Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/22/2008 9:39:31 AM EDT
We shot the the 75gr Wolf ammunition through two different firearms.  The first gun is an MSTN built upper with 20" lilja barrel and 22x nightforce and the second rifle was and MSTN built Noveske N4 with ACOG.  With the precision rifle we were able to test the ammunition with unsuppressed and suppressed fire. Using the precision rifle we compared the Wolf 75gr ammo to Hornady 55gr tap and Black Hills 60gr match.  All the groups were shot at 100 yards with variable 5 knot winds.

Precision rifle:

The picture below shows the groupings out of the precision rifle.
groups:
1)Hornady Tap 55gr with YHM suppressor (don't count the far one at 7 o'clock)
2)Black Hills 60gr with No suppressor
3)Black Hills 60gr with No suppressor
4)Wolf 75gr with YHM suppressor
5)Wolf 75gr with No suppressor
6)Hornady 55gr TAP with suppressor
7)Hornady 55gr TAP with suppressor
8)Wolf 75gr with No suppressor
9)Wolf 75gr with YHM Suppressor

Conclusion:  The Black hills unsuppressed shot the best.  The Wolf suppressed shot better than the Wolf unsuppressed.  The Wolf ammo did not group as well as the match ammo, but the wolf worked flawlessly.  For the money being spent it does its job.

With the Noveske 14.5" N4 barrel with 4x ACOG.  The trigger on this rifle is horrible so don't read to much into the results.

Noveske N4(with the worst trigger I have ever seen):

Overall we had no problems with the Wolf in terms of function and would recommend it as good training ammo.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good shooting!hat
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good shooting! Looks like you get what you pay for.  Buy American

do you carry a handgun?

what brand

S&W/Colt??
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The wolf shot well and was 100% reliable. If I can get the same ammo for the same price from a US company, I will.

Bags

Link Posted: 6/22/2008 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like your largest group with the DMR was under 2 inches. That is just dandy for inexpensive training ammo.

As soon as I can I'll shoot some groups and post pics as well.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Molon was getting 5 inch groups with his Wolf, it seems your groups are mostly in the 2-3 inch range, that's actually pretty damn good and within spec of milspec ammo. Wow.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
judging a load on three groups from one rifle would be stupid...

more groups, like these, will give a better idea on what this practice load is capable of...
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
judging a load on three groups from one rifle would be stupid...

more groups, like these, will give a better idea on what this practice load is capable of...

unless that one rifle was the only one you owned.  Try it in your own rifle.  If it shoots good, great, if not, there are other options.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
well, if a load shoots like a bucket out of YOUR rifle...then yeah, agree completely!
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I note that my results are very similar to the groups shot with the Noveske carbine.

My Results
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top