Page / 5
Posted: 5/21/2004 2:13:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Pimp yo gat!
Hey the KAC stuff come in?
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats w/ the gold on the Larue products. Pimp guns only? Or a legit reason? -Justin

You beat me to the punch. I must learn to type faster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That has some potential!

Has pricing been set yet?

Link Posted: 5/21/2004 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you want a quick release on your BUIS?
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
In case anyone is wondering the adjustment is machined specifically to fit a quarter.

Grant is right about the shiny steel.  Mine isn't shiny anymore....hasn't been for awhile.

This a good sight if you don't want to keep a fixed BUIS on your carbine, but do want to have one that you can QUICKLY put on.   It can be a personal preference type thing.  Some people go with the method of just using your Aimpoint (if it goes TU) as a large ghost ring for close work.  This sight will allow them to keep it, say in their vest, but ready to go.

Monty

Link Posted: 5/21/2004 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
What are the benifits of brass? I always thought it was a softer metal? Just for future reference & my own curiosity. Thanks. -Justin
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there an elevation adjuster on that thing?
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Being that low and close to the charginging handle I'm afraid I'd bust a knuckle up.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Being that low and close to the charginging handle I'm afraid I'd bust a knuckle up.
Jack

I'm not impressed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I dont' see how there could be.   everything looks solid.

Link Posted: 5/21/2004 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No, but it's not the only BUIS out there without an elev. adjust.
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jack

I'm not impressed.

You're not impressed with the sight, or Jack's predictable comment??
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Jack

I would almost have to agree with him/them from the looks of it. Maybe have the lever throw forward instead?
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like Larue is set to become a major player in the aftermarket businese. I deffiently like the looks of their product line, and they seem to the adding new items all the time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll take a pass...
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got mixed feelings.

On one hand it looks robust as hell, and I like the fact that you won't have to worry about losing your adjustments (no exposed knob for windage).  On the other hand, I normally love throw levers, but on this BUIS it looks a little obtrusive.

I'll wait for some more user reports on this one before I jump on the band wagon.

But I will say that Larue looks to be a major up and coming player in the AR market.  I use a lot of ARMS mounts, but I am seriously thinking of trying out the Larue ACOG and Aimpoint mounts...
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
C4iGrant...

Please enlighten me and tell me what is better and why.

IMO, the LMT BUIS & the ARMS #40 are the standard by which all other BUIS should be judged. Both have proven themselves tough as nails & extremely battle worthy in the real world. The same can't be said for the Larue sight.

Not to mention, that exposed nut on all of Larue's products gives me pause, Murphy's Law and all.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't like the location of the throw lever or the finish of the windage dial. Tell me again how this is better than an ARMS #40?
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Troy:

While I agree with you that the verticle-split rings are kind of R2-D2 looking and don't have the esthetic appeal of the currently fashionable Chevy-V8-connecting-rod-end offerings; the LaRue stuff does work (good thing) and it's light weight (good thing).

If you take LaRue ring/mount systems apart and noodle around with them for a while, you start to realize that this LaRue guy is a freking design genius. The rings need no lapping as their interface to the mounts allows them to allign perfectly with the scope's axis and still lock down rock-solid.

As to the ability to adjust to an out-of-spec rail: One could always make the argument that "You shoulda bought an in-spec uper." While I haven't conducted a rigorous statistical study, I would nevertheless be willing to bet that there are a lot more non-spec than in-spec rails circulating in the system.

Using the below LaRue setup (please note that this is rings only; no one-piece mount); I put 5 rounds into 0.64" @ 100 yards with my SR25 using stock Fed 168 gr. match ammo. While 0.64 MOA is nothing shocking in itself; when you consider that I removed and re-mounted the scope between each shot, the experiment does say something about repeatability.

I really think you'd be doing yourself a favor by at least giving LaRue products a try.

Luck,

SD

http://www.whitmoreco.com/board/LaRue1.jpg
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#32]
You look over the top of the fixed sight @ the dot? I'm assuming you look through the BUIS, correct. Can you tell I use a flip up BUIS -Justin
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I don't like the location of the throw lever or the finish of the windage dial. Tell me again how this is better than an ARMS #40?

Any sight is better than another, only if the end user thinks it is.  That's all that matters.  

