Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/11/2008 1:36:13 PM EDT
About Us

Ammunition Accountability is a newly forming group of ammunition coding technology supporters. Our group includes gun crime victims, industry representatives, law enforcement, public officials, public policy experts, and more. We are working together to pass legislation to make ammunition coding technology a reality.

Ammunition coding technology works by laser etching the back of each bullet with an alpha-numeric serial number. Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges, the box of ammunition and the bullets’ coding numbers would be connected to the purchaser in a statewide database. When a bullet is found at a crime scene, the code on the bullet can be read with a simple magnifying glass and then be run through a statewide database to determine who purchased the ammunition and where, providing a valuable investigative lead.

There are many ways that you can help us solve gun crime around the nation. For more information about our organization or information about the technology contact us: [email protected].
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you just enlightening us of this evil group, or promoting this bullshit?

ETA: Tag/IBTL
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]

ETA: I'll send 'em an email.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If that wasn't so fracking silly, it would be funny.

Somebody has been watching "CSI" too much.

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Do you think someone who has been here as long and has as many posts is promoting this?
He's just informing us
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think someone who has been here as long and has as many posts is promoting this?
He's just informing us

Around here?  You never know.  However, since he left it COLD, that leads me to believe the latter.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
So, basically, there is going to be a huge black market for pulled, edited, and reloaded cartridges.

Whoo-hoo, reloaders, we-uns is gonna be rich!
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
An ACT relating to firearms and ammunition; requiring [AGENCY] to establish a statewide
database to track coded ammunition manufactured and sold for handguns and assault rifles.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Geeeezusss...as if ammo wasn't expensive enough...now someone wants us to foot the bill to laser etch every flipping round of ammo...never thought that I'd re-load, but that would pretty much do it.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Translation: It's one guy and maybe 3 friends, and some scared housewives who think they're being all "political, and stuff" when they forward emails to other scared housewives.

Gun crime victims = Saw a minority with a handgun the other day.
Industry Representatives = One chick that works in HR.
Law Enforcement = Mall security.
Public officials = Cleans toilets for parks & rec.
Public  policy experts = Opinionated people like me who post in internet forums.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#10]
How are they gonna do that for frangible ammo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Section 3. Prohibition on possession or sale of non-coded ammunition.
1. All handgun and assault weapon ammunition manufactured or sold in the state after
January 1, 2009, shall be coded by the manufacturer.
a. The calibers covered by the coding requirement shall include: [LIST
CALIBERS].
2. No later than January 1, 2011, all non-coded ammunition for the calibers listed in this
chapter, whether owned by private citizens or retail outlets, must be disposed.
Section

So if someone is shot with an uncoded bullet=law enforcement
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Where do I sign up?

Loooking at being the kingpin of the unmarked ammo underground and I need a cover.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Great! We'll have to stock up on pre-ban ammo!    
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
So many ways this will lead to mis-identifying people that i dont have the time to elaborate. The concept isnt even feasible...absolutely ridiculous.

Lately there isnt an aspect of life that isnt regulated, documented, archived, and analyzed for correlations...our founding father would be glad they are dead if they could know what this country has turned into.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Get your preban Wolf .223 here!  Only $3/round!  Free shipping to lower 48!!!  .50 BMG-call for prices.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

uhhh ya wtf?? just post random anti-gun bs and move on??
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And how's it going to help for ammo that penetrates fully and sails across the countryside beyond its target?

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a victim of gun crime.  An Uzi that should cost me $600 is $7000.

Think they'll help me?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#19]

this idea is dildos.

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I would laugh at this, but there are too many people who think this would actually make a difference.  Anyone know how many murders go unsolved because they can't figure out who purchased the ammo???  My office represents a lot of murderers and I can't think of a single case where the ammo purchaser has ever been an issue.  There are also very few murders that go "unsolved" around here.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Section 3. Prohibition on possession or sale of non-coded ammunition.
1. All handgun and assault weapon ammunition manufactured or sold in the state after
January 1, 2009, shall be coded by the manufacturer.
a. The calibers covered by the coding requirement shall include: [LIST
CALIBERS].
2. No later than January 1, 2011, all non-coded ammunition for the calibers listed in this
chapter, whether owned by private citizens or retail outlets, must be disposed.
Section

So if someone is shot with an uncoded bullet=law enforcement

HOLY SHIT!

CAN I BE MORE PISSED OFF!?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Obviously, we think it's ludicrous.

Our foes are working day and night to develop strategies and ways to implement them to BAN GUNS.
These ridiculous ammo tracing laws are just a constitutional end-around but they "feel good".
We are already feeling a threat to our right by way of simple market forces driving up the cost of ammunition.
Something like this, if passed, will be unbearable.

