BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:

From experience, mounting a light on the barrel clamp isn’t a great idea. The clamp ends up sliding down the barrel under recoil, marring up your barrel and magtube cover. I don’t know if the Nordic cover has a lip on it but the Nordic extension has a slight edge that helps to keep the clamp locked in place under recoil with a light mounted but even then the clamp starts to peen that small lip. You can put a thin rubber gasket under the clamp which will help add some friction but in my experience the gasket doesn’t even hold up really. Eventually that clamp with a light mounted will start to slide forward. Without a light mounted it will be fine. I’d recommend using the factory handguard mlok slots or upgrade to the GG&G or Aridus Zhukov handguard which gives you more mounting options. Aridus just released their V2 handguard which is more refined, opening up the two rear MLOK slots completely and adding MLOK slots to the adapter. I upgraded my Zhukov handguard with the V2 parts. It moved my light up and further forward. I’m not really happy with my wire routing solution, I saw on Reddit where someone drilled two holes in the new adapter piece which allows the wire to run between the barrel and mag tube which is how I had my old set up. I am probably going to do that mod this weekend when I have time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7682_jpeg-3210129.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7684_jpeg-3210130.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7689_jpeg-3210131.JPG

While on the subject of upgrades, Mesa Tacticals Urbino stock is compatible with the A300 now. It’s not a bad stock, I had one on my Gen 1 1301 because back then that was the only aftermarket option. It has a nice LOP, gives you some sling options as well as a cheek riser for using optics and a limbsaver recoil pad. It is a bit heavy but with a light mounted forward, it kind of helps shift the weight to the rear of the gun and makes it balance better. The grip is the only part I didn’t like. It is big and wide. I have standard size medium hands, the grip feels like it was made for someone with gorilla hands. Still though it is a better option than the factory stock IMO.

https://www.shootingwire.com/releases/e779eb44-c668-45f4-bab7-9c6d15f42046

View Quote

Thanks for the input. Yes, the GG&G barrel nut has a groove the clamp fits in. You are probably right about just mounting to the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]
From experience, mounting a light on the barrel clamp isn’t a great idea. The clamp ends up sliding down the barrel under recoil, marring up your barrel and magtube cover. I don’t know if the Nordic cover has a lip on it but the Nordic extension has a slight edge that helps to keep the clamp locked in place under recoil with a light mounted but even then the clamp starts to peen that small lip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
From experience, mounting a light on the barrel clamp isn’t a great idea. The clamp ends up sliding down the barrel under recoil, marring up your barrel and magtube cover. I don’t know if the Nordic cover has a lip on it but the Nordic extension has a slight edge that helps to keep the clamp locked in place under recoil with a light mounted but even then the clamp starts to peen that small lip.

FWIW, even without the light mounted the mag tube clamp walks.

I don't use magazine clamps on my shotguns because I've not found that they do anything but become yet another thing to keep track of.

upgrade to the Aridus Zhukov handguard which gives you more mounting options. Aridus just released their V2 handguard which is more refined, opening up the two rear MLOK slots completely and adding MLOK slots to the adapter.

The new one is the tits:

Those MLOK slots on the adapter are great for this kind of application. It should do a much better job of keeping the light attached and the mount solid.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of you looking for a pro lifter, Beretta has them back in stock. https://www.beretta.com/en-us/product/pro-lifter-1301-tactical--a300-C7C940
View Quote

aaaand I missed them.  Again.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
By the time I get mine back this thread might be archived.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:54:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#5]
@Parke1
@greyeyezz

Wake up!  Back in stock tonight. Just got one 25% off!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#6]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

FWIW, even without the light mounted the mag tube clamp walks.

I don't use magazine clamps on my shotguns because I've not found that they do anything but become yet another thing to keep track of.

