Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Gen 2 doing the 1K round steel case ammo torture test

Arex Delta Gen 2 vs. 1,000 Rounds of Steel 9mm ZQI Ammo
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
As soon as my ANR Designs holster gets here, this is my new EDC.

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
As soon as my ANR Designs holster gets here, this is my new EDC.

https://i.imgur.com/PlqGCFa.jpg
View Quote

What sights did you put on it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

What sights did you put on it?
View Quote

Those are Dawson SIG P320 sights.  The rear is a .325 fixed carry, and the front is the .330.  You can just see the top of the sights over the RMR base.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Gen 2 doing the 1K round steel case ammo torture test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR_O7upGEFg
View Quote

Three failures out of 1000. I'm betting at least two were ammo related.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Those are Dawson SIG P320 sights.  The rear is a .325 fixed carry, and the front is the .330.  You can just see the top of the sights over the RMR base.
View Quote

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Dug out the Gen 1 today after a hiatus. Damn, it's slim. Damn, it's light.

Unfortunately it fits poorly into my [nerd] SLICC IWB holster. It's the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
gunzonedeals.com has good prices on the Delta Gen 2s. You have to add them to the cart to see the sales; about $80 off listed prices.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Any members here have a Zero 1 Tactical to compare the locking lugs against a Delta Gen 2 “L” or any Gen 2 Delta variant?   Would be interesting to know if they’re functionally compatible.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kholm0804:
Any members here have a Zero 1 Tactical to compare the locking lugs against a Delta Gen 2 “L” or any Gen 2 Delta variant?   Would be interesting to know if they’re functionally compatible.
View Quote

I have a zero 1S. No, they are not. The prongs for the loaded indicator are too wide.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#11]
KYGUNCO sent out a sale flyer this morning with a full range of Gen 2 Deltas. Must add item to cart to see price.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#12]
KYGUNCO sent out a sale flyer this morning with a full range of Gen 2 Deltas. Must add item to cart to see price.

View Quote

415  M
426  X
437  L
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brianjkeene] [#13]
For those interested. I sent my gen2 out to CHWPS to design a metal RMR plate for these guns.

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have a 6354DO (Glock) and modded it for the Delta L?  I’m curious if it would be a fruitful effort or if I should keep looking for a Safariland compatible holster like a TREX Arms.  

I put 330 rounds through it with a 508T, and it’s a damn good shooter.  The optic was dead nuts on and the whole package is a laser.  I ordered 10 more nineteen round mags from DK, I like it that much.   The grip angle is perfect with the largest backstrap on.  The extended mag release will be a must, but otherwise 9.99/10 in terms of performance and ergo’s, especially considering the deal I got for it off the EE never fired.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Kholm0804:
Does anyone have a 6354DO (Glock) and modded it for the Delta L?  I’m curious if it would be a fruitful effort or if I should keep looking for a Safariland compatible holster like a TREX Arms.  

I put 330 rounds through it with a 508T, and it’s a damn good shooter.  The optic was dead nuts on and the whole package is a laser.  I ordered 10 more nineteen round mags from DK, I like it that much.   The grip angle is perfect with the largest backstrap on.  The extended mag release will be a must, but otherwise 9.99/10 in terms of performance and ergo’s, especially considering the deal I got for it off the EE never fired.
View Quote

Not sure about the 6354 but I know people here have fit it in a light bearing 6390RDS
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Also curious as to what screws you’re using to mount specifically Holosun RDS’ to these pistols. The Type 2 RMR / Holosun plate doesn’t fit the smaller hex nuts to the underside, so using the larger hex nuts leaves you to using the larger diameter screws, which in turn do not fit down into the recesses through the 508T.  It’s bearing down on the top of the optic housing.  Are there other screws available in similar size/thread that have the flat head / socket to fit the recess better?  Can someone confirm the appropriate size so I can source them locally?  Apologies for the mass of questions, but you know, collaborative learning.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally was able to grab a Delta M, tag for more info.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Man I want one bad, but their pricing as a company is so unstable I can’t justify these for a platform. What happens when they get a wild hair up their ass and double their prices like they did with their Sig clones.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Man I want one bad, but their pricing as a company is so unstable I can’t justify these for a platform. What happens when they get a wild hair up their ass and double their prices like they did with their Sig clones.
View Quote

I doubt that’s likely. Plastic striker 9mm is a cutthroat market.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

AREX has always priced the Zero 1 about the same. I believe you are thinking of the Serb version (Zastava) of the same gun. They came in dirt cheap and now cost more than the Arex.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#21]

AREX has always priced the Zero 1 about the same. I believe you are thinking of the Serb version (Zastava) of the same gun. They came in dirt cheap and now cost more than the Arex.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He's sort of right; it has more to do with the switch of Importer/Distributor.