MD has a bill in the works to require firearms to encode each round and proposes a 5 cent tax on each round sold.
Other states are working on similar schemes.
This is exactly the kind of shit they will try to slip under the radar because it doesn't explicitly address firearms themselves.

Don't Fire Mission these fools. Bombard your legislators.
Vote early and vote often. Don't let bullshit like this even see the light of day, let alone get voted on.

How much sport shooting will you be able to afford at $2.50 a round for .223?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#24]
So, who owns this website?  Anyone want to bet it's someone connected to the asshat company that backed the CA legislation on this?  Where's subnet when you need him?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Domain ID:  D137427341-LROR
Domain Name:  AMMUNITIONACCOUNTABILITY.ORG
Created On:  15-Jan-2007 17:  58:  57 UTC
Last Updated On:  19-Nov-2007 22:  59:  25 UTC
Expiration Date:  15-Jan-2009 17:  58:  57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:  GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:  GODA-026890867
Registrant Name:  Registration Private
Registrant Organization:  Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1:  DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street2:  15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Registrant Street3:  
Registrant City:  Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province:  Arizona
Registrant Postal Code:  85260
Registrant Country:  US
Registrant Phone:  +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext.:  
Registrant FAX:  +1.4806242599
Registrant FAX Ext.:  
Registrant Email:  [email protected]
Admin ID:  GODA-226890867
Admin Name:  Registration Private
Admin Organization:  Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Admin Street1:  DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street2:  15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Admin Street3:  
Admin City:  Scottsdale
Admin State/Province:  Arizona
Admin Postal Code:  85260
Admin Country:  US
Admin Phone:  +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext.:  
Admin FAX:  +1.4806242599
Admin FAX Ext.:  
Admin Email:  [email protected]
Tech ID:  GODA-126890867
Tech Name:  Registration Private
Tech Organization:  Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Tech Street1:  DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street2:  15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Tech Street3:  
Tech City:  Scottsdale
Tech State/Province:  Arizona
Tech Postal Code:  85260
Tech Country:  US
Tech Phone:  +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext.:  
Tech FAX:  +1.4806242599
Tech FAX Ext.:  
Tech Email:  [email protected]
Name Server:  NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:  NS04.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  
Name Server:  

From domainsbyproxy.org :
Domains by Proxy
Civil Subpoena Policy

Domains by Proxy Civil Subpoena Policy  
Domains by Proxy 's Privacy Policy prohibits the release of customer or account information without express permission from the customer, except when required by law, to conform to the edicts of the law, or to comply with legal process properly served on Domains by Proxy or one of its affiliates.

If you seek the identity or account information of a Domains by Proxy customer in connection with a civil legal matter, you must fax, mail, or serve Domains by Proxy with a valid subpoena.

Submission of Subpoenas

Domains by Proxy is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and all civil subpoenas should be served at that location or mailed to:

Compliance Department
Domains by Proxy
15111 N. Hayden Road
Suite 160
PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona

Alternatively, the civil subpoena can be faxed to:

Attn: Compliance Department
Notice to Customer and Response Time

Upon the receipt of a valid civil subpoena, Domains by Proxy will promptly notify the customer whose information is sought via e-mail or U.S. mail. If the circumstances do not amount to an emergency, Domains by Proxy will not immediately produce the customer information sought by the subpoena and will provide the customer an opportunity to move to quash the subpoena in court. Domains by Proxy reserves the right to charge an administration fee to the customer by charging the Payment Method the customer has on file with Domains by Proxy .

Fees for Subpoena Compliance

Domains by Proxy will charge the person or entity submitting the civil subpoena for costs associated with subpoena compliance. Payment must be made within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the Domains by Proxy invoice. Checks should be made out to Domains by Proxy

Domains by Proxy 's subpoena compliance costs are as follows:

Research - $75.00/hour
Federal Express - Cost as Billed
Copies - $.25/page
Policies Regarding E-mail

Domains by Proxy will not produce the content of e-mail, as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §2701 et seq., prohibits an electronic communications service provider from producing the contents of electronic communications, even pursuant to subpoena or court order, except in limited circumstances. Domains by Proxy 's e-mail servers do not retain deleted or sent e-mail. However, deleted e-mail may be recoverable from back-up servers for a period of up to thirty (30) days.

Domains by Proxy reserves the right to request a copy of the complaint and any supporting documentation that demonstrates how the Domains by Proxy e-mail address is related to the pending litigation and the underlying subpoena.

Revised: 8/25/05
Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved.  

