Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2007 8:50:00 AM EDT
Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these?  I was thinking about getting one in tan.  Do they match the tan magpul furniture?  How do they hold up?  Any information would be great.  Thanks!

Link to buttstock
www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=87&cID=57
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]
why not just get a magpul CTR? it matches magpul furniture

and people will make fun of your CAA stuff
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
they feel very cheap
they are bulky and heavy

the "adjustable cheekweld" accessory prevents you from using the charging handle at most positions... my friend is a CAA dealer and when he got the stock i asked him if the cheekweld thing got in the way and he said no... the other night we were playing with his AR and at two clicks out he couldn't charge the weapon... pretty useless if you ask me...
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to agree with the masses here. CAA is a great way to screw up an otherwise functional weapon. Your weapon is only as good as the weakest point and CAA is weak.

Oh, and people will make fun of it.

+1Get the Magpul!! A few bucks more will last a whole lot longer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree that I would go with the magpul CTR instead as it isn't that much more and you know you're getting a great product. I don't agree with bashing all of CAA's products. Their new modular grip looks and feels awesome. To me this new grip is the best grip out there for the AR.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I agree that I would go with the magpul CTR instead as it isn't that much more and you know you're getting a great product. I don't agree with bashing all of CAA's products. Their new modular grip looks and feels awesome. To me this new grip is the best grip out there for the AR.

too bad they waited until after magpul released the MIAD and it sold like hotcakes to release their "modular grip"

just like once GPS had the Grippod on the market and it was selling quite well... CAA comes out with their VFG bipod...
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback.  Looks like I'll be getting a CTR.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I havent used their stock but I do like their G27 pistol grips, both the M/AR and AK models.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
they feel very cheap YES
they are bulky and heavy YES

the "adjustable cheekweld" accessory prevents you from using the charging handle at most positions... my friend is a CAA dealer and when he got the stock i asked him if the cheekweld thing got in the way and he said no... the other night we were playing with his AR and at two clicks out he couldn't charge the weapon... pretty useless if you ask me...

Agree 100%

I bought the tan one the OP speaks of and it spent one range trip on the gun. Theres no problem color matching but it does feel cheap and bulky. Went to the CTR and couldn't be happier, just wish I had found this site before I wasted so much money
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too bad they waited until after magpul released the MIAD and it sold like hotcakes to release their "modular grip"

just like once GPS had the Grippod on the market and it was selling quite well... CAA comes out with their VFG bipod...

What does that have to do with anything? Are you bashing any of the other AR manufactures for producing AR's after Armalite came out with the idea? Are you bashing Honda for making cars well after Henry Ford started doing it? Thats a terrible argument. Thats called capitalizism, doing something quicker, better or cheaper. Also their grip is rubber not plastic like the Magpul thats why I didn't go with it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I have never had any problems out of their stock....I never even looked at any of their products until they became a sponsor here and since I have I have been quite pleased.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that have to do with anything? Are you bashing any of the other AR manufactures for producing AR's after Armalite came out with the idea? Are you bashing Honda for making cars well after Henry Ford started doing it? Thats a terrible argument. Thats called capitalizism, doing something quicker, better or cheaper. Also their grip is rubber not plastic like the Magpul thats why I didn't go with it.

I agree 100%

I have the CAA modular grip and the bustock on my Mk12 and they're both great pieces. I compared the butt-stock side by side with a VLTOR stock and couldn't understand how the VLTOR was more than 2x the price.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I've never used their stock, but I have the CAA stock saddle on my six position RRA buttstock. I like it; it emulates the cheekweld of the LMT SOPMOD at a fraction of the price. Of course, it is no where near as durable and still has the standard wiggle of a normal 6 position stock.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I must have got lucky.  Mine is quite tight (no wiggle at all).     I don't have the cheek add-on, just the standard stock as pictured.  No complaints at all.

I am not sure what to think of kids that would make fun of me for it...
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a CAA and a CTR on two different carbines.  While they are both quite different I am satisfied with both.  
-The CAA that I have fits tight, (not as solid a lock up as the CTR, but as good or better than standard M4 style stocks),
-I like the recoil pad, because it gives a nice non-slip surface, and is nicer than the slip on pads I have seen for M4 stocks.
-I don't like the battery compartment so I removed it.
-I do like the adjustment lever's finger grooves.
-I don't own the cheek piece

To me the CAA is just a slightly improved M4 stock.

