User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Reaction of BATFE:

Not quite.  Bet they are looking to busting the SELLER.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Tagging to confirm the predictable oputcome.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reaction of BATFE:

For sure and absolutely.

That seller is going to get a major FBC probe and probably get driven out of business for any and all piddly shit they can find on him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reaction of BATFE:

I thought it was a private party sale, how can they bust the seller if he sold to a same state resident?
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
DT
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ZAHN: But it was remarkable to watch you do this transaction in about a 20-minute period. Now, we should make it clear you went to a private seller.

GRIFFIN: That's right.

ZAHN: To purchase this gun. Why?

GRIFFIN: On the Internet, you learn all the new nuances and all the loopholes of buying a gun. If I bought that through a licensed dealer, I'd have to clear a background check. I would have to show proof of age, proof of residency. By going through a private seller, private seller, private buyer, it's strictly a cash transaction. We made sure that the two, the buyer and the seller, were in the same state. And after that, cash and carry.

ZAHN: Isn't that astonishing to you?

GRIFFIN: It was to me. I'm not a gun person. I've never bought a gun before in my life. And to see how easy this was to do and how easy it was, even easier, to get these armor-piercing bullets, it was incredible.

ZAHN: What was the most surprising thing that you learned about this weapon?

GRIFFIN: I think the most surprising thing I learned about it is that a person who has no experience with guns could go out there on the Internet, get armor-piercing bullets, buy a gun, bring it home, and, within two shots, hit a target 1,000 feet away.

yeahhhh....everyone that I know engages targets at 1000 feet with a .50 from their homes...and on their first time shooting a .50, second shot none the less

WERE IN THE SAME STATE OR FROM THE SAME STATE?
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember when Mrs. Brady said she did a "straw-purchase" for her son's rifle....nothing happened.

Remember when John Kerry said he kept an assault-rilfe in Boston city limits, where its illegal...nothing happened.

They are only there to harass those who cannot defend themselves. Then they go out of their way to find or create evidence.

IIRC she did not violate the law, as the rifle was a gift for her son, who could legally qualify to purchase the rifle.  Nothing wrong with doing that.

I believe it was a "straw purchase" as defined under MD(?) state law.  It wasn't a federal straw purchase.

The Delaware Department of Justice investigated the incident and determined that no violation of state law occurred.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]
tag for updates.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#9]
tag-o-rama
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember when Mrs. Brady said she did a "straw-purchase" for her son's rifle....nothing happened.

Remember when John Kerry said he kept an assault-rilfe in Boston city limits, where its illegal...nothing happened.

They are only there to harass those who cannot defend themselves. Then they go out of their way to find or create evidence.

IIRC she did not violate the law, as the rifle was a gift for her son, who could legally qualify to purchase the rifle.  Nothing wrong with doing that.

I believe it was a "straw purchase" as defined under MD(?) state law.  It wasn't a federal straw purchase.

The Delaware Department of Justice investigated the incident and determined that no violation of state law occurred.  

Hadn't heard that.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I doubt that they will do a damn thing. I contacted them a couple of times(as an LEO) about thugs (convicted felons) roaming the countryside with loaded handguns. Never heard back from them. The only reason I called the BATF is because our prosecutor didn't have the balls to charge them. However since the suspects in this case are probably law abiding for the most part, and have gainful employment other than running a meth lab, they had better watch the fuck out. Thats the way things usually work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ZAHN: But it was remarkable to watch you do this transaction in about a 20-minute period. Now, we should make it clear you went to a private seller.

GRIFFIN: That's right.

ZAHN: To purchase this gun. Why?

GRIFFIN: On the Internet, you learn all the new nuances and all the loopholes of buying a gun. If I bought that through a licensed dealer, I'd have to clear a background check. I would have to show proof of age, proof of residency. By going through a private seller, private seller, private buyer, it's strictly a cash transaction. We made sure that the two, the buyer and the seller, were in the same state. And after that, cash and carry.

ZAHN: Isn't that astonishing to you?

GRIFFIN: It was to me. I'm not a gun person. I've never bought a gun before in my life. And to see how easy this was to do and how easy it was, even easier, to get these armor-piercing bullets, it was incredible.

ZAHN: What was the most surprising thing that you learned about this weapon?

GRIFFIN: I think the most surprising thing I learned about it is that a person who has no experience with guns could go out there on the Internet, get armor-piercing bullets, buy a gun, bring it home, and, within two shots, hit a target 1,000 feet away.

yeahhhh....everyone that I know engages targets at 1000 feet with a .50 from their homes...and on their first time shooting a .50, second shot none the less

WERE IN THE SAME STATE OR FROM THE SAME STATE?

That's a damned good question!
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reaction of BATFE:

Seller did nothing wrong.
Sold a gun to resident of his state.
The law was broken by the CNN reporter and the guy who made the straw purchase.
No criminal intent on the part of the seller.  Only the buyer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
CNN and the ATF are cohorts in the effort to remove guns from "ordinary peoples'" hands

ATF will do nothing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]
TAG!
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reaction of BATFE:

Seller did nothing wrong.
Sold a gun to resident of his state.
The law was broken by the CNN reporter and the guy who made the straw purchase.
No criminal intent on the part of the seller.  Only the buyer.

Because it's the media who bought the gun, the BATFE's reaction will still be:

The BATFE is afraid the media will be on their case again for their utter incompetence, corruption and sexual harassment as they did back in 1992, just before Waco- a spectacular raid which was designed to take people's minds off the failings of the BATF....
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
atg
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Sent a shout out to drudge.  Don't know how to contact ann coulter.  Probably gets a lot of nasty grams.  I doubt fox would touch it.  Maybe Sean Hannity.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top