreed, here is my latest:

Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:37 PM
To: SBR
Subject: Re: Recipie for disaster

What error message are you receiving to that email address?  I use it daily and several persons have used it successfully for the last few days.  It could be a full mail box potentially, as our corporate offices will be closed through weekends and the upcoming holidays.  I can forward your email along if you would like.  

I am sorry if my original correspondence was confusing, but you can now stand enabled with the knowledge that I cannot change this policy nor did I put it in place.  Where legalities are concerned, myself and my management team are directed from above.  

Lauren

On Dec 23, 2007, at 12:26 PM, SBR wrote:

The information you provided, [email protected], is not a working email address.
I would appreciate if you could provide the contact information for whomever IS the person that I need to speak with.

You state clearly below that this is YOUR business decision, and YOU do not have anything else to say about it.

Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 11:57 PM
To: SBR
Subject: Re: Recipie for disaster

Hi again SBR,

I politely ask that you leave me out of all future correspondence in this matter.  As mentioned before, none of this is in my hands.  I am sure you understand that I have a large amount of email traffic and cannot continue in all of these chains.  I do, however, wish you luck in your continued communications.  Happy Holidays.

Yours,

Lauren S. Rogers
General Manager
Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek

On Dec 22, 2007, at 7:12 PM, SBR wrote:

Lake Creek Draft house owner:

Your decision to deny lawful concealed carry onto your property is your right, and I do respect that right.

However, I deem it my moral obligation to ensure as many law abiding citizens concerned about not just their personal safety - but the erosion of their liberties - boycotts your theater.

This is not because I dislike your policy, this is out of concern for the safety of those who may not realize what the sign means – whereas the bad guys surely will.

I do not wish to change your opinion about firearms, and – if anything – hope to point out that by doing this is, you are sending an open invitation to any and all willing to rob, rape, mame, or kill that your establishment provides a willfully disarmed group of victims; and rest assured they will not give a damn what your sign says when they come to do harm.

Look at what just happened at The New Life Church where Jeanne Assam, who had a concealed carry permit, shot a heavily armed man as he began attacking unarmed people. New Life’s Senior Pastor Brady Boyd hailed Jeanne as “a real hero,” because the gunman she shot “had enough ammunition on him to cause a lot of damage.” There is no question that this citizen’s action - using her personal firearm - saved many lives.

Please also consider the story of Mark Wilson who sacrificed his own life three years ago on the Tyler Texas courthouse steps when a heavily armed, David Arroyo, chose to start shooting innocent victims.

And what about the recent mall shooting, imagine what could have happened had a responsibly armed citizen been there, or at Virginia Tech, or Columbine? How could the outcome have been different had a responsible citizen such as Jeanne or Mark been among the crowds?

If you are displaying the wrong sign, and 51% of your revenues comes from the sale of alcohol, then forgive me.

However, if you not wanting firearms there is based on some political statement – then I beg of you to consider for a moment what would happen if there was a mass shooting at your establishment. The blood of not just those who chose to comply with your sign, but the others they are unable to protect, will be on your hands.

Regrettably,

A former customer
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRB,

I disagree completely.

+1...I could not have said it better. Vote with your dollars, but vote politely. If the majority votes our way they will change or fold...if not we lose but can go somewhere else. Economics is the truest form of politics.....

Mark
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]
This isn't about economics, it's about public safety. I support the free market, but I believe the bill of rights trumps all.

Legally this is private property, and I respect the business owners right to do this, but I worry about the message that sends people who wish to do me harm.

Come here bad guys, our people are going to be sitting there unarmed, in the dark, with their backs to you - have your will with them just don't leave the seats to bloody or it will be harder to get the next batch ready for you!

Link Posted: 12/23/2007 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#17]
as they are excersizing their right to limit/exclude carry it IS about economics. Voting in this situation IS the way to change their policy if the $ vote is on our side.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#18]
one more thing... the surest way to come off like a nut (and by proxy make all gun people look like nuts) is have 10000 people who have never been to Alamo Draft House mailbomb the management calling them Lefty Pinko Rights-Abusing Shitbirds.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
as they are excersizing their right to limit/exclude carry it IS about economics. Voting in this situation IS the way to change their policy if the $ vote is on our side.

