Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dump1567:
I'm guessing .327 Mag requires a scandium frame.  And a price tag of over $1K like the .357 mag version.  I'm fine with .32 H&R mag. which I believe runs around the same pressure as .38 Spl+P.  But with less recoil.
View Quote

DB came out and said exactly that. Plus they wanted to minimize cost and recoil. Basically .38 ballistics, less recoil, extra round, super light. Check out American Fighting Revolver, I think they have the videos from SHOT posted. Its Bryan Eastridge and Daryll Bolke, two guys who helped Lipseys bring this to life. You'll hear a lot of the why's and how this came about. You'd be looking at a grand or better to get this in a .327, but who knows, maybe if this sells enough and enough people ask for it, it'll happen.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jrod88:
Was thinking of picking up a Carry Comp once my bonus hits, but these may be a single run order, so Carry Comp will have to wait. Hopefully I can get an order in soon once they show up. Still can’t find them on Lipseys site.
View Quote

Lipseys and the guys involved said this is intended to be a permanent item in the catalogue, and that their intent is not to be just a single run order.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigfugly] [#4]
Originally Posted By jrod88:

Mine too, but read a transcript somewhere where they say it’s not a one run item.
View Quote

Probably from this. It will answer almost every question in the thread. I've talked to Bryan, he's an acquaintance if not a friend, word is, the grips should become an item available through VZ at some point. This pistol was one of the bigger hits at SHOT, with those grips being right behind it. And this isnt intended to be a single run.

https://youtu.be/Gl4Jp_itluc?si=6YDx075XpWXpsE_f
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be buying a 632.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:19:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#6]
Originally Posted By bigfugly:

Probably from this. It will answer almost every question in the thread. I've talked to Bryan, he's an acquaintance if not a friend, word is, the grips should become an item available through VZ at some point. This pistol was one of the bigger hits at SHOT, with those grips being right behind it. And this isnt intended to be a single run.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrod88:  Mine too, but read a transcript somewhere where they say it’s not a one run item.

Lipsey's AIM HIGHER Podcast SHOT Show 2024 - R&D Testing The Ultimate Carry Revolver
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm definitely in for a black .32 H&R. I already have dies, brass, and bullets, so ammo won't be an issue. If I carry it I will probably go against "common internet knowledge" and carry handloads.

I think the .38 Special version is cool too, but there isn't a shortage of good .38 Special revolvers. The same cannot be said for ones in .32 H&R Mag.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone seen these for sale yet?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypselus] [#9]
I got on a list for a .32 at my lgs a couple of weeks ago. They weren’t expecting to see any before early March.

Big thread over at PF. There’s a Lipsey’s rep in the thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?59468-New-revolvers-at-SHOT-Lipsey-s-release/page50
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#10]
Originally Posted By TIML:
Anyone seen these for sale yet?
View Quote

Someone on the S&W Forum had his dealer order him one of the .38 442UC & picked it up on Wed. the 28th.  His post is mostly complaining about the almost dead XS front night sight.  Looks like the .38 version are slowly dropping based on an internet search.  Mostly at inflated or retail prices.  No signs of the .32's yet.

New Ultimate Carry Lipsey's Model 442 - First Impressions
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
First video circulating on youtube

Smith & Wesson 432 Ultimate Carry .32 H&R Magnum: A Range Review

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll get a 432.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 549:
I'll get a 432.
View Quote

Same.  But I’m in for two; one for the wife one for me
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Love the 32 magnum.

I also wish someone in the lever-action community would make a 7/8 scale Model 92 in 32 H&R mag.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:59:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#15]
They had the 643(38) at midway yesterday

Still available
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Fishin6061:

Those grips will sell well. With the resurgence of the wheel gun, VZ really should make them available.

The flame cutting I find interesting. Doesn’t the 340pd have a little steel thingy just above the forcing cone to remedy this? Seems like an easy addition.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fishin6061:

I know one of the guys who was in on this and asked him that question. Flame cutting and forcing cone problems that have been seen in previous lightweight S&W revolvers were the reason they didnt do this in a .327. That being said, if this sells well, dont be surprised if they dont do something similiar to the 340pd. Having a buddy who is at shot trying to find out for me if those high horn VZ's will become something we can buy. If not, I'm gonna give the Hamre Forge grips a try on my new 340pd

Those grips will sell well. With the resurgence of the wheel gun, VZ really should make them available.

