User Panel

Site Notices
Fallout Amazon series (Page 27 of 34)
Page / 34
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By p3590:
I had no clue it was a tranny until mentioned here.  It wasn't an actor I recognized, and it was a minor role, so I didn't look them up.

Its not like Amazon followed the "put a chick in it and make them gay" Disney method here.  There were plenty of gay/trans/whatever characters in the games, going back 25+ years.

Either the complaint is with all of Fallout across the board, which is at least logically consistent, or it really is seeing woke stuff everywhere.
View Quote

You could take an episode of Leave it to Beaver and cast similar actors to play the roles and do shot for shot remakes of every scene, and they'd find something to be angry about...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
 I just wanted to see Lucy’s boobs.
View Quote

GD: I can't watch my kids with it, because its overly sexual.

Also GD: I just want to see boobs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By djkest:

I played Fallout 3, Most of Fallout 4, and New Vegas. I'm serious.

I'm talking about the flashback part at the beginning of episode 1.
View Quote
How could you have played those games and mistake the flashback scenes as taking place in the 1950's?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The show is like that weird dress picture that was circulating the internet years ago... some people saw a blue dress while some people saw a gold dress. The harsh reality is that the show is both at the same time. Allow me to present this argument in the framework of the Simpsons Monkey Paw Seller:

Seller: The show has a FEMALE PROTAGONIST!
Homer: That's Bad...
Seller: ... but she gets beaten down and abused more than she succeeds!
Homer: That's Good!

Seller: The BoS character is a BLACK GUY!
Seller: ... but he's a borderline incompetent habitual lair of a man-child who fails upwards as a product of a deteriorating system!

Seller: The Ghoul character is in an INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE!
Seller: ... but his wife turns out to be one of the main villains!

Seller: There's a weird HE-SHE BoS character!
Seller: ... but the he-she is a self-harming coward!

Seller: The white men are all depicted as GOOFY or INCOMPETENT!
Seller: ... but that is because by and large almost everyone in the show is goofy or incompetent!

Seller: The hippy NCR / "Communist" scientist woman is a STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER!
Seller: ... but her plans all more or less fail in the end and she dies like a bitch after basically turning on her super power generator only to basically hand it over to the BoS.

Seller: The Chicken Boy Troglodyte brother character is a COWARD!
Seller: ... but he finds his balls and investigates the vaults more or less alone, even going into vault 31 when he might be killed!

Seller: The show is CURSED!
Seller: ... but the show comes with a free Frogurt!
Seller: ... but the Frogurt is ALSO cursed!
Seller: ... but you get your choice of toppings!
Seller: ... but the toppings contain potassium benzoate!
Homer: ...
Seller: That's bad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I just finished it last night, and was pleasantly happy with the entire season.  

I laughed pretty hard about the BoS making their initiates/squires haul giant piles of gear, and go dangerous places without power armor....because I treated my companions about the same playing the games.  

Anyone that's butt-hurt about brief, mostly clothed, sex scene between married people on their wedding night, and also played the games has to be trolling.  

I think the best easter egg/surprise that would be missed by people that hadn't played the games was the Robco terminal hacking scene.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187397/terminal-3195104.jpg
View Quote
yeah honestly that was the best easter egg.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

The Raiders didn't kill the vault dwellers. There are plenty of clues that they killed themselves and/or committed suicide.
View Quote

I was thinking vault 33 battle in the first episode. I agree with the vault 32 dwellers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
The first nuke was launched in 2077, not the 1950s.  The show takes place in the 2290s and the flashbacks would've been in the 2070s.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By November5:
The first nuke was launched in 2077, not the 1950s.  The show takes place in the 2290s and the flashbacks would've been in the 2070s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By November5:

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Whew boy.

Imagine the state GD would be in if everyone in the show was a mixed shade of brown.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4b/35/28/4b35283ace4ed040b0b6ecb3a83ea3b6.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jhereg:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

I'd also view interracial as just being practical in a post apocalyptic US. Where if your goal is to keep the human race going, you gotta work with what you got.

