Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Right at the top of a punchy climb, hit a log step awkwardly and rode/fell right into a big poison oak bush. Finished the rest of the ride and showered off within about 90 minutes but it wasn't fast enough. Already getting some hives. I thought the cuts on my leg were from the pedal pins, but they might have been directly from a poison oak vine

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
New bike day last week. Trek checkpoint ALR5 gravel bike.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Literally right now.  Can’t believe I a have full cell signal.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pictures.

Snapped this one today.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My first ever MTB range day. Luckily it was a short ride with a heavy backpack. Also luckily the backpack was much lighter on the way home

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
First weekend on my new (to me) bike. 2020 Specialized Enduro. Been a shit season, too busy to ride much, been running to stay in shape, but I'm Killington in VT for the weekend, and its awesome.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
My first ever MTB range day. Luckily it was a short ride with a heavy backpack. Also luckily the backpack was much lighter on the way home

https://i.imgur.com/9k2auOU.png

View Quote

So did you MTB with a lever gun?! Are you wanted dead or alive now?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Awesome pic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:47:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#10]
Oldie but goody.

I build this over a decade ago and see no reason to drop another $7-8K replacing it.

Sending the shocks off to PUSH Industries was one of the best choices I made.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File
Pulled the trigger on a Yeti SB-140LR while they are on sale.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cudakid03:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195398/IMG_0073_jpeg-2923306.JPGPulled the trigger on a Yeti SB-140LR while they are on sale.
View Quote

Sweet sled! How does it ride?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Sweet sled! How does it ride?
View Quote
I'm loving it so far. Coming from a hardtail XC bike, it is taking some adjustment. It is unbelievable how well it smooths the trail out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Trying to get some decent pics on my rides like the kids do these days... Treed in around here, don't get too many of those beautiful open vistas that so many of you display in your photos.

Best climbing Enduro bike I've owned yet. Loving it.

Attachment Attached File

Had a couple doe pass through and watch me watch them
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I see a lot of Maxxis brand tires on these pics

Anyone have the Grifter ?

I’m looking for a good hybrid/gravel tire for mostly
Road but a little dirt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:
I see a lot of Maxxis brand tires on these pics

Anyone have the Grifter ?

I'm looking for a good hybrid/gravel tire for mostly
Road but a little dirt.
View Quote

Maxxis is GTG. They're OEM on a huge percentage of bikes. I dabbled with Schwalbe and Teravail tires a bit but ultimately always come back to Maxxis. Not sure about the Grifter. For mostly road the Refuse is a solid performer. I can't attest to off-road ability though. The Rambler has knobs and might be worth a look.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 2:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoneB1B] [#17]

Maxxis is GTG. They're OEM on a huge percentage of bikes. I dabbled with Schwalbe and Teravail tires a bit but ultimately always come back to Maxxis. Not sure about the Grifter. For mostly road the Refuse is a solid performer. I can't attest to off-road ability though. The Rambler has knobs and might be worth a look.
View Quote

Thanks
Grifter is 29” only

Receptor is 700c and looks like a tread profile I could use.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice ride in Bethel, Maine today. Great little trail network.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:

Thanks
Grifter is 29" only

Receptor is 700c and looks like a tread profile I could use.
View Quote

29" and 700c are interchangeable if you use an appropriate tire width for your rim.

Originally Posted By PrincipsPistol:
Nice ride in Bethel, Maine today. Great little trail network.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/KIMG0816_JPG-2934327.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/KIMG0815_JPG-2934329.JPG
View Quote

Nice singletracks in Maine!
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JQ66] [#20]
I finally got some time this evening to take my new to me but old Cannondale caffiene 29er out for a short ride on a nearby rails to trails.
I wanted a USA made cannondale frame so bought one on ebay quite some time ago, and finally got the last bits of assembly done a couple months ago.
Need to make some seat adjustments or maybe even a new one.  But I hate the hard saddles.
Its nice that I have several nice rails to trails within a short drive from home.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Current set up, basque mud.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Current set up, basque mud.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/20230903_165107_jpg-2941560.JPG
View Quote

Is that a Guerilla Gravity?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:08:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#23]

Is that a Guerilla Gravity?
View Quote

Yes, gnarvana
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked this up last year to hopefully last for the foreseeable future. Tallboy AL, GX build, Yari, OneUp bars and Codes RSCs. Maybe some wheels in the future? Not much I really care to change at this point.

