Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 9:53:13 AM EDT
I've decided that I want my next build to be a 11.5/5.5 9mm.  I just didn't have the heart to make a 5.56 in this configuration with an M4 sitting next to it and I wanted a 9mm so the idea was born.

The problem is I've only seen a few made and havent run into any currently produced uppers in this configuration.

Anyone have any ideas?  I think it would make a sweet little plinker.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Oly has made them. I have a manual that came with my 9mm Oly that has a 10.5/5.5 on the cover.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
A reverse "slip-over" type of f/h might be just the thing.  Bushaster has them in their catalog.  You get the look you want without sacrificing anything in the velocity department.

KA
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't want the "look" so much as the rifle itself... just out of principle.

I already have an old CAR stock for the project.  I just cant justify the short barrel in 5.56... 9mm?  You betcha.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't want the "look" so much as the rifle itself... just out of principle.

I already have an old CAR stock for the project.  I just cant justify the short barrel in 5.56... 9mm?  You betcha.

- BG

I know exactly how you feel. I too always liked the look the 11.5/5.5 FH AR but would not get one in 5.56. It's impractical to me as well.

When I got a 9mm AR, I ended up getting a 16" upper, had the bbl cut down to 11.5" and had the flash hider permanently installed. I opted to go with a Colt system over the Oly so that was my only option.

BTW, a regular AR 5.5" flash hider will work with a 9mm. The inner diameter is large enough for the 9mm round.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top