BCM
User Panel

Red dots on pistols.. (Page 106 of 108)
Page / 108
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

I got my DWX this week. Awesome firearm. Love it. Now I want a DWX-C.

Tryna decide on who to cut my DWX. Currently leaning DSC and have them DPO cut it (I don’t want to be locked into 1 optic footprint forever. Nor do I want to have it cut for an optic I don’t have right now (SRO)).

If I had another $2k, I’d convince Nighthawk to IOS Cut it, I’d have it CrN coated, I’d add a Surefire x300U, I’d buy a SouthernTrapper holster for show, and a Safariland for go.

Alas, I’ve got another $1k in my budget, so it’s likely RHT for go, DSC for optic, TLR-1 HL, and Werkz.com M6 for carry.
View Quote

I didnt realize Werkz made anything for the DWX. They're local to me and I shoot with a guy that works there at the local matches, but I've never had a handgun that fit their holsters.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

Homeboy is claiming he shoots competitively but the matches he shoots “don’t use PractiScore”.

Which is pretty much the equivalent of “my girlfriend lives in Canada.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NorCalRT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEnv9PYQT64

In case you dont cruise Instagram

Homeboy is claiming he shoots competitively but the matches he shoots “don’t use PractiScore”.

He's just another foul ball on the internet with an opinion.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fox2008] [#3]

Cheater.....I milled my first G19 slide on a manual Bridgeport.  Even though I practiced on 3 different pieces before I started on the slide I was still nervous as fuck....tapping the holes with that tiny ass tap had my blood pressure up

ETA: I'm not a machinist by trade, just a home gamer that's spent too much money on equipment and tooling in an effort to turn larger pieces of metal into smaller pieces of scrap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Maybe he competitively plays Time Crisis?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fox2008:

Cheater.....I milled my first G19 slide on a manual Bridgeport.  Even though I practiced on 3 different pieces before I started on the slide I was still nervous as fuck....tapping the holes with that tiny ass tap had my blood pressure up

ETA: I'm not a machinist by trade, just a home gamer that's spent too much money on equipment and tooling in an effort to turn larger pieces of metal into smaller pieces of scrap.
View Quote

Hah, my first 2 were done with an angle grinder and files and they still do just fine. One being an MPS/ACRO mount.

My 3rd was done manually on the bridge, but I wanted the radius and fitment perfect, hence learning CNC programming to mill a couple slides.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By grey50beast:

Hah, my first 2 were done with an angle grinder and files and they still do just fine. One being an MPS/ACRO mount.

My 3rd was done manually on the bridge, but I wanted the radius and fitment perfect, hence learning CNC programming to mill a couple slides.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grey50beast:
Originally Posted By fox2008:

The rotary table setup for the front radius was the second most stressful part, after the tapping.

I did my first 80% lower on a drill press and shitting Amazon X/Y table, 2nd one I "upgraded" to a Harbor Freight mini mill.....I'm not a stranger to making less than optimal tools work for the job....not sure I would have had the sack to try it with an angle grinder though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]

I still find it utterly shocking they haven’t released an optics ready model of the fullsize pistol at least. They claimed originally there would also be railed and non-railed variants of the C, but I haven’t seen a C yet in the wild with a rail.

Tryna decide on who to cut my DWX. Currently leaning DSC and have them DPO cut it (I don’t want to be locked into 1 optic footprint forever. Nor do I want to have it cut for an optic I don’t have right now (SRO)).

If I had another $2k, I’d convince Nighthawk to IOS Cut it, I’d have it CrN coated, I’d add a Surefire x300U, I’d buy a SouthernTrapper holster for show, and a Safariland for go.

Alas, I’ve got another $1k in my budget, so it’s likely RHT for go, DSC for optic, TLR-1 HL, and Werkz.com M6 for carry.
View Quote

You know the rule of thumb “the optic should cost as much as the rifle”? For fullsize metal frame performance duty pistols, the accessories (in total) should cost as much as the pistol
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:27:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#8]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

I didnt realize Werkz made anything for the DWX. They're local to me and I shoot with a guy that works there at the local matches, but I've never had a handgun that fit their holsters.
View All Quotes

Skip to 2:10, then again to 3:30
Mac 9 DS & DWX in the Werkz 1911/2011 M6 TLR1 holster

It’s an IWB holster (I want an IWB anyways), but if it werkz for IWB, their OWB light bearing probably werkz as well (I have no proof).

Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

I still find it utterly shocking they haven’t released an optics ready model of the fullsize pistol at least. They claimed originally there would also be railed and non-railed variants of the C, but I haven’t seen a C yet in the wild with a rail.

You know the rule of thumb “the optic should cost as much as the rifle”? For fullsize metal frame performance duty pistols, the accessories (in total) should cost as much as the pistol

Don’t tell the wife! And I’m cheating it a bit as I already have a 509T I don’t count in the cost of the accessories.