FIME Group was the importer for the first few years. I had very bad results with attempting to contact them on anything, and finally said "screw it" and just started contacting Arex direct with questions. They cleared some of the pistols out at one point, so they were going in the $500 range OTD. I bought my first Zero 1 for $485.

Global Ordnance is much easier to deal with, and has basically been handling things from the start with the Delta's. FIME was more interested in putting pictures up on Instagram.

The only real change that has occurred with Global Ordnance, was the switch from Gen 1 to Gen 2, and they cleared out the left-over Gen 1's. I bought several for $325, and have now upgraded them to Gen 2 frames for about $55/frame.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:03:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#22]
Pretty much what Ark said. I remember passing on a full size 9mm for $430. Went to buy one a few months later and they were $700 from the same place. Ended up just buying a Sig instead.

Switching distributors explains it though.

Originally Posted By ken_mays:

I doubt that’s likely. Plastic striker 9mm is a cutthroat market.
View Quote

Fair point. I’ll probably end up with one regardless.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:12:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#23]
Where can I get a Gen2 frame for my Gen 1? Global Ordnance doesn't have that item on their website and neither does K-Var.

I'm assuming this is something that has to be gotten directly from REX arms...

ETA: and it is

https://www.arex-store.si/product-page/arex-delta-gen-2-oem-frame

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Where can I get a Gen2 frame for my Gen 1? Global Ordnance doesn't have that item on their website and neither does K-Var.

I'm assuming this is something that has to be gotten directly from REX arms...

ETA: and it is

https://www.arex-store.si/product-page/arex-delta-gen-2-oem-frame

View Quote

I have heard rumors that one can order a frame with the extended mag release installed. I have an inquiry in asking that. If so I am getting an X with extended release.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Shot my M today.  Accurate enough and reliable.  I like the trigger feel and reset but it could stand to be a pound or two lighter.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Shot my M today.  Accurate enough and reliable.  I like the trigger feel and reset but it could stand to be a pound or two lighter.
View Quote

Polish what you can, and swap a 3# Glock striker spring into it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#27]

I have heard rumors that one can order a frame with the extended mag release installed. I have an inquiry in asking that. If so I am getting an X with extended release.
View Quote

Reply from Arex-si

------------
Dear Larry,

First, let me apologize for the late reply.
Just make an order with frame and extended mag release button of your choice and add a note:
NEJC please install the extended magazine release.
If you have any other questions please let me know.

Best regards, Nejc.

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Thanks, will try that, I think I have a light spring around.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Reply from Arex-si

------------
Dear Larry,

First, let me apologize for the late reply.
Just make an order with frame and extended mag release button of your choice and add a note:
NEJC please install the extended magazine release.
If you have any other questions please let me know.

Best regards, Nejc.

View Quote

I ordered the frame with installed mag release yesterday morning, EDT.   When I opened my mail this morning I got a personal email that my order was prepared and packed by Nejc, and a shipping notice that is was headed out.
I had forgotten to  add the note so I sent an email asking that the work be done; the email was response to that. I doubt it was normal.

One day to get the order, custom install the part, and get it shipped.  Not bad.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#30]
If you order a frame does it come with the 'standard' magazine release already installed? Or no?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#31]
If you order a frame does it come with the 'standard' magazine release already installed? Or no?
View Quote

Looking at the web site, yes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35784/arex_jpg-1996824.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35784/arex_jpg-1996824.JPG

Yes, they are pre-installed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#33]
TODAY...JULY 4...RIGHT NOW

Global Ordinance

Buy ANY Arex Delta Gen 2 pistol and get 2 extra magazines FREE. Just put the mags in the cart and they'll automatically make the pricing adjustment.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#34]
If you are having trouble with the mag release being too tough, you can pop the chassis out to gain access, then stone the catch and slightly bevel it. Works well.
Chassis comes out and goes in pretty easy; you have to squeeze the rear assembly to get it into the grip. It expands slightly when removed.

You can stone the sear and striker interface and really get that trigger pull down; it also take Glock striker springs so you can lower the weight if you want. I went down to a 4# Zev without light strikes. Both of Gen 2s are at a consistent 3.5# trigger pull with absolutely no creep. 1911 style pull.
I have an old Lansky sharpening set; the stones are great for this as they are narrow and you can increase the grit.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#35]
TODAY...JULY 4...RIGHT NOW

Global Ordinance

Buy ANY Arex Delta Gen 2 pistol and get 2 extra magazines FREE. Just put the mags in the cart and they'll automatically make the pricing adjustment.

View Quote

I wouldn't say they are free.  By the time I got ready to complete the order, with shipping and tax, the total was $532.--  The "extra" mags were automatically put into my cart.   That is $87.oo more than I paid three weeks ago for a FDE Arex Delta g2 at a local gun show.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
you wouldn't happen to have a video of this?  
If you are having trouble with the mag release being too tough, you can pop the chassis out to gain access, then stone the catch and slightly bevel it. Works well.
Chassis comes out and goes in pretty easy; you have to squeeze the rear assembly to get it into the grip. It expands slightly when removed.