Except in that small a community after about 11 generations the races are probably all going to be mixed.

Whew boy.

Imagine the state GD would be in if everyone in the show was a mixed shade of brown.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4b/35/28/4b35283ace4ed040b0b6ecb3a83ea3b6.jpg

Unless a particular vault was specifically/intentionally populated with a homogenous race, yep, they’d all wind up mixed after ~200 years.

What I found amusing from a DEI cast perspective, is FAT people. In a small, closed society, with limited resources, where you could reasonably expect EVERYONE to have to contribute, the likelihood of there being fat/obese people, is pretty ludicrous.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Most of us didn't even realize there was a "tranny" in the show and thought it was a butch girl...
View Quote

You can speak for yourself on that one.  I think the mustache made it pretty obvious it wasn’t simply a “butch girl.”
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

You can speak for yourself on that one.  I think the mustache made it pretty obvious it wasn’t simply a “butch girl.”
View Quote

You can read the thread and see plenty of similar responses...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By nvgeologist:
Yes, I do. And, I agree that it was intentional.

Now let's discuss the immediate self harm by the same character, and the admitted cowardice by the same.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKocher:

You don't think that every aspect of their multimillion dollar projects aren't well thought out? They don't pick actors and characters on a whim.
Yes, I do. And, I agree that it was intentional.

Now let's discuss the immediate self harm by the same character, and the admitted cowardice by the same.

How about the expectation that that twig would be able to even lift that huge bag’o’stuff for the Knight?

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked it, was it as good as something we would have gotten in the 1980's or 1990's from Hollywood? Nope, but those days are behind us and I take what I can get now in entertainment.

Definitely was better than anything that's come out of Disney or Netflix.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:
 I just wanted to see Lucy’s boobs.

It’s already overtly sexual… now show me a Lucy’s boobs.  My kids are old enough.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]

The 250+ year old combat vet/nuclear war survivor/actor/immortal may have become the character he played.

Maybe. Just a thought.
View All Quotes

Utterly contrived bundle of antihero memes and cliches.  He could be interesting, but the writing kind of blows.

The 250+ year old combat vet/nuclear war survivor/actor/immortal may have become the character he played.

Maybe. Just a thought.

I get it, it’s just dumb.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]

I get it, it's just dumb.
View All Quotes

Utterly contrived bundle of antihero memes and cliches.  He could be interesting, but the writing kind of blows.

Maybe. Just a thought.

My wife liked it. She hates video games. My old roommate liked it. He never played Fallout. I liked it. I played FO3 and NV. Amazon made enough money off it to greenlight a second season.

Maybe it isn't dumb.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:18:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#17]
Originally Posted By 103:
My wife liked it. She hates video games. My old roommate liked it. He never played Fallout. I liked it. I played FO3 and NV. Amazon made enough money off it to greenlight a second season.

Maybe it isn't dumb.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:

Maybe. Just a thought.

Maybe it isn't dumb.

Sigh.

My wife likes it too, and so do I.

The characters (including that one) are totally uninteresting and have no chemistry whatsoever.  That’s poor writing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]

You can speak for yourself on that one.  I think the mustache made it pretty obvious it wasn't simply a "butch girl."
View Quote
I thought it was an effeminate male, but, once again, I didn't put much thought into it.  

Or maybe females that take too much Buffout start growing mustaches?

Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

How about the expectation that that twig would be able to even lift that huge bag'o'stuff for the Knight?

View Quote
That's still the best part, since that's literally what the games are like.  Here, let me load down my scrawny companion with 87 kinds of junk to sell, 2 deathclaw eggs, 12 guns I don't have any ammo for, and some busted armor.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Maybe. Just a thought.

I finished the series. Explain again how some of them survived for 250 years after the nuclear apocalypse? Was it a Vax that made them immortal?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Consigli:

I finished the series. Explain again how some of them survived for 250 years after the nuclear apocalypse? Was it a Vax that made them immortal?
View Quote

If you're talking about the Ghoul, it's radiation...

If your talking about the Vault Tec employees coming from vault 31, cryo sleep...

