Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 6:20:40 PM EDT
Are there any solo board PC war games available.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 26120:
Are there any solo board PC war games available.
View Quote

There are tons of them. Matrix Games and Slitherine are two devs I can think of off the top of my head that make them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MauserMark:
Yeah a ton,

my 2 starting recommendations for series are:

Decisive Campaigns series, Blitzkrieg and Case Blue (Case Blue probably being the best of the series).
Unity of Command 1 and 2, is probalby one of my favorite wargames of all time.

Beyond that there's some really involved board-game style games like Gary Grigsby's War in the East (and West).

Some honorable mentions:
Panzer Corps 1 and 2 (haven't started 2 yet, but really enjoyed 1)
Operational Art of War IV
Nations at War Digital and Lock'n Load Tactical (very very board game chit-like)
SGS series, (I've only played Stalingrad)
Strategic Command WWII (latest version of the game)
View Quote

I just picked up Decisive Campaigns Ardennes, but the others are on sale too right now. Any input on the most accessable for a beginner?

What about the SGS series? I have NATO's Nightmare, but support is severely lacking.
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jkees] [#4]
It bridges away from the board game style, but Hearts of Iron 4 is a really in depth grand strategy game that I find myself coming back to time and time again.

I picked up Headquarters: WW2 recently and it has a pretty fun little campaign that is similar to XCOM style combat.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jkees:
It bridges away from the board game style, but Hearts of Iron 4 is a really in depth grand strategy game that I find myself coming back to time and time again.
View Quote

I played HOI 2 a bit, tried 3 but never got into it, bought 4 and haven't played yet. I should probably give it a try.
Top Top