Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 9:41:17 PM EDT
It seems most bottle brushes I can find have tips ranging from lackluister to downright nonexistant. The area of the bottle I most want to scrub is the bottom so I'm looking for a bottle brush that has a goddamn porcupine stuck on the tip. Heres a pic of my current brush showing a flat tip which doesnt do much on the bottom of the bottle.....

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I brewed my first batch 1.5 weeks ago and in anticipation of bottling in the next week, I bought my first two cases of bottles.  I quickly found that the "bottle brush" that came in my brewing kit doesn't even fit inside the mouth of the bottles.  Not a big deal for these new bottles, just a quick cleaning with PBW and a rinse, then sanitation on bottling day, but I also need to find a brush to clean them once they've actually been used.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Needle nose pliers the end wire 360, so the side bristles are facing down.

Granted, its not the best solution but might work in a pinch.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Switch to kegs.  I have 5 corny kegs.  Want them?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m right there with you on needing good brushes.  I’m going to have to try the “bend the tip” option.  I just finished bottling 33 750ml bottles of apple wine and washing the bottles before hand sucks with the brush I have.

I have been just jamming the bottle into the corner as I spin the bottle, holding the brush to get into the edge.  My hand doesn’t like it, but it works on the toughest residue in the bottles.  Normally I soak the bottles full of water for 24-48 hours after they are emptied so it is much simpler to wash before processing the next batch.
Top Top