BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:42:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm told we shouldn't worry.......that the LEO's will really, really, really do the "right thing" when it really, really counts.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dupe please lock

You called for this thread to be locked, then called for the one it is suppsedly a dupe of to be locked.....

Trying to shut it up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dupe please lock

Um, you can't have duplicates in different forums. There's only ONE version, so it isn't a duplicate.

So, I don't see why either should be locked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dupe please lock

Um, you can't have duplicates in different forums. There's only ONE version, so it isn't a duplicate.

So, I don't see why either should be locked.

Did I do something wrong by posting my info in two different categories/forums?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#7]
How does this guy give LEO's a bad name? He's one man stating one man's position. That should give him a bad name.  Does someone want to lump us all together? Paint us all with one broad brush?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, he's an Elitist.   One of many, but not all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:34:05 AM EDT
[#9]
this is why, aside from the ones I know PERSONALLY, I despise cops and am very VERY paranoid around them. My eye is always on them. I mean I don't want to sound foul to the LEOs but it's the way I am. I've had too many bad experiences with Rambo-type cops here in Houston. It's upsetting. Especially the HISD police here in Houston. I swear they're TERRIBLE to the students at some schools. Absolutely tyrants.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
this is why, aside from the ones I know PERSONALLY, I despise cops and am very VERY paranoid around them. My eye is always on them. I mean I don't want to sound foul to the LEOs but it's the way I am. I've had too many bad experiences with Rambo-type cops here in Houston. It's upsetting. Especially the HISD police here in Houston. I swear they're TERRIBLE to the students at some schools. Absolutely tyrants.

must be tough to live like that.....

I guess we all make our chioces.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#11]
After reading that, now I know, for a fact, that every single cop in America thinks the same way.

his
As a matter of fact, even Nicki stated that she had received support from a number of LEOs.

This guy's just an ass - out there, by himself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Wave, was that you?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh dear gawd my head hurts from reading his B.S.  Evidently there is now worse criminal than those of NY.  

Guess we'd better watch out for that Ed guy and GB---j/k
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#14]
What an ass, no wonder he is an ex-cop.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
wtf  I tried posting like 10 fucking times wll let's see if this one works
oh sure as soon as I take out the substance it posts first time.... good grief I quit
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#16]
So.  What I get out of a quick scan of all that bull is that someone claims to be a police officer.  

Of course right off the bat you guys believe he is and speaks for EVERY officer as well.

Isn't it nice when something fits our prejudices?   A whole lot easier than using our brain.

What is it with the collective IQ on the board lately?  This and the "speeding" thread on the same page.  You all have a collective lobotomy or something?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I strongly suspect that "Ranger" is a Mall Ninja who still lives in his mother's basement.   To consider his bullshit as the viewpoint of a LEO is a major assumption.  And remember, "When you make an assumption, you make an ASS out of U and UMPTION."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#19]
He first gives himself a bad name, and then he gives all LEO's a bad name because if he is really a cop he is supposed to be held to a higher standard. He sheds a negative light on other officers by making statements like this: "One more thing, we are held above the law because we enforce the law, they( the powers)hold us to a much higher degree than John Doe, therefore there should be compenstion at the end of the tunnel, if we make it that long."

Most people in this country are swayed by what they hear and what they "think" they see. If someone reads the garbage that "Ranger" wrote they could automatically take the position that deep down inside most LEO's feel the way he does, especially if they have ever had a negative experience with a police officer.

Hey the guy has a right to speak his mind, he just isn't very articulate. He should have considered coming across a little differently because, although he has the right to say whatever he feels he still represents the badge.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I swear they're TERRIBLE to the students at some schools. Absolutely tyrants.

College students are their own worst enemy.
Take this article from todays paper,

www.theithacajournal.com/news/stories/20041004/opinion/1350779.html

specifically this part:

"To give you an example of the attitude of some students, on one occasion I went outside my home at 2 a.m., and politely asked they please do not throw beer cans, bottles and cups in my yard, the flower beds and please not urinate in the bushes.