If you're talking about Maldover, they haven’t explained that yet... its a common part of series to have mysteries hinted around that take a few seasons to explain (think Game of Thrones and Jon Snows mom)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought it was an effeminate male, but, once again, I didn't put much thought into it.  

That's still the best part, since that's literally what the games are like.  Here, let me load down my scrawny companion with 87 kinds of junk to sell, 2 deathclaw eggs, 12 guns I don't have any ammo for, and some busted armor.
View Quote
In 4 dog meat can carry a shit load of junk
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#23]

If your talking about the Vault Tec employees coming from vault 31, cryo sleep...

If you're talking about Maldover, they haven’t explained that yet... its a common part of series to have mysteries hinted around that take a few seasons to explain (think Game of Thrones and Jon Snows mom)
View All Quotes

So the cowboy who turned into a ghoul needs to keep sucking down the inhaler medicine otherwise he dies or turns into a zombie?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#24]

So the cowboy who turned into a ghoul needs to keep sucking down the inhaler medicine otherwise he dies or turns into a zombie?
View Quote

He turns feral if he quits taking that chem, which is basically becoming a zombie in layman’s terms.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#25]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
View All Quotes

My fallout financing is done through repurposing raider weapons and armor.

Merchant: fuck, here comes that vault dweller with 300 pipe pistols, 50 sets of raider anrmor, and 16 switchblades… I’m out of caps!  No wonder he can’t run.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Just finished the season up.

I guess I liked it overall. The BoS is odd. Perhaps they merged with the Legion out west? They certainly seem to lack much of the east coast BoS's military structure and have more pseudo-religious trappings, along with Roman names.

They did the NCR dirty, but them's the breaks.

I was somewhat disappointed in the combat. No VATS? No laser or plasma weapons? You see them about, but not a single instance of one being fired in any of the episodes. There was just something oddly overstyled about it, too. This isn't Borderlands.

Agree the pre-war scenes were some of the best parts.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

I guess I liked it overall. The BoS is odd. Perhaps they merged with the Legion out west? They certainly seem to lack much of the east coast BoS's military structure and have more pseudo-religious trappings, along with Roman names.

I was somewhat disappointed in the combat. No VATS? No laser or plasma weapons? You see them about, but not a single instance of one being fired in any of the episodes. There was just something oddly overstyled about it, too. This isn't Borderlands.

View Quote

West Coast BoS was always a shitshow compared to East Coast... that's a lot of why the East Coast group broke off on their own.

EC BoS wanted to work with others in the wasteland and utilize old technology.

WC wanted to hoard all technology and subjugate everyone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I have watched the first 2.5 episodes and I have to say, I'm already losing interest.

Too much woke crap
Fake version of the 1950s

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

@djkest

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feudist] [#30]
I started a rewatch.
I'd forgotten the Asian chick going in dry on Maximus when she repaired his armor doodad.
She was a lot of character for maybe 87 seconds of screen time. The voice, the look, the attitude and the anal.
Also the stoners at the organ harvesting store were memorably funny.
Thaddeus is my favorite after the Ghoul and Lucy.
Did Chickenfucker turn him into a ghoul or was that just more Stimpack style stuff?
Now that I'm accustomed to the premise of the world I see a lot more sight gags and funny interactions.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Yup. If he goes without the juice long enough, he goes feral…..which is more or less dying.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Exactly. It’s a fictional game world with many possible mechanics.

My guesses would be cryosleep in vault tec under a stolen identity, bootleg cryo from another faction like the Enclave or China, or her consciousness transferred to a synth.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#33]

West Coast BoS was always a shitshow compared to East Coast... that's a lot of why the East Coast group broke off on their own.

View Quote

Begs the question of why the EC BoS sends them the Prydwen and the T-60 suits, though. IIRC WC BoS never had anything more advanced than T-51b; maybe some X-01 scavenged from the Enclave.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#34]
Originally Posted By Azygos:

Exactly. It’s a fictional game world with many possible mechanics.