Out some fire road in Utah chasing my wife marathon training.

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JQ66:
I finally got some time this evening to take my new to me but old Cannondale caffiene 29er out for a short ride on a nearby rails to trails.
I wanted a USA made cannondale frame so bought one on ebay quite some time ago, and finally got the last bits of assembly done a couple months ago.
Need to make some seat adjustments or maybe even a new one.  But I hate the hard saddles.
Its nice that I have several nice rails to trails within a short drive from home.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319879/IMG_7621_jpeg-2939937.JPG
View Quote

Cool man, perfect multi surface cruiser

Yes, gnarvana
View Quote

Nice bike. GG has been on my radar for a few years, I like their stuff. Good to see US made carbon frames.

Originally Posted By maslin02:
Picked this up last year to hopefully last for the foreseeable future. Tallboy AL, GX build, Yari, OneUp bars and Codes RSCs. Maybe some wheels in the future? Not much I really care to change at this point.

Out some fire road in Utah chasing my wife marathon training.

https://i.imgur.com/A72ZIIm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4NPSqQw.jpg
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#26]
Some modest mods for now. 35mm RF Turbine wheels, Assegai 2.6 up front, XT rear brake...

Nice view of Mt. Washington and the presidential s from the north in Gorham, NH.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice bike. GG has been on my radar for a few years, I like their stuff. Good to see US made carbon frames.
View Quote

Many rumors flying about GG being dead. I don’t know for sure what’s going on with them but it’s not looking good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 4:21:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Sumo6:

Many rumors flying about GG being dead. I don’t know for sure what’s going on with them but it’s not looking good.
View Quote

Fffffuuuuu

Looks like they're going to transition all their production to revved industries and just do thermoplastics.

Its a great product that unfortunately didn't take off the way it should have. A high quality made in usa carbon bike for that price?

Should have been gang busters.

If they do a blow out sale i might pick up another frame.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#29]
The rumors are true.

GG is dead.

lots of reports of canceled orders.

unfortunately, they're also canceling orders on hardware kits.

meaning I can't even buy spare hardware for this bike.

that actually pisses me off. a lot.

I found a place called  Enduroforkseals.com that has bearing kits, but more importantly the hollow bolts that run from the chain stay to the seat stay are a known weakspot on this bike. they're no longer available.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#30]
The rumors are true.

GG is dead.

lots of reports of canceled orders.

unfortunately, they're also canceling orders on hardware kits.

meaning I can't even buy spare hardware for this bike.

that actually pisses me off. a lot.

I found a place called  Enduroforkseals.com that has bearing kits, but more importantly the hollow bolts that run from the chain stay to the seat stay are a known weakspot on this bike. they're no longer available.
View Quote

Yeah that sucks, that's the drawback to the smaller, "boutique" brands, can't always count on support. I went through that with my Zerode.
It's one of the reasons I went Specialized this time around.  

A shame to lose an American brand that was kinda going for it.

Enduroforkseals.com /RWC is legit though at least.  I've gotten a few kits from them. They ship quick.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Trek Slash 7.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#32]

Nice. Is that the current gen (5?)? How is it?

I had a 4 bar bike for a while (DW link/Dvinci SPRTN) and really liked it. Did everything well, missed it when I sold it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#33]

I had a 4 bar bike for a while (DW link/Dvinci SPRTN) and really liked it. Did everything well, missed it when I sold it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It’s the previous gen 2021 year.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sumo6] [#34]
Attachment Attached File

It’s not here yet. Next week.

2022 Orbea Oiz H2O. They tweaked the frame for 2023 but the ‘22 model is still a big move up from what I had. It’ll be good enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Still riding the ol faithful Chromag. It’s been all over, Utah, Colorado, West Virginia, Arkansas, Bike Parks to the Whole Enchilada. Love this bike.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Yeah that sucks, that's the drawback to the smaller, "boutique" brands, can't always count on support. I went through that with my Zerode.
It's one of the reasons I went Specialized this time around.  

A shame to lose an American brand that was kinda going for it.

Enduroforkseals.com /RWC is legit though at least.  I've gotten a few kits from them. They ship quick.
View Quote

I tried an order of hardware and they say they shipped them so.

they also keep sending promotional stuff in the e-mail so who knows wtf is going on overthere.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

My 2016 Intense M16 Palmer Edition and my 2023 YT Tues Uncaged 11.

