Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2007 4:25:21 AM EDT
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=304554

Excellent idea. Based around the idea that we can effectively boycott our lawmakers into submission, on top of the letters calls etc. One more weapon in the fight to keep our RIGHTS!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I give it a week before the civil war starts back up again with the fudds if it all comes together.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I give it a week before the civil war starts back up again with the fudds if it all comes together.

maybe, but I'm prepared to try and work with them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Only if they clean up that website and make it a little less "loud".

Good lord, I almost had a seizure from the colors.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
... I don't foresee this working out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Well before we run off and boycott our opposition I would like an answer to a question. Has anyone figured out the economic impact of such a bill. The loss of jobs, shops going out of business,  tax revenue, increase load on welfare services, the loss of programs funded by our purchases(wildlife programs/parks), web site developers and hosting provideres,advertising budgets. The list can go on and on.

We need some idea of the scope of our impact on the economy both local and national. Some may say even international also.

It will make our battle quite a bit easier I believe.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well before we run off and boycott our opposition I would like an answer to a question. Has anyone figured out the economic impact of such a bill. The loss of jobs, shops going out of business,  tax revenue, increase load on welfare services. the loss of programs funded by our purchases(wildlife programs/parks). As many realize there is going to be a domino effect with this bill or any others.

I think that has been considered. Boycotting anyone that does not supoport fighting the AWB should be automatic there is no reason to hesitate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm sorry BLY but that post just says "I'm too lazy to do anything like that so why try"

Have you written a letter or called anyone in the last week? Just wondering. I really feel that at this particular time in history if you are not doing something constructive to help just get out  of the way.

Negative comments/Predictions are absolutely worthless in every way.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe, but I'm prepared to try and work with them.

Same here.
We won't know if we don't try.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
We need to get some of our mods and other higher-ups in on this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry BLY but that post just says "I'm too lazy to do anything like that so why try"

Actually, I was talking about everyone else.

Seems most people really don't care, and those that do are not willing to put aside their conflicts in order to accomplish a higher goal. Everyone is self important, with their own morals and ideals of what the world should be... These people find it difficult to work with others who have opposing views, backgrounds or interests.

Sometimes they are "too lazy to do anything."

I have tried many times in the past to rally people for a cause and never received as many volunteers as I should have. People are just to interested in the moment and see no legitimate, logical reason to look to the future and question what will be there, waiting for them and their descendants. The people who claim that they are not a sheep, yet continue to do nothing about their shepherd, are sheep nonetheless.

They will continue to live out their lives, not really considering how much of an impact their lack of actions will have on future generations, and the hope for mankind altogether.

BTW, how many views has this thread had?... How many replies?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I was talking about everyone else.

Seems most people really don't care, and those that do are not willing to put aside their conflicts in order to accomplish a higher goal. Everyone is self important, with their own morals and ideals of what the world should be... These people find it difficult to work with others who have opposing views, backgrounds or interests.

Sometimes they are "too lazy to do anything."

I have tried many times in the past to rally people for a cause and never received as many volunteers as I should have. People are just to interested in the moment and see no legitimate, logical reason to look to the future and question what will be there, waiting for them and their descendants. The people who claim that they are not a sheep, yet continue to do nothing about their shepherd, are sheep nonetheless.

They will continue to live out their lives, not really considering how much of an impact their lack of actions will have on future generations, and the hope for mankind altogether.
Your tone seems like your fed up with these lazt sheep and you should be. But you NEVER GIVE UP! The Antis don't give up proposing these absurd bills. We need to be More diligent then they are.

BTW, how many views has this thread had?... How many replies?

I don't neccessarily care if people respond. I hope that  if they do they help instead of just waste space.  I was hoping that people would see the link and help make it happen.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree!!!!   I've been trying to point out here and on the bike forums I hit that we are both fringe groups with mostly conservative members.  R1-forum has a shitload of military guys too.  I say we work together to beat the libs down.   If we support them and them us, I'm both, we would wield a lot of power.  Allen got elected Gov. in VA this way.  I saw "bikers for Allen"  and "hunters for Allen" and "gun owners for Allen" and "offroaders for Allen"  on cars everywhere that campaign.   We all have similar views and goals, might as well help each other out.

If you guys hadn't noticed the liberals have been doing this for years and kicking our asses with their unity through common goals
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree, never give up, never surrender

If we have a chance to do something now, are we not fools if we don't even try?

Lets organize so our voice can be heard!

Think of what is at stake!

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I really hope this picks up some serious momentum.

Ezra (of "Head's Bunker" fame) is articulate, EBR-savvy, and sharp as a tack - He's a good focal point for this...dare I say 'movement'?

