Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2023 2:05:39 PM EDT
I bought my dream truck last year, a 92 Toyota Hilux diesel.  Imported from France.  After 4 months, the motor blew, throwing a rod through the oil pan.

A week ago, I finished dropping in a 3L to replace the 2L-ii that blew out.  She runs again!  Need to do some hydraulic clutch adjustment still, and replace the carrier bearing before I can actually drive around.

That's all.  I'm just really happy right now, especially since persevering through long, expensive projects isn't my strong suit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck yeah!
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep it away from Cody and Clarkson.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Slingblade2006:
View Quote

I killed mine faster.  Truth is, I wouldn't sell one to them for triple the market price, I love em.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By withoutremorse42:

I killed mine faster.  Truth is, I wouldn't sell one to them for triple the market price, I love em.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Your truck looks awesome.  Was sourcing the 3l difficult?
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Kind of, but didn't have to be.

I imported a 2L from canada, only to find that some very early 2L's have different block shapes than every other 2L/3L/5L.  

Ended up selling it at a loss and making payments on a 3L imported by Northwest Toys here in Oregon.

Had to repair the damaged oil pan, put in new clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, water pump, and timing belt.  Got to reuse a lot of parts from the 2Lii.

Most of my gauges are now dead, and a few other minor issues, but I can at least idle the motor and smoke a cigar now!  Carrier bearing should be here in a couple days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]

I imported a 2L from canada, only to find that some very early 2L's have different block shapes than every other 2L/3L/5L.  

Ended up selling it at a loss and making payments on a 3L imported by Northwest Toys here in Oregon.

Had to repair the damaged oil pan, put in new clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, water pump, and timing belt.  Got to reuse a lot of parts from the 2Lii.

Most of my gauges are now dead, and a few other minor issues, but I can at least idle the motor and smoke a cigar now!  Carrier bearing should be here in a couple days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Awesome, cheers!
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Yessss. How much did it cost you to get it here, including the cost of the truck ..if you don’t mind answering.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet truck. Glad it’s running again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thezentree:
Yessss. How much did it cost you to get it here, including the cost of the truck ..if you don’t mind answering.
View Quote

I don't mind at all

Truck was $18K after it hit the dealer in S Carolina and they put some work into it

New motor was $6K, should have been less but I didn't know where to shop around
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#12]
That’s not terrible.

Post more pics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Very neat. Too bad they are so expensive.

Can you buy parts at the local auto parts stores?
Top Top