The flame cutting I find interesting. Doesn’t the 340pd have a little steel thingy just above the forcing cone to remedy this? Seems like an easy addition.

VZ is a good business and like to make money.  Unlike Smith, I believe that they will sell products that customers want once the initial rush subsides.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone have one of these yet?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a .32 today. Just shot 24 rounds of 85 grain jhps so far. Nice smooth revolver, decent trigger, fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the call today.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Love the 32 magnum.

I also wish someone in the lever-action community would make a 7/8 scale Model 92 in 32 H&R mag.
View Quote

Shit man, I’d be content with a full scale one, no need to get fancy!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Got the call today.

https://i.imgur.com/DZttyVq.jpeg
View Quote

Looks good. How’s the front sight?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Cypselus:

Looks good. How's the front sight?
View All Quotes
Got the call today.

https://i.imgur.com/DZttyVq.jpeg

Looks good. How's the front sight?
Great! If you're wondering about the dead front night sight issue, I've read that's only been the .38 versions.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Great! If you're wondering about the dead front night sight issue, I've read that's only been the .38 versions.
View Quote

Exactly what I was wondering about.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Bright and green.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:44:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#25]
Super stoked about these. I’m on the waitlist for a 432UC, and will probably get a 632, also, assuming they begin/continue to exist. I’ve been shooting my 432PD, and realized that .32 H&R mag is the revolver cartridge I’ve wanted all along rather than .327 Fed. Though, I’ll take a steel-frame 3” .327 with a comp and adjustable sights, also.

As for expanding projectiles, I carry wads in a .38 snubby anyway, so not a concern that I have.

Either cartridge with wadcutters is about all that I’m willing to tolerate for serious practice in an aluminum J, and as we know, .32 gets 20% more capacity along with less recoil and likely indistinguishable terminal effects.

I don’t think that most people that claim to shoot a lot of +P .38 or .357 (or .327) through an Airweight, Agent, or LCR really do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landric] [#26]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Super stoked about these. I’m on the waitlist for a 432UC, and will probably get a 632, also, assuming they begin/continue to exist. I’ve been shooting my 432PD, and realized that .32 H&R mag is the revolver cartridge I’ve wanted all along rather than .327 Fed. Though, I’ll take a steel-frame 3” .327 with a comp and adjustable sights, also.

As for expanding projectiles, I carry wads in a .38 snubby anyway, so not a concern that I have.

Either cartridge with wadcutters is about all that I’m willing to tolerate for serious practice in an aluminum J, and as we know, .32 gets 20% more capacity along with less recoil and likely indistinguishable terminal effects.

I don’t think that most people that claim to shoot a lot of +P .38 or .357 (or .327) through an Airweight, Agent, or LCR really do.
View Quote

I definitely don't claim to shoot a lot of +P/.357/.327 in small frame guns.  I recently acquired a used 332 Airlite in .32 H&R and it is a handful with nothing special .32 H&R.  I'm looking to forward to getting one of the 432UCs, that should be about the perfect weight for .32 H&R.

I'm going to the snub revolver roundup in SC in August:

Snubbie Round Up

I am torn on what gun I am going to shoot.  The snub I carry the most is my 9mm LCR.  It is also a handful though, and 500 rounds in two days through a DAO snubbie is a lot.  I'm seriously considering getting some "competition" (aka downloaded) 147 grain 9mm to use for it.  That, or spring for a .327 LCR and some .32 S&W Long or moderate .32 H&R.

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d like to pick one up in 32 to have the extra round. Currently have a 442 in my pocket. Feature set on these reminds me of the 640Pro
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#28]
Originally Posted By Landric:

I definitely don't claim to shoot a lot of +P/.357/.327 in small frame guns.  I recently acquired a used 332 Airlite in .32 H&R and it is a handful with nothing special .32 H&R.  I'm looking to forward to getting one of the 432UCs, that should be about the perfect weight for .32 H&R.

Snubbie Round Up

I am torn on what gun I am going to shoot.  The snub I carry the most is my 9mm LCR.  It is also a handful though, and 500 rounds in two days through a DAO snubbie is a lot.  I'm seriously considering getting some "competition" (aka downloaded) 147 grain 9mm to use for it.  That, or spring for a .327 LCR and some .32 S&W Long or moderate .32 H&R.

View Quote

I’ll probably go to that, also.

Do you handload 9mm?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#29]

I’ll probably go to that, also.

