BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 108 of 108)
Page / 108
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna buy a Holosun and an Olight for my PSA Dagger. Just for the lols.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By grey50beast:

Who could have guessed that a person hating on honest use/wear would post 2 perfect condition guns sitting on rubber at an indoor range?

Do they even let you draw from holster where you shoot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

On second look, the rain probably isn't the cause of the issues. It appears that you installed your optic using the jaws of life. That is not recommended and typically does not enhance optic performance.

I can agree with all that and still get both

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576591/image_67197441_JPG-3199052.jpg

Who could have guessed that a person hating on honest use/wear would post 2 perfect condition guns sitting on rubber at an indoor range?

Do they even let you draw from holster where you shoot?

Both of those guns are less than a year old, so no holster wear yet. The .22 is brand new. That was the first range trip for it.

Sorry, not sorry for having nice stuff and a nice range to shoot at. I shoot and compete way more than most gunowners, I just don't throw my guns down the driveway when I do it. Nor do I install my pistol optics with a jackhammer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
I'm gonna buy a Grace Optics M1 and an Olight for my PSA Dagger. Just for the lols.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nor do I install my pistol optics with a jackhammer.
View Quote

How else are we supposed to meet the torque specs?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

Fixed
View All Quotes
I'm gonna buy a Grace Optics M1 and an Olight for my PSA Dagger. Just for the lols.

Fixed
That looks like hot garbage. Tempting, but wrong footprint for my slide.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:42:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grey50beast] [#6]

Both of those guns are less than a year old, so no holster wear yet. The .22 is brand new. That was the first range trip for it.

Sorry, not sorry for having nice stuff and a nice range to shoot at. I shoot and compete way more than most gunowners, I just don't throw my guns down the driveway when I do it. Nor do I install my pistol optics with a jackhammer.
View Quote

I don't understand the jackhammer comment.

Not trying to hate, just a tongue in cheek comment, but you seem intent on doing so for some reason. Do you boo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
I get you were there and saw it live, certainly could be blocking the beam path with debris, but your pictures will be a bit deceptive because your camera is focused on the red dot housing.  Even if it was cleaned up and in perfect working order, the picture would show a large bloomed out blob.  You need to force the camera to focus down range at the target or "infinity" to get a good image of what the dot would look like in a picture.
View Quote

This is fair. I was wearing gloves taking pics, several other arf members were there and saw the uselessness.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:47:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#8]
I don't understand the jackhammer comment.

Not trying to hate, but you seem intent on doing so for some reason. Do you boo.
View Quote

Your "open emitter" optic looks like it's been hit 87 times by a hammer. The housing looks beat to shit.

87% of this thread is shit talking, sarcasm and such. Lighten up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Not sure I understand a light extending 2" beyond the muzzle of a compact pistol. Might as well choose any full length service gun.  I guess if you like it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:46:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#10]
This will be replaced with an EPS soon. I have another fun project I’m working on that will get this 507 which GD will either love or hate.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]
That looks like hot garbage. Tempting, but wrong footprint for my slide.
View Quote

Were…Were you not listing components for a Hot Garbage build…?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#12]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crazykat-330.gif

Were Were you not listing components for a Hot Garbage build ?
View Quote
I was. And I'd probably get one if it was RMR footprint.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crazykat-330.gif

Were Were you not listing components for a Hot Garbage build ?

Fair point. Swampfox, Riton, Cyelee, Bushnell all make RMR-footprint dumpster fires. Objectively speaking, Holosun isn’t hot garbage
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Fair point. Swampfox, Riton, Cyelee, Bushnell all make RMR-footprint dumpster fires. Objectively speaking, Holosun isn't hot garbage
View Quote
It does rustle jimmies though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Action45:
This will be replaced with an EPS soon. I have another fun project I’m working on that will get this 507 which GD will either love or hate.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/IMG_1671_jpeg-3200069.JPG
View Quote

What vehicle is that?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cpermd:

What vehicle is that?
View Quote
Ferd F-series truck.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

Fair point. Swampfox, Riton, Cyelee, Bushnell all make RMR-footprint dumpster fires. Objectively speaking, Holosun isn't hot garbage

Don’t I know it
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:12:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#18]
Thoughts from the peanut gallery on the Sig Romeo X?

My buddy has one and likes it. The thing that I really like about it, is that they took the battery out from under the lense and moved it to the right end of the optic. It mounts super low. Cowitness with standard sights. And for a right handed shooter, that extra bit is never in your way.

The bad... Ping ping builds the parts, assembled in US. 2 MOA dot and No 6 MOA version yet.

