Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2004 10:58:44 AM EDT
First off yes I know their products and service suck.......so no more business with them ever.

Now my problem. I ordered a dissy upper from them and it has several problems.

1. The carry handle is purple.
2. Chamber seems tighter than 5.56, lots of f.t.e. or it could be the bolt.
3. I ordered a chrome bolt carrier, they sent a national match carrier (doesn't have f/a capabiliteies, and if I ever needed forward assist it is with this upper)
4. I ordered a sling too and it was not shipped.
5. The charging handle latch has turned my upper into grooved aluminum on the side where it catches. I mean it is shaving it off.

I send an email asking if they can replace this and all they say is return it for a $120 restocking fee.

Now besides reporting them to the b.b.b and ripoffreport.com, what else can e done?
UPDATE

I just got an email from them and they are going to give me full credit or fix the problems (my choice) and even pay shipping. I think they are getting the hint that good service will pay off and bad service gets you flamed.

11/18 UPDATE

Well they refunded me for the upper, they lied and did not pay for shipping like Brian said he would. I thought as much
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess its time to start another M1S FOAD thread!
SOrry to hear the problems you are having. I will be in Reno this coming weekend they are usually there. I think I will go get a couple thousand worth of goodies all bagged up and ready to pay for, then say, "Ohhhh you are the guys I read about on AR15.com, no thanks!"
CH
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First off yes I know their products and service suck.......so no more business with them ever.

3. I ordered a chrome bolt carrier, they sent a national match carrier (doesn't have f/a capabiliteies, and if I ever needed forward assist it is with this upper)
4. I ordered a sling too and it was not shipped.
5. The charging handle latch has turned my upper into grooved aluminum on the side where it catches. I mean it is shaving it off.

I send an email asking if they can replace this and all they say is return it for a $120 restocking fee.

Now besides reporting them to the b.b.b and ripoffreport.com, what else can e done?

I'd call and make sure I got at least 120.00 worth of someones ass at Moron1Sales,  but judging from their previous track record I'd say you're probably fooked.

Hope it works out for you.

The upper I ordered from them was a nice A2, nice black finish,  good fluted barrel,basic quality B&BC, and then a Lower Parts kit that was just pure, unadulterated, out of spec, chinese pot metal SHIT.  The Disconnector was so out of spec that it was tying up the Hammer after each shot. I had to push the trigger FORWARD after a round to get it to fire at all. I chalked it up as a lesson learned after reading the previous thread, and ate the cost of a RRA parts kit, which was worth more than trying to argue with the aparrent assholes at M1S.

Gun runs 100% now., but I am going to take it apart just to make sure the monkeys M1 haven't overtorques the barrel or something. Come to think of, I'll replace the B/BC as well.

No more Moron1 sales kits for me, shoulda stuck with J&T to start with.

SG
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about your luck. Model 1 is rapidly destroying their reputation on this board. Someone needs to draw their attention to this thread, just like the last one. Maybe they'll get a clue.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your luck. Model 1 is rapidly destroying their reputation on this board. Someone needs to draw their attention to this thread, just like the last one. Maybe they'll get a clue.

I just called them and told them who I was and my order # to try and work it out over the phone instead of e-mail.

They hung up on me!! I am so pissed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#5]
<---biting tongue.

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just called them and told them who I was and my order # to try and work it out over the phone instead of e-mail.

I was with-holding judgement because I had only heard one side of the story, but when a business hangs-up on a customer (even when he's upset), that's the proof that I need that they are asshats.

Model1 Sales is teh suck!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
This place ?
www.model1sales.com/#
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This place ?
www.model1sales.com/#

Yep thats them alright
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok email complaint sent to the Chicago B.B.B.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys just dont seem to care. They must be taking lessons from Toad over at SW.
Amazing, it really is.
CH
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Guess I'm sticking with J&T Distributing.

I was considering Model one for my next build too.

I have a 16 inch kit I got off J&T with 0 malfunctions in over 7000 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That is who I was going to gp with or m&a sales. My wife decided to suprise me and order an upper for me. I had the shotgun news out to their ad with a note written of what features I wanted on an upper. She ordered online to suprise me, I still haven't told her that it was not meant for model1sales, just a note for myself.  I love her to death, but I wanna choke the shit outta myself for leaving that laying around.
On secong thought you should be able to order something and get what you payed for!!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Why should they care?