Domains by Proxy
Domains by Proxy Criminal Subpoena Policy
Domains by Proxy 's Privacy Policy prohibits the release of customer or account information without express permission from the customer, except when required by law, to conform to the edicts of the law, or to comply with legal process properly served on Domains by Proxy or one of its affiliates.

If you seek the identity or account information of a Domains by Proxy customer in connection with a criminal matter, and you are a member of the law enforcement community, you must fax, mail, or serve Domains by Proxy with a valid subpoena.

Submission of Subpoenas

Domains by Proxy is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and all civil subpoenas should be served at that location or mailed to:

Compliance Department
Domains by Proxy
15111 N. Hayden Road
Suite 160
PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona

Alternatively, the criminal subpoena can be faxed to:

Attn: Compliance Department
Notice to Customer and Response Time

p] Domains by Proxy will not produce the content of e-mail, as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §2701 et seq., prohibits an electronic communications service provider from producing the contents of electronic communications, even pursuant to subpoena or court order, except in limited circumstances. Domains by Proxy 's e-mail servers do not retain deleted or sent e-mail. However, deleted e-mail may be recoverable from back-up servers for a period of up to thirty (30) days.

Domains by Proxy reserves the right to request a copy of the complaint and any supporting documentation that demonstrates how the Domains by Proxy e-mail address is related to the pending investigation and the underlying subpoena.

Revised: 8/25/05
Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved.  

shortened version: We wont tell you without a court order, get a court order and we'll drag our feet, and then charge you money for copies of the requested info
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#26]
This is interesting, if someone sends domainsbyproxy a certified letter asking for whois info, they will charge the registrant over $20.

From this site:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/domain_names/3155312.htm

"From FAQs:

What are Domains By Proxy's shipping and handling fees?
When Domains By Proxy receives certified or traceable courier mail or legal notices addressed to your domain that requires forwarding, we post an e-mail message to your Domains By Proxy account under the "My Messages" page. The message identifies the sender of the correspondence, the date we received it and a brief description of its contents. You have 72 hours to decide whether you wish to reject the correspondence or have it forwarded via overnight courier or facsimile (or both).
- If you choose to have the correspondence faxed, the charge is $1.50 per page plus a handling fee of $20.00.

- If you choose to have the correspondence sent via overnight courier, the charge is the courier's cost (typically Federal Express standard overnight) plus a handling fee of $20.00. "

I guess that could cost the registrant alot of $$$, if someone abused that.

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I sent a harsh email to them.

And later this week I need to send some snail mail letters out to my Maryland Reps.

Damn gun control
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
About Us

Ammunition Accountability is a newly forming group of ammunition coding technology supporters. Our group includes gun crime victims, industry representatives, law enforcement, public officials, public policy experts, and more. We are working together to pass legislation to make ammunition coding technology a reality.

Ammunition coding technology works by laser etching the back of each bullet with an alpha-numeric serial number. Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges, the box of ammunition and the bullets’ coding numbers would be connected to the purchaser in a statewide database. When a bullet is found at a crime scene, the code on the bullet can be read with a simple magnifying glass and then be run through a statewide database to determine who purchased the ammunition and where, providing a valuable investigative lead.

There are many ways that you can help us solve gun crime around the nation. For more information about our organization or information about the technology contact us: [email protected].

I'm getting really, really sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#29]
ETA:

The unique code is micro-laser engraved on factory-produced ammunition. This laser engraving is etched on both the projectile and the inside of the cartridge casing.

There's no part in the legislation that penalizes someone for privately selling ammunition... so I could buy a truckload of ammo all coded to my name, and resell them in private sales for $5 more / box... sure, the cops come to you if they get used in a murder, but you can't get in trouble for it.

Full of fail!
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Um... can't laser etch the bullet since it gets destroyed being shot into things...

I guess they want to laser etch the casing... which will work great on people who either use a revolver or just pick up the spent brass...

No, I'm 99.87% sure they want a cute little serial number on the backside of each projectile.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Heh.. Comedy for the day.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Nobody starts more informed, or timely 2nd Amendment threads than CRC.

For someone with a post count like yours, I figure you would know this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]
"4. The cost of maintaining the database shall be funded by the ammuni- tion coding system database fund established pursuant to section nine-ty-one-g of the State Finance Law. Vendors shall charge an additional $.005 per bullet or round of ammunition to the purchaser."

Nice to see that they'd not only make it a pain in the ass to buy ammo, that they'll us pay for the system that makes it a pain in the ass to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody starts more informed, or timely 2nd Amendment threads than CRC.

For someone with a post count like yours, I figure you would know this.