I just got a PM about a TLR-1 HL, so that part is likely done…
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Don’t tell the wife! And I’m cheating it a bit as I already have a 509T I don’t count in the cost of the accessories.

View All Quotes

509T is a good top-tier optic for a DWX. That pistol deserves Surefire, not a TLR. Don’t fuck up the aesthetics with a WML that’s not the same length as the muzzle Seeing that always makes me sad panda
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:09:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#10]

509T is a good top-tier optic for a DWX. That pistol deserves Surefire, not a TLR. Don’t fuck up the aesthetics with a WML that’s not the same length as the muzzle Seeing that always makes me sad panda
View All Quotes

Surefire is overpriced and not in the budget.
Attachment Attached File

Vs a TLR-1 at $145 (new) or $100 used.

I’m still trying to figure out how to shoehorn in a refinish to CrN ($450) and an elephant hide holster from TheSouthernTrapper. (add at least $100 for optic and light bearing options)
Attachment Attached File

I’ll likely have to slum it with “The Officer”, instead. 😢
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Skip to 2:10, then again to 3:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEer0zv9qc

It’s an IWB holster (I want an IWB anyways), but if it werkz for IWB, their OWB light bearing probably werkz as well (I have no proof).

View Quote

Good to know, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#12]
You can get a new TLR-1 HL for $145? The fuck did I just pay Optics Planet $300 for a TLR RM2? Granted it’s the green laser version but still
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cj3waker] [#13]
You really don't need a red dot

people say it helps you when targets are moving or you're moving or whatever

but you can point shoot on the move just fine

for posterity's sake
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#14]
You can get a new TLR-1 HL for $145? The fuck did I just pay Optics Planet $300 for a TLR RM2? Granted it’s the green laser version but still
View Quote

TLR-1 HL

The laser costs more, kinda apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:28:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bashby] [#15]
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:

TLR-1 HL

View All Quotes

TLR-1 HL

RM2 for $160

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:36:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bashby] [#16]
Originally Posted By cj3waker:
You really don't need a red dot

people say it helps you when targets are moving or you're moving or whatever

but you can point shoot on the move just fine

for posterity's sake
View Quote

I lucked out and did that once, then tripped and flagged the whole squad with my rifle

That's When He Knew He Fu$ed Up .Stage DQ .

Lucky shot @ :20
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bashby:

RM2 for $160

View Quote

RM2 w/green laser for $309
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#18]
You can get a new TLR-1 HL for $145? The fuck did I just pay Optics Planet $300 for a TLR RM2? Granted it's the green laser version but still
View Quote
When you catch the TLR1HL on sale they're about $125 or so.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#19]

I lucked out and did that once, then tripped and flagged the whole squad with my rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZG8Nteq-Q

Lucky shot @ :20
View Quote
This is part of the reason why slings shouldn't be used in competition environment.

The simple moving let on a square shooting area for a right handed shooter it is pretty difficult to not break the 180.  I hadn't considered summersaults
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#20]

TLR-1 HL

View Quote

RM2 for $160

View Quote

RM2 w/green laser for $309
View Quote

Ok, in case anyone else needs to hear it - NEVER BUY IMPORTANT FIREARM OPTICS, WMLS, OR OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT ON AMAZON PEOPLE. Your odds of getting a knock-off are astronomical.

Good places to buy from are Optics Planet, Midway USA, Brownells, Big Tex Ordnance, Primary Arms, and PSA
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Ok, in case anyone else needs to hear it - NEVER BUY IMPORTANT FIREARM OPTICS, WMLS, OR OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT ON AMAZON PEOPLE. Your odds of getting a knock-off are astronomical.

Good places to buy from are Optics Planet, Midway USA, Brownells, Big Tex Ordnance, Primary Arms, and PSA
View Quote

Meh, I wasn't recommending Amazon, it was just the easiest price reference. That said, I've ordered optics and electronics from there and never had an issue. If it's fake, send it back. If you can't spot a fake, yeah, stick to reputable vendors. BTW, Primary Arms and Midway both sell through Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#22]
NEW Holosun SCS Carry Hands On First Look

Holosun introducing a Carry sized enclosed SCS, similar to the SCS-320 but smaller. Appears to be an EPS/Shield footprint
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
New gat, who dis?
Attachment Attached File

I tossed my old 507C on it just to have something on it...
Attachment Attached File

Glad I did, as the 507Comp would have even more overhang. Not going that route now, and im not quite sure yet what I want to do.

Have new grips and a trigger on the way, and im heavily considering an upgraded ignition kit
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#24]
That's kinda hot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#25]
New gat, who dis?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481792/1000008171_jpg-3168088.JPG

I tossed my old 507C on it just to have something on it...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481792/1000008172_jpg-3168089.JPG
Glad I did, as the 507Comp would have even more overhang. Not going that route now, and im not quite sure yet what I want to do.