They got your "gold" and you got the "shaft."

Depending on if you used a credit card and which one, some have warranties with them. Maybe, just maybe, you could go through them and get this straightened out. Some cc companies have this policy, maybe it is worth checking into?

Companies like this need to have their ass kicked.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is who I was going to gp with or m&a sales. My wife decided to suprise me and order an upper for me. I had the shotgun news out to their ad with a note written of what features I wanted on an upper. She ordered online to suprise me, I still haven't told her that it was not meant for model1sales, just a note for myself.  I love her to death, but I wanna choke the shit outta myself for leaving that laying around.
On secong thought you should be able to order something and get what you payed for!!!!

You've got a wife who can pick up on hints you leave around the house.....

dude, be happy w/ what ya got!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
If she paid with credit card, call the CC company up and tell them that what you bought wasn't what was shipped to you. Explain to them that M1S will not refund your money on the return without sticking it to you... call it fraud if you will.

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If she paid with credit card, call the CC company up and tell them that what you bought wasn't what was shipped to you. Explain to them that M1S will not refund your money on the return without sticking it to you... call it fraud if you will.

Check card has same feature, gonna try that next.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#18]
was thinking about going model1 for my next build, cancel that thought. Will go J&T, at least they care about their customer base.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I sent them an email about this thread and mentioned arowners experience with them on losing his order.

Here is their reply, I asked arowner for permission first.

We dont have a history losing order unless your talking about some idiot on AR-15,com who had his girlfriend send the order back from another state with no name on it? That was a joke UPS stood here and said that guy must have been a crack baby or totally retarded.. UPS doesnt get after anyone by the way, They'll just look for a package until its found.

I guess they don't take us as a group very seriously.

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
fuck 'em. i am sick and tired of some of these ass hats ripping people off. We NEED a dedicated HALL OF SHAME forum for dealers that are con artists.

mike

EXCELLENT
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I sent them an email about this thread and mentioned arowners experience with them on losing his order.

Here is their reply, I asked arowner for permission first.

We dont have a history losing order unless your talking about some idiot on AR-15,com who had his girlfriend she had no involvement (and she's not my GF)send the order back from another state I sent it from the nearest UPS outlet...some of us happen to live near state lines, OK?with no name on it? I guess you got it confused with all those OTHER uppers that came back that you just sat on a shelf and forgot about, as if having customers send back stuff for no reason whatsoever is a common thing, no? That was a joke UPS stood here and said that guy must have been a crack baby or totally retarded..Maybe they did, though I find it hard to believe. UPS doesnt get after anyone by the wayUPS spent untold hours hounding M1S about my upper., They'll just look for a package until its found.

I guess they don't take us as a group very seriously.

What else can I say? They sat on my return for WEEKS, and in NEVER occurred to them that maybe, just maybe, that box they recieved that they never opened, just MAYBE that was a customer return?

The fact that it had a tracking # on it meant nothing?

And what about the mystery-employee who signed for it? We never heard that explained, did we?

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
For those who missed it first time around...

Ahh, memories.....

Why won't they clean their act up?
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#25]
They emailed me back and offered a full refund. I in turn asked why didn't they do that to start with.

Anybody can sell a bad product...........ANYONE...........the difference is how they handle that when told.

After they get your money determines their level of integrity.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Take the money and run.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
They emailed me back and offered a full refund. I in turn asked why didn't they do that to start with.

Anybody can sell a bad product...........ANYONE...........the difference is how they handle that when told.

Get your money, THEN make them aware of this new thread

They are teh suck ...
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get your money, THEN make them aware of this new thread

They are teh suck ...

I told them upfront about this thread. I hate to lose $600 but it won't kill me either. They will lose thousands in bad publicity. I can live with that. Ripoffreport.com will kill a business. If you type a biz into a search engine, the negative report comes up also.

