Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pool_shark:
Hoping to get some time to shoot it in the next few weeks.

Custom M81 Cerakote
Trijicon RMR with scalarworks sync mount (amazing company)
JK Armament SGX195 in a short configuration
GG&G AL Magtube

https://i.ibb.co/JpmzkS0/Screenshot-20240319-205812-Gallery.jpg
View Quote

Oh my....
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Hoping to get some time to shoot it in the next few weeks.

Custom M81 Cerakote
Trijicon RMR with scalarworks sync mount (amazing company)
JK Armament SGX195 in a short configuration
GG&G AL Magtube

https://i.ibb.co/JpmzkS0/Screenshot-20240319-205812-Gallery.jpg
View Quote
Yeahbaby.jpg.
That is hot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you get the pro lifter? I can't find one in stock anywhere...
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Fresh purchase
Attachment Attached File

Here for advice to trick it out???
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By roninsan:
Where did you get the pro lifter? I can't find one in stock anywhere...
View Quote

In stock notification from Beretta, took around a week. Although maybe longer now since the 1301 Mod 2 comes factory with it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
Fresh purchase
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/IMG_3341_jpeg-3164635.JPG
Here for advice to trick it out???
View Quote

Get signed up for a Pro Lifter, easily the best mod you can do on a A300
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been on that waiting list for months...
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:08:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#8]
I've been on that waiting list for months...
View Quote

I read on here someone saw one sell on eBay for $300. That is insane. It is a pretty simple stamped part, it’s strange that they have always seemed to be in such short supply of them and now that they are going into another production gun in addition to the Comp Pro, the supply is going to be even more limited. If I had a shop I’d start producing them because they would sell extremely well. Nordic or EGW could make a quick buck if they started making them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I definitely want to switch out the plastic front barrel clamp for something aluminum.  The QD socket is kinda weak as well.  It’s not too hard to pull the sling out of its socket.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I definitely want to switch out the plastic front barrel clamp for something aluminum.  The QD socket is kinda weak as well.  It’s not too hard to pull the sling out of its socket.
View Quote

had same issue on the front QD.  i saw somewhere, that if you dremel down the plastic some you'd get a positive lockup.  it worked for me.  the qd in the buttstock, i never had issues with, but i believe one of the fixes was using a hex key to move it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

GG&G makes an aluminum clamp and they also have an aluminum magazine tube cover that has a milled space for the clamp, so it won't shift under recoil.

I saw on here someone asking about a one or two shell holder like the ones made by Matchsavrz. I emailed Esstac last night and suggested they produce something like a one or two shell shotcard that could be velcroed to the receiver or forearm like the Matchsavr. We'll see what they say. I'd buy at least two. i have several of their shotcards and they work great. The six round cards fit into AR mag pouches easily. I keep two cards per pouch on a micro chest rig, 36 rounds should be enough for home defense.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]

GG&G makes an aluminum clamp and they also have an aluminum magazine tube cover that has a milled space for the clamp, so it won't shift under recoil.

I saw on here someone asking about a one or two shell holder like the ones made by Matchsavrz. I emailed Esstac last night and suggested they produce something like a one or two shell shotcard that could be velcroed to the receiver or forearm like the Matchsavr. We'll see what they say. I'd buy at least two. i have several of their shotcards and they work great. The six round cards fit into AR mag pouches easily. I keep two cards per pouch on a micro chest rig, 36 rounds should be enough for home defense.
View Quote

Here you go:

2 Shot shotgun card 12ga.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pool_shark] [#13]
Tried my hand at designing/printing a streamlight mount. Went through a few design iterations. I prefer to keep the  light at 6 o'clock on shotguns and retain as slim of a profile as possible. I know it's not for everyone.

Printed in PETG-CF

Will add a qd socket to next rev.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty sweet! I do like how trim it keeps the profile. I made up a mount using a Viking Tactics mount and a piece of picatinny that keep the light low, just to the left of the handguard at about the 7 O'clock position. American ingenuity right there... Now print up a 3" pro follower.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
RDS optics mounts that fit the 1301 will fit the A300?  I’m talking about the mounts that replace the 1913 rail on the top of the receiver for co-witnessing sights.  According to Farrow Tech, their mount is the same for both shotguns. The only thing that you choose is the mount footprint that is specific to your optic.
So far I see Reptilia, Farrow Tech and GG&G make them.
I’m leaning towards something that cowitnesses an Aimpoint ACRO even though I have kept telling myself that the next RDS that I bought would be a Holosun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]
RDS optics mounts that fit the 1301 will fit the A300?  I’m talking about the mounts that replace the 1913 rail on the top of the receiver for co-witnessing sights.  According to Farrow Tech, their mount is the same for both shotguns. The only thing that you choose is the mount footprint that is specific to your optic.
I’m leaning towards something that cowitnesses an Aimpoint ACRO even though I have kept telling myself that the next RDS that I bought would be a Holosun.
View Quote

Correct, the 1301 and A300UP come with different sights but the mounting hole setup is the same.