Do you handload 9mm?
View Quote

I do, but the older I get, the more likely I am to just buy common ammo, like 9mm, and save the components for ammo that is harder to come by.  A far cry from my younger days when I shot about 300-500 rounds a week and loaded them all on a single stage Rock Chucker.  

In the event I decide to use a .32 H&R or .327 revolver for the Round Up I will probably handload the ammo for that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#30]

I do, but the older I get, the more likely I am to just buy common ammo, like 9mm, and save the components for ammo that is harder to come by.  A far cry from my younger days when I shot about 300-500 rounds a week and loaded them all on a single stage Rock Chucker.  

In the event I decide to use a .32 H&R or .327 revolver for the Round Up I will probably handload the ammo for that.
View Quote
Doing 9mm in volume on a single stage is a huge pain, but, let me know if you’re looking for a recipe for light loads and I’ll PM you my subsonic recipe. I’d probably just get that .327 and find some lighter .32 loads, though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#31]
It's a step in the right direction, but I'll stick with my .327 LCR.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Snubbie Round Up

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:  Super stoked about these. I’m on the waitlist for a 432UC, and will probably get a 632, also, assuming they begin/continue to exist. I’ve been shooting my 432PD, and realized that .32 H&R mag is the revolver cartridge I’ve wanted all along rather than .327 Fed. Though, I’ll take a steel-frame 3” .327 with a comp and adjustable sights, also.

Snubbie Round Up

Yeah, I've got 3 finger Hogues on my 101, and I would not enjoy running 500 rounds of 9mm through it in 2 days.  That should be a damn good class though.

500 rounds in 2 days, take .32 Long wadcutters.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#33]
bought a Taurus 327 federal in black yesterday, simply because of people saying these can run 5 calibers including 32 acp, has anyone actually tried running 32 acpt out of their 327s? o was gooing to get some 32 hr mag yesterday, but the 327 federal, same brand and round court was actually cheaper.
they also had a 50rd box of double tap 120 gr hardcast I believe 327 federal, but wasn't sure if those rounds would function okay in the Taurus, as I know usually double taps stuff is meant for large frame guns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:51:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#34]
Originally Posted By elgin25:
bought a Taurus 327 federal in black yesterday, simply because of people saying these can run 5 calibers including 32 acp, has anyone actually tried running 32 acpt out of their 327s? o was gooing to get some 32 hr mag yesterday, but the 327 federal, same brand and round court was actually cheaper.
they also had a 50rd box of double tap 120 gr hardcast I believe 327 federal, but wasn't sure if those rounds would function okay in the Taurus, as I know usually double taps stuff is meant for large frame guns.
View Quote

I tried .32 ACP from PMC in my 432, and it seemed to fit too deeply into the cylinder to get a good primer strike. By the drawing, the rim is .01” thinner.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#35]

I tried .32 ACP from PMC in my 432, and it seemed to fit too deeply into the cylinder to get a good primer strike. By the drawing, the rim is .01” thinner.
View Quote

Hm interesting, but I wonder if it could be differences in the firearms? I tried a dummy round in mine last night at the FFL I got it from, it seated and the extractor was able to push it out, though the first time, the extractor went over the case and I had to pull it out by hand, so maybe a turn and dump after firing, I got a single box of pmc fmj to test fire next chance I get, because if they will fire without much issues, that would be very good as I can gt 32 acp regularly just for plinking etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:20:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#36]

Hm interesting, but I wonder if it could be differences in the firearms? I tried a dummy round in mine last night at the FFL I got it from, it seated and the extractor was able to push it out, though the first time, the extractor went over the case and I had to pull it out by hand, so maybe a turn and dump after firing, I got a single box of pmc fmj to test fire next chance I get, because if they will fire without much issues, that would be very good as I can gt 32 acp regularly just for plinking etc.
View Quote
the problem isn’t extraction, but rather that it won’t ignite. The rim works fine, and is larger diameter than the charge holes and the extractor star cutouts, but I described the “issue” poorly. It’s that the primer sits further from the firing pin. I’m sure this could be host dependent, but the rim’s thickness fore-aft is less than any of the revolver .32s that I’m familiar with.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I have an sp101 in 327 and it handles 32acp just as easily as the other four (327 fed mag, 32 h&r mag, 32 short and long).  Have fun with new shooters by putting all 5 (plus one extra 327) in the cylinder so they can experience different recoil levels.  They know it before shooting, as I don’t want them dropping the gun if 327 comes up first
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By elgin25:  bought a Taurus 327 federal in black yesterday, simply because of people saying these can run 5 calibers including 32 acp, has anyone actually tried running 32 acpt out of their 327s? o was gooing to get some 32 hr mag yesterday, but the 327 federal, same brand and round court was actually cheaper.
View Quote