(BTW, if the default gunsnet color scheme hurts your eyes, there's a switch at the bottom of each page that allows you to drop back to a considerably less-busy "TGN Old Style" skin.)
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Folks,

Fudds and regular shooters need to unite. The larger and more powerfull lobby we have the better the chances we have in congress.

The fact is, these clowns want ALL of our guns. Also, they would like nothing more than to do away with ALL fishing and hunting. They want ALL of it GONE FOR GOOD.  

Get out thier and get involved. Take new people shooting whenever you can, I do.
If you hunt, educate the hunters you know on "scary black weapons" if you get the chance. Take new people hunting, help them get licensed, get them involved in the outdoors. Each one of us can do something to help save our shooting and hunting heritage.

Above all, join the NRA. It is the best thing we have going for us now as far as a politcal lobby.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it's a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Folks,

Fudds and regular shooters need to unite. The larger and more powerfull lobby we have the better the chances we have in congress.

The fact is, these clowns want ALL of our guns. Also, they would like nothing more than to do away with ALL fishing and hunting. They want ALL of it GONE FOR GOOD.  

Get out thier and get involved. Take new people shooting whenever you can, I do.
If you hunt, educate the hunters you know on "scary black weapons" if you get the chance. Take new people hunting, help them get licensed, get them involved in the outdoors. Each one of us can do something to help save our shooting and hunting heritage.

Above all, join the NRA. It is the best thing we have going for us now as far as a politcal lobby.

Good point. Those appleseed shoots are great for that. I always make a point of asking someone to go shooting if they seem like they are misinformed or anti.

Their whole attitude changes when they fire the AR for the first time. Now it's not like they are instantly NRA Life Members but they certainly don't seem so convinced that they are evil anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Lessons learned from Clausowitz. 100% effort on a small part of the enemy. I would suggest an easy target like Zumbo. We need to pick off a slightly tougher target this time. If we went after Feinstein or Schumer, they are too powerful and would slap us down way too fast.

We should go after RINO's. An easy win will get us more headline news. I saw the Zumbo story on MSN's home page tonight. We can then build on the momentum.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like a good idea.  We need some people with authority here to speak with the higher  ups.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Folks,

I'm fully in agreement.  We sent a wake up call to the Fudds, I hope they get the message.  I'm willing to forgive Jim Zumbo, and I was one of his harshest critics, if he comes back and becomes a champion for the 2nd amendment and tries to bring Fudds the message, join us on the path of saving the 2nd and the RTKBA, become our brothers or feel our wrath.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm all for it just as long as the cowboy action shooters aren't allowed to participate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I think that it would be a great idea.  I don't know how it would work (this isn't really my thing) but I would certainly get behind it if it comes to fruition.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#23]
It's worth a try, and we DO have power that we are just beginning to realize. Organization is the next logical step.

We will need a forum and moderators to keep the trolls away from the afcom portion. This is way too important to allow bickering and DU to mess up.

This thread is worthy of a tack.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds great!

We do need to unite or were all fucked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Until they start talking about banning ammunition the fudds don't care.  I'm still willing to pitch in though.

How about

1. listing of relevent addresses postal or email
2. Tack or form letters to be cut and pasted.
3.  Phone numbers to offices of elected officials
4.  Links to house and Senate sites
5.  List of those to not bother contacting, thus CA, NY, and ban state residents can focus elsewhere.
6.  Some sort of organized call up log.  >>Massed concentrated calls to certain offices at specific times<<
7.  Some format of cooordinated Email and snail mail to certain offices on certain days.  Take note of the Tack/Form letter reccomendation above.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a good idea.
I agree a coordinated effort aimed at the politicians is the key.
And we also need to keep the folks in MA from voting in 2008.

CA too as a matter of fact.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#27]
A few years back,  I actually wrote to several of the larger gun boards, suggesting that they all host a common scrolling applet that would provide legislative news flashes and provide contact information for elected officials.  Some wrote back that it was an interesting idea.  

I'd love to see all of the most popular pro-gun websites (where gun owners spend so much of their web time) hosting an application that would be sure to put important information before the eyes of millions of users, and increase the chance that pro-gunners would actually take action to thwart impending gun control and expand out rights.

A (modest!) advertising space within the applet could make the prospect lucrative, as well.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#28]
NEAT
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#29]
tag...I'm in

It strikes me that this might be one of the best ideas yet (on top of other things like writing you reps).
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought this was a sign up sheet for Columbian style political death squads- maybe I'm in the wrong area.

C77
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Until they start talking about banning ammunition the fudds don't care.  I'm still willing to pitch in though.