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo-x-compact.html

I'm considering cutting this Colt and putting either this or the RMR CC on it

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Thoughts from the peanut gallery on the Sig Romeo X?

My buddy has one and likes it. The thing that I really like about it, is that they took the battery out from under the lense and moved it to the right end of the optic. It mounts super low. Cowitness with standard sights. And for a right handed shooter, that extra bit is never in your way.

The bad... Ping ping builds the parts, assembled in US. 2 MOA dot and No 6 MOA version yet.

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo-x-compact.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/media/sigsauer/gallery/ROMEO-X-GALLERY-5.jpg

https://www.sigsauer.com/media/sigsauer/gallery/ROMEO-X-GALLERY-2.jpg

I'm considering cutting this Colt and putting either this or the RMR CC on it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576591/IMG_6185-3206093.jpg

View Quote

If your choices are down to the Sig Romeo X and a RMR CC, get literally anything other than the RMR CC. It’s like Trijicon asked their design team “what would make the perfect concealed carry optic?” and then they did the exact opposite of that.

If you can stomach it on a Colt - and I’m being earnest here, not trying to troll - Holosun really makes all the best micro pistol RDS right now and everyone else is “also ran” tier. The EPS Carry and the new SCS Carry will hit all the same features you like about the Romeo X while adding the benefit of being enclosed.

I’m not the kind of person that thinks pistol optics HAVE to have enclosed emitters, but I will admit it is a benefit if you can swing it
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Either way though you should absolutely put an optic of some kind on the Colt RDS ALL THE THINGS
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Action45:
This will be replaced with an EPS soon. I have another fun project I'm working on that will get this 507 which GD will either love or hate.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/IMG_1671_jpeg-3200069.JPG
View Quote
I would hesitate to go to the EPS.  I really like it but the dang thing is on its third battery since October.  I would rather deal with the lint issue that be SOL and the thing be dead on me when I need it...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
I would hesitate to go to the EPS.  I really like it but the dang thing is on its third battery since October.  I would rather deal with the lint issue that be SOL and the thing be dead on me when I need it...
View Quote

Have you contacted them about it.

That can't be right at all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Either way though you should absolutely put an optic of some kind on the Colt RDS ALL THE THINGS
View Quote

You forgot to mention that the EPS has a 6 MOA version...

So yeah I ordered another ping ping special, for a Colt 1911 no less. The Boomer mind cannot comprehend this.

Even a few of my buddies are like noo you can't do this. Fucking watch me. The future is now, old man.

Advice received, heeded and appreciated. Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By gman556:

View Quote
I'll call them but there are a lot of reports on it if you Google it.  It's also 5,000 hours of battery life claimed vs 50,000 for the 507 comp
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll call them but there are a lot of reports on it if you Google it.  It's also 5,000 hours of battery life claimed vs 50,000 for the 507 comp
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gman556:

The new SCS Carry which has the same footprint and is also enclosed never needs a battery change
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#26]
2 drills to help master target focused shooting

Ben adding some more drills for dry fire training target focus and shot-calling.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osi1z7xuONg

Ben adding some more drills for dry fire training target focus and shot-calling.
View Quote

I really think Ben is onto something with his "training wheels" approach using little dots in the middle of the IPSC target. Aim small miss small is a real thing. It's hard to aim small in the middle of a brown silhouette.

It would be an improvement for USPSA and IDPA to add in some reference points on some targets. People wear clothing with designs, logos and buttons. Teaching shooters how to aim small and miss small at competition would be great. And it doesn't have to be expensive or difficult. Just using the circle dots, on some targets, would be an improvement.

I've seen very occasional attempts at this at IDPA, but it should probably be the norm in both.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:28:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#28]

I really think Ben is onto something with his "training wheels" approach using little dots in the middle of the IPSC target. Aim small miss small is a real thing. It's hard to aim small in the middle of a brown silhouette.

It would be an improvement for USPSA and IDPA to add in some reference points on some targets. People wear clothing with designs, logos and buttons. Teaching shooters how to aim small and miss small at competition would be great. And it doesn't have to be expensive or difficult. Just using the circle dots, on some targets, would be an improvement.

I've seen very occasional attempts at this at IDPA, but it should probably be the norm in both.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing and I'm going to add it to my mini training targets. I noticed when training, that using the smaller target (in my case the thumbtacks holding my targets up) helps with training target focus through an obscured red dot lens.

ETA: Did some draw and transition dry fire with the dots. Way better control and target focus. Aim small, miss small seems to still work.
Attachment Attached File

I found it much easier to get and maintain the target focus with the higher contrast of the drawn dot on the cardboard target.
Page / 108
Next Page Arrow Left
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 108 of 108)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top