Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:19:05 PM EDT
Recently, I've seen a couple small tidbits of news about Loki Weapon Systems, http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com/. They look like they have some decent rifles just based on the specs from their website, but I'm no expert. Has anybody dealt with these guys before? Did anybody stop by their booth at SHOT show this year?
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know anything about the company, but their upper and lower receivers look great. If they were not damn near $500 for a set I might buy one. I like the not so plain jane look and those sure hit the spot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of their 16 inch barrels and it shoots very well.
They have really good customer service.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
i have two of them but mine are the billet recivers 6.5 grendel and .50 beowulf i will be making a video/ review on the rifels very high quality and accurate any questions about them just message me i do not work for them but i know the guys very well ...expect to have a video up in the next week thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Man I can't keep up with all these brands
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Man I can't keep up with all these brands

This

I quit trying. If the material the lower and upper are made of is billet or forged aluminum and they are in spec they are generally good to go. If not, dont buy it. Barrels and other parts tend to be sourced from other companies so find out who makes them and buy quality.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
recently contacted them for a quote on some parts.... so expensive.  

I mean i know that they are "different" and they look nice, but jeez... i am not paying $300 bucks extra on cosmetics.  Just ain't happening.

I don't think ill ever own Loki parts.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Just a heads up, the billet upper/lower sets are not mil-spec.  They  will only match up with LOKI billets.  The rest of their stuff Is mil-spec and very high quality.  They have been really good to me and I have nothing negative to say about them.  I love their roll mark and have a few of their forged lowers.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't had mine [16" upper] very long, but an initial trip to the range [only shot a few rounds to ballpark my scope, . . . to return later for a detailed sight in].  The quality is excellent.  I've never had a tighter fit on my lower than this upper.  It's like it was made for my lower.  I went with them because of the specs they offered, and the complete upper cost [with how I wanted it made up] was very good, IMO.  I chose their lowest price upper and went from there.  Very happy with my decision, especially after spending months trying to decide between the many great brands out there.

Link Posted: 7/10/2011 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been considering a Loki Patrol Rifle upper for a while.  Like to hear from others who have hands on experience as well.

Orion: How do you like the free float hand guard?  Can you say how it compares in size relative to a Troy TRX Extreme or YHM Smooth?
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, unfortunately, I haven't had any time with those other handguards.  The Loki is very nice.  Quite modular in that you can choose how many rails you want.  I may get another rail for below to use with an AFG and a bipod.   All the parts seem to be the best of quality.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
my billet 6.5 grendel from loki    18" http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/jwilson85/IMG_4560.jpg
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
their rifels are second to none i would put the rifle above against any im that confident in it
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
their rifels are second to none i would put the rifle above against any im that confident in it

Against any in what?  

That is a bold statement sir.

Link Posted: 7/10/2011 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
against any ar style in it class if there is another ,im not talking about side by side with a .338/.408/.50bmg but ar wise they are rite next to wilson ,lwrc, just word of mouth not as known but that is comming and they are proving thier selves more everyday
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
they are featured in the September "Guns and Weapons" and the August"Special Weapons" were they shot sub MOA with 5.56 and 300 BLK. so that should say something about this company dnt have to take my word for it look the mags. websites
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#16]
a bump for these good guys
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
against any ar style in it class if there is another ,im not talking about side by side with a .338/.408/.50bmg but ar wise they are rite next to wilson ,lwrc, just word of mouth not as known but that is comming and they are proving thier selves more everyday

Quoted:
they are featured in the September "Guns and Weapons" and the August"Special Weapons" were they shot sub MOA with 5.56 and 300 BLK. so that should say something about this company dnt have to take my word for it look the mags. websites

Quoted:
a bump for these good guys

Against any AR meaning what though?  That they will shoot tighter groups?  Last longer under sustained full auto?  Run longer in a torture test?  Punching holes in paper?  I dont quite get what you mean in that they are so amazing that they need to be in a competition against other rifles... and i dont quite understand what you are claiming they are better at?