I have an Aridus with a Micro T-2 in it on my 1301.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Correct, the 1301 and A300UP come with different sights but the mounting hole setup is the same.

I have an Aridus with a Micro T-2 in it on my 1301.
View Quote

That’s sound that a great setup!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#18]
RDS optics mounts that fit the 1301 will fit the A300?  I'm talking about the mounts that replace the 1913 rail on the top of the receiver for co-witnessing sights.  According to Farrow Tech, their mount is the same for both shotguns. The only thing that you choose is the mount footprint that is specific to your optic.
I'm leaning towards something that cowitnesses an Aimpoint ACRO even though I have kept telling myself that the next RDS that I bought would be a Holosun.
View Quote
I just got the FarrowTech for the 509T this weekend. It's pretty dang cool...
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#19]
What are you guys replacing the magazine spring with? Mine seems to be pretty weak on the last round.

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Alaskacajun:
What are you guys replacing the magazine spring with? Mine seems to be pretty weak on the last round.

- Clint
View Quote

Wolff makes an extra power spring. I’ve used them in various shotguns for decades. They work great. You cut it to length.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415655995
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MK318:

Wolff makes an extra power spring. I’ve used them in various shotguns for decades. They work great. You cut it to length.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415655995
View Quote

This.  

The mag tube spring in these is a must replace from the word go.

It’s trash.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm running a QD barrel clamp mount on the left side for my sling and planning to add a QD Noveske with limited rotation to the side of the stock. My question is, what is the preferred side for a QD? It seems it may lay more flat on the left, but I've noticed many people also use a crossover setup.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm running a QD barrel clamp mount on the left side for my sling and planning to add a QD Noveske with limited rotation to the side of the stock. My question is, what is the preferred side for a QD? It seems it may lay more flat on the left, but I've noticed many people also use a crossover setup.
View Quote

Ideally you should put it on the right side and run it back towards the rear of the stock if you’re right handed. This will have the gun laying flat against your body. If you put the sling on the left side the gun has a tendency to roll over and hand out at an angle. When you are moving through doors or in tight spaces this stand off will bang and snag on things. I set my slings up on my rifles the same way. You can mount your sling on the same side, lots of people do, it does give you more slack in the sling which makes getting in and out of it easy. I run a lot of slack on my slings and then use a sling sleeve to control that slack. Either way works fine, you just get a little more control by running the rear of the sling opposite side of the gun is all.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Ideally you should put it on the right side and run it back towards the rear of the stock if you’re right handed. This will have the gun laying flat against your body. If you put the sling on the left side the gun has a tendency to roll over and hand out at an angle. When you are moving through doors or in tight spaces this stand off will bang and snag on things. I set my slings up on my rifles the same way. You can mount your sling on the same side, lots of people do, it does give you more slack in the sling which makes getting in and out of it easy. I run a lot of slack on my slings and then use a sling sleeve to control that slack. Either way works fine, you just get a little more control by running the rear of the sling opposite side of the gun is all.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7465_jpeg-3170843.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7467_jpeg-3170844.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_3394_jpeg-3170845.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7472_jpeg-3170855.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7465_jpeg-3170843.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7467_jpeg-3170844.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_3394_jpeg-3170845.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7472_jpeg-3170855.JPG

Thank you for the information MK318, I think i will go with the right side. Worst case I end up with 2 QD's (one left, one right) at some point but laying as flat as possible is my goal here. I run the MS4 sling so very easy to slide it open to get all the slack I should need. I also run the magnetic keepers.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got mine I would like to mount a  
Holosun 507C  what mount do I need to 1/3 witness?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: V] [#26]

Thank you for the information MK318, I think i will go with the right side. Worst case I end up with 2 QD's (one left, one right) at some point but laying as flat as possible is my goal here. I run the MS4 sling so very easy to slide it open to get all the slack I should need. I also run the magnetic keepers.

https://i.ibb.co/bP43xv4/image.png
https://i.ibb.co/gdKVGX2/image.png
https://i.ibb.co/SBFVTCx/image.png
View Quote
As a lefty, I find that the sling on the opposite side of the stock interferes with my cheek.

Yes having both swing swivels on the right side makes it not sit flat, but it's also not:

a) having the sling ride over the cheek rest to rub on me
b) having the extended bolt knob poke me in the gut

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skar] [#27]
New A300 ultimate patrol with factory IC choke .

I got my self a Carson IC extended choke to replace factory Beretta flush mount IC choke.  Why the extended choke will help  barrel end damage dings .

