Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Gratuitous shotgun pic. Gobbled up a vast array or magnum and low recoil slugs. Not exactly tame on recoil, but nothing that can’t be managed. Great value in a semi auto in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#2]
nice setup !
looks like @AK-12 suggestion will work nicely.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoomToob:

Hmm, I didn’t realize there was a model of 1301 that utilized a similar system. That does look like it would work. If it’s not too much to ask, snap some pics for us the next time you have it apart and I’ll order one immediately.
View Quote

@BoomToob

Is this what you were looking for?

FWIW I have the Aridus Zhukov handguard and adapter
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

@BoomToob

Is this what you were looking for?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/509384/20230430_124004-2801104.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/509384/20230430_123740-2801105.jpg

FWIW I have the Aridus Zhukov handguard and adapter
View Quote

@AK-12
Looks identical to the a300 ultima patrol. I’ll order one straight away. Then I’ll get the pro lifter and it will be perfect.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]

@AK-12
Looks identical to the a300 ultima patrol. I’ll order one straight away. Then I’ll get the pro lifter and it will be perfect.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View Quote

Ordered both. Thanks for taking the time to do that!
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I might order one too now
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like I'll be buying one of those GG&G covers and clamps also because I hate the plastic clamp. I would not have a problem paying a hundred dollars more for the gun if it had come with metal parts up front and an adjustable rear sight. I know Beretta was trying to hit a budget price point but the A300 Patrol is quite a bit cheaper than similar options and adding another $1-200 to the price for less plastic parts wouldn't scare too many people off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gunner76:
Looks like I'll be buying one of those GG&G covers and clamps also because I hate the plastic clamp. I would not have a problem paying a hundred dollars more for the gun if it had come with metal parts up front and an adjustable rear sight. I know Beretta was trying to hit a budget price point but the A300 Patrol is quite a bit cheaper than similar options and adding another $1-200 to the price for less plastic parts wouldn't scare too many people off.
View Quote

I sincerely wish the part didn’t have to have the cheesy GG&G logo on the side of it. Would be nice if beretta just did it from the get go.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#10]
you guys think the Beretta 1301 Optic Rail Mount For The RMR Scope will also fit the A300 patrol ?
very similar to the Aridus industries mount
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:29:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ImpacTT:
you guys think the Beretta 1301 Optic Rail Mount For The RMR Scope will also fit the A300 patrol ?
very similar to the Aridus industries mount
View Quote

I’ve got an aridus 1301 crom on my a300. Hole spacing is the same.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The 1301 rear sight also matches up if anyone wants to replace the non adjustable sight the A300 comes with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Aridus and GG&G optic mounts look the same to me. any preference ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Aridus and GG&G optic mounts look the same to me. any preference ?
View Quote

I have a superficial preference to the aridus. Looks a bit cleaner without the GG&G logo on it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By gunner76:
View Quote

There are a few options. You can just take the clamp off; the magazine cover doesn't spin. You can also convert the gun to a 5 shot magazine tube and add a Nordic extension. The plastic cover is ugly but isn't worse performing than the GGG cover. All of the clamps on the market slide forward, Nordic, GGG, and OEM. Barrel clamps on shotguns are garbage in general.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish there was a pistol grip stock option for the A300. I'd probably give on  the 1301 for it
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ian187:

There are a few options. You can just take the clamp off; the magazine cover doesn't spin. You can also convert the gun to a 5 shot magazine tube and add a Nordic extension. The plastic cover is ugly but isn't worse performing than the GGG cover. All of the clamps on the market slide forward, Nordic, GGG, and OEM. Barrel clamps on shotguns are garbage in general.
View Quote

Apparently the GG&G cover has a machined spot to keep the barrel clamp in place.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone get the GGG mag tube cover in yet to verify a fit on the A300?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GHILLIE:
View Quote

I have one ordered, won’t be here till Tuesday. Should work with no issues.

If anyone is interested Gun Mag Warehouse has a Bulldog 40” soft gun case that fits the A300 like a glove. I just got mine today.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#21]

I sincerely wish the part didn’t have to have the cheesy GG&G logo on the side of it. Would be nice if beretta just did it from the get go.
View Quote

I dig their logo.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GHILLIE:
View Quote

mine will be here tomorrow. It will be mounted asap
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#23]

mine will be here tomorrow. It will be mounted asap
View Quote

Mines in on Monday. I’ll just have to be happy for you until it gets here. Did get the pro lifter installed. Not sure that it’s worth the price they’re asking, but I do think it will make loading easier and faster.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#24]
perfect fit. Like they were made for each other :)
drop of blue loctite on the clamp screws and that's about it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Pics, babe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Sweet! Ordered mine monday, on high hopes. Makes me feel better now. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Pics, babe.
View Quote

ask and you shall receive
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:22:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brackeen22] [#28]
If anyone changes their handguard let me know. I want a cheap way to run a scout mount on my 1301.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#29]

ask and you shall receive
https://i.ibb.co/YjNBvNZ/IMG-0306.jpg
View Quote

Clean. Looks like mine has changed to a Saturday delivery. Thanks Amazon for screwing USPS employees into normalizing Saturday delivery.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Installed the mag tube cover. Fits just like it’s made for it. Probably an inconsequential part, but I prefer the metal to the plastic. Also, pic of the pro lifter installed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#31]
very nice setup. I need to find a light for it too. Something small. Don't want that shotgun to be a pig.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
very nice setup. I need to find a light for it too. Something small. Don't want that shotgun to be a pig.
View Quote

For being basically like the “1301 lite”, it doesn’t feel like much of a compromise. Someone earlier in the thread was using an inforce wml, which would be pretty light weight. I like the 640df pro because of the mount and the 18650 rechargeables.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#33]
SureFire M340DFT pro with mlok mount might be a good choice for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Installed the mag tube cover. Fits just like it’s made for it. Probably an inconsequential part, but I prefer the metal to the plastic. Also, pic of the pro lifter installed.
https://i.imgur.com/ZZr2XeC.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/aYk77v4.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/RprPvO6.jpg
View Quote

Looks nice!  What is the difference with the pro lifter?  How was the install?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Looks nice!  What is the difference with the pro lifter?  How was the install?
View Quote

Pro lifter stays in the up position when the hammer is cocked. Install was about 5 minutes. Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:32:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#36]
ended up ordering the GGG RMR ghost ring mount and beretta pro lifter...
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Took my a300 out yesterday.  Shot about 25 sporting clay rounds through it and about 10 rounds of buckshot.  

