Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2023 9:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR]
Any have a link to a McMaster Carr part# for the Colt "Gray" dry film lube in a spray can? I tried searching but there are so many different part#s and "shirley" someone has researched this already?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sandstrom 28A is what you seek.

https://sandstromproducts.com/products/mil-spec-coatings/

I can't help with a McMaster part# though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lysanderxiii] [#2]
Originally Posted By OTDR:
Any have a link to a McMaster Carr part# for the Colt "Gray" dry film lube in a spray can? I tried searching but there are so many different part#s and "shirley" someone has researched this already?
View Quote

There are many types of solid film lubricant.  The type specified for the interior surfaces is MIL-PRF-46010, this is a heat curing, corrosion inhibiting solid film lubricant.  It is not available in aerosol cans, but is far superior to any of the air-curing types.

MIL-PRF-23398, Type II is the touch-up aerosol SFL specified in the Army's maintenance manual.  This can be obtained under a number of different brand names:

Sandstrom 28A
Everlube Lubribond 220
Perma-Slik G
Perma Slik GLF

The key feature of MIL-PRF-23398 is that it is graphite free.  

I believe that all of the above listed SFLs are available from Skygeek.

Oh, and McMaster doesn't carry any MIL-Spec SFLs, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lysanderxiii:

There are many types of solid film lubricant.  The type specified for the interior surfaces is MIL-PRF-46010, this is a heat curing, corrosion inhibiting solid film lubricant.  It is not available in aerosol cans, but is far superior to any of the air-curing types.

MIL-PRF-23398, Type II is the touch-up aerosol SFL specified in the Army's maintenance manual.  This can be obtained under a number of different brand names:

Sandstrom 28A
Everlube Lubribond 220
Perma-Slik G
Perma Slik GLF

The key feature of MIL-PRF-23398 is that it is graphite free.  

I believe that all of the above listed SFLs are available from Skygeek.

Oh, and McMaster doesn't carry any MIL-Spec SFLs, sorry.
View Quote

Thanks Sir, found it here.

https://skygeek.com/everlube-perm-silk-g-air-dry-mos2-solid-film-lubricant-16-oz-tube-mil-l-23398d-ppsgae.html
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top