Have new grips and a trigger on the way, and im heavily considering an upgraded ignition kit
View Quote

Specifically for LO or general purpose do-all?

Needs a WML either way
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Needs a WML either way
View Quote

Using it for LO... ordered a holster that calls for an x300... so it'll have one
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Using it for LO... ordered a holster that calls for an x300... so it'll have one
View All Quotes

Needs a WML either way

Good man
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Battlewerx

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I need one of those ice magwells for my 17. I wanted an ALG but I don't think they're going to get around to making Gen 5 magwells.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By broy_jenkins:

I need one of those ice magwells for my 17. I wanted an ALG but I don't think they're going to get around to making Gen 5 magwells.
View Quote

They're nice and pretty big. I had one on my G19.5 before I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I’ll never forgive myself for not getting an ALG 6SM and magwell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

View All Quotes

https://www.agencyarms.com/agency-optic-mount-aom
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

TLR-1 HL $139.99 and free shipping
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Genuine WWI issued Colt is cooler

RUINED WW1 Colt 1911 -- 21st Century Update
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:12:34 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

LOL

"Conan what is best in life?"

"To see your Boomers driven before you and to hear their lamentations about what you do with 1911"
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#37]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvEjEvsFbM
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvEjEvsFbM

LOL!

WWIII Champ!!!!

In my drunken state it almost has me convinced to buy, machine and RDS a Blued Colt Delta Elite.

As an elder millennial, I don't know what has the Boomer panties in a bunch. The fact that the 1911 is viable, in any form 113 years hence is amazing.

If we are honest, Glock is old and stale as fuck. 2011 is the new testiment, and it's only a cunt hair away from 1911.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:57:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#38]

View Quote

So many missed opportunities. Such is life.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Just picked up an acro p2, do I need a special plate to mount to a glock?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

I don't know how bad the take is, because the audio is so bad. I'm guessing he fails at everything in life as bad as he fails at filming his videos.
View Quote

Homeboy is claiming he shoots competitively but the matches he shoots "don't use PractiScore".

Which is pretty much the equivalent of "my girlfriend lives in Canada."
View Quote
As of 4/15..........
LOL

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#41]
If we are honest, Glock is old and stale as fuck. 2011 and similar metal-frame, hammer-fired, doublestack, SAO 9mm pistols are the new testiment, and it's only a cunt hair away from 1911.
View Quote

Close, just required a little addition

Also if you really want to rustle some jimmies, get one of these cut for an optic:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Colt%20national%20match%20mid%20range&Sort=13

https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=S%26W%20model%2052&PageSize=24&Sort=13&View=1&Ch-Caliber=.38%20Spl
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bandanabandit1:
Just picked up an acro p2, do I need a special plate to mount to a glock?
View Quote
Unless it's got an Acro cut, yes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Bought a Steiner MPS for under $400. Seems really nice based on my initial impression.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Also if you really want to rustle some jimmies, get one of these cut for an optic:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Colt%20national%20match%20mid%20range&Sort=13

https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=S%26W%20model%2052&PageSize=24&Sort=13&View=1&Ch-Caliber=.38%20Spl
View All Quotes
If we are honest, Glock is old and stale as fuck. 2011 and similar metal-frame, hammer-fired, doublestack, SAO 9mm pistols are the new testiment, and it's only a cunt hair away from 1911.

I would love that. I've honestly been looking at those too. What I would really like to do is buy 2 of them, one with worn finish and whatever wear to cut / refinish / shoot. And another in more original condition to sit in my safe as my precious. For I too am at least part boomer who still loves classic 1911s. I just much prefer to shoot rds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

As of 4/15..........
LOL

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55162/1000035592_jpg-3189142.JPG
View Quote

What a shock!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Upgraded the dot on the Ruger this weekend and tossed the HD on the Staccato when it showed up last week.

The RMR HD is hands down the best dot I have used.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Retard was bullied into submission.

Little victories, folks…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Little victories, folks…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/1DF26C93-0739-4EB4-983F-B32529AD304E_png-3189318.JPG
View Quote

Make bullying great again!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Little victories, folks…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/1DF26C93-0739-4EB4-983F-B32529AD304E_png-3189318.JPG
View Quote

LOL.

I don’t even remember the channel name on that one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
Upgraded the dot on the Ruger this weekend and tossed the HD on the Staccato when it showed up last week.

The RMR HD is hands down the best dot I have used.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG_4706-3188430.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG_4577-3179429.jpg
View Quote

Curious why you think that? I havent seen  one mounted yet but i have a few guns needing something.  
Page / 108
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 106 of 108)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top