Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2024 8:42:53 AM EDT
Not technically my first shotgun. I do have a 25 year old Nova turkey gun that I shoot once or twice a year for a clay tournament for work/industry. This Ultima Patrol is my first home defense shotgun.

I ordered a bunch of SuperX 9 pellet 00 buck, and next is to start building a stash of Flite Control or similar. What's a good Flite Control alternative for super tight and effective home defense loads?

I also am going to put a CROM with a circle dot Sig or Holosun micro on it, and figure out how to get a sling attached to the rear.

What other cool shotgun stuff should I be doing?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:47:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Philmore] [#1]
Take that thing out and “Choot it Lizbeth! “

Fun gun!

ETA:  Only other thing I did was put a sling on it and make sure the mag/barrel band was tight so it wouldn’t move.  No problems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Sling, light and side saddle. That's it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I don’t think there is a Flight Control alternative. Hornady makes ammo with the same wad, but they don’t shoot as well in my gun. You may have different results.

Add a light and side-saddle or shotgun cards.

Shotgun thread:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigHumidity:
Not technically my first shotgun. I do have a 25 year old Nova turkey gun that I shoot once or twice a year for a clay tournament for work/industry. This Ultima Patrol is my first home defense shotgun.

I ordered a bunch of SuperX 9 pellet 00 buck, and next is to start building a stash of Flite Control or similar. What's a good Flite Control alternative for super tight and effective home defense loads?

I also am going to put a CROM with a circle dot Sig or Holosun micro on it, and figure out how to get a sling attached to the rear.

View Quote
Would that happen to be one of the CASA shoots? If so, I go every year to one of mine. Awesome days
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I want one so bad.

Perfect for when the prairie dog pups are up
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Shoot it a lot and get familiar with it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I would clean it really well.

I have an Ultima and it ran fine for most of the first box. Then I started getting FTEs more and more often over the course of the next 4-5 boxes.

It had some white "grease" in there that caked up pretty good. It felt more like partially dry joint compound than grease.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#8]
There are some great optic mounts for them.

AIM has police trade in federal tactical with flight control for $7-8 a box right now
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Take it out and shoot it some. Mine had a weak mag spring that would cause the last round to not jump onto the elevator occasionally.

I replaced the factory spring and it works great now.

I also put a limbsaver recoil pad on with the smaller spacer as the factory pad is hard and the length of pull is way short out of the box.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BigHumidity:

View Quote

Take a shotgun class. Do matches. Keep it clean and oiled. Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Get you some Federal Flitecontrol for it
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Also, Academy carries Monarch 00Bk in 25 round boxes for around $13.

Way cheaper than any of the big companies buckshot and it runs great.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Replace the magazine tube spring.  They are known for taking a set very very quickly.  

I like the GGG mag tube cover and clamp over the plastic OEM parts.

Otherwise light, sling, optic, ammo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Another thought. Your A300 should have come with a Velcro piece cut for the left side of the receiver.

Clean the surface with an alcohol pad/wipe and install it.

Esstac makes nice shotshell cards that work well with the Velcro pad.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Definitely a pro lifter (if you can find one)

A light if you want.

Shell cards.

Maybe replace that cheesy plastic tube cover with an aluminum one from Nordic.
Top Top