The new one is the tits:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37749/422005363_964303545704832_25178615834881-3210196.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37749/438119562_964303582371495_65234986329913-3210197.jpg

Those MLOK slots on the adapter are great for this kind of application. It should do a much better job of keeping the light attached and the mount solid.
View Quote

You’re right, the fix was a thin rubber gasket. I literally cut four small strips from the rubber gasket that came on one of my redimags, even with the rail and the sling mount installed the clamp doesn’t move. I like having a sling mount option way out there for when I have to carry the gun slung while moving, it is not needed really, just nice to have and makes carrying it a little more comfortable. Otherwise I would probably remove the clamp as well. I don’t really have an excuse for the rail piece on the other side except I’m OCD and don’t like the exposed bolt look.

My only criticism on this new adapter piece is the material. I would have really liked to have it made out of aluminum or at least offered as an option. It would have probably been expensive but I would have sprung for it. The polymer mlok slots gall and the long term durability concerns me. It is better than the old mounting location on the handguard itself though, that mounting point wasn’t really well suited for carrying the weight of a weapon light. I was just waiting for it to crack on me. I’m sure the polymer design for that adapter is fine though. I’m nit picking. Aridus really did a fantastic job on the update, I’ve been asking about a solution to that rear most MLOK slot for ever. Prior to the update I had some janky, cobbled together sling mount thing that only uses half an MLOK slot that I made out of drilling out a grov tech QD mount and modding it to work with a MLOK T nut.

Now if I can just get him to redesign the stock adapter to integrate an 8 round side saddle. The using adhesive and Velcro is a bandaid solution to carrying extra shells. I don’t really think the optic mount threads are suitable to carry that kind of weight under dynamic load like Mesa is trying to do with their optic mount/side saddle design. Besides they are only offering it in a six round version despite the 1301 and A300 being 8 round shotguns. This is just an oversight on their part IMO. The stock adapter could be set up to attach his removable side saddle design only with the extra length he’d be able to offer it in an 8 round configuration. You could still use adhesive to mitigate flex under recoil and add some stability since you’d have 8 shells and the saddle it’s self hanging off the stock adapter but the adhesive wouldn’t be critical to the performance. If it got cold or wet you wouldn’t have to worry about the failure dumping shells on the ground.

Originally Posted By slack_out:
@Parke1
@greyeyezz

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
@Parke1
@greyeyezz

View Quote

Gaaaaah! Again! Well, I appreciate the attempt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Still haven’t heard anything from the lgs that put me on the allocation list for one in trade for a cz shadow 2. Might go by tomorrow and see what’s up. It’s been 2 weeks
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Blk99sleekbeak:
Still haven’t heard anything from the lgs that put me on the allocation list for one in trade for a cz shadow 2. Might go by tomorrow and see what’s up. It’s been 2 weeks
View Quote

They are all allocated and in high demand.. Unless your lgs is a high volume dealer, they aren't going to get one right away. May take months
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I meant to ask you John, how do you like that texture on the V2? I am using essentially silicone carbide but it dry a the hell out of my hands to the point I end up putting on gloves which isn’t always so comfortable in the heat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

They are all allocated and in high demand.. Unless your lgs is a high volume dealer, they aren't going to get one right away. May take months
View Quote

Good to know, they certainly aren’t a high volume dealer, very small place. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my 1301 Pro lifter from Beretta today. Fast shipping. Installation was quick but very fiddly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:22:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Got my 1301 Pro lifter from Beretta today. Fast shipping. Installation was quick but very fiddly.
View Quote

For those of us about to attempt the same, any pearls of wisdom?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I found a vid on the toob, guy with a multicam A300UP walks through it. No actual video of the steps, IAW commie social media. He mentions a couple pearls of wisdom.

IIRC from this morning, once you get the trigger pin out, pull the trigger group out. Lay it flat, with the left-side of the trigger assembly toward the table (on it's left side).  After removing the tiny 'D' shaped wire spring from the hollow large pin, tap the large/hollow pin down/out. The tiny 'D' shaped wire fits inside the groove of the trigger pin, when assembled in the receiver. Gotta remove that tiny 'D' first, before taking out the lifter. Don't try to 'push the hollow pin down/out with the 'D' wire installed. That'll likely bend or stretch it out. Gotta look closely.