I think the bore size on a mobile choke or Beretta A300 ultimate patrol is .725 diameter.

The Beretta flush mount IC choke checks .730 ?  Way too big WTF   Yes says IC on it .
The Carson  IC  extended  checks .715    So that’s .010 smaller then barrel  ( which it should be for a IC )

So for buck shot  and slugs is the Carlson  IC  ok correct will it work fine ?

I used a good  digital caliper to check them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#28]
Placed an order for my new Ultima Patrol in Realtree Trace Blue camo!

Never heard of it but I got one lol.

Bereli has the blue Realtree and also gray on their website for order.

eta - OOS on the same day I purchased mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#29]
Originally Posted By BoomToob:
https://i.imgur.com/ZZr2XeC.jpg
View Quote

Which light mount is that? My A300 UP is in the mail and it'll need "all the things."

I plan to mount an M-Lok sling in that spot, ref your pic. Then mount a light (similar to yours) over on the 3 oclock spot. I'll need to wrap my thumb over the top of the barrel to hit the thumb switch though. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I am hoping that surefire makes a forend for the a300. I don't like the side mounted options.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By slack_out:

Which light mount is that? My A300 UP is in the mail and it'll need "all the things."

I plan to mount an M-Lok sling in that spot, ref your pic. Then mount a light (similar to yours) over on the 3 oclock spot. I'll need to wrap my thumb over the top of the barrel to hit the thumb switch though. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Barrels do get hot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Barrels do get hot.
View Quote
I bet you're not REALLY shooting that many shells at one time...
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: V] [#33]
dupe de dupe
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By V:
View Quote

Odds of me shooting that many are about as high as me needing a weaponlight, so I wouldn't install one in a fashion where if I did the other, I couldn't use it.

Or more realistically, take a training class that incorporates light usage.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#35]
Originally Posted By V:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By V:
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Barrels do get hot.

I want to find a light mount that raises the flashlight above the 3oclock M-Lok so its at about 1 o'clock (less thumb reach over the barrel, reference heat and reach). Also want to bring the clicky tail cap back a few inches e.g. left-hand thumb goes slightly over the top of the barrel to activate the light.  If I didn't want to add a sling, I'd just put the flashlight on the left side on the 9 0clock M-Lok. I'm aware of the science behind heat transmission and metals, etc. Light discipline is no secret either.

I suppose Arisaka has something, but I'd like to use one of my old school G2 flashlights with a ring mount/M-Lok.

eta - holy shite! Just found this mount in my drawer. I had bought 3 or 4 yrs ago for my 1301 Comp, but I didn't use cuz it wasn't FDE. And cuz 1301 Comp places the clicky tail cap too far forward to hit with a normal human thumb. Never did put a light on it, hence my posting in this thread.

https://arisakadefense.com/ring-light-mount-m-lok/
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone have any trouble cycling low recoil buckshot? I have about 75 rounds of the Federal LE133 00 FC @ 1145fps. One way to find out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By greyeyezz:
Anyone have any trouble cycling low recoil buckshot? I have about 75 rounds of the Federal LE133 00 FC @ 1145fps. One way to find out.
View Quote

No issues cycling anything, including low brass target/skeet loads.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Just picked up a Holosun 507C   (Red)
Now I Need a mount ….. co witness  or 1/3

Which one do you guys recommend?

And do I use slugs to dial it in I assume.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Skar:
Just picked up a Holosun 507C   (Red)
Now I Need a mount  .. co witness  or 1/3

Which one do you guys recommend?

And do I use slugs to dial it in I assume.
View Quote
I use this for the 509T.  It looks like they have a 507k  which seems compatible with the 507c but dont quote me.

https://farrow.tech/beretta-1301-a300-optic-mounting-plate/

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:28:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#40]
Been trying to sort out the absolute vs 1/3 cowitness also. Prefer 1/3 height and a CROM, but haven't found any 1/3 height mounts in CROM style. None at GGG or Aridus.

If I get an optic with ACSS chevron, I'll need a 1/3 height mount. Or maybe I could get an absolute CROM, but purchase the "Half Ghost Ring" option. Sighting with a ghost ring and a chevron sounds annoying as hell.
"The CROM replaces the factory plastic rail and rear sight and directly mounts the optic to the shotgun’s receiver."
View Quote
Can't find a 1/3 height CROM.

eta - @Skar Farrowtech has a 1/3 cowitness 507c mount. Looks like all their mounts are 1/3, except they offer both absolute and 1/3 height for 509T. Sadly, no CROM.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Been trying to sort out the absolute vs 1/3 cowitness also. Prefer 1/3 height and a CROM, but haven't found any 1/3 height mounts in CROM style. None at GGG or Aridus.