I could name a half dozen other manufacturers who routinely put out sub moa rifles... and could build a sub moa shooter for less than the cost of theirs... so?  

I am not saying they are bad rifles or anything... they seem to be nice quality and such, but i havent seen where they are anything special or revolutionary, and like i said before.. i contacted them for some parts and the only thing "different" than other parts i normally use is cosmetics and they want a premium of around $300 more than I would normally spend... Any company that charges that much more for something that isnt a functional benefit isn't going to get my business.

btw... are you sure you dont work for them?
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#18]
yes im sure i dont work for them im a mechanic and own a family auto repair shop and currently disabled on work comp  for a back injury and will probley never be able to work again.so harp on.....im not asking u to give them your business that is your opinion ...im not going to bring my self to argue ur points the company is proving their selves.... people that were using top of the line ar rifles that cost way more then loki in comp. shooting are now using loki rifles because they perform better in all of the points you mentioned ...im saying the rifle they built for me shoots better then any i have handled and the customer service is wonderful they have been very good to me and every other person that ive talked to that has delt with them and owns their product has nothing negative to say...which is alot more then i can say for sum companies. alot of companies just gather up junk parts lable them as their own then when u have problem threre is no one around to take care of it (ask how i know i went through it )....these guys BUILD their own stuff and stand behind it 100% thats all im saying.. its a good company and awesome rifles....ask any that own them or know them...i hope i answerd some of your ???? thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#19]
as for reliability here ya go my durabo and if you think this is nothin try it with your ar and make a video  http://youtu.be/n9CNbxArMZo
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]
sorry couldnt figure out how to make a link to the above still learning the sight
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

people that were using top of the line ar rifles that cost way more then loki in comp. shooting are now using loki rifles because they perform better in all of the points you mentioned ..

Dude don't bring that shit here

.im saying the rifle they built for me shoots better then any i have handled and the customer service is wonderful they have been very good to me and every other person that ive talked to that has delt with them and owns their product has nothing negative to say.

All 4?
..which is alot more then i can say for sum companies. alot of companies just gather up junk parts lable them as their own then when u have problem threre is no one around to take care of it (ask how i know i went through it )...

And what experience do you have with all these other companies?
Use moar sentences and paragraphs

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
sorry couldnt figure out how to make a link to the above still learning the sight

Let me help with that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9CNbxArMZo&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#23]
TAYLOR great another basher, there are more then 4 people with these rifles ,all im saying is its a good product and a good company,   im not getting into another confrontation if you wanna find out what kind of product it is shoot one hell you can shoot mine ...and as far as my typing goes dude im a mechanic and long range marksman not a typing expert thanks for your concern ill work on it
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#24]
albatro thank you for making the link
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I've dealt with them personally and have purchased one of their 14.5" barrels.

They are great to deal with, innovative and quality oriented. Their barrels are 1:8 twist, boron-nitride treated and are as accurate as ANY barrel I have used. I would strongly recommend this company and their work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#26]
They use fail zero BCG's so there is a good start. They designed a custom profile barrel (around the chamber area) to allow a 500 round dump without experiencing  a cook off. They have done their homework. Check out their MOE rifle. Hard to find a better deal out there. I am running one of their rifles right now. I also own a Noveske barreled rifle. Being a full time firearms instructor I get to shoot more than most people (5 days a week) and am putting the rifle through the paces. Although they are nice guys and the rifle is made in oklahoma these guys dont get a free pass. Any issues will be addressed to them. So far its good to go. I have ran it for 2 weeks so far and its been great. My model is the forged upper lower and a 16" barrel. I have not lubed the BCG since I got it and it had zero lube on it then. So far no failures and I am running JUNK ammo through it. These guys dont have the rep that Noveske, BCG, and Larue do yet but they listen to feedback and are off to a great start.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#27]
ive had zero problems with mine as well ,same deal i have not oiled it
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
as for reliability here ya go my durabo and if you think this is nothin try it with your ar and make a video  http://youtu.be/n9CNbxArMZo

Ok.  

