Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2023 5:22:13 PM EDT
1:7 medium-profile unlined barrel with Wylde chamber. I didn't do anything to it but put a dot sight on it and a 'Warhog' shorty comp - no oil or anything - it already had 'the wet look'. I did look down the bore to make sure there was nothing in it. Finally got it to the range today and set up on the 25 yard range. I brought PPU 69 gr .223 Rem. BTHP match. Shooting at a 'Shoot-n-See' 12" diameter target with a 2" red bull. I had roughed-in the sight with a chamber laser so the first shot was on the paper, high/left. Actually it was a tight 3-shot group - that's when I knew it was going to be a good day. I walked it in, finally settling on a group on the centerline about 1.5" low - this will produce a fairly flat trajectory and will be similar to the '200-yard zero'. Function was simply perfect and nothing odd happened at all - well, almost nothing. The pistol was perfect, but remember that shorty comp? I was using my range bag because I forgot my sandbags, and the blast from that comp literally blew the muzzle side out of my range bag before I knew it was happening - it was funny as hell! Fortunately I had a new one at home (another NRA Freebie) and I just have to transfer my stuff.
I don't know how this pistol could be any better - okay, the trigger is not great but not terrible - maybe I'll drop one in - but other than that, you can't beat it with a stick. I have another RF factory rifle, a 16" carbine in 7.62x39. This one was also quick to sight in and had perfect functioning in addition to being accurate. Did I mention how much I love the AR platform, DI and all? I've had ARs since 1994 along with AKs and several other types. I now have only one AK which is also a pistol. It works great and is accurate but also heavy - I'm not sure where it will be next year now that I have the AR pistol up and running.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
my son did that for me with a giant muzzle brake on my 450 bushmaster.  on my nice Kelty MAP pack :(
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, you have to laugh when something this goofy happens. I realized later that one of the adjuster covers on my dot sight had gone missing. I had them both off during the sighting-in and the muzzle blast must have knocked one off the table along with my binocular covers but at least I found those about 20' away - and all that stuff was well behind the muzzle. I mean I've shot comps before but this particular set-up is brutal! I love it!
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I forgot my bags one day at the range. I did have a Carhartt jacket in the trunk. Balled it up and used it as a rest sighting in my 10.5. Shot about three rounds and noticed some fuzzies floating in the air, looked down, two inch hole thru the jacket. It was a freebie given to me so it's now just a outdoor work jacket.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I can't believe it! I thought I was the only one that had done such a thing but I guess it happens with these shorties! Now I'm thinking when I use the bags I better make damn sure that muzzle is ahead of the bag. :)
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't find anyplace to buy one of those adjuster caps so I contacted SIG and they sent me one for free! That was really great. The sights are really good too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
😂

My son did that with my 8.5" barreled pistol, ruined one of my nice sand bags. The beans inside the bag went everywhere.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top