Didn’t want to cycle correctly.  Probably made it through about 3 shots at most with no jams.  Didn’t want to eject the fired shell.  I took apart when I got the shotgun and fully cleaned.  Anyone know what my issue might be?  Wondered if I just need to put another 50-75 rounds through it to get it to cycle.   The buckshot was critical defense.  The target loads were Remington at 1185 fps I believe.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By joker2041:
Took my a300 out yesterday.  Shot about 25 sporting clay rounds through it and about 10 rounds of buckshot.  

Didn’t want to cycle correctly.  Probably made it through about 3 shots at most with no jams.  Didn’t want to eject the fired shell.  I took apart when I got the shotgun and fully cleaned.  Anyone know what my issue might be?  Wondered if I just need to put another 50-75 rounds through it to get it to cycle.   The buckshot was critical defense.  The target loads were Remington at 1185 fps I believe.
View Quote

failing to load or failing to eject ? if you use dummy rounds, can you cycle manually no problem the whole 7+1 ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joker2041] [#39]

failing to load or failing to eject ? if you use dummy rounds, can you cycle manually no problem the whole 7+1 ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Let me rephrase.  Failing to eject.  The shell gets hung and doesn’t eject.   I don’t have any dummy rounds but with live rounds and manually cycling bolt it seems to function fine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#40]
did you clean the shotgun before firing for the first time ? Beretta recommends it.
check the gas system as well.

How to clean the Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol Shotgun
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thezman] [#41]
Does your failure to eject looks like this?
You can see the lifter pushing the next live shell up against the fired round which in turn forces the fired round up against the top of the barrel breach extension pretty much preventing it from fully ejecting. This is on my 1301 Tac which has been thoroughly cleaned. I tested this on another 1301 Tac at the gun store and it did the exact same thing.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By thezman:
You can see the lifter pushing the next live shell up against the fired round which in turn forces the fired round up against the top of the barrel breach extension pretty much preventing it from fully ejecting. This is on my 1301 Tac which has been thoroughly cleaned. I tested this on another 1301 Tac at the gun store and it did the exact same thing.

https://i.postimg.cc/wj4QjRkT/97-F7989-E-3877-4247-8-E03-4188-B6966041.jpg

View Quote

Mine will do this hand cycling, but not under recoil. Are you implying this happens while firing?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thezman] [#43]
It actually happens in live fire.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joker2041] [#44]

https://i.postimg.cc/wj4QjRkT/97-F7989-E-3877-4247-8-E03-4188-B6966041.jpg

View Quote

Yes, I’ve disassembled and cleaned before shooting.  Tore it all the way down.  

My failure to eject looks just like this.   What is the fix?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#45]
  What is the fix?
View Quote

I've been tinkering with it, but no solid solution to date.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone running a Holosun 407k on their A300 or 1301?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Just a FYI tip. I wanted an economical adjustable rear sight for my A300 and bought a 1301 rear sight, it fit no problems but I have the sight bottomed out and the gun still shoots buckshot about 3-5" high at 20yds and slugs are about 4-5"inches high at 50yds.

The factory sight was about right on with buckshot and elevation was perfect with slugs but the slugs shot to the right 5". I'm starting to think maybe I should just put a micro RDS on it and be done.

ETA. How are you guys getting all these good patterns with buckshot? I bought some 9 pellet Federal flight control and I'm getting larger groups then what everyone else is posting and they aren't consistent, sometime they are tight and sometimes not. I remember now why I've never been able to keep a tactical shotgun, never been happy with the accuracy. The positive though is the gun has been flawless with everything I've shot through it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Took my a300 out yesterday.  Shot about 25 sporting clay rounds through it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Took my a300 out yesterday.  Shot about 25 sporting clay rounds through it

Trap loads are not going to work spectacularly in a brand new semi-auto shotgun.

They don't work well in semi-auto shotguns period.

Didn’t want to eject the fired shell.

Without seeing the gun in action it's difficult to say definitively, but if you fire a shell that doesn't have enough oomph to run the action what you often see is the bolt not fully going to the rear to clear the spent shell and running forward again with the spent shell still held by the extractor.

If you manually cycle the bolt and the spent shell ejects cleanly and the next shell feeds cleanly, then it's most likely an ammo issue.

I took apart when I got the shotgun and fully cleaned.  Anyone know what my issue might be?  Wondered if I just need to put another 50-75 rounds through it to get it to cycle.   The buckshot was critical defense.  The target loads were Remington at 1185 fps I believe.

What were you shooting when the gun choked? Was it a random mix of buck and bird or did? Did the buckshot cycle correctly? Need more info.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#49]

I've been tinkering with it, but no solid solution to date.
View Quote

Your gun should go back to Beretta. Something is likely off in the trigger plate or with the fitting of the shell stop.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777] [#50]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
Anyone running a Holosun 407k on their A300 or 1301?
View Quote

I have, on an Aridus CROM. It worked fine.

I generally prefer enclosed emitter optics in general, but especially on a long gun.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top