First things first... i like how they cover it in mud and then slap it around in the water... thus clearing the mud.  And the 4 magazine dump was really a bit much seeings how im sure anything in there was cleared out from the water bath and the first mag dump... but ok i can see where that can make some people be all like "impressive!"  Im not impressed but ok.

So if i do this, and my rifle functions as well... then what do i get for my troubles?  What do i get for risking my rifle/hands/eyes/life for doing a pointless mud test that most any AR could handle?  I did notice he didnt look for bore obstructions... sorry but if i do that ill be looking for bore obstructions...

Anyways... I don't feel like i really have anything to prove, nor do i feel like I have anything to gain persay from this... but i am a betting man... want to put something concrete on it?  Say bet rifles... if my rifle does that then i get your rifle... if it doesnt you can have mine?

Id be willing to do that gladly.

I also would like to point out... i am not a "basher" of Loki rifles or parts... i just think they are horribly overpriced.  And maybe their overhead is enough to justify the cost in order to make a profit... and i understand that... but the cost/value equation is such for me that they aren't something i would buy.

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#30]
they do have a big place... but the cost is nothing compaired to say a wilson which is not any better of a rifle just more known ,but all im saying man is if u look at the parts and work they put into their stuff the price really isnt that bad
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#31]
if we can get jessie to chime in that was a mag issue not the rifle on the 3 gun
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

if we can get jessie to chime in that was a mag issue not the rifle on the 3 gun

So you are on a first name basis with the guy sponsored by Loki, but have no affiliation with them?

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#33]
its on youtube you can watch all of his matches not that hard to find out buddy considering it states is name  in the video ,,,and if i worked for them id bemore then happy to tell u i do ... its just a new company that has treated me rite and i thank they deserve the attention , i dont get why so many of yal on here insist on giving me crap over this ,as stated b4 i have my own business yal want the name address and phone number to confirm it i mean damn come on
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
its on youtube you can watch all of his matches not that hard to find out buddy considering it states is name  in the video ,,,and if i worked for them id bemore then happy to tell u i do ... its just a new company that has treated me rite and i thank they deserve the attention , i dont get why so many of yal on here insist on giving me crap over this ,as stated b4 i have my own business yal want the name address and phone number to confirm it i mean damn come on

No offense but, since you're pretty new here, we've seen too many Shills here in the past. Not saying that you're one but, sometimes we hold reservations when it comes to someone promoting a new product. Even though my join date says 2008, I was lurking these forums for a few years prior to that.

I've never heard of Loki either but, the rifle does look pretty decent to me and the price isn't all that bad considering what some manufacturers charge. You may be totally happy with your rifle and service and I wish Loki the best of luck in their endevor. Every firearm company has to start somewhere and I hope they can maintain their quality and service even though I have no first hand experience with them.

The fact that they're new means that their product is also relatively new and there aren't enough of their rifles out there to really determine if their product can be put into the same category as the other manufacturers/builders who's product has been out there and has proven itself. Whether in combat, extensive field testing, and the like. As I said, I wish them the best but, also understand that most of us have seen the good and the bad of start up AR builders. Just my 0.02, take it for what it's worth..
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Seriously, guy.  I have a Loki upper, but I'm not going to pretend that they are the greatest things on the face of the AR-15 earth.  Quite frankly, I took [and am taking] a chance with them since they ARE new.  If they used quality materials [and it seems they have] and if they develope a market [and I hope they do so, more], then I know it will be good for their company and the shooting world.  The only way this will happen is for a few people TO "take one for the team", purchase an upper, test it, then report back to boards like this.  Stating that these are "better than all the rest" [so to speak] serves nothing.  

Why did I buy a Loki upper?  I felt the price was good.  The upper, before adding in the Fail Zero bolt [which has nothing really to do with Loki, since it is a business of its own], was priced right for me.  $340 for a mid length, free floated, 4150 nitrided steel upper was what I was after and they just happened to be the one that I chose.  There were others with those specs, but would have been higher in price.  So, therefore, I took the chance.  Only time will tell whether it will be a bust or boom [pun intended].  