I will dig up a photo of my XC bike that I recently sold and my eBike that I have been using to recover from a bad case of Organizing Pneumonia.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By streetstar:
Still loving "Levo life" .   Night riding in tight singletrack officially sucks though.   I'm still going to do it, as it might be my only way to get in rides during the week for a while ---  

Would like to find a better way to tuck up that headlamp battery than just velcro'ing it to the top tube  and tie wrapping it inside the bottle cage lets it flop a lot.  --    LOL, my "Pro Max" size iphone holder was ejected, phone and all , into the weeds after a slow speed over the bars incident

Love seeing the critters out at dusk though !

Have enough rides in to re-condition my backside so its almost time to lose that BMX cruiser sofa seat

https://i.imgur.com/0kXLruQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/J9aM2nz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9tswhhl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PCn5HlS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/t94NyER.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dLEg5wH.jpg
View Quote

@streetstar
One of those look like Turkey Mtn another looks like Lubell Park
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice rides. Good to see some hard tails. Still rocking my 2019 Trek Roscoe 8.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Some Super nice bikes posted here!
I just rescued this one from the trash last week.
I've already ridden it 40 miles
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wreckdiver:
Nice rides. Good to see some hard tails. Still rocking my 2019 Trek Roscoe 8.
View Quote
I'm seriously considering one of those.  A week ago, today, I rented one and did my first real mountain bike riding.  I'm just trying to decide if I want to jump with a less expensive bike (like Trek's Marlin series) or go all-in for a hardtail and get something in the same category as the Roscoe.  I lean toward the latter.  

Not my bike, but this rental was my entry into mountain biking and it's very possible I'll have one before the end of the year.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
I'm seriously considering one of those.  A week ago, today, I rented one and did my first real mountain bike riding.  I'm just trying to decide if I want to jump with a less expensive bike (like Trek's Marlin series) or go all-in for a hardtail and get something in the same category as the Roscoe.  I lean toward the latter.  

Not my bike, but this rental was my entry into mountain biking and it's very possible I'll have one before the end of the year.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/pic_jpg-2997734.JPG
View Quote

Looks like a fun sled. I like the oval chainrings too. Tried one the first time maybe 3-4 years ago and found they seem to help keep a good cadence on steep/long climbs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Here is my newish build to replace my older aging Ti bike. Newer geometry with boost and more front travel. Packed as much Ti as I could into this build. It is a much stiffer frame than the older one and is still very compliant and comfortable. Built some carbon wheels to go with it. Next step will be 12s AXS E tap.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By salsa:
Here is my newish build to replace my older aging Ti bike. Newer geometry with boost and more front travel. Packed as much Ti as I could into this build. It is a much stiffer frame than the older one and is still very compliant and comfortable. Built some carbon wheels to go with it. Next step will be 12s AXS E tap.
https://i.ibb.co/TRhG4Gy/20230612-140802.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:40:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Night riding

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 5:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#46]
Finally joined the club!!!  

A few posts further up is a large Roscoe 8 I rented about a month ago, but I went with the XL.

Of course, the first day I have it the local trails are closed and there is a biting, hard driving North wind.    All I could really do is ride it around the neighborhood.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#47]
I ordered a (I think the last) size 2 GG front triangle from Canfield...

I have a size 3, and per them its the correct size (5'10) but it always seemed a bit... unwieldy, like I really should have gone with the size 2 from the start.. the price for that last front triangle was too good to pass up. I stocked up on the hardware kits also.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#48]
First, I don't bike over the hills and dales. I walk them. However my son does mountain bike. I've told him he is way to anal about his bike.

I think these pictures and description of the bike proves my point. What say you?

1997 Jamis Dakar Sport. His original bike and the only one he has ever owned.

Mods:

WTB Velociraptor tires, new jagwire cables and housings, Rockshox 32 fork out front, Rockshox Monarch RL out back with custom spacers, Chris King headset, Race Face Chester stem, Race Face Handle bars, Race face seat post, Wolf tooth quick realease seat post clamp, Specialized Benn foot pedals,  WTB Pure Saddle, ODI clamp on handle bar grips

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Got my new Zeb Ultimate. Snow can go now. I wanna ride my enduro bike...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: radtrad] [#50]

Pivot 429
No elk, but I did have a good though unsuccessful stalk on a mulie later that day.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top