Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2024 10:02:54 AM EDT

I'm trying to do a US dollars to US dollars transfer to "Equals Money, UK" to a US Dollars focused account. Basically trying to avoid converting to usd-gbp-gbp-usd as it becomes a bit pricey.

Anyone have any experience doing these types of transfers?

My receiver has an Equals Money-UK account that operates in USD and allows for transfers.

Anyone done this before? Anyone with some strong google-fu for a helping hand?

Thank you for any direction.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s been a minute, but have you looked into wise, or revolut?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I’ll look into those.

It’s weird as the receiver bank and their account prides itself on USD-USD transfers and similar. They are proud to be a fintech leading edge.

The problem is in Chase account, even though the receiver uses an IBAN, their address is UK. Then the system defaults to GBP.

One deal I had to pay the exchange rate both ways. Costly over time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
This might require contacting the bank, and it also likely depends on the receiving account.

We do USD-USD transfers to Madagascar multiple times a month, but we had to set up a USD account at Bank of Africa. If I try transferring USD to a local standard account, it will default to local currency because the account is a local currency account.

We (my company) can only have one USD account, but multiple local accounts on the same company "user account". We also have a Euro account for transfers from Europe.

Top Top