Bottom line, tell your story, but try to cut down on the "my dad can beat up your dad" type of posts.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I saw one have issues at a 3 gun match recently, guy on my squad had to pogo stick the AR in the ground to clear the malf, twice I believe during the same COF.  

Just what I've seen from personal experience.  This guy was also sponsored by LOKI for what its worth.

Come on Jansen!  We all know that stuck cases resulting in the mortar clearance drill is a result of Jeff making ammo that wasn't to spec or  he was shooting some brass cased stuff after some wolf.  

I am sponsored by LOKI.  I have run about 500 rounds through my custom built gun.  Unfortunately, I can't find my picture.  My gun has the A2 stock, 14.5" handguard, Fail Zero coated BCG/trigger, and a Custom cut Satern 18" barrel.  I broke it in with 100 or so rounds of my handloads then switched to running about 400 runds of Tula steel cased ammo through it without a hiccup.  I oil the shit out of it like I do with any good AR even though the fail zero coating is supposed to be self lubricating.  I figure the fail zero coating is there to protect things when regular maintenance falls off not to prevent me from having to do regular maintenance.  I am in the process of playing around with the configuration of the rifle a bit.  I recently added a PRI fully adjustabel gas block.  I am going to experiment with some light weight Young Manufacturing internals.

The reasons that I choose to be associated with LOKI is that they are local here in Oklahoma.   They have taken very good care of me and everyone I talk to that has purchased their stuff.  THey sponsor our local gun forum www.BoomerShooter.com which I am part owner of.  I know the parts that they put into the gums including the ones that they do not produce themselves are of the utmost quality.   They will custom build you anything you want unlike the BIG guys that only let you place an order for what is on their website.  When you call them on the phone you often get to talk to Erik the owner.

Here is a great article by my good friend and team mate Chris Andersen who won centerfire unmagnified at the recent High Plains rifle match with his custom built LOKI rifle.  Chris also took 2nd place at the big Midwest 3 gun with the same LOKI rifle earlier this year.

High Plains Rifle Challenge on 3 Gun Nation

Here is the aformentioned video of me having malfunctions wiht my rifle all day at a recent match.  I wasn't shooting a LOKI that day.  I was shooting a custom $3500 JP.  Turned out one of my C Products mags has a bad spring or was bent and it didn't want to cooperate.  In my own defense this was my first match after getting out of my walking boot following the broken ankle so I am kinda slow.

Jesse Tischauser Shooting 3 Gun
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense but, since you're pretty new here, we've seen too many Shills here in the past. Not saying that you're one but, sometimes we hold reservations when it comes to someone promoting a new product. Even though my join date says 2008, I was lurking these forums for a few years prior to that.

I've never heard of Loki either but, the rifle does look pretty decent to me and the price isn't all that bad considering what some manufacturers charge. You may be totally happy with your rifle and service and I wish Loki the best of luck in their endevor. Every firearm company has to start somewhere and I hope they can maintain their quality and service even though I have no first hand experience with them.

The fact that they're new means that their product is also relatively new and there aren't enough of their rifles out there to really determine if their product can be put into the same category as the other manufacturers/builders who's product has been out there and has proven itself. Whether in combat, extensive field testing, and the like. As I said, I wish them the best but, also understand that most of us have seen the good and the bad of start up AR builders. Just my 0.02, take it for what it's worth..

oh i was around the same time intill they changed the email thing up ...so im not new was john.boy1985 then....but on ur post no offense taken really that is th first decent post outside of someone that owns a rifle has stated in this thread...and to ur point they are a new company but really u would be surprised how many rifles are really out there alreddy thank for you decent input

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#39]
i never said it was the best im just sayin with the two rifles i have they perfrom and are quality of the bigger names and i as u took that chance and for me it has paid off but mine are the full billet 6.5 grendel and a .50 beowulf not a .556 but there are alot more 223/556 out there in loki then what ive got and as you said its gonna take peoples feedback which is all im trying to do get people interested and give the company the credit they deserve
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#40]
anyone feeling a bit suspicious yet?
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#41]
hell, the OP used his second post ever to bring up these guys
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i never said it was the best im just sayin with the two rifles i have they perfrom and are quality of the bigger names and i as u took that chance and for me it has paid off but mine are the full billet 6.5 grendel and a .50 beowulf not a .556 but there are alot more 223/556 out there in loki then what ive got and as you said its gonna take peoples feedback which is all im trying to do get people interested and give the company the credit they deserve

