Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 6:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber]
Does anyone make a USB C to USB C high speed cable that isn't a stiff pile of junk?  Trying to use my iphone 15 max in a gimble and connected via USB C to a USB C SSD.  However all the cables I can find are braided and stiff and shit.  That causes a problem because it doesn't allow the gimble to operate properly.
The reason for needing a high speed version is that shooting in prores 422 takes up a ton of bandwidth and normal usb c cables can't handle the bandwidth.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#2]
Doesn't specify what bandwidth it supports.  Just says it supports fast charging.  

This is an example of one I got but despite the pictures, it's not at all flexible.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CC5744VD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Anker silicone.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/IMG_6334-3168369.jpg
View Quote

Fail - thats a USB 2.0 cable.  Means it will be SLOW.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
In order to actually achieve the full speed they are capable of they have to be thick
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
These are flexible and will support fast speeds. I have bought a few for external SSDs and PCIe devices.

Amazon Product
  • More Possibilities - Thunderbolt cable with 40Gbps speed and USB 3.0 5Gbps compatibility. Supports data transfer 2x faster than standard USB-C cables.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Does anyone make a USB C to USB C high speed cable that isn't a stiff pile of junk?  Trying to use my iphone 15 max in a gimble and connected via USB C to a USB C SSD.  However all the cables I can find are braided and stiff and shit.  That causes a problem because it doesn't allow the gimble to operate properly.
The reason for needing a high speed version is that shooting in prores 422 takes up a ton of bandwidth and normal usb c cables can't handle the bandwidth.
View Quote

For the iPhone 15, this will do just fine. I have one and it's not stiff.

Amazon Product
  • Connect between USB C enabled devices (new MacBook, Chromebook Pixel)

Top Top