You can stone the sear and striker interface and really get that trigger pull down; it also take Glock striker springs so you can lower the weight if you want. I went down to a 4# Zev without light strikes. Both of Gen 2s are at a consistent 3.5# trigger pull with absolutely no creep. 1911 style pull.
I have an old Lansky sharpening set; the stones are great for this as they are narrow and you can increase the grit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#37]
anybody got a video of removing the safety plunger on the OR?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ttman:
you wouldn't happen to have a video of this?  

View Quote

Nope. I never video my work; too much cussing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:51:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#39]

Nope. I never video my work; too much cussing.
View Quote

So you're saying that you have removed the safety plunger (which first involves removing the extractor assembly) you just haven't videotaped it. Is that correct?

Because I'll be damned if I know how to remove that extractor.

That Slovenian-language disassembly video I posted earlier in the thread doesn't show any of that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#40]

So you're saying that you have removed the safety plunger (which first involves removing the extractor assembly) you just haven't videotaped it. Is that correct?

Because I'll be damned if I know how to remove that extractor.

That Slovenian-language disassembly video I posted earlier in the thread doesn't show any of that.
View Quote

No, I haven't removed the extractor. On one of the FB groups a gunsmith contacted Arex and got a special tool to remove it; it was basically a hook to get under it and pull it straight out. Obviously if it torques it going to bind; the tool kept it straight as it came out. Visualize how that would work and see if you can come up with a field expedient.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I kind of figured one would have to pry the extractor up out of the slide. I can't imagine what kind of sledgehammer mechanic tool one would try to make at home to do this job and so...

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Kind of like how the XD extractors install.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#43]

I ordered the frame with installed mag release yesterday morning, EDT.   When I opened my mail this morning I got a personal email that my order was prepared and packed by Nejc, and a shipping notice that is was headed out.
I had forgotten to  add the note so I sent an email asking that the work be done; the email was response to that. I doubt it was normal.

One day to get the order, custom install the part, and get it shipped.  Not bad.
View Quote

I got it today. It shipped out fast, then spent four days in Dayton for some stupid reason.
The chassis dropped right in, no problem.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I kind of figured one would have to pry the extractor up out of the slide. I can't imagine what kind of sledgehammer mechanic tool one would try to make at home to do this job and so...

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
View Quote

Not much help; here is a Gen2 OR extractor coming out.
https://www.facebook.com/GlocksByProck/videos/1150719752093278
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#45]
You have to have a FB account to view it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
You have to have a FB account to view it.
View Quote

It's a Gen2 anyway, he just knocked it out from the top.

Hey, there's a thought.  We could drill the slide to tap it out from above.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr_Nimslow] [#47]
For everyone who ordered frames from AREX, were you able to order off the web store?  I keep getting a "not available in your country" message when I try to check out.

Update:  This Sucks!

I received the following email from Nejc.

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to ordering in our web store.

At AREX we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately our online store for US market is currently unavailable due to shipping problems and we are doing our best to solve it as fast as humanly possible.

In the mean time please contact our US importer and representative Global Ordnance for more information about shipping and availability of products. Please find contacts information below.

Global Ordnance LLC
2150 Whitfield Avenue
Buildings A&B
Sarasota, FL 34243"
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#48]
For everyone who ordered frames from AREX, were you able to order off the web store?  I keep getting a "not available in your country" message when I try to check out.

Update:  This Sucks!

I received the following email from Nejc.

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to ordering in our web store.

At AREX we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately our online store for US market is currently unavailable due to shipping problems and we are doing our best to solve it as fast as humanly possible.

In the mean time please contact our US importer and representative Global Ordnance for more information about shipping and availability of products. Please find contacts information below.

Global Ordnance LLC
2150 Whitfield Avenue
Buildings A&B
Sarasota, FL 34243"
View Quote

Damn, that sucks!

They were using DHL, which isn't exactly known for reliable delivery, so I can understand why. I'm glad I bit the the bullet earlier, and ordered all my frames and springs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#49]
For anyone looking, DK Firearms is having a sale on the Delta Gen 2:

L $435
M $435
X $415

Coupon code:

FD50

gives you another $60.00 off.  I just ordered a X in FDE for $355 shipped.

DK Firearms

I have purchased from DK several times and they are GTG.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Landric:
For anyone looking, DK Firearms is having a sale on the Delta Gen 2:

L $435
M $435
X $415

Coupon code:

FD50

gives you another $60.00 off.  I just ordered a X in FDE for $355 shipped.

DK Firearms

I have purchased from DK several times and they are GTG.

View Quote

I would also suggest DK Firearms.  I've bought several things from them and always got good service and prices.  An AREX for $355 is a screaming deal!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top