The CTR is a very nice stock.
-The lock-up feature is super solid.
-Again the recoil pad/extesion is non-slip.
-It is light weight.

If you get the cheek pad for the CTR it will interfere with the charging handle as well, if the stock is not fully extended.

Link Posted: 11/21/2007 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I like CAA's VFG, and rail bipod adapter....that's about it right now ~ til I see something new I might try.

There is no real reason to put-down CAA, they just are considered the 'bargain bin' accessories maker. Some of their stuff is pretty good (Like I said, I have their VFGs) but over-all, there is better out there....and you will pay more for the better brands.
I guess it depends on whether you are gonna subject your AR to much abuse. For your average recreational shooter, their stuff is fine. In Combat???- I'd go with the best my money can get me. (1*)
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I must have got lucky.  Mine is quite tight (no wiggle at all).     I don't have the cheek add-on, just the standard stock as pictured.  No complaints at all.

I am not sure what to think of kids that would make fun of me for it...

+1

i have one, and its really tight.  doesnt wiggle at all.  it also stands up to some of the jumping an rolling around i do.  but..... like stated above, if i were to go to war.... i would buy the best i possibly could, but since i am not, i think that CAA makes really good stuff for the price.  i will buy more of there products.... no matter who makes fun of me
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a Vltor and a CAA.  I like them both.  The CAA is a little heavier, but I don't think it is any bulkier.  Mine is very tight on the tube.  No rattling at all.  The battery compartment is a lot easier to use than the Vltor, and I have never had it come open while shooting.  I do like the cheek weld of the Vltor better.  The bottom line is it's your gun.  Make it the way you like it.  Don't worry about people making fun of you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine is very solid with no wobble. However it doesn't slide as easily as my RRA M4 stock that as a little wobble.  It is kind of heavy.  IIRC about 6 oz heavier than the RRA.  It's just as well made as the RRA.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If its dropping batteries or you are its a piece of crap, return it to CAA, it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY.  I have sold them for years and have one on my AR and AK and love them.

+1

I love mine, and would much rather have it than the standard M4 stock. It's also much tighter than the standard stock.  I've had nothing but good experiences with this stock. I own two.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Never held one never seen one.

However I have pictures of Israeli military forces using them.  If thats a judge of anything...
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#23]
thats the only stock aafes has on the rack over here, and alot of people buy them because its something different.

we call it cool guy gear for gate guards.... one dipstick even replaced his ras with the plastic rails.

but we scored sopmod stocks for our M4s.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have one I bought a while back and just haven't taken the time to try it out yet.

The main draw for me was the optional mag-holder for the offside.  I figured that, if it worked well and I liked it, I'd move it from whatever AR I use as its "test mule" to my dedicated HD AR and I'd always, at worst, have at least one reload on-board in case I didn't have time to grab anything other than the rifle itself.

Even if I didn't particularly like it I figured it would still be okay on one of my range guns...

The same company sells a rail adaptor for a standard AR stcok which their mag holder fits on also.  That way you dont have to buy the whole stock just for the little 1913 rail.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
RRA seems to think they're ok.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=368769

they also thought that abortion they called the "TACTICAL DEVASTATOR ENTRY INSANE-O-RAMA™ CARRY HANDLE" was a good idea...

so take that with a grain of salt...
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RRA seems to think they're ok.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=368769

they also thought that abortion they called the "TACTICAL DEVASTATOR ENTRY INSANE-O-RAMA™ CARRY HANDLE" was a good idea...

so take that with a grain of salt...

I love my RRA Tactical Carry Handle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have to agree with the masses here. CAA is a great way to screw up an otherwise functional weapon. Your weapon is only as good as the weakest point and CAA is weak

Splain where the CAA is weak.

Oh, and people will make fun of it.

Who GARA?

+1Get the Magpul!! A few bucks more will last a whole lot longer.

I have both the MAGPUL and the CAA.  They're both quality products.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top