If I get an optic with ACSS chevron, I'll need a 1/3 height mount. Or maybe I could get an absolute CROM, but purchase the "Half Ghost Ring" option. Sighting with a ghost ring and a chevron sounds annoying as hell.

eta - @Skar Farrowtech has a 1/3 cowitness 507c mount. Looks like all their mounts are 1/3, except they offer both absolute and 1/3 height for 509T. Sadly, no CROM.
View All Quotes

"The CROM replaces the factory plastic rail and rear sight and directly mounts the optic to the shotgun’s receiver."

I don’t know about that optic but I found with the RMR and various mounts, the sight picture was very busy and almost un-usable. I searched around and could not find a mount I liked or that set the RMR higher. I even tried using various spacers like those sold by Reptila but nothing worked. I read somewhere else that some optics like the ACRO and MPS sit up high enough that even with supposed co-witness mounts, they are not a true co-wit. They also aren’t a 1/3 either. Sort of in between. I ended up replacing my RMR with an Acro P2 on a Scalarworks mount. The Scalarworks RMR mount is what I was using with my RMR. It might be hard to tell but in the pics below you can see that my Acro sits up slightly higher than the RMR. The dot on the Acro sits above the front sight making it very easy to pick up unlike the RMR which was on top of the fixed front sight.

The mount for the A300UP and 1301 are the same.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#42]
@Mk318 Thanks for that information. I can see your ACRO is higher above the receiver. Looks like another contender for my plan. My new A300UP will be here in a couple of days, so I'll start dumping more money shortly. Need to get a cheek weld on it first, to be sure.

Even on paper, I expect a lot of clutter in the sight picture with a ghost ring, RDS optic and then the front sight post and the protective wings. Been there with other weapons and optics, a big no-go for me.

The 1/3 height Farrowtech (they offer optic options) with no bulky rear sight and no front sight post may be the cleanest sight picture available (If it's just a matter of removing a small nut on the front post). I'm not too crazy about losing iron sights.

Sighting with only an ACSS Vulcan chevron (10moa) nestled in the front sight's protective wings sounds like a winner IMO.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#43]
New A300 ultimate patrol with factory IC choke .

I got my self a Carson IC extended choke to replace factory Beretta flush mount IC choke.  Why the extended choke will help  barrel end damage dings .

I think the bore size on a mobile choke or Beretta A300 ultimate patrol is .725 diameter.

The Beretta flush mount IC choke checks .730 ?  Way too big WTF   Yes says IC on it .
The Carson  IC  extended  checks .715    So that’s .010 smaller then barrel  ( which it should be for a IC )

So for buck shot  and slugs is the Carlson  IC  ok correct will it work fine ?

I used a good  digital caliper to check them.
View Quote

Thats very interesting. Standard IC should measure .716  I checked an IC Remchoke and it was .715   I pick up my A300 next week, I will check it. If their IC is oversized I might get a modified or improved modified mobilchoke for the A300 and experiment patterns with some old federal tactical buck I have vs flight control.

That is as long as mine isn't a police version with a fixed choke, didn't even check it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Different manufacturers different bore sizes .But a IC should be .010 smaller then bore size.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#45]
They put a step in the mag tube cover to keep the clamp from moving, it's a two piece unit now, I don't know if it was before.

The QD mount on the clamp is useless.

My bolt release needs to be pushed all the way down and then some or it aint working. I'll take it apart again see what I can see.

IMG_20240411_144421653  
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#46]
From the get go my A300 Patrol would not consistently load the last round from the tube. It would be on the lifter with about 2/3rds of the shell out of the tube. Called beretta customer service and they were quick to send a new spring for free but it was the same spring. The factor springs barely stuck out of the mag tube and there was so little pressure on the mag tube cap that it seemed to be under no tension during removal.

Ordered a Nordic 45” spring and cut it to 16” beyond the mag tube. Running perfect so far. The gun has a lot going for it but the factory mag tube spring is a weak spot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:38:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skar] [#47]
Bolt release
Grind some  plastic off  where it hits the receiver . That’s what Beretta did to mine and now works fine .  
( now has more travel after plastic removed ).
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skar] [#48]
Delete double post
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Bolt release
Grind some  plastic off  where it hits the receiver . That’s what Beretta did to mine and now works fine .  
( now has more travel after plastic removed ).
View Quote

Awesome, that worked.  👍
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, fired mine for the first time. Didn't put out a target, wind was blowing hard enough no target holder would stand. Shot at knots on a tree

That said, 50 rounds functioned 100%. 25 federal low brass cheap birdshot, and 25 Winchester low brass birdshot. I do have to become more familiar with the manual of arms, it's a little more complicated than a pump I am used to.

Recoil wasn't bad at all, I figured as light as it it it would kick my ass but not at all. If I had brought more shells I would have shot it more.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top