Comparing this new LaRue sight to the ARMS #40 is like comparing apples and oranges.  Apparently some here can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that the #40 is a FLIP-UP, and the LaRue is a FIXED buis!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#36]
More from the flat-Earth society......
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jack

I'm not impressed.

You're not impressed with the sight, or Jack's predictable comment??

the sight
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

the sight

Any reason??

C4

It doesn't have the swan on it
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't understand why they put a throwlever on it? If I want a BUIS that doesn't fold then I'm gonna mount it, sight it in and leave it where it is.

When I want to use my BUIS I just manipulate the little lever on my #40. The rifle never leaves firing postion. If I had one of those, I would most likely have it in a pocket somewhere because my Aimpoint is my primary optic and I'd have to fiddle with everything to mount the sight and then use it.

Now if they made a carry handle with throwlevers, I would be all over that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#43]
OK it looks nice and clean, like the QD on the rightside facing back, not sure if I really like it being a QD. Really really like the concealed windage knob, but please explain why they did not make it a fully working sight?

It is already pretty big, no award there.  Just trim down a set of A2 knobs and install them. I am sure the price is at or over 100.

The arms 40 is designed to go under a optic (scopes) not behind Aimpoints and EOtechs. You could never put this under a optic so why not make it a fully working sight? it's already close to the size of a LMT or CCH.

If you do make it a fully working sight you would have a really really good product, you could conceal all the knobs just like the current windage knob. Until then I pass, there are other products which work better for the same price.

A + for effort.
D- for execution.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
OK it looks nice and clean, like the QD on the rightside facing back, not sure if I really like it being a QD. Really really like the concealed windage knob, but please explain why they did not make it a fully working sight?

It is already pretty big, no award there.  Just trim down a set of A2 knobs and install them. I am sure the price is at or over 100.

The arms 40 is designed to go under a optic (scopes) not behind Aimpoints and EOtechs. You could never put this under a optic so why not make it a fully working sight? it's already close to the size of a LMT or CCH.

If you do make it a fully working sight you would have a really really good product, you could conceal all the knobs just like the current windage knob. Until then I pass, there are other products which work better for the same price.

A + for effort.
D- for execution.

What do you have aaginst a QD sight??  

How is it not a fully working sight??  Ifyou mean that it has not elevation adjustment, that is because you use your front post for elev.  

Why does everyone keep referring to the #40 when talking about this sight  It's comparing apples and oranges.

Furthermore, I have NO idea why somone would want a BUIS to ride UNDER an optic.  To get your #40 into play, you first must take the time to remove your optic.  That's efficient!!!  Incoming fire does not pause for technical manuevers.

This is a BUIS built for fighting, not for posting pics of it on the internet.  That is why the military is buying them.

To me, it is not anything out of line, size-wise, when compared to the LMT.
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#45]

This is a BUIS built for fighting, not for posting pics of it on the internet. That is why the military is buying them.

Interesting. Source? Number of units?
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A + for effort.
D- for execution.

What do you have aaginst a QD sight??  

How is it not a fully working sight??  Ifyou mean that it has not elevation adjustment, that is because you use your front post for elev.  

Why does everyone keep referring to the #40 when talking about this sight  It's comparing apples and oranges.

Furthermore, I have NO idea why somone would want a BUIS to ride UNDER an optic.  To get your #40 into play, you first must take the time to remove your optic.  That's efficient!!!  Incoming fire does not pause for technical manuevers.

This is a BUIS built for fighting, not for posting pics of it on the internet.  That is why the military is buying them.

To me, it is not anything out of line, size-wise, when compared to the LMT.

1. I never said I did not like QDs I have several QD products, I said I am not sure if I like this one.

2. So your saying that pulling out a bullet or finding my FS tool then adjusting my front sight is faster then fliping my QD scope mount off and fliping my rear sight up? Oh I forgot I am under fire! who the hell is going to adjust their sight under fire?

3. I did not say it was out of line, I said it was basiclly the same size. So since it is the same size and we agree on that, why not make it a fully working sight?  The LMT is a better product, why try to reinvent the wheel? Why not make this sight a better product by making it a fully adjustable sight? hell I would buy one, it just needs to be improved.

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 3:25:51 AM EDT
[#50]
looks pretty stupid in my opinion
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top