The reply I received was, "F-- you lady, face it, this is a college town and we own it!" This crude remark frightened me and I retreated to the safety of my home. "

So...don't even start about "poor old mistreated college students".
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/img/AFA%20PIX/big_bro/Police.jpg

'We are above the law because we enforce the law.' ~ Ranger the LEO.

That's a great cartoon and quote.

Eric The(Serious)Hun

Commies!!!  Booger eatin commies!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont think were above the law, as an LEO, Weare held to a higher standard but not above the law.  Anything an Leo does the media is all over it and makes the law enforcement community look bad.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Your assertion that FBI Agents not knowing how to handle a common street thug is absurd and ludicrous in the extreme

Uh, not really.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Cops are just like garbage men. The only difference is when they take out the trash, it's usually kicking and screaming all the way to the curb.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Come to Hawaii it is a police state.  By the way the last report I made was for harasment.  The cop told me to get some friends together and beat the guy up and not bother calling 911 any more.  The truth seriously, not making it up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:03:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Lightning_38,
Please don't lump us all together becase of a few bad eggs.  There a bad examples in every profession.
Art in KY

I understand you and many of your co-workers amongst the nation are professionals and are not to be compared with trash like that of "Ranger."

However, out of curiosity, what would you do if you had a person like "Ranger" working in your department? Would you do nothing, tell him to stop his asshat behavior, report to superiors?

I'm not judging you, I'm just wondering how other POs feel about this "police superiority" behavior.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:39:04 AM EDT
[#32]

The cop told me to get some friends together and beat the guy up

That sounds like almost all the white cops I know here in SC.  I have to deal with former cops on a dialy basis at work.z
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Police Video

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So.  What I get out of a quick scan of all that bull is that someone claims to be a police officer.  

Of course right off the bat you guys believe he is and speaks for EVERY officer as well.

Isn't it nice when something fits our prejudices?   A whole lot easier than using our brain.

What is it with the collective IQ on the board lately?  This and the "speeding" thread on the same page.  You all have a collective lobotomy or something?

What I get out of a quick scan of the above post is a bunch of sarcasm and cynicism but not a whole lot of substance... when one of "us guys" post something you find offensive or incorrect you believe that said person speaks for all "us guys," our "collective IQ" and our "collective lobotomy"

I suppose prejudices materialize out of thin air? I suppose that most people who are wary of police or distrust them as a tool of the government never had any run-ins with law enforcement...we're all prejudice because we have no knowledge or experience...we're just little girls scared of cops, is that it? You're right...it sure is easy to pigeonhole people when the first impression that they give you is that they belong lumped in with another group of poeple who you've already had extensive unpleasant experiences with.

The typical reply is "there are bad apples in every group" At least such a reply is somewhat honest in that it admits that not every officer is a sterling example to us all... the other typical replies are similar to what's posted above... "you're leaping to judgment" "you don't know the whole story" "don't judge a book by its cover" and lots of other nonsense that seemingly denies the existence of piss-poor police officers and suggests that by virtue of being a police officer, a person is deserving, of high moral character and frankly, superior to us ordinary plebians...just the sort of guy this thread is all about.

I would suggest, however that there are an AWFUL LOT of bad apples in this group (LEO)... there are bad lawyers, judges, doctors, mailmen, secretaries, mechanics, etc and I have run into a lot of them and this board is rife with anecdotes about mrons we have all encountered. As an aside, and speaking solely from the realm of personal experience and nothing more, the two professions that have the most amount of shitheads are roofers and law enforcement officers with LEO taking top honors and roofers hot on their heels at 2nd.

In short, having "prejudices" or "judging a book by its cover" or "following a hunch" based on life experience is how people make it day to day... do you need to touch red hot metal every time you see it in order to remember that it will burn like hell? Do you pet strange dogs to see if they will bite? Do you walk in bad neighborhoods to remember they are safe? Do you trust a government law enforcement agent to test his assertion that he's trying to help you? not me, guess I make a lot of judgments without personal knowledge or, in other words, I pre-judge...just because you sling the word prejudice with all its ugly connotations doesn;t mean it's a bad thing.

eta: In fact, such prejudgment suggests a higher cognitive function since I can recognize patterns, make prejudgments and avoid repeating the same mistakes...must be that lobotomy
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
This sense of entitlement is actually fairly common in the cops I have dealt with in my life. Many of them feel that they are special, and by virtue of thier jobs deserve to be treated specially. They claim that because they put bad guys away that they should be entitled to carry anywhere they go.