All the aforementioned, while pressing to the rear on the thin plastic arm to put slack on the lifter's heavy pin/spring. Fiddly lol. There's a short aluminum pin with a large diameter head which keeps the small plastic arm inside the trigger assembly. Also allows the tiny plastic arm to rotate against the lifter spring's tension. It'll come out at this point so keep control of the lifter spring/pin. That small lifter spring is stout for its size.

Big help when reassembling. Push the larger hollow pin back ^up through the trigger assembly and through the lifter. When reinstalling the tiny 'D' spring wire (which captures the lifter onto that hollow pin and also captures the trigger pin when it's in the receiver) place the flat section of the 'D' into the cutout area of the large hollow pin.  Keep your thumb or small screw driver over the flat section of the 'D' and push the curved section of the 'D' down over that hollow pin. Keeps the 'D' in place so it doesn't fly off and disappear. It's really tiny. Plenty of light helps discover the small cutout in the hollow pin where the flat of the 'D' lives.

Sounds complicated but once the new lifter is placed next to the trigger assembly on a table, it makes sense.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:58:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: takdriver] [#15]
I just completed the lifter mod and for once this was a mod that was worth every penny. All said and done this took me 20 min.

Tools I used were.

Small punch for trigger housing removal
Small needle nose pliers for d ring
A light hammer for punch to tap out trigger housing pin

That was all I used

This was the instruction video I used.
Video
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By takdriver:
I just completed the lifter mod and for once this was a mod that was worth every penny. All said and done this took me 20 min.

Tools I used were.

Small punch for trigger housing removal
Small needle nose pliers for d ring
A light hammer for punch to tap out trigger housing pin

That was all I used

This was the instruction video I used.
Video
View Quote

The Pro lifter is easily the single best upgrade you can do to the 1301 or A300. The 1301 is coming standard with the pro lifter now. I doubt they will make it standard for the A300UP since it widens the feature gap between the two and helps Beretta justify their new significant price difference between the A300 and 1301.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#17]

The Pro lifter is easily the single best upgrade you can do to the 1301 or A300. The 1301 is coming standard with the pro lifter now. I doubt they will make it standard for the A300UP since it widens the feature gap between the two and helps Beretta justify their new significant price difference between the A300 and 1301.
View Quote

This is my first auto shotgun. Explain how this is an upgrade? Please.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By colklink:

View Quote

The upgraded lifter rests in the UP position instead of the down position. What that allows for is a much easier time topping off your magazine tube especially under stress. Shells feed MUCH more quickly and there is much less fumbling around. Under stress or a timer this process would be much more difficult with the oem lifter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#19]

The upgraded lifter rests in the UP position instead of the down position. What that allows for is a much easier time topping off your magazine tube especially under stress. Shells feed MUCH more quickly and there is much less fumbling around. Under stress or a timer this process would be much more difficult with the oem lifter.
View Quote

I did notice that mine wasn't as easy or fast to load as my mossberg 590A1 and 500 I am used to.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#20]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:

This. It makes a clear path to the magazine tube and with the A300UPs opened up loading port, it makes it even better than the 1301 in terms of giving lots of room to easily load shells.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Taking my a300up to a 2 day shotgun course next weekend. Really looking forward to it. First long gun class.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BoomToob:
Taking my a300up to a 2 day shotgun course next weekend. Really looking forward to it. First long gun class.
View Quote

Symtac Consulting?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Yessir
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BoomToob:
Yessir
View Quote

I was a day late signing up. Its right down the road from me. They are supposed to give me a call if anyone drops out before the class. Hope I can make it.
One of the best shotgun classes there is.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I shot about 200 rounds of mixed buckshot, slugs and a bunch of birdshot at a combat shotgun course this past Sunday.  The A300 ran really well.  Just a couple of failure to eject on some light low brass birdshot.  Everything else cycled fineAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top