If you do not mind clarifying, I would appreciate further insight into your concept.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Why hasn't someone who is in the loop calling her on the fact that other franchises don't have 30.06 signs while hers does.  This points the finger at her rather than at corporate as it is apparently not a corporate mandate or the other franchises would also have the signage.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why hasn't someone who is in the loop calling her on the fact that other franchises don't have 30.06 signs while hers does.  This points the finger at her rather than at corporate as it is apparently not a corporate mandate or the other franchises would also have the signage.

I'm trying that also; as she has done little to impress me at this point.

Link Posted: 12/24/2007 5:19:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, at this point we know of at least TWO locations with the 30.06 signs.  Anyone else near another location to verify?
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 5:36:26 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife and I go to the Alamo Drafthouse because it is the ONLY place we can watch a movie without having it ruined by illmannered little brats, screaming babies{ if you can't afford a sitter, stay home} and the half witted talking on their cell phones.

That being said, I have never seen a sign at the two locations we go to so I will keep going. South Lamar and Anderson Mill. {Oops that would be Anderson Lane}
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
My wife and I go to the Alamo Drafthouse because it is the ONLY place we can watch a movie without having it ruined by illmannered little brats, screaming babies{ if you can't afford a sitter, stay home} and the half witted talking on their cell phones.

That being said, I have never seen a sign at the two locations we go to so I will keep going. South Lamar and Anderson Mill.

The one at Anderson Mill is the Lake Creek location...

Are you meaning the Anderson Lane? That one is called The Village.

edited to say; Thinking about it. The signs are not the legal size and location. That is probably why you havent seen them. I've been going to both for 2 or 3 years now. I  never noticed them before someone pointed it out on ARF.com.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well, at this point we know of at least TWO locations with the 30.06 signs.  Anyone else near another location to verify?

Did I miss something? Which is the other location that is posted.....?
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#26]
What are the two ocations?

If the signs are the proper size or location, then I'm not going to worry about them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#27]
You are correct. It is Anderson Lane. I have never seen the signs at either location. They are not conspicuously posted if they are there. Until they are pointed out to me I will continue to go to these locations for movies and dinner.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Am I reading the Penal code wrong, or does this say that a card or other written notice is sufficiant??

"Written communication" means:                                          
(A)  a card or other document on which is written
language identical to the following:  "Pursuant to Section 30.06,
Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed
handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411,
Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this
property with a concealed handgun";  or
(B)  a sign posted on the property that:                                    
(i)  includes the language described by
Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii)  appears in contrasting colors with
block letters at least one inch in height;  and
(iii)  is displayed in a conspicuous manner
clearly visible to the public.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
The Mason Road location in Katy also has the signs, added within the past couple months (noted earlier in this thread).

Signs are posted on two of the eight entry doors (nearest the ticket booth), and do not appear to be of large enough lettering.

Link Posted: 12/24/2007 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The Mason Road location in Katy also has the signs, added within the past couple months (noted earlier in this thread).

Signs are posted on two of the eight entry doors (nearest the ticket booth), and do not appear to be of large enough lettering.

I say we get the NRA involved and call for a boycott!
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ohhhh. Gotcha Sorry
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I have not seen a sign at the village. I am there at least twice a month. That place makes you want to carry for the late showings. The back of the parking lot is awfully dark Personally have had two bad moments while walking to the truck. Enough to keep you on your toes. My girlfriend still has a hard time with me carrying most of the time, but she would not want me to be without if needed. Once explained most people I have discussed concealed carry with understand our right as law abiding citizens. Some still will never get it. My mother for one.  I still get asked not to carry around her or at family outings. Makes no sense to me, but she is my mother. I know I got a little of topic but a few DosXX  on Christmas eve will do that  
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

you have to love the idiocy of liberalism.  I'm sure after these mass shootings in the last few weeks, liberal biz owners across america thought that somehow CHL holders pose the same risk.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
you have to love the idiocy of liberalism.  I'm sure after these mass shootings in the last few weeks, liberal biz owners across america thought that somehow CHL holders pose the same risk.

This is why I feel we need to strike hard and fast now.
I have never had an intelligent rebuttal to the Mark Wilson/Virginia Tech analogy BTW>
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Am I reading the Penal code wrong, or does this say that a card or other written notice is sufficiant??