As a young person I delieverd Pizzas for a chain Pizza place in Oak Grove KY. Most of our customers were on Ft. Campbell, but we also had many very bad neighbohoods that we had to deliver to. One evening I was making my last deliveries in a rough trailer park, and as I was getting ready to drive away a guy walks up to my car and asks me if I have any extra pizzas with me (in that area it was not uncommon for drivers for mom and pop places to take extra pizzas on delivery runs with them to hustle the commision) I told him that our company only sent out pizzas that had been ordered, he then told me he had a gun, to give him my money, I dumped the clutch and took off. As I tore out of the cul de sac the jackass fired at my car and put out the rear window. I went back to the shop, I was fairly shaken up about it, told my boss what happened, and called the police. The police told me that if I really wanted to take a statemetn that I should go back out to where it happened and call them from there, so they could do an investigation! I knew that it was bullshit and that they could just as well take a statement at the station or the pizza shop, but they just didn't want to deal with it. As I was about to get off the phone the cop asked to speak with my manager, so I put him on. As they started to talk I heard my manager tell the cop that we were closed and no longer taking orders. After my boss got off the phone he started making three pies, and asked me if I could make a delivery on my way home, at the police station. I told him that I would be happy to, that I was going to stop by the police station and make a report on the way home anyway. I finished cleaning up, about the time the pizzas were ready, so I grabbed the pies and drove down the road to the police station (it was less than a mile away). When I got there , the front desk was empty so I walkied around the hall to the break room, as I approached the break room I heard some cops talking, I stopped and listened for a minute. I overheard one cop telling another that he had just had a call from a pizza guy that had his window shot out in a trailer park and wanted somebody to go and arrest somebody, the second cop said "yeah, he gets shot at so I have to go and make the bad man pay for his window", the first cop then says at least I got them to deliver us some pizzas after they were closed, I jsut hope they don't get to cold with the window of the guys car broke! I was pissed, but i didn't say anything, I just knocked on the door and played stupid, the cop took the pizza and asked me what he owed, I told him nothing that the manager sent them for free, then the guys tells me to tell the idiot who got himself jacked to come in and make a statement in the morning, that they were to busy to deal with it to night. I just left with whole new sense of respect for LEO's, the Jackasses got free pizza and didn't even give me a tip (wich was not unusual cops hardly ever tip). The whole ordeal made me really despise cops, for thier apathy and self centered behaviour, I eventually realized that it was just an isolated incident, and that most cops weren't like that, but to this day I get a bad taste in my mouth when I have to deal with cops, and I certainly don't trust them to protect anything other than thier own cowardly asses, because the one time I needed that kind of help, they prefered to make jokes at my expense.

that's just one, er uh, two officers, that's not representative! you've never been a cop! you've never been those guys! they've had stupid pizza deliverers too! the police had better things to do! you're not credible! the story is made up! way to pre-judge! turn off your brain did you? a tip, don't you get a check?! cops should be priveleged after all it's a thankless job and it's not like they get paid to do their thankless job just like everyone else with a crappy job, etc...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

specifically this part:

"To give you an example of the attitude of some students, on one occasion I went outside my home at 2 a.m., and politely asked they please do not throw beer cans, bottles and cups in my yard, the flower beds and please not urinate in the bushes.

The reply I received was, "F-- you lady, face it, this is a college town and we own it!" This crude remark frightened me and I retreated to the safety of my home. "

And because of shit like that, SOME COPS (YOU INCLUDED) apparently think that ALL college students deserve to be treated very badly, wether they deserve it or not.

And then those same cops get all pissy when people don't like cops.  FOAD
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
How does this guy give LEO's a bad name? He's one man stating one man's position. That should give him a bad name.  Does someone want to lump us all together? Paint us all with one broad brush?

