Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:37:10 AM EDT
Hi guys.  I have a BM 16” lightweight upper on a Cav arms lower with a RRA bolt group.  I have put just over 1000rds through it with out any problems at all up to now.  I shoot mostly Wolf and xm193.  The upper was used when I bought it but the bolt group and lower were new.  Here is my problem.  The last three times I have been out the gun has jammed once every time.  I am usually shooting only 40rds per outing.  It jams in a very specific way, stove pipeish.  The un-ejected case is caught on the neck by the bolt at the very front of the ejection port, so it is sticking straight out in a very obvious manner.  Initially I just thought this was a fluke because it was so strange but three times in a row has me wondering.  What is going on?  I have checked the ejector spring and it is very stiff and strong, which makes sense since it is a new bolt.  I doubt it is shot stroking because it always resets the hammer and the recoil indicates otherwise.  What is going on?  Why now?      
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That bolt does not have to travel very far back to cock the weapon. It just might be short-stroking. Check the gas key or look for a broken gas ring
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Never hurts to lube the ejector according to the TM.  Solved my problems with stove pipe issues.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top