Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:56:49 AM EDT
At my business we do a lot of "to go" orders anyways a customer use to come in, then she ordered a couple big orders for parties and payed with credit card, she sent in someone else to pick up the food. Now about a month later the credit card company is telling me that those charges weren't made by the card owner. So basically I got tricked and am out a big chunk of cash.

I have a cell number and possibly a home phone buried somewhere. Anyways the phone is working.

I know the cell phone provider wont a name but I was thinking of getting a little sneaky.

Like verifying information, is this XXX do you live at??

I wonder if the police could do anything, nothing against cops but they dont really have the time to track people. Maybe i could find a detective that works this kind of thing.

But I dont even think a cop could get a cell number without a warrant.

any help? any way to track a cell number.

thanks guys.

I know I messed up but hey I want to make things right...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Greg,
I don't know where you live, but in SC there is a law against that.  It falls in the same gerenal area of defrauding an innkeeper, etc, etc...  I tracked down many such instances when I was a cop.  I am sure that your local PD would have time to do that...it is afterall, their job and you pay taxes for them to have time to dothat.  If you are out a good but of money, I'd give them a call and let them handle it.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
what are your plans for recovering the money if you find her?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just turn all the info over to the cops, after i found where she lives the cops would have it easy just picking her up.

thanks-
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just turn all the info over to the cops, after i found where she lives the cops would have it easy just picking her up.

thanks-

Get the cops involved now.  YOU can't get the cell phone owner's name, but the cops can.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]
www.whitepages.com   click on reverse a phone number. It works for home numbers, tells you address and names somtimes ages! Cell numbers it can find the area code, its a start.
Top Top