Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 3:08:05 AM EDT
How many companies will just say it's not worth it?
I'm thinking the big chain stores that had " Inventory Reduction Engineers" clean them out will at a board of directors meeting decide to forgo the effort and concentrate on higher profit areas.
Or at best just stock the basics of food, clothing and cleaning supplies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What is this flood, a once in every 40 to 50 years? I think Walmart will reopen as soon as repairs and restocking is complete. Law and order must return FIRST!
The competion is gone and they can look for record sales. Not to mention that they can claim they're doing a public service. I can see the commericals now, "Walmart was here in your time of need"  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:26:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably none. Insurance will cover everything ( Flood/Looter damage & Inventory Loss) and the looters will return to spend their welfare money when the ghetto returns to normal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
A LOT of stores won't be rebuilding
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top