Sure why not..... and by the way, I don't appreciate that ticket that your buddy gave me here in Florida..... I was barely speeding anyway...... geez
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

specifically this part:

And because of shit like that, SOME COPS (YOU INCLUDED) apparently think that ALL college students deserve to be treated very badly, wether they deserve it or not.   Oh yes they do,  especially frats.

Frats are pissy just in the natural order of things.  When they're sober that is.

And where do you get the idea cops WANT to be liked by you?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

"crossposting" is generally frowned upon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This sense of entitlement is actually fairly common in the cops I have dealt with in my life. Many of them feel that they are special, and by virtue of thier jobs deserve to be treated specially.

We are not special and should not be treated differently. Unfortunately, we are sometimes. Usually in the form of losing your job over off duty conduct.

You rarely see a construction worker or grocerty clerk get fired over a bar fight or DUI arrest. But if a cop gets arrested for a petty crime the community is usually screaming for his job. Why thr double standard? They are not "special" they should be treated EXACTLY the same.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
And because of shit like that, SOME COPS (YOU INCLUDED) apparently think that ALL college students deserve to be treated very badly, wether they deserve it or not.

Did I say ALL? I said they are their own worst enemies. That doesn't mean all. Unfortunately, it means a LOT of them. And your FOAD comment is  uncalled for in a civil debate and simply betrays your immaturity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Hmmm, that asshat reminds me of:

"I AM THE LAW"
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I understand you and many of your co-workers amongst the nation are professionals and are not to be compared with trash like that of "Ranger."

However, out of curiosity, what would you do if you had a person like "Ranger" working in your department? Would you do nothing, tell him to stop his asshat behavior, report to superiors?

I'm not judging you, I'm just wondering how other POs feel about this "police superiority" behavior.

There are all types in every occupation. The Rangers  of my occupation are entitled to their opinion.As long as its not affecting my ability to do my job, they are entitled to their opinion. He doesn't sound like he's doing anything illegal; he just has a certain viewpoint of the Job and the people he deals with based on WHO he deals with. That doesn't warrant reporting him to anyone. Reporting him for what? An opinion?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This sense of entitlement is actually fairly common in the cops I have dealt with in my life. Many of them feel that they are special, and by virtue of thier jobs deserve to be treated specially.

We are not special and should not be treated differently. Unfortunately, we are sometimes. Usually in the form of losing your job over off duty conduct.

You rarely see a construction worker or grocerty clerk get fired over a bar fight or DUI arrest. But if a cop gets arrested for a petty crime the community is usually screaming for his job. Why thr double standard? They are not "special" they should be treated EXACTLY the same.

hmmm, gorcery clerks? seriously... don't you think that comparison is just a hair misleading? Do you really see law enforcement work as menial as bagging groceries? I would also point out that most grocery clerks don't have even a high school education and are frequently high school kids working part time jobs making minimum wage without benefits.

Anyone who has real responsibility who works in the public eye has to worry about the same thing.. try this on for a comparison.. teachers, aldermen,  commercial pilots, courthouse clerks and anyone who has any position of public authority or responsibility... and shouldn't it be that way?

Are you being facetious when you say "they should be treated EXACTLY the same"? If not, does that mean you oppose laws that turn simple battery into a felony because it involved law enforcement, on or off duty? Do you oppose all similar legislation?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Wave, was that you?

That would explain alot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

gorcery clerks? seriously... don't you think that comparison is just a hair misleading? Do you really see law enforcement work as menial as bagging groceries?

The "right" thing to believe seems to be that the stable boy shoveling shit at the race track is the equal of the president, and they should all be treated exactly the same way. of course people that really feel that way are either liberal democrats, socialist, or read Animal Farm too many times.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"crossposting" is generally frowned upon.

I've posted in separate forums before and no one ever told me that it wasn't cool. I felt this was an interesting enough issue and it be spread to more people that's why I also posted it in the LEO Forum, and that post was eventually locked. I also didn't post it in my on Hometown Forum because I felt it would get more exposure in the General and LEO Forums.

Thanks for the heads-up Ar15fan.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top