If I ship it back and they don't credit my account, then I have the federal trade commision to talk to.
Either way I really won't lose, I will just make them my new hobby
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe I'm streching here a bit, but we have quite a few members that frequent a majority of firearms boards on the net. As well we are generous & understanding that stuff happens from time to time & all we ask is that we are treated like you'd like to be treated, however stuffing meat into our lower oriface makes us hostile & some/most will chase you all the way to hell for a quarter knowing the whole time it's gonna melt if you do so. I believe we have the #'s to be a factor of influence on the net should we choose to be so.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I think I kinda see what is happening to M1S. I used to stick up for them, I have at least one of there kits from about 1998, and a couple of barrels ordered the day after AWB expired, I have another AR I bought from one of my buddys in the C.G., I think he used m1s KIT ALSO. My experience has been good with them, But with all the problems lately, it seems like they are getting worse, what I think is happening is that they can't keep up with the building frenzy that is going on now that the AWB is gone, so they are passing off what would have been seconds a few years ago. It has been mentioned that it is believed that thier barrel biulder is useing a worn out chamber reamer and that the chambers are getting tighter, I believe this. They are afraid to just tell us " hey, we are realy backed up and we can't fill any more orders", so they go over to the dumpster and pull out all the out-of-spec parts, wrap'em up all pretty like in a ton of paper and ship'em out. Like I said, I USED TO support them, I am planing three more builds in the next year, and I will definantly not use M1S, I will probably post here first asking who is currently the best supplyer.
  Oh, and good luck to you in getting this resolved.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
... Like I said, I USED TO support them, I am planing three more builds in the next year, and I will definantly not use M1S, I will probably post here first asking who is currently the best supplyer...

+1.

I bought a upper from them right after the end of the AWB, and it works for me, but seeing the shit-pie they are serving this guy, I will be sending my future business elsewhere. Too many reputable vendors out there for me to want to risk getting reamed by these morons.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Again, a little too late M1s. I cant believe that reply that you got from them. Just like the whole "Whiner comment" they have not learned.

Their actions speak loudly and I agree, we need a hall of shame. They are a company that has proven it will at least try ot rip you off.

AARRRRGGGHHHH! This makes me so fucking mad!

CH
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I have seen this crew at a gun show, asked to look at a charging handle and how much $ . When I noticed the poor finish and said no thanks, the dude just threw it back into the parts bin with a what fuck man don't buy it then comment. Learned right then be beware of this Co.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Said it before and I'll say it again.  They fucked me but good ONCE years ago, and that was enough for me.  Looks like their behavior, and their parts, haven't changed a bit since 1994.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]
For those of you looking at "Parts Kits"---

These companys are related.

The NESARD CLAN---------------------

---Model 1
---M&A
---Sherluk

---Sun Vally----aka---ASA---sideways connection---ex son inlaw IIRC

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

3. I ordered a chrome bolt carrier, they sent a national match carrier (doesn't have f/a capabiliteies, and if I ever needed forward assist it is with this upper)4. I ordered a sling too and it was not shipped.

On the upper that I just ordered for my dad they did the same shit. The natl match bolt carrier is listed as $125 on their website and the regular one is $59.

You just made $66.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The upper that I just ordered for my dad they did the same shit. The natl match bolt carrier is listed as $125 on their website and the regular one is $59.

You just made $66.

Don't believe this BS. There is NO SUCH THING as a National Match bolt carrier. There are NO National Match specs. for the AR15/M16 family of rifles. This is one of the most over used marketing ploys with regards to AR's. Don't fall for it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The upper that I just ordered for my dad they did the same shit. The natl match bolt carrier is listed as $125 on their website and the regular one is $59.

You just made $66.

Don't believe this BS. There is NO SUCH THING as a National Match bolt carrier. There are NO National Match specs. for the AR15/M16 family of rifles. This is one of the most over used marketing ploys with regards to AR's. Don't fall for it.

Yeah national match means lighter weight with no f/a grooves.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Since the last few threads about them every time I see the name Model 1 I shudder.

No money from this monkey
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Since the last few threads about them every time I see the name Model 1 I shudder.

No money from this monkey

You said monkey!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#42]

I wonder how long before someone at M1S logs back into their troll 'Bohica007' account for another round of  damage control...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=207046

I absolutely agree we need a vendor 'hall of shame' here on ARFcom...

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
<---biting tongue.

First person I thought of when i saw the title .
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Bump for update
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top