Have you put your Loki through it's paces enough to be able to formulate such a strong opinion of Loki compared to these "bigger names" that you keep mentioning?
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#43]
warpig  ive put them through quite abit considering nether have been cleaned or oiled and i havent had a problem yet....i have log books on both rifles with round counts...
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#44]
but i mean the price is what got me i got full billet recivers, the bcg.trigger group and charging handle is fail zero coated, voltor stock, and is a satern barrel 1/8.75 twist stainless and fluted ,bwa brake , and their full lenglth free float hand gard for $2010 bucks i dnt think i could have got that for that price anywhere else ,,i mean ya could have built one but then i wouldnt have had a life time warranty
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
but i mean the price is what got me i got full billet recivers, the bcg.trigger group and charging handle is fail zero coated, voltor stock, and is a satern barrel 1/8.75 twist stainless and fluted ,bwa brake , and their full lenglth free float hand gard for $2010 bucks i dnt think i could have got that for that price anywhere else ,,i mean ya could have built one but then i wouldnt have had a life time warranty

You sound more and more like an advertisement every time you post
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#46]
ya  ur rite i am becuse they treated me rite id be doing the same if it was bushmaster that helped me the way loki did me. im a mechanic look it up on ase web site, dary and family automotive is our business google it, im 4 hr away from loki factory so think what u want if i worked for them and wanted to advertise id sponor the website im sure it dont cost that much and the more and more u post you make no since the op asked if anyone know anything about the company and i and ppl sposored by loki and tha own their product have chimed in and all u wanna do is say i work for them i tell u what google my shop call and see who answers the phone
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#47]
The bottom line is that these uppers [I have no experience with their billet upper/lower] are excellent quality.  The best name brand upper I have owned in the past, a Stag Arms [and I am aware that Stag Arms are not to the quality of BCM or Noveske], was not as nice as my Loki upper.  I hope to give more information on range trips as soon as the weather cools down a bit.  I'm not going to the range at near 100 degree temps.  

I would hope that all people in this discussion would allow each other their opinion . . . even if they don't agree.  Whether or not the Loki guys make a product as good as Bravo or Noveske is yet to be seen...being that they're a new company.  I hope they are!  They seem to have very good stats as per materials used.  As I see it, the more an american gun company can prosper, the better!
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#48]
ya ive been wantin to test sum new ammo but.... crap its been like 04-106 index like 115 feels like death outside
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I was looking to get a quality rifle, wasn't too thrilled with the wait for BCM and Spikes and Loki looked interesting, so i took the plunge and ordered a complete rifle recently (MOE M4 forged milspec), I'll post a writeup after i receive it, I placed my order with eric (the owner) and he indicated it should be about 2 weeks to ship- i plan on mating it with the TA31 ACOG that is currently on my bushmaster and putting about 500 rounds of mostly M855 thru it the first weekend.  I liked that LOKI use Fail Zero BCG and nitrided 1/8 twist 4150 barrels standard, should be good for the 55-77gr. rounds i intend to shoot.  My rifle in standard configuration also uses MOE handguard, stock, and pistol grip, for $1099 base price.  I elected for a Geisselle SSA as a $150 upgrade to replace their standard "Hand stoned and creep adjusted 4.5-5lb single stage trigger", i figured I'd finally treat myself and see what the hype was about with the Geisseles.  here's a link to the loki webpage for the rifle i ordered:

http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com/products/lws-m4-moe-rifle/

Loki appears as tho it could be close to BCM & Spikes in quality, I'll be sure to let you guys know my impression (good or bad) re manufacturing quality, accuracy, and reliability after i get a few rounds downrange.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#50]
shooting mine today will post pic up
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top