My guesses would be cryosleep in vault tec under a stolen identity, bootleg cryo from another faction like the Enclave or China, or her consciousness transferred to a synth.
View Quote

She may have been a Vault-Tech employee since she got bought out? But yeah, somehow cryosleep with the management. Got reanimated, red-pilled Hank’s wife and escaped.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PCB66:
The wokeness of the show with all the bi racial bullshit pretty much put a damper on it for me.

Those assholes in Hollywood are sick in the mind with that crap.  It is like they are afraid of being called racist if they have too many White people in a cast.

They obviously never played Fallout 3. The player's mother is black and the father is white. It's literally the first NPC interaction in the game. Probably more as a good excuse for making any character you want in the game without having the color of the parents screw things up.

The Cantelli couple in Rivet City is also a mixed couple.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

The EC went back to being like the WC once Lyons died and Arthur Maxson took over. They still recruit from the Wasteland, but are pretty much like the WC now. Maxson took Rivet City’s reactor by force to use it in the Pyrwdyn…..screwing the residents who now have no power.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Unless a particular vault was specifically/intentionally populated with a homogenous race, yep, they’d all wind up mixed after ~200 years.

What I found amusing from a DEI cast perspective, is FAT people. In a small, closed society, with limited resources, where you could reasonably expect EVERYONE to have to contribute, the likelihood of there being fat/obese people, is pretty ludicrous.
View Quote

Eh, I disagree.  Cheap empty calorie foods are easily processed. These foods would likely be in abundance in this situation.  And people don't exactly have a lot of room to roam about, and get natural exersize.  Given most of their time would be spent maintaining their enviornment to stay alive, and not purposful exersize...  I could easily see fat people.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Eh, I disagree.  Cheap empty calorie foods are easily processed. These foods would likely be in abundance in this situation.  And people don't exactly have a lot of room to roam about, and get natural exersize.  Given most of their time would be spent maintaining their enviornment to stay alive, and not purposful exersize...  I could easily see fat people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dyezak:

In that particular vault, I bet it's no big deal, as calories seem to be no issue at all, although it is mentioned that people starved years ago when everyone had to quarantine and couldn't work the fields.

Times of plenty will always create at least some fat people.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Maybe all those land whales that are "big boned" or have "glandular disorders" are telling the truth?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

yesterday I had dog meat carrying a full set of raider power armor and a shit ton of scrap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

He turns feral if he quits taking that chem, which is basically becoming a zombie in layman’s terms.
View Quote

Ok. So what is the difference between a Ghoul and a Fiend?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
I took the slow-mo gunfight in Filly to be sort of an homage to VATS.  And the lack of laser weapons was probably to cut down on VFX work/budget reasons, there's a lot of little bits where things looks a little "cheap" in other places similarly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Some of Moldaver's group at the end had 1918A2s and RPDs.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

That doesn’t mean the majority of people thought that the tranny WITH A MUSTACHE was simply a “butch girl.”
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thirsty:

@djkest

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thirsty:
I have watched the first 2.5 episodes and I have to say, I'm already losing interest.

Too much woke crap
Fake version of the 1950s

Click To View Spoiler

@djkest

Click To View Spoiler

Titus is played by a whiny fag in real life - Michael Rappaport.

It was a good casting decision.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Fiends are chem addicts who also sometimes eat people. But they have not been turned into ghouls by radiation. They are just fucked up wastelanders

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Fiends are a faction of normal post-war humans, but they choose to be cannibals and kill/eat other people to survive.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Ghouls are Pre-War people exposed to lots of radiation from the bombs. Instead of killing them, in Fallout it made them immortal.  And most of them insane and homicidally violent.

Fiends are just criminals and assholes.  Drug-addled in most cases.  Think, the baddies from the Mad Max movies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:

Fiends are chem addicts who also sometimes eat people. But they have not been turned into ghouls by radiation. They are just fucked up wastelanders

View Quote

Ok.

So at the very end of the last episode, Lucy's father has escaped. And is gazing at a city in the far off distance that appears new or untouched by the nuclear war.

What is that? A coastal elite city? A "management" city?
Page / 34
Fallout Amazon series (Page 27 of 34)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top