Honestly, I didn't look at any of that info when I first posted.  I just read the post, and replied.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#35]
"5. Any person in possession of non-coded ammunition must dispose of such ammunition no later than January first, two thousand ten."

So much for stocking up before the prices go up...
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"5. Any person in possession of non-coded ammunition must dispose of such ammunition no later than January first, two thousand ten."

I predict a rash of tragic boating accidents.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#37]
HOLY SHIT!  (NY Version)

2. No sale of ammunition shall be made unless the purchaser displays a current and valid gun permit and signs a statement which includes the declarations that: (a) the ammunition is purchased solely for use by the purchaser and (b) unless the purchaser is in the business of or has a legitimate reason to transfer the ammunition purchased, that the ammunition
purchased will not be transferred.

3. It shall be unlawful to sell a bullet containing an explosive substance designed to detonate upon impact or armor piercing ammunition or to sell more than one hundred bullets within any ninety day period

/FACEPALM
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Reminds me of the Chris Rock piece on "bullet control"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=juLQBeZXmPU
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Actually, that means they'll be worth even MORE, to the right people.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Reloading would have to be made a crime.

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Add

http://www.ammocoding.com/

To the list!
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#42]
What happens if someone steals my ammo?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
What happens if someone steals my ammo?

You'll probably go to jail....
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

shortened version: We wont tell you without a court order, get a court order and we'll drag our feet, and then charge you money for copies of the requested info

An excellent service.  I use a similar one myself.  Keep the web on the web and your private life your own.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This is interesting, if someone sends domainsbyproxy a certified letter asking for whois info, they will charge the registrant over $20.

From this site:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/domain_names/3155312.htm

"From FAQs:

What are Domains By Proxy's shipping and handling fees?
When Domains By Proxy receives certified or traceable courier mail or legal notices addressed to your domain that requires forwarding, we post an e-mail message to your Domains By Proxy account under the "My Messages" page. The message identifies the sender of the correspondence, the date we received it and a brief description of its contents. You have 72 hours to decide whether you wish to reject the correspondence or have it forwarded via overnight courier or facsimile (or both).
- If you choose to have the correspondence faxed, the charge is $1.50 per page plus a handling fee of $20.00.

- If you choose to have the correspondence sent via overnight courier, the charge is the courier's cost (typically Federal Express standard overnight) plus a handling fee of $20.00. "

I guess that could cost the registrant alot of $$$, if someone abused that.

It could cost you a lot in the harassment trial too.

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
About Us

Go have intercourse with yourself......

The only "accountability" for ammo I have, is putting it on target.........

Have a nice day.......
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
HOLY SHIT!  (NY Version)

2. No sale of ammunition shall be made unless the purchaser displays a current and valid gun permit and signs a statement which includes the declarations that: (a) the ammunition is purchased solely for use by the purchaser and (b) unless the purchaser is in the business of or has a legitimate reason to transfer the ammunition purchased, that the ammunition
purchased will not be transferred.

3. It shall be unlawful to sell a bullet containing an explosive substance designed to detonate upon impact or armor piercing ammunition or to sell more than one hundred bullets within any ninety day period

/FACEPALM

I'm always amused by that legislation.  It was drafted by some idiot assemblyman from NYC who doesn't even know that there's no such thing as a "gun permit" outside of NYC.

Of course, being from NYC, it's likely that he's not aware that NY state extends beyond the 5 boroughs of NYC.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Domains by Proxy.     Chickenshit little cunts using an 'invisible' domain registration co.  

Want to run your God damned life, but too fucking cowardly to stand up and say who they are.

So typical....  Fucking nanny wannabes.

Link Posted: 2/11/2008 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This bill passed the NY Assembly in 2007 and will once again pass the Dimwit controlled Assembly in 2008.

A-3447/S-2002 Includes possession of armor piercing, frangible or devastator ammunition as criminal possession of a weapon

In 2007 one of the NYC Dimwit Assemplypersons introduced the coded bullet nonsense in the state Assembly. He couldn't even get any of the other NYC Assembly Dimwits to cosponser the bill.

AN ACT to amend the general business law and the penal law, in  relation
         to establishing a statewide database to maintain and track coded ammu-
         nition  and  establishing  penalties  for individuals who violate such
         provisions; and to amend the state finance law, in relation to  estab-
         lishing the ammunition coding system database fund
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Domains by Proxy.     Chickenshit little cunts using an 'invisible' domain registration co.  

Want to run your God damned life, but too fucking cowardly to stand up and say who they are.

So typical....  Fucking nanny wannabes.

Seems to me they've provided you with a contact if you need one.

[email protected]

It's never a good idea to put personal info on the web for any reason.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top