Are there any large frame .327s?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote

Not that I am aware of but i am not knowldgable on the the various revolver frame sizes etc. I used to have a single action 45 colt cowboy action type revolver, and I had a box of double tap 45 colt 325gr wfngc hardcast, fired 2-3 rounds before the hammer locked back and h cylinder would not rotate, I didn't even know at the time that those rounds where only meant for large frame revolvers, but it broke the little piece on the bottom of the frame that holds the cylender in place after each rotation, and I think may have even swelled the cylender. granted I know 45 colt at 325gr Is a much bigger difference then 120gr in that DT 327 federal I saw.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

You have to go to a Ruger and get a GP100 in .327.   They also have the SP101 which maybe between a j and a k frame size smith.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

You have to go to a Ruger and get a GP100 in .327.   They also have the SP101 which maybe between a j and a k frame size smith.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Are there any large frame .327s?

What is that, an 8 round .327?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Is the Henry the only long gun chambered in 327 federal? I was thinking of getting a lver gun or break action single shot in it but not wanting to pay Henry prices.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#44]

Not that I am aware of but i am not knowldgable on the the various revolver frame sizes etc. I used to have a single action 45 colt cowboy action type revolver, and I had a box of double tap 45 colt 325gr wfngc hardcast, fired 2-3 rounds before the hammer locked back and h cylinder would not rotate, I didn't even know at the time that those rounds where only meant for large frame revolvers, but it broke the little piece on the bottom of the frame that holds the cylender in place after each rotation, and I think may have even swelled the cylender. granted I know 45 colt at 325gr Is a much bigger difference then 120gr in that DT 327 federal I saw.
View Quote
From the sounds of it, it’s not the bullet weight that wrecked your .45 gun, but pressure. Probably a lot of overlap between 325gr hardcast ammo and ammo that exceeds what a repro 1873 single action can handle, though. Likely outside of   SAAMI specs, assuming the repro was good quality.

Because .327 is a relatively new cartridge and thus only chambered in modern guns, anything so labeled should be able to handle it safely, though some guns may be less durable than others, gaining slop as empty ammo boxes pile up.

Henry is the only .327 levergun I know of.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

7 as already answered,......one more reason I like the 101 as it’s 6.   If I keep all my revolvers with six cylinders then I got a better chance of keeping count.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#46]

7 as already answered,......one more reason I like the 101 as it’s 6.   If I keep all my revolvers with six cylinders then I got a better chance of keeping count.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  What is that, an 8 round .327?

There are some mag whores on here, but I think you're the first cylinder whore I've found.  How many cylinders do you have?  You keep 6 cylinders for each revolver you have?  Post pics, I really wanna see at least some of your cylinder collection.  Do you stockpile barrels & small parts as well?

I have two spare cylinders - .22 WMR - for two .22 LR revolvers I have, and with one of em I had to buy an entire spare gun to get it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:41:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#47]

There are some mag whores on here, but I think you're the first cylinder whore I've found.  How many cylinders do you have?  You keep 6 cylinders for each revolver you have?  Post pics, I really wanna see at least some of your cylinder collection.  Do you stockpile barrels & small parts as well?

I have two spare cylinders - .22 WMR - for two .22 LR revolvers I have, and with one of em I had to buy an entire spare gun to get it.
View Quote

Ha!

All my cylinders come with frames!  I don’t even have a single six convertible anymore so I am precisely 1:1 six hole cylinders to six shooters.  No 7s,8s, 10s and no 5 holers.   Not that I wouldn’t mind a j frame .38, I just don’t have one.  My j frames six shot are .22s and a .32 S&W long.

I am not a smart man . but I can mostly count to six.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21064/IMG_2587_jpeg-3185878.JPG

I want that badly... because.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I own the 8 shot Blackhawk, 7shot gp100, 6 shot 101 and a Single Seven 7 shooter.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I just picked up a 632UC 10% of MSRP. Does anyone know if a standard J Frame holster will fit it?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top