Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:37:10 AM EDT
Hi guys.  I have a BM 16” lightweight upper on a Cav arms lower with a RRA bolt group.  I have put just over 1000rds through it with out any problems at all up to now.  I shoot mostly Wolf and xm193.  The upper was used when I bought it but the bolt group and lower were new.  Here is my problem.  The last three times I have been out the gun has jammed once every time.  I am usually shooting only 40rds per outing.  It jams in a very specific way, stove pipeish.  The un-ejected case is caught on the neck by the bolt at the very front of the ejection port, so it is sticking straight out in a very obvious manner.  Initially I just thought this was a fluke because it was so strange but three times in a row has me wondering.  What is going on?  I have checked the ejector spring and it is very stiff and strong, which makes sense since it is a new bolt.  I doubt it is shot stroking because it always resets the hammer and the recoil indicates otherwise.  What is going on?  Why now?      
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That bolt does not have to travel very far back to cock the weapon. It just might be short-stroking. Check the gas key or look for a broken gas ring
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Never hurts to lube the ejector according to the TM.  Solved my problems with stove pipe issues.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top