How about

6.  Some sort of organized call up log.  >>Massed concentrated calls to certain offices at specific times<<

I really like that one. They would remember getting deluged more than 5-10 calls per day.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Organizing is something we need to do.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:39:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Bump.

Quoted:

That's a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Historically the problem pro-individual-freedom people have ALWAYS had is unity and organization. Right down to the way the constitution was adopted. Thank god the Anti-Federalists got the bill of rights in there.

I'm all for it. We need to unite and work together.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:13:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Tag for when we round up and let our voice be heard!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:23:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What a great attitude.  Keep calling them fudds.  Let's perpetuate the idea that there really is a divide between hunters and shooters.  That way we can concentrate on beating up on one another rather than establishing a solid front against those who want to eliminate the 2nd Amendment.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

How about

1. listing of relevent addresses postal or email
2. Tack or form letters to be cut and pasted.
3.  Phone numbers to offices of elected officials
4.  Links to house and Senate sites
5.  List of those to not bother contacting, thus CA, NY, and ban state residents can focus elsewhere.
7.  Some format of cooordinated Email and snail mail to certain offices on certain days.  Take note of the Tack/Form letter reccomendation above.

Good idea, I've been trying to coallate that infohere

If you have anything please put it on there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#38]
I think it's a great idea.  With our help, we can probably raise the awareness of the 'Fudds' and let them know that their deer rifles are high powered sniper rifles in the eyes of the gun grabbers.

I think it is definately worth a shot and will do what I can.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#39]
An idea that I have had is to produce an image of several guns that would effectively be banned by this new AWB including such guns as the Ruger 10/22 and the M1 Carbine to show the nature of the ban and how it isn't directed towards machine guns, but all guns.  This image could be distributed to the various offices of our Representatives and Senators.  I don't know if they would ever see it, but it has the potential to be an effective means to communicate our opposition.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#40]
This needs to be tacked, probably best in the politics and actevism board...AND we need to communicate with the other gun boards
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
An idea that I have had is to produce an image of several guns that would effectively be banned by this new AWB including such guns as the Ruger 10/22 and the M1 Carbine to show the nature of the ban and how it isn't directed towards machine guns, but all guns.  This image could be distributed to the various offices of our Representatives and Senators.  I don't know if they would ever see it, but it has the potential to be an effective means to communicate our opposition.

SkyCat If  you have the ability to do that please do then post it to the link I have above. Everyone can include it with their letters as a "Visual Aid"
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SkyCat If  you have the ability to do that please do then post it to the link I have above. Everyone can include it with their letters as a "Visual Aid"

Pictures with your children shooting something like a 10/22 would not be a bad idea, but that would be personal. I wouldn't send the same picture from diferent reps (or the same reps)
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Have any of these ideas been tacked anywhere?
Have any other boards been spoken too?
What means are we going to use to bring all these boards together and where?
Ie... are we going to open a completely separate board somewhere or are we asking the firearms boards to link to tagged threads on each others boards?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pictures with your children shooting something like a 10/22 would not be a bad idea, but that would be personal. I wouldn't send the same picture from diferent reps (or the same reps)

I do have the ability to make up an image like that, but it would appear far less than professional as my photochopping skills are less than spectacular.

I was also thinking that images like this could be distributed to friends and family that belong to the "what do you need one of those for" crowd.  We've let them define the terms for far too long.

It would also be a good idea to point out some of the weapons that this ban would not cover, such as NFA Uzis, AKs, M16s, etc.  That would show the true nature of the ban and defeat much of the rhetoric thrown at us by the antis.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Thank You Beer Slayer

i appreciate you opening the topic.  I think it would send a Big message if the two sites could get together on this issue.

I mean imagine the possiblility. I Banner or a button of some kind that constantly updates all the sites wher to focus their efforts.

Senators, Zumbo's etc would receive thousands. of e-mails letters and phone calls.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#48]
We have to be able tp unite, if we are to be taken seriously. I do not know what happened between  Ar15.com and this other board but I damn sur ehope at least a temporary truce can be called.  We need to be as organized and as collected as we can possibly be.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
We have to be able tp unite, if we are to be taken seriously. I do not know what happened between  Ar15.com and this other board but I damn sur ehope at least a temporary truce can be called.  We need to be as organized and as collected as we can possibly be.

agreed, if we cant get passed our differences to work for the common good of us all, I think some members might  take that as a cue.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#50]
This Second Amendment infringement has ignited something deep inside, I'm ready to contribute to this important fight.  A coordinated effort is required, the petty infighting has got to stop. This is important.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top