Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:01:45 AM EDT
i was taken for some cash, anyways I got a cell phone, I was thinking of trying to call them to get them to give  up more info.

I have seen officers do it by tricking them into thinking there getting a free TV.

anyone else got some good ones??

thanks,
nothing better than getting even
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
oh heres the original post

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=286287
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a ton of em'... what's it worth to ya?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've been told hitting them with the phone book works pretty well.

Old school but still effective.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
File a police rept. If you get a decent detective working on the case (usually only if it's quite a sum of lost $) he can seek a grand jury subpoena to force the cell phone provider to dish up info on who owns the phone. Then he'd have someone to interview.

Chances are the phone is probably activated under a stolen name and credit card anyway, so you'd be SOL.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been told hitting them with the phone book works pretty well.

Put the phone book against their head and then hit the phone book with a baton!

Edited to add: When we pull a cell phone off of a perp, we download the directory from the phone with this nifty little gadget we got from another officer's wife who works for a local cell carrier. We can also usually count on the cell phone department managers' cooperation if we just show proper ID (discreetly) at most walk-in cell phone stores where the customer can pay their bills in person. No, it's probably not kosher but we ain't been refused yet. Real nice folks to deal with if they just know WHY you want the info.

One other thing, www.LocatePlus.com does a real good job busting cell phone numbers and giving you the name and billing address for the phone leasee. They do require confirmation of LEO status (usually letterhead and a call-back to confirm the letterhead) in order to set up an account, but they also have a No Hit-No Fee policy which is nice
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like the guys that took wires, taped them to a copier and to the suspect, told him it was a lie detector and would hit "copy" and have it shoot out a piece of paper that said "LIE!" everytime they asked him a question until he confessed.

I believe thats a true story , not just some myth.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW LOOK UP THE I THINK 89 OR 92 COMMUNICATIONS ACT?

Link Posted: 11/11/2004 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in Detriot. and the Sheriff's dept. I work for and several PD's called and told people with outstanding warrants that they won some cash prize, and they could pick it up at the Silverdome (lions HQ,no jokes please).

We got some 200 people busted. Nothing really big but effective.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Tampa PDrecently did a similar scam with Bucs tickets, televisions, etc, IIRC.  Better to have them show up happy that they won a prize than to serve a warrant on their terms.

Travis
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Molecule Machine (Dirt Devil)...seen it work three times, personally......
Link Posted: 11/17/2004 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Molecule Machine (Dirt Devil)...seen it work three times, personally......

what telling them they won a free dirt devil?

Link Posted: 11/19/2004 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Promise you won't tell his momma.
Link Posted: 11/20/2004 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#15]
vaccum the suspect and tell him you're going to compare the molecules  to those collected from the crime scene...
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#16]
If you want to really learn how to get good info from people http://www.reid.com One of the best classes I have ever taken.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#17]
People tend to give up some info when you convince them they are taking a marketing survey from a big name food company who is gonna give them a gift certificate after they finish the survey

Sounds stupid but
If planned well it works..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top