(A)  a card or other document on which is written
language identical to the following:  "Pursuant to Section 30.06,
property with a concealed handgun";  or
(B)  a sign posted on the property that:                                    
(i)  includes the language described by
(ii)  appears in contrasting colors with
block letters at least one inch in height;  and
(iii)  is displayed in a conspicuous manner

I think that means that as an alternative to posting a sign, they could give you a card or other document with the same written language as the signs, and this would be legal notice.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 4:38:59 AM EDT
[#36]
height=8
Quoted:

(A) a card or other document on which is written
language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06,
property with a concealed handgun"; or
(B) a sign posted on the property that:
(i) includes the language described by
(ii) appears in contrasting colors with
block letters at least one inch in height; and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner

height=8

I think that means that as an alternative to posting a sign, they could give you a card or other document with the same written language as the signs, and this would be legal notice.

I think this is correct. Like if they printed it on the back of your ticket reciept.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
 I think this is correct. Like if they printed it on the back of your ticket reciept.
Isn't this kind of like ex-post facto law?  You don't know the rules until after you have already committed.  I don't know if this is legal.  Maybe one of the lawyers on here could address that issue.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't this kind of like ex-post facto law?  You don't know the rules until after you have already committed.  I don't know if this is legal.  Maybe one of the lawyers on here could address that issue.

It's just another way they can legally inform you that they do not want you to carry on the premises.  

It is the business' decision... but it's still based on a retarded notion.  

Maybe someone should print up some stickers saying something like

"CHL holders are 7.6 times LESS likely to commit a violent crime than the non licensed citizens of the State of Texas"  

(found on GunFacts PDF)

... and stick it on the window next to the 30.06 sign!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#39]
The way I see it, if they aren't posted at the entrance, they arent valid and I'll carry.  Its concealed for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#40]

height=8
The way I see it, if they aren't posted at the entrance, they arent valid and I'll carry. Its concealed for a reason.

+1 with this caveat, make sure you are concealed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
just sent email to ADH in reguards to their 30.06 sign telling them the truth about CHL
and the fact that I reserve my constitutional right to protect myself and my family. As long as that sign is up (following letter size and also in spanish OR not) they will not get my business. period paragraph.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is why I feel we need to strike hard and fast now.
I have never had an intelligent rebuttal to the Mark Wilson/Virginia Tech analogy BTW>

huh?

oh,

ETA: I thought it said my name.  Pretty close though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#43]
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/signposting.htm

Regulatory Licensing Service
Concealed Handgun Licensing

PROHIBITING HANDGUNS IN A BUSINESS OR OTHER ENTITY

In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

Download language

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:

includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public
Please note that while the language provided above may be downloaded for convenience, it does not meet the requirements of Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) and may not be used as a sign.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can contact the Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau at :

REGULATORY LICENSING SERVICE MSC 0245
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
PO BOX 4087
AUSTIN TX 78773-0245
Phone: (512) 424-7293 or (512) 424-7294
Helpline: (800) 224-5744
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone recived a response from the owners?
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, GOOD NEWS.  I went to the Katy location this evening (on Mason Rd) and the 30.06 signs are gone.  The "unlicensed carry of firearms" prohibition signs are still up, and have been from day one, but the too small to be legal 30.06 signs no longer exist at the front entrance.

Not sure if our contacting them helped or what.  Can anyone confirm if the other location still has the signs?
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#47]
I dealt with a similar situation in Tampa, Fl. some time ago. The local Blockbuster put up the circled and crossed handgun decal @ the entrance. I communicated with the corporate attorney ref. the policy/decision making ref. firearms. He was quite elitist in attitude. I explained the power of grass-roots activism and how alienating the RKBA community would effect the company financially. The decal was gone within two weeks.
Vote with your dollar. Let them know that you are doing so, or it will have no effect.
The poster who replied that the businesses have the right to set policy for their place of business is correct. We also have the right (I'd say duty) to let these folks know that their decision has financial consequences.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#48]
height=8
Quoted:
Well, GOOD NEWS.  I went to the Katy location this evening (on Mason Rd) and the 30.06 signs are gone.  The "unlicensed carry of firearms" prohibition signs are still up, and have been from day one, but the too small to be legal 30.06 signs no longer exist at the front entrance.

Not sure if our contacting them helped or what.  Can anyone confirm if the other location still has the signs?

If the signs are in fact gone, I would recomend:

Go there to watch a movie.
Send an email to the owner/ manager, stating that you had heard the signs were removed, you went to watch "whatever movie", had a great time, and will definatly return as long as you retain your right to protect yourself.

This basically encourages them to keep the signs down, by  letting them they are losing business with them up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Excellent, I will go to the Mason Road location this weekend and drop them a note after....good suggestion.

Amazing how sometimes revenue $ can be more important to business owners